[April 22, 2024, 08:17:35 PM]

MU Alumni playing in European and Foreign Leagues Thread by mileskishnish72
[April 22, 2024, 04:17:36 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by WeAreMarquette96
[April 22, 2024, 01:49:31 PM]

[Paint Touches] Way-Too-Early roundup of MU rankings by tower912
[April 22, 2024, 01:29:28 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Unflattering Report About Diamond Stone's Play Yesterday In Philly  (Read 22837 times)

NersEllenson

• All American
Re: Unflattering Report About Diamond Stone's Play Yesterday In Philly
« Reply #25 on: July 12, 2014, 08:03:25 AM »
A sandwich like that and you would have to worry about a freaky fast delivery. 

What TAMU said..

Well played
"I'm not sure Cadougan would fix the problems on this team. I'm not even convinced he would be better for this team than DeWil is."

BrewCity77, December 8, 2013

NersEllenson

• All American
« Reply #26 on: July 12, 2014, 08:08:21 AM »
Says the guy that believes that Jessica is Kate's equal. 90% of the time red blooded males would pick Kate first over Jessica. After all, who would want Tony Romo's leftovers.

Actually that was me who said that Willie.  Perhaps I could have picked a better girl than Jessica....but Jessica at the same age as Kate Upton.....was every bit as hot/amazing as Kate Upton today...and when Jessica stays fit....she's still got it going on.  I trust John Mayer has had his share of girls and when he said about Jessica Simpson:  "That girl, for me, is a drug. And drugs aren’t good for you if you do lots of them. Yeah, that girl is like crack cocaine to me… Sexually it was crazy. That’s all I’ll say. It was like napalm, sexual napalm."

"I'm not sure Cadougan would fix the problems on this team. I'm not even convinced he would be better for this team than DeWil is."

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #27 on: July 12, 2014, 09:42:38 AM »
Actually that was me who said that Willie.  Perhaps I could have picked a better girl than Jessica....but Jessica at the same age as Kate Upton.....was every bit as hot/amazing as Kate Upton today...and when Jessica stays fit....she's still got it going on.  I trust John Mayer has had his share of girls and when he said about Jessica Simpson:  "That girl, for me, is a drug. And drugs aren’t good for you if you do lots of them. Yeah, that girl is like crack cocaine to me… Sexually it was crazy. That’s all I’ll say. It was like napalm, sexual napalm."

I do agree that Jessica was a Hottie several years ago, but let herself go. Somehow, I don't see Kate doing that. Now "sexual napalm", I had not heard that before, but somehow, I expect Keefe to come up with some photos of Israeli chicks that fall within that tag. Cue to Keefe in 3...2...1...
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #28 on: July 12, 2014, 01:02:06 PM »
Only here can we turn a thread about Diamond Stone playing in Philly to a discussion of the relative hotness between Kate Upton and Jessica Simpson ... And do it by page 2!!

For all you newbies, these guys are professionals, do not attempt this at home.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #29 on: July 12, 2014, 01:30:10 PM »
It's also known as the off-season.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #30 on: July 12, 2014, 02:51:45 PM »
Here is the ultimate Notre Dame fan sandwich: Rosie O'Donnel and Roseanne Barr; followed up with Hillary Clinton and Donna Shalala. Sorry, it is the two Heinekens before two martinis.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

thehammock

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #31 on: July 12, 2014, 04:24:40 PM »
Jerry Meyer and mark miller have predicted Stone to UW.

Stretchdeltsig

• All American
« Reply #32 on: July 12, 2014, 04:38:53 PM »
Would much rather have Henry play for Marquette.

NersEllenson

• All American
« Reply #33 on: July 12, 2014, 04:44:43 PM »
Jerry Meyer and mark miller have predicted Stone to UW.

Damn it...anywhere but there Diamond.  Why??!

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #34 on: July 12, 2014, 05:03:41 PM »
Sounds like Diamond is a long way from deciding anything.  See the highlighted part.

Diamond Stone a main draw at Breakout Classic
Posted on July 11, 2014 by jmverlin   
No comments yet

Ari Rosenfeld (@realA_rosenfeld)

http://cityofbasketballlove.com/2014/07/diamond-stone-a-main-draw-at-breakout-classic/

This year’s Reebok Breakout Classic at Philadelphia University brought in over 120 elite prospects from around the country, featuring players from the 2015, 2016, and 2017 classes. Of these 120, 32 of them are ranked in the top 100 of their respective classes, according to 247Sports Composite rankings.

With so much talent assembled in one camp, it can be easy for an individual player to get lost in the shuffle. Fortunately for him, one player certainly did not have to worry about that.

Among so many top 100 players, Diamond Stone was, by any measure, the highest-ranked prospect at Philly U this week. ESPN, Yahoo!, and 247Sports all have him in the top 10 of their 2015 rankings, and each recruiting service ranks him as the top center in the country.

At 6-foot-10 and 255 pounds and possessing a variety of moves and countermoves in the post, Stone is used to dominating wherever he plays. During his junior season at Whitefish Bay Dominican High School in his hometown of Milwaukee, he posted season averages of 24 points and 13 rebounds, while shooting 69 percent from the field.

However, the Breakout Classic presented a different challenge for the Wisconsin native, as he matched up with two top-25 centers, Skal Labissiere and Elijah Thomas, and a rising star in 7-3 Jean-Marc Koumadje in his first three games of the event. He knew he had to shift gears playing against fellow elite big men.

“You don’t take plays off. You’ve gotta play hard every possession,” he said. “They’re top bigs too and they have nice games too. You’ve just gotta never put your guards down and always play hard.”

The matchup against Labissiere was the biggest draw of the camp’s opening night, with coaches like John Calipari, Bo Ryan, and Larry Brown all watching from the front row.

The two elite centers played to a draw with Stone finishing with eight points and three rebounds, and Labissiere matching his eight points and pulling down five rebounds.

Against Thomas on Thursday morning, both players finished without a field goal, with Thomas out rebounding Stone 8-2.

While his numbers were not comparable to those he posted during the high school season (players at the camp also only play about half of each game), Stone was still happy with how he played against such strong competition.

“[Against] Skal I had a little stomach flu, so in the second half I couldn’t finish it off with him,” Stone explained. “But I think I played good against him. Elijah today, me and him went at it. We both didn’t have a field goal, so it was a tough matchup. Physical matchup.”

It was not until his third game, against the towering Koumadje, that Stone truly broke out. He finished the game with 12 points, saying he “went at him pretty nice,” and held Koumadje to just eight points of his own.

He demonstrated his true potential in his final game of the night on Thursday, dominating en route to 19 points and four rebounds, and shooting 7-11 from the field.

It was an impromptu individual battle with GodsPower Ogide that ultimately brought out the best in Stone.

“I’m just playing my game and he just gave me a little bump,” Stone said. “He was just like ‘You know you suck, right?’. I was like ‘Alright.’ So I started playing for real, and then it just started happening. He started asking for the ball, I started asking for the ball. And I just started scoring.”

Although many players might get a bit nervous playing in front of someone like John Calipari, who recently extended an offer to Stone, he took a very smart approach to the situation.

“It’s just a regular game. If he’s not there or if he’s there, I’m playing my game,” Stone said. “All of these wonderful schools are here watching me and everybody else here. So some people might try to do too much out of their games, but I’m just gonna play my game. That’s why they recruit me, to play my game.”

While many of the nation’s premier coaches made a point to watch him play this week, Stone is not worrying too much about his recruitment right now. He has visited Marquette, Wisconsin, Illinois, DePaul, and SMU, but does not yet have a list of his top schools.

Instead, he is using this week’s camp to prepare for the Under Armour Association Finals in Atlanta next week. Stone enters the Association’s championship tournament with averages of 24.8 points (2nd highest in the Association), 11 rebounds (1st), 4.3 blocks (1st) and a 61% field goal percentage for his Milwaukee Young Legends team.

“With this camp, I’m just really trying to practice for Atlanta,” Stone said. “It’s practice for Atlanta. Atlanta is the UA Nationals, so that’s what I’m preparing for.”

“We haven’t really won too many games on the Under Armour circuit, so I think to win in Atlanta, that would be a big statement for us.”

Although he more than held his own in all of his individual matchups this week, the highlight of the camp for Stone actually came off of the court.

The Breakout Classic kicked off its action on Wednesday with a panel featuring a variety of current and former NBA stars, including Shaquille O’Neal, Dominique Wilkins and Shawn Kemp.

Stone, considered a potential NBA prospect down the line, made sure to pay extra attention to their sentiments, and even got some individual advice from Wilkins and Kemp.

“Dominique just told me to just keep working. He liked my number ‘cause I wear Number 21,” Stone said. “He just told me to keep working. He said I have a bright future ahead of me. Shawn Kemp just told me to keep working too. He told me the same things Dominique said.”

While Shaq did not have any advice for the young big man, Stone was still on the NBA legend’s radar.

“Shaq told me he was coming for me, so I don’t know whether to take that good or not,” Stone revealed with a laugh. “He just looked at me, gave me a stare, then pointed at me.”

WellsstreetWanderer

• All American
« Reply #35 on: July 12, 2014, 05:55:50 PM »

Won't be $5 either

MuMark

• All American
« Reply #36 on: July 12, 2014, 06:16:01 PM »
Jeff Borzello @jeffborzello  ·  28m
Entered new Crystal Ball picks for Diamond Stone and Malik Newman earlier today. Go see what I've got in Storrs: http://247sports.com/User/Jeff%20Borzello/Predictions?PlayerInstitution.PrimaryPlayerSport.Recruitment.Year=2015&PlayerInstitution.PrimaryPlayerSport.Sport=Basketball

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #37 on: July 12, 2014, 06:29:00 PM »
Jeff Borzello @jeffborzello  ·  28m
Entered new Crystal Ball picks for Diamond Stone and Malik Newman earlier today. Go see what I've got in Storrs: http://247sports.com/User/Jeff%20Borzello/Predictions?PlayerInstitution.PrimaryPlayerSport.Recruitment.Year=2015&PlayerInstitution.PrimaryPlayerSport.Sport=Basketball
UW for you Mark?

MuMark

• All American
« Reply #38 on: July 12, 2014, 06:47:16 PM »
I'm not Mark Miller......If he wants to stay in state I think it's UW....MU has backed off and is going all out for Ellenson.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #39 on: July 12, 2014, 06:59:00 PM »
Smart play, better fit
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

thebadge10

• Walk-On
« Reply #40 on: July 12, 2014, 09:16:53 PM »
Speaking of unflattering reports I saw a top 40 ranking of The Lebron Skills Academy and Henry Ellensen came in at #32.  Several lower class kids were ranked higher.  Noshowiak did not make the top 40.
http://www.studentsports.com/basketball/2014/07/11/lebron-top-35-rankings/
« Last Edit: July 12, 2014, 09:20:53 PM by thebadge10 »

jakeec

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #41 on: July 12, 2014, 09:24:34 PM »
Badge-Do you think Bo would take Ellenson still or is he not a good fit now for UW?  

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #42 on: July 12, 2014, 09:27:27 PM »
Speaking of unflattering reports I saw a top 40 ranking of The Lebron Skills Academy and Henry Ellensen came in at #32.  Several lower class kids were ranked higher.  Noshowiak did not make the top 40.

Lol. #32 recruit in the country unflattering. Gotta love Badger fans. Go to 1 Final Four with Bo and now they think they're Kentucky. Hilarious.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #43 on: July 12, 2014, 09:37:29 PM »

Where's Brevin Pritzl on that list?
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #44 on: July 13, 2014, 11:52:42 AM »
That's why I do hot yoga 5 times a week Murs.  Great for the stamina...and not to mention the classes are loaded with girls in sports bras and yoga shorts.  It's a hell of a workout too.  Amazing considering you are on basically a 6'6" x 2' mat...and nothing more.  NO sprints, no running, none of it...but it kicks your ass.

Unfortunately however, regardless of acquiring good stamina from yoga...I won't be landing Kate or Jessica.   ;)

As much as I love looking at toned female ass in spandex I will take a six mile run followed by clanking iron in a room full of sweating warriors any day. 

Death on call

NersEllenson

• All American
« Reply #45 on: July 13, 2014, 12:06:28 PM »
As much as I love looking at toned female ass in spandex I will take a six mile run followed by clanking iron in a room full of sweating warriors any day. 

I still lift weights in addition to doing yoga - but yoga has replaced basketball/running/tennis as my cardio - as my knees don't like the abuse anymore.  You should give yoga a try Keefe...seriously...think you'd be blown away by how challenging it is.  But..you have to go to a Vinyasa Power class.  You should check out Core Power Yoga - they have them in Washington - go to a C2, or Sculpt class - pretty sure you won't be disappointed.

Texas Western

• All American
« Reply #46 on: July 13, 2014, 12:17:19 PM »

I have been to a lot of these. There is tremendous ball hogging and selfish play most of the time. I wouldn't put much stock in the rankings,  certain kids do better at showcasing themselves than others. Basketball is a team sport.

MuMark

• All American
« Reply #47 on: July 13, 2014, 12:23:52 PM »

Wisconsin forward Henry Ellenson has already climbed into 2015's top 20 and earned five-star status. At No. 17 overall, though, it is possible that he may still be a little bit under ranked. Nobody at camp showed deeper range on their jump shot and he was quite comfortable from behind the NBA line. In the past, the biggest quibble with his game has been that Ellenson settles a little too easily for the deep jumper. On Friday and Saturday at LBJ, Ellenson showed much more off the dribble and was quite active around the rim.

In fact, Ellenson looked so good off the dribble that you have to wonder if he might not be able to play full time on the wing sometime in the next few years. He certainly has the speed and skill to do so, the question is if he can hang with the smaller and quicker athletes he would be matched up with. His older brother recently transferred to Marquette and that has set off a flurry of rumors indicating that he will follow, but Ellenson wouldn't tip his hand.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #48 on: July 13, 2014, 12:30:03 PM »
Here is the ultimate Notre Dame fan sandwich: Rosie O'Donnel and Roseanne Barr; followed up with Hillary Clinton and Donna Shalala. Sorry, it is the two Heinekens before two martinis.

Followed by a Janet Reno palette cleansing after dinner mint

Death on call

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #49 on: July 13, 2014, 12:44:05 PM »
I still lift weights in addition to doing yoga - but yoga has replaced basketball/running/tennis as my cardio - as my knees don't like the abuse anymore.  You should give yoga a try Keefe...seriously...think you'd be blown away by how challenging it is.  But..you have to go to a Vinyasa Power class.  You should check out Core Power Yoga - they have them in Washington - go to a C2, or Sculpt class - pretty sure you won't be disappointed.

I'm just an old dog set in his ways, Ners. Back in the MU day, my wife used to take yoga lessons at the downtown Y. The teacher was a somewhat famous Yogini, Kathleen Hitchcock. My wife used to make me walk her from Cobeen to the Y and then back to Cobeen because the classes were at night. I mean, she could kick any guy's ass but she was afraid to walk three blocks? I think it was just part of her Training & Conditioning Program for Future Spouse Readiness. Nothing a woman does is ever random.

Death on call