[Today at 03:52:54 PM]

Marquette Football Update by TallTitan34
[Today at 09:41:46 AM]

NM by Uncle Rico
[Today at 08:59:21 AM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by DFW HOYA
[Today at 08:41:22 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Sam Hauser  (Read 127265 times)

BM1090

• All American
Sam Hauser
« on: July 14, 2014, 03:43:04 PM »
Run on Marquette crystal ball predictions for MU on 247sports. Mark Miller,  Evan Flood, Jerry Meyer included

4everwarriors

• All American
Re: Sam Hauser
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2014, 03:44:28 PM »
I'm down with this as well.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2014, 04:17:22 PM »
Top kid in the state for 2016? I'm down.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2014, 04:19:30 PM »
Sam Howitzer!

Adding to the MU arsenal!
SS Marquette

Tums Festival

• All American
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2014, 04:46:01 PM »
Here's the link to his page on 24/7 Sports.

http://247sports.com/Player/Sam-Hauser-31242
"Every day ends with a Tums festival!"

AZWarrior

• All American
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2014, 04:52:30 PM »
I'm down with this as well.

Does that mean you look upon this situation with favor?  Or does that mean you are in agreement that he's MU-bound?

[Help me out here, I'm old and out of touch]
All this talk of rights.  So little talk of responsibilities.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2014, 04:53:57 PM »
Does that mean you look upon this situation with favor?  Or does that mean you are in agreement that he's MU-bound?

Painless needn't explain himself to anyone. His pronouncements are manna.

Death on call

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2014, 12:19:28 PM »
Does that mean you look upon this situation with favor?  Or does that mean you are in agreement that he's MU-bound?

Being old and out of touch is where you need to be when disciphering a 4ever post!
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2014, 12:25:07 PM »
I saw him play last Thursday and was immediately sold on him. I really want him to come to MU.

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2014, 12:26:24 PM »
Run on Marquette crystal ball predictions for MU on 247sports. Mark Miller,  Evan Flood, Jerry Meyer included

I'm really starting to suspect that Jerry Meyer just copies Mark Miller's predictions when it comes to Wisconsin players.

I don't really know, but it seems to me that Hauser would fill a role similar to what Matt Ryan would have filled.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

ATWizJr

• All American
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2014, 12:39:36 PM »
Painless needn't explain himself to anyone. His pronouncements are manna.
  a MASH reference? Nice.

Nukem2

• All American
« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2014, 01:10:48 PM »

Urban dictionary defines "down with" as "in agreement with"

BCHoopster

• All American
« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2014, 01:11:38 PM »
 I have never seen Sam Hauser play, but MU only has one scholarship to give in 2 years, losing only Steve Taylor.  If he says yes, is he that good to give him the only scholarship?  I know
you have to always keep recruiting as somebody might leave but with a big recruiting class next year, mainly local kids, I do not see much of that like in the past.  What do you think?

AZWarrior

• All American
« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2014, 01:33:49 PM »
Urban dictionary defines "down with" as "in agreement with"

Hmmm......I think I'll book mark the Urban dictionary.

Thanks, BTW.
All this talk of rights.  So little talk of responsibilities.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2014, 03:25:16 PM »
I have never seen Sam Hauser play, but MU only has one scholarship to give in 2 years, losing only Steve Taylor.  If he says yes, is he that good to give him the only scholarship?  I know
you have to always keep recruiting as somebody might leave but with a big recruiting class next year, mainly local kids, I do not see much of that like in the past.  What do you think?

We're getting the Stone/Newman package and they are both going pro after their freshmen year

I think it's more likely than not that we will have more than one schollie available for 2016 when all is said and done. I think the average for transfers is around 2.5 per school per offseason.

But if Wojo keeps everyone in tow, Hauser wouldn't be a bad add. 6"6 and can play multiple positions. Great shooting stroke. Could be a Sam Dekker lite. That being said, I expect Wojo will kick the tires on a lot of potential Warriors.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2014, 03:33:23 PM »

If things go as I hope they do we will have Fischer, Heldt and Ellenson for bigmen. I should not place so much value on watching a player only once, but I think Hauser is worth our only 2016 scholarship.

muhoops1

• All American
« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2014, 03:51:47 PM »
I saw him play last Thursday and was immediately sold on him. I really want him to come to MU.

Have you seen the younger brother play?  Kid is a stud. 

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2014, 03:52:10 PM »
  a MASH reference? Nice.

Well done, Tom. The Painless Last Supper scene is pure cinematic Gold.

Death on call

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2014, 09:15:41 PM »
We're getting the Stone/Newman package and they are both going pro after their freshmen year

I think it's more likely than not that we will have more than one schollie available for 2016 when all is said and done. I think the average for transfers is around 2.5 per school per offseason.

But if Wojo keeps everyone in tow, Hauser wouldn't be a bad add. 6"6 and can play multiple positions. Great shooting stroke. Could be a Sam Dekker lite. That being said, I expect Wojo will kick the tires on a lot of potential Warriors.

Heading into his freshman year it will be lite, but I sure as heck hope he develops better than Dekker has in college.  Talk about a player leveling off at the college level.  All I heard about Dekker was that he was a more athletic Steve Novak, would only be around for 2 years at the absolute max, would possibly be a one and done, would be the most athletic player on the court in most games, etc. etc. etc.  While certainly far from a bad player, Dekker has not come close to living up to the hype/expectations.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2014, 09:21:45 PM »
Houser? Yowser!

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2014, 11:24:49 PM »
Wojo looking to lock down Wisconsin prepsters.

Oh yeahhhhhh....
SS Marquette

Freeport Warrior

• All American
« Reply #21 on: July 16, 2014, 11:36:59 AM »
Have you seen the younger brother play?  Kid is a stud. 
He played a little bit on the 16U team on Sunday, but not at all when it counted. I remember playing against Joey Hauser in the middle school state tourney a few years back. He was so tall, he could hold the ball so high that most of our guys couldn't even jump that high, lol. We saw him in the aux gym at Mequon on Sunday -- he is exactly as tall as his older brother -- which they list at 6' 6".

jakeec

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #22 on: July 16, 2014, 11:54:28 AM »
Yea, not sure what to make of this guy yet. Has Wisconsin offered?

thanooj

• Starter
« Reply #23 on: July 16, 2014, 12:04:26 PM »
Heading into his freshman year it will be lite, but I sure as heck hope he develops better than Dekker has in college.  Talk about a player leveling off at the college level.  All I heard about Dekker was that he was a more athletic Steve Novak, would only be around for 2 years at the absolute max, would possibly be a one and done, would be the most athletic player on the court in most games, etc. etc. etc.  While certainly far from a bad player, Dekker has not come close to living up to the hype/expectations.

I don't know that much about his hype before going to UW, but does anyone think badger fans are even the slightest bit disappointed in dekker's first two years in college?  He is quick, athletic, can drive and finish, get to loose balls and drain the open three. I would love a guy like that on marquette.

And just to stir the pot, I think he will have a very nice NBA career.
Original member of the "Dean's List"

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #24 on: July 16, 2014, 12:08:46 PM »

If you look at Dekker's stats, they are about the same as Novak's after two years.  Dekker is a better rebounder and Novak is a better shooter from deep.

Dekker's just fine.  I think the expectations were a bit much coming in, but he'll make the NBA.

feedback