[Today at 12:06:20 PM]

MU Gear by Pepe Sylvia
[Today at 11:45:12 AM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by Uncle Rico
[Today at 11:43:51 AM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by MU82
[Today at 11:11:25 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Henry Ellenson Follows MU Closely And Is A Big Wojo Fan!  (Read 50200 times)

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"

Death on call

NersEllenson

• All American
Re: Henry Ellenson Follows MU Closely And Is A Big Wojo Fan!
« Reply #28 on: July 13, 2014, 11:27:45 AM »
Why did he stop posting?

BMA not posting here is my fault.  It's been brought up numerous times.  Back when Chicos was critical of everything Buzz did as our head coach, while supporting Tom Crean when he left...we'd battle on....my point...why take up for the guy who left....and why be critical of our current coach in his first couple of years on the job...BMA sided with Chicos ultimately....and blamed me for him not posting.  The reality is BMA never really got in the inner circle of Buzz, and therefore wasn't a huge Buzz fan...while he was a Crean fan...as he had access to more info under Crean..

WE all know 6 years later and Chicos still has a hard time not slobbering over anything Tom Crean, and defending Tom against anyone who write a critical post.  I've yet to see Chicos be taking up for Buzz in any way, shape or form now that Buzz is gone.  Zero credit for anything he accomplished at MU...yet 6 years later and he can't stop himself from standing up for Tom Crean.  Hell, I loved Buzz, defended him like hell for his first 4 years - while some were still calling into question his ability/skills - but I can call it like it is...and not continue supporting someone who doesn't deserve it..once they're ego has become super sized....which is what happened with Crean after he became successful, same as it did to Buzz.

"I'm not sure Cadougan would fix the problems on this team. I'm not even convinced he would be better for this team than DeWil is."

BrewCity77, December 8, 2013

hoops12

• Starter
« Reply #29 on: July 13, 2014, 12:23:10 PM »
Grow up and move on!

tompopsicle

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #30 on: July 13, 2014, 03:25:53 PM »
Kentucky just offered Henry today per 247sports

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #31 on: July 13, 2014, 03:34:11 PM »
Now we're fooked, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #32 on: July 13, 2014, 03:51:17 PM »
Fook Euuuw Kaaaay.

Mouth breathin', cousin doin', possum eatin' door knobs.

Daniel

• All American
« Reply #33 on: July 13, 2014, 04:09:43 PM »
Kentucky just offered Henry today per 247sports

While a challenge, we know the blue bloods will be all over him. We just have to stay the course and hopefully he chooses Marquette where he will be a super star.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #34 on: July 14, 2014, 12:04:38 AM »
BMA not posting here is my fault.  It's been brought up numerous times.  Back when Chicos was critical of everything Buzz did as our head coach, while supporting Tom Crean when he left...we'd battle on....my point...why take up for the guy who left....and why be critical of our current coach in his first couple of years on the job...BMA sided with Chicos ultimately....and blamed me for him not posting.  The reality is BMA never really got in the inner circle of Buzz, and therefore wasn't a huge Buzz fan...while he was a Crean fan...as he had access to more info under Crean..

WE all know 6 years later and Chicos still has a hard time not slobbering over anything Tom Crean, and defending Tom against anyone who write a critical post.  I've yet to see Chicos be taking up for Buzz in any way, shape or form now that Buzz is gone.  Zero credit for anything he accomplished at MU...yet 6 years later and he can't stop himself from standing up for Tom Crean.  Hell, I loved Buzz, defended him like hell for his first 4 years - while some were still calling into question his ability/skills - but I can call it like it is...and not continue supporting someone who doesn't deserve it..once they're ego has become super sized....which is what happened with Crean after he became successful, same as it did to Buzz.

I've called it like it is for Crean for many years...he's a jerk, prick, tough to work for, etc.  That doesn't mean people get to make up stuff that is patently wrong or false.  Some of us told you about Buzz over the years, but it took this year for folks to wake up to it.

As for defending Buzz, sure I have and I've also criticized him, too.  I also said he would do well at Va. Tech, but I'm feeling a lot less squirmy with Wojo at the helm.  http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=44300.msg633033#msg633033

My belief is Buzz walked into an insanely good situation at MU, a ready made team and he didn't screw it up.  That bought him legitimacy, from there he recruited well.  His second year, was fantastic, all things considered, and that bought him even more legitimacy.  Sometimes in life it is all about the timing, sometimes its a bit of both.  Yet, he also botched some things, some high profile things that he should not have been involved in...things his players did.  When the administration clamped down, he took it as a slight, bad move.  I feel less squirmy now, but thank him for his accomplishments. 

If people say categorically wrong things about Buzz, I'll defend him.  If people attack his wife, his skin color, his kids, as many here have done incessantly about Crean, I'll defend him.  So on and so forth.

I wish Wojo all the best. 

Black Swan

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #35 on: July 14, 2014, 08:27:19 AM »
So Kentucky has offered Ellenson but may or may not be after Stone? Hmmm?

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #36 on: July 14, 2014, 08:37:12 AM »
So Kentucky has offered Ellenson but may or may not be after Stone? Hmmm?

I think a lot of people are beginning to see Ellenson as a 3/4 with a good inside/outside game.  And Stone's rise seems to have stalled.

MUCam

• All American
« Reply #37 on: July 14, 2014, 08:41:53 AM »

Comically, I think you gave us the answer to why he no longer posts with this very post. The real genius is Keefe who I believe knew this was coming as an answer.

Brilliant.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #38 on: July 14, 2014, 08:46:34 AM »
I've decided I want Marquette to get Henry Ellenson.

And if that isn't enough to swing it to our favor, I don't know what is!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

NersEllenson

• All American
« Reply #39 on: July 14, 2014, 09:00:14 AM »
Comically, I think you gave us the answer to why he no longer posts with this very post. The real genius is Keefe who I believe knew this was coming as an answer.

Brilliant.

I doubt Keefe knew the answer...in fact...go ahead and ask him directly.  It was yet another example of Chico's being a D-Bag...trying to bait someone into uploading the exact post.  I simply owned it and gave the answer instead of for about the 10th time in the last two years...after Chicos posting:  I miss BMA...which in turn sparks the very question Keefe asked...Chicos posting the link to the post where BMA gave his reasons...which ultimately are what I describe.

Sadly, if Chicos weren't so hell bent on tearing down Buzz his first 4 years on the job, all the while trying to take up for his mancrush on Tom Crean....none of the crap would have gone down...that lead to BMA getting "mad" at me...and taking his ball and going home.   It is more than 6 years later and Chicos still has to defend Tom Crean.  I stopped defending Buzz Williams last January...even though I had a ton of love for Buzz in his prior 5 years on the job.  I took a ton of sh$t for my love of Buzz early on...and ironically have taken a ton of sh$t from many of the same posters here he used to bash me for the Buzz love...this past season when I was highly critical of Buzz.
"I'm not sure Cadougan would fix the problems on this team. I'm not even convinced he would be better for this team than DeWil is."

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #40 on: July 14, 2014, 09:19:44 AM »
Sadly, if Chicos weren't so hell bent on tearing down Buzz his first 4 years on the job, all the while trying to take up for his mancrush on Tom Crean....none of the crap would have gone down...that lead to BMA getting "mad" at me...and taking his ball and going home. 

When my kids were little, the older one could sometimes beat up on the younger one as kids are wont to do.  When his excuse was "well he made me do it," it didn't really fly with me.

So stop blaming Chicos for your inability not to respond to him.

NersEllenson

• All American
« Reply #41 on: July 14, 2014, 09:40:29 AM »

When my kids were little, the older one could sometimes beat up on the younger one as kids are wont to do.  When his excuse was "well he made me do it," it didn't really fly with me.

So stop blaming Chicos for your inability not to respond to him.

LOL - Nice Monday morning softball Sultan.  Here's an idea:  Take your own advice.  You sure seem to have trouble not responding to things you disagree with.  Thanks in advance for your cooperation.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #42 on: July 14, 2014, 09:46:27 AM »
LOL - Nice Monday morning softball Sultan.  Here's an idea:  Take your own advice.  You sure seem to have trouble not responding to things you disagree with.  Thanks in advance for your cooperation.

Seriously, do you not understand that you admitted that your posts drove BMA away, but you blamed Chicos for making you post?

Take some personal responsibility. 

mu-rara

• All American
« Reply #43 on: July 14, 2014, 09:53:56 AM »
Ners on ignore due to total inability to let go of the Dawson / Wilson debate, after he has not made a new point since February.

BMA, a font of great info.

Can we trade?

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #44 on: July 14, 2014, 10:04:42 AM »
Can we PLEASE stop this complete nonsense about posters being "driven away"? If BAMA, Brew, Hoopaloop and others choose to no longer post here that's their choice. Nobody drove them away. They're grownups who got in their own vehicles, turned on the ignition and drove themselves away. Miss them or not, their absence is their choice. Want to bitch at somebody about it? Bitch at them. The whole "I didn't leave Scoop, Scoop left me" meme is a big whine we can all do without. If they want to return, they're welcome. If they don't, that's ok too.

hairy worthen

• All American
« Reply #45 on: July 14, 2014, 10:36:25 AM »
Can we PLEASE stop this complete nonsense about posters being "driven away"? If BAMA, Brew, Hoopaloop and others choose to no longer post here that's their choice. Nobody drove them away. They're grownups who got in their own vehicles, turned on the ignition and drove themselves away. Miss them or not, their absence is their choice. Want to bitch at somebody about it? Bitch at them. The whole "I didn't leave Scoop, Scoop left me" meme is a big whine we can all do without. If they want to return, they're welcome. If they don't, that's ok too.

Exactly!  Thank you.  Sick of hearing about it as well.

« Last Edit: July 14, 2014, 10:38:20 AM by hairyworthen »

ThatDude

• Starter
« Reply #46 on: July 14, 2014, 11:35:03 AM »
Henry Ellenson has been offered by Kentucky. With that said, hes not coming to Marquette

LAZER

• All American
« Reply #47 on: July 14, 2014, 11:40:21 AM »
Henry Ellenson has been offered by Kentucky. With that said, hes not coming to Marquette

FWIW a UK guy on 24/7 picked MU today for Ellenson. 

NersEllenson

• All American
« Reply #48 on: July 14, 2014, 11:45:22 AM »

Seriously, do you not understand that you admitted that your posts drove BMA away, but you blamed Chicos for making you post?

Take some personal responsibility. 

And just as my point was...you often post in response to things you disagree with...just as I did with Chicos for the first 4 years of Buzz's tenure...when he'd bash Buzz at every chance...to which BMA had an issue with my defense of Buzz.

So in the future, please refrain from posting anything where you disagree with what the quoted poster, posts, okay?  Nobody is making you post rebuttals.  Take some personal responsibility.

As for BMA, yes he brought good information here, but he turned out to be thin skinned baby - those usually don't last very long here.  He could have taken some personal responsibility and my posts certainly shouldn't have caused him to stop posting.  So its okay for BMA to blame me for him not posting, yet you take issue with me blaming Chicos for posting what I posted?  Uh okay.

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #49 on: July 14, 2014, 11:52:35 AM »
And just as my point was...you often post in response to things you disagree with...just as I did with Chicos for the first 4 years of Buzz's tenure...when he'd bash Buzz at every chance...to which BMA had an issue with my defense of Buzz.

So in the future, please refrain from posting anything where you disagree with what the quoted poster, posts, okay?  Nobody is making you post rebuttals.  Take some personal responsibility.

As for BMA, yes he brought good information here, but he turned out to be thin skinned baby - those usually don't last very long here.  He could have taken some personal responsibility and my posts certainly shouldn't have caused him to stop posting.  So its okay for BMA to blame me for him not posting, yet you take issue with me blaming Chicos for posting what I posted?  Uh okay.

I'm sorry, but can we get back on topic to more pressing issues here? LIKE HOW MARQUETTE MIGHT HAVE TOO MANY BIGS IN 2015!?!?!?
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

feedback