[Today at 02:33:33 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by MUbiz
[Today at 02:30:22 PM]

Best case scenarios by Hards Alumni
[Today at 01:41:30 PM]

2024-25 Outlook by Big Papi
[Today at 09:34:04 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Recruits in MKE this week  (Read 23845 times)

Freeport Warrior

• All American
Recruits in MKE this week
« on: July 09, 2014, 09:47:51 AM »
For any of you in the MKE area, there will be a few of our recruits/targets playing in the NY2LA tourney today through Sunday. I'm posting Heldt's MKE Spartan team info and Sam Hauser's WI Academy team, but it says Playgroung Elite Wilson's team is playing in this, but I don't know which guys (Ellingson, Noskowiak) will be playing on which days. I'm assuming Philip Flory will be playing as well. Also, Jaylen Key (Damon Key's son) plays for WI United, which is a solid 17U team.

Heldt’s Milwaukee Spartans are playing this week(end) at Homestead High School, starting tonight.
Tonight, Weds. 6:10pm, Court 3 vs. Quad CIty Elite
Thursday 3:00pm Court 5 vs. ECI Prospects
Thursday 8:50 pm Court 3 vs MN Comets

Sam Hauser's WI Academy team
Tonight, Weds. 9:40, Court 2 vs Illinois Irish
Thursday 7:40 pm, Court 2 vs MN Basketball Academy
Friday 12:40 Court 3 vs Ray Allen Select

We R Final Four

• All American
Re: Recruits in MKE this week
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2014, 12:44:30 PM »
Cody Schwartz – 2015 – F – Wisconsin Blizzard
 Schwartz appears primed for a big summer. Despite being 6-foot-8 and 195-pounds, Schwartz is one of the best shooters in the Midwest. Putting up big game after big game, Schwartz has plenty of tools offensively. The versatile forward has offers from Marquette, Nebraska, Creighton, and others. He’s expecting Gonzaga, Stanford, Wisconsin, and more to be in attendance.  - See more at: http://ny2lasports.com/article_one.aspx?articleid=2256#sthash.0xloJaC3.dpuf

I did not know that we offered CS--anyone know if this is recent or was he offered awhile back?

BCHoopster

• All American
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2014, 12:51:20 PM »
 Schwartz appears primed for a big summer. Despite being 6-foot-8 and 195-pounds, Schwartz is one of the best shooters in the Midwest. Putting up big game after big game, Schwartz has plenty of tools offensively. The versatile forward has offers from Marquette, Nebraska, Creighton, and others. He’s expecting Gonzaga, Stanford, Wisconsin, and more to be in attendance.  - See more at: http://ny2lasports.com/article_one.aspx?articleid=2256#sthash.0xloJaC3.dpuf

I did not know that we offered CS--anyone know if this is recent or was he offered awhile back?

I would think the offer is off the table as of right now, getting Ellenson, maybe both might put the end to it, hope he goes to Creighton.

Freeport Warrior

• All American
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2014, 01:27:37 PM »

I've watched him a few times, as recently as the last NY2LA, I'm not a buyer. He can shoot when open, but guard him and he doesn't create anything off the dribble. Not very quick, especially noticeable on D. I'm no scout, I just don't see it.

MuMark

• All American
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2014, 02:53:20 PM »
Ellenson and Nick are both at the Lebron Camp this weekend so they won't be playing in Milwaukee.

ps. they have been put on the same team..... :)

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2014, 03:15:38 PM »
I've watched him a few times, as recently as the last NY2LA, I'm not a buyer. He can shoot when open, but guard him and he doesn't create anything off the dribble. Not very quick, especially noticeable on D. I'm no scout, I just don't see it.
I watched CS play against Sandy 2x this past year on TV. Your assessment is spot on from what I saw in those games.

VegasWarrior77

• All American
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2014, 03:29:01 PM »
Ellenson and Nick are both at the Lebron Camp this weekend so they won't be playing in Milwaukee.

There is a media frenzy at the Wynn Hotel today.  Lebron and Pat Riley are supposedly meeting at 3pm local time after Lebron is done with his camp.  The meeting will include Riley and the salary cap guy from the Heat and Lebron and his agent.

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." Albert Einstein

brandx

« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2014, 03:32:03 PM »
There is a media frenzy at the Wynn Hotel today.  Lebron and Pat Riley are supposedly meeting at 3pm local time after Lebron is done with his camp.  The meeting will include Riley and the salary cap guy from the Heat and Lebron and his agent.

Wondering why they need the salary cap guy this time around. It will be a max deal whether in Miami or cleveland.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2014, 03:33:03 PM »

LeBron? Please. I'm sure the media is there to watch the Noskowiak-Ellenson duo!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

MuMark

• All American
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2014, 03:37:31 PM »
Wondering why they need the salary cap guy this time around. It will be a max deal whether in Miami or cleveland.

Because it may not be about Lebron's salary....they want to hear Riley's plan for adding talent and how the Heat will fit it under the cap....

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2014, 03:45:33 PM »
LeBron? Please. I'm sure the media is there to watch the Noskowiak-Ellenson duo!
Exactly--

Is Henry taking his talents to Bradford Beach?

Black Swan

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2014, 04:49:02 PM »

According to one of the UW boards, Sam Dekker is also at the LeBron camp in Vegas. One of the better recruiting posters said he hoped that Sam would talk to Henry...I don't have the heart to tell them that would be the last thing they should want. Perhaps the Final Four run has eased things a bit but the Dekker's would not be the people for a highly ranked prospect to talk to if the goal was to tell what a great experience it is playing at UW in Bo's system.

Freeport Warrior

• All American
« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2014, 05:06:54 PM »
According to one of the UW boards, Sam Dekker is also at the LeBron camp in Vegas. One of the better recruiting posters said he hoped that Sam would talk to Henry...I don't have the heart to tell them that would be the last thing they should want. Perhaps the Final Four run has eased things a bit but the Dekker's would not be the people for a highly ranked prospect to talk to if the goal was to tell what a great experience it is playing at UW in Bo's system.
From all I have heard, Dekker was pretty cocky when he arrived in Madison. Bo had to put him in his place, because while he is/was a skilled offensive player, he is/was pathetic on defense when he arrived -- as in not even caring about help D or being in position for it. He would get railed in practice for it and taken out in games in favor of Evans who was shooting like 30% from the line. I'm sure it was a tough transition, but I think Dekker will be much better for it and I had heard things are much better all around.

Black Swan

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2014, 05:47:58 PM »
From all I have heard, Dekker was pretty cocky when he arrived in Madison. Bo had to put him in his place, because while he is/was a skilled offensive player, he is/was pathetic on defense when he arrived -- as in not even caring about help D or being in position for it. He would get railed in practice for it and taken out in games in favor of Evans who was shooting like 30% from the line. I'm sure it was a tough transition, but I think Dekker will be much better for it and I had heard things are much better all around.

As I said, perhaps things have been better post Final Four. I have my doubts however. This will be Sam's last year at UW, whether he is ready or not for the league. He was as good as gone at the half way point last season. I will stand by my comment that Sam's experience would not be a selling point for a highly ranked recruit. As far as his being better for it...that is not what some NBA folks would say or have said...the phrase, "you have to get out of here" has been used. And used by an NBA guy that might surprise some people (think UW connections).

VegasWarrior77

• All American
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2014, 09:05:57 PM »
FWIW - Sheridan Sports is reporting Lebron is going back home to Cleveland:

http://www.sheridanhoops.com/2014/07/09/sheridans-top-25-free-agents-july-9-edition/
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." Albert Einstein

MuMark

• All American
« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2014, 10:17:30 PM »
NY2LA SPORTS LIVE ‏@NY2LASPORTSLIVE  2h 
 More
 Final Score 17U - MILWAUKEE SPARTANS 74 QUAD CITY ELITE 60. Matt Heldt 21pts, Tyler Hall 24pts. #NY2LANEXTLEVEL2K14 @ny2lasports

BCHoopster

• All American
« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2014, 10:21:27 PM »
What MU coach was there, and how did he look?

WellsstreetWanderer

• All American
« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2014, 10:51:07 PM »
Why do you care how the MU coach looked?

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2014, 11:30:19 PM »
I watched Heldt, Flory and Hauser. Heldt was the tallest person in his game, but I could not help thinking that he is significantly smaller than Chris Otule. He moved well and seemed to have good hands. He also seemed to pass very well. Of the three players I went there to see he impressed me the least. Part of this may be is that I had no idea who he was playing against. There were no rosters and I had to ask around to find out where each player was playing and I had no idea who they were playing against. I did not get to see a lot of Flory, because I missed a significant portion of the first half and his team was up so much that the subs were playing. However, I felt he looked very good especially when you consider he is a sophomore. Hauser based on seeing him in only one game can really shoot the ball and I now really want him to go to MU. The trouble is that he looked so much like a Bo Ryan player that I cannot see him not going to Wisconsin. The young man (boy), who told me which player Flory was, was there to watch his brother. Kaj Days (Racine) was the center on Flory's team. Nobel(Nevill?) Days said that everytime he came close to beating his brother on the court his brother would just start out muscling him. I do not think many 8th graders can beat their older brother, even if they are already 6'8 1/2". Anyways he was a very nice kid and being from Racine he is a Jamil Wilson fan.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2014, 11:39:20 PM by bilsu »

Freeport Warrior

• All American
« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2014, 07:23:35 AM »
There were no rosters and I had to ask around to find out where each player was playing and I had no idea who they were playing against.
This is the way NY2LA makes the big money. They sell a "roster" book to all of the coaches for $200 to each coach -- there were somewhere like 500 coaches for this week and even more for their tourney next week. Plus, each team pays $600 entry fee. Dude is making money.

The young man (boy), who told me which player Flory was, was there to watch his brother. Kaj Days (Racine) was the center on Flory's team. Nobel(Nevill?) Days said that everytime he came close to beating his brother on the court his brother would just start out muscling him. I do not think many 8th graders can beat their older brother, even if they are already 6'8 1/2". Anyways he was a very nice kid and being from Racine he is a Jamil Wilson fan.
It's Nobel Days. Family is great. I've seen him play since 3rd grade. His 7th grade team, Butler Elite (sponsored by Caron Butler) is one one of the best in the Midwest. Nobel is rated in the top 10 for his class and will be the next Diamond Stone. He is a smart player who has a Mutombo mind-set -- he is the ultimate rim protector and gets every rebound. Offensively, he is a work in progress, but unlike a ton of kids his age, you can tell he gets it. He doesn't force anything and lets the game come to him. It starts with his dad, who is just a gracious, complementary guy who is always positive -- and let me tell you, you don't see a lot of this in the AAU scene. Good to hear. Thanks for the update.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQRdb1BORSc

WarriorInNYC

• All American
« Reply #21 on: July 10, 2014, 07:33:44 AM »

mileskishnish72

• All American
« Reply #22 on: July 10, 2014, 07:52:51 AM »
Freeport, I want the kid at MU just because of your description!

Freeport Warrior

• All American
« Reply #23 on: July 10, 2014, 08:27:10 AM »
Freeport, I want the kid at MU just because of your description!
I remember vividly walking into the gym for my son's first AAU game at Nicolet in 4th grade. I sat next to Nobel's dad and he talked to me the entire game and our sons were playing each other. Nobel was huge and playing "up." He was real wiry and gangly, but so much taller than the other kids. We played him again this year and lost by 4, and Nobel only had 4 points. But he dominated the game with his defense and rebounding. I've never seen him force a shot. Cool to see these kids grow. He is going to be a player.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #24 on: July 10, 2014, 09:46:06 AM »
What MU coach was there, and how did he look?
And did he do the Texas Two Step on the BB floor?
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.