[Today at 02:47:50 PM]

2024-25 Outlook by MUbiz
[Today at 12:32:43 PM]

Point guard or big by Jockey
[Today at 11:37:56 AM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by Shooter McGavin
[Today at 10:25:48 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Another MU Bball Player Trying To Recruit A Sibling To Play Bball At MU  (Read 3692 times)

Tugg Speedman

• All American
Wally Is Not Alone!

Also, Sandy and his sister were both state champion in the triple jump.  How many times has that happened before?

Southwest guard Hiedeman deciding her future

http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/story/sports/high-school/basketball/2014/07/07/southwest-guard-hiedeman-deciding-future/12321257/

Natisha Hiedeman will make one of the biggest decisions of her young life by the end of this summer.

The 5-foot-8 standout guard on the Green Bay Southwest girls basketball team plans to make several visits to colleges next month, putting in as much work off the court as she does on it in order to secure her future.

There already have been text messages to deal with. Phone calls, too. It's part of the recruiting process, and something Hiedeman has gotten used to.

"You kind of just have to make time for it all," Hiedeman said. "But it's good. It's a good feeling when a college really wants you. It's been fun so far."

Hiedeman just completed a standout track and field season last month, which ended with her winning gold in the WIAA Division 1 triple jump. But track and field — she also helped the Trojans go to state in tennis — is just something to keep her active and in shape for the sport she loves most.

She left last week for a two-week trip to Ohio, Illinois and Indiana to play in basketball tournaments for both her AAU team and Team Wisconsin. It's another chance to impress college coaches, but Hiedeman realizes she doesn't have to put on a show to get noticed. She figures as long as she plays her game, everything else will take care of itself.

Of course, Hiedeman already has done enough to leave positive impressions during her past two seasons with the Trojans.

As a junior, the slick-shooting lefty was a first-team all-conference pick in the Fox River Classic Conference, finishing third in league play with 17.1 points per game. Hiedeman shot 47.7 percent from the field — she struggled from the free throw line at 49.3 percent — while also finishing fourth in both rebounds (102) and assists (51) and leading the league with 57 steals.

She improved significantly from her sophomore to junior seasons, being able to do more things when she has the ball and learning how to adjust to new teammates on the court. She's had to face box-and-ones and triangle-and-twos, but still has found ways to be successful.

Perhaps the scary part is that Hiedeman is far from a finished project, which will include adding muscle to a skinny frame in order to help with the rigors of a college season.

That became clear to Hiedeman when she made a visit to West Virginia. When she arrived, it was as if she had entered a land of giants.

"I was standing there and looking up at people," Hiedeman said. "They were just huge. I was like, 'Oh, my gosh.' They told me that these girls walked in looking like you are, so I'm not really worried about it. I know when I go to college, I will get bigger."

The only question now is where?

She could play at Marquette and join her half-brother, former Seymour star Sandy Cohen, who will be a freshman on the men's team this season.

She also could end up at a place like the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee, a Horizon League team that competes against the University of Wisconsin-Green Bay at least twice per season.

The Phoenix has not made an offer to Hiedeman, and she isn't sure what they think of her. She has attended games in the past and would seriously consider an offer if UWGB coach Kevin Borseth presented one, especially with how convenient it would be for her family and friends to be able to watch her play.

Hiedeman at times looks at the roster configuration of a team to see how she would fit in. But in the end, it's about finding the right place and letting her play do the talking.

"Marquette offered me, and I looked right at their roster," Hiedeman said. "They have literally guards on guards. I was like, 'Uh, oh. I might not see the floor there.' But then I took my visit there and they told me they always play four guards and one post.

"A lot of other coaches say that if you are good, it doesn't really matter if you're a freshman. If you can play, you will be on the court. Hopefully, I can go to college and get better and play. It's all up to me."

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
Smart girl:

"Marquette offered me, and I looked right at their roster," Hiedeman said. "They have literally guards on guards. I was like, 'Uh, oh. I might not see the floor there.' But then I took my visit there and they told me they always play four guards and one post.
SS Marquette

jesmu84

• All American
Where in there does it say Sandy is recruiting her to MU? You are really taking a lot of leeway with the topics on your posts lately. Maybe just stick to the headlines of the articles?

Tugg Speedman

• All American
Where in there does it say Sandy is recruiting her to MU? You are really taking a lot of leeway with the topics on your posts lately. Maybe just stick to the headlines of the articles?

Yeah you're right ...her brother is going to MU and she is being recruited to MU.  I'm sure they have never talked about it, even once.  And I' sure if she ever asks him about it, he has no opinion about MU.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
Yeah you're right ...her brother is going to MU and she is being recruited to MU.  I'm sure they have never talked about it, even once.  And I' sure if she ever asks him about it, he has no opinion about MU.

They are step siblings, how do you know they even talk? Maybe Sandy being there is actually a deterrent? IDK, but it is a possibility.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2014, 11:37:04 AM by TAMU Eagle »
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

jesmu84

• All American
They are step siblings, do how do you know they even talk? Maybe Sandy being there is actually a deterrent? IDK, but it is a possibility.

Nah. Sensationalized headlines are way more fun.

Tugg Speedman

• All American
They are step siblings, how do you know they even talk? Maybe Sandy being there is actually a deterrent? IDK, but it is a possibility.

Maybe this article where she says she talks to Sandy regularly about what to do with her college choice and going to MU might help.

http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/article/20140213/GPG020503/302130440

And this article saying she chose track over soccer so she could compete along side Sandy at meets

http://www.usatodayhss.com/greenbaypressgazette/article/prep-track-sophomore-jumper-hiedeman-southwests-most-talented-athlete--2013304190362

But I'm sure jesmu84 with ANALyze a problem with this too.

jesmu84

• All American
Maybe this article where she says she talks to Sandy regularly about what to do with her college choice and going to MU might help.

http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/article/20140213/GPG020503/302130440

And this article saying she chose track over soccer so she could compete along side Sandy at meets

http://www.usatodayhss.com/greenbaypressgazette/article/prep-track-sophomore-jumper-hiedeman-southwests-most-talented-athlete--2013304190362

But I'm sure jesmu84 with ANALyze a problem with this too.

Or, you could have just posted those two articles first where something was actually said that supported your thread title. Sounds like someone needs a snickers.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
Heisenberg lacks journalistic integrity. This and more on News at 9.

Tugg Speedman

• All American
Heisenberg lacks journalistic integrity. This and more on News at 9.

Well considering I'm not a journalist, I'll take that as a compliment.

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for

So, you're not going to lobby to send this thread to Superbar?  Going soft, eh?
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
So, you're not going to lobby to send this thread to Superbar?  Going soft, eh?

After considering the testimony, I will allow it.

#threadnazi

lol
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
I assume she is maybe Mike Heideman's daughter, former UW GB head coach?