[March 27, 2024, 10:24:36 PM]

UNLEASH THE POWER OF SCOOP!!! by TallTitan34
[March 27, 2024, 10:20:50 PM]

Best MU team since 1977 by Galway Eagle
[March 27, 2024, 09:47:04 PM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by Hallmarq
[March 27, 2024, 09:09:04 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Henry the 8th?  (Read 28084 times)

OnWisconsin

• Starter
Re: Henry the 8th?
« Reply #50 on: July 03, 2014, 04:31:26 PM »
I wanted to make sure you knew I was talking to you.  So to make it easier to engage in the discussion, here was the quote from swenson \ redforeman: "Koenig was recruited at an elite level and the others were not. Koenig had offers from UNC, Duke, KU".   Sounds like that makes Henry an elite level recruit.

Don't cite a random message board idiot. Everyone wants to land Henry.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #51 on: July 03, 2014, 04:43:44 PM »
You have a selective memory and an agenda, it would seem. Neither makes for very compelling conversation.

Bias, sure.  Selective memory...hardly.

A few memory joggers for you

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=193&f=2565&t=12646247&p=1

http://buckyville.yuku.com/topic/70368/Actual-Badgernation-Quotes-from-the-Past-Weeks?page=1#.U7XjbLFvmIo

« Last Edit: July 03, 2014, 06:13:23 PM by ChicosBailBonds »

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #52 on: July 03, 2014, 04:45:02 PM »
Don't cite a random message board idiot. Everyone wants to land Henry.

I think you mean idiots.

Nukem2

• All American
« Reply #53 on: July 03, 2014, 04:50:06 PM »
I thought Hughes was a NY City kid who boarded at St. John's Military Academy near West Bend, neither very Milwaukee.  Was Gasser any more Milwaukee than Tokoto?  (I actually don't know, but I thought they were both from outer Milwaukee suburbs.)

Most of us around here like to include Wauwatosa in the Milwaukee area which would give Bo another Milwaukee guy with Harris.
Gasser is from Port Washington to the north of Milwaukee.  Not really a suburb.  More like a nearby town ala Racine.  Port is kind of in it's own small town niche.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #54 on: July 03, 2014, 05:05:41 PM »
Thanks for stopping by BK....

I think the problem that many of us have with your Badger baord mates is the way they react whenever MU gets a recruit from the state. Doesn't matter if UW wanted him or not.....they rip on the kid and at times even his parents. We have seen it over and over again...most recently with Noskowiak and Heldt but before that with Duane Wilson, Wes, Vander etc etc.

When Gasser decided to go to UW I don't recall the same reaction on any of our boards(even though MU didn't offer him)...ditto for Keaton or Decker.

Illinois offered Nick when Buzz left......after he recommitted to MU Swenson couldn't stop himself from making his way over to the Illini board to tell them they didn't miss anything....."He wasn't good enough for the Big 10...if he was Bo would have offered" yada yada yada..as if Bo never gets it wrong........Everybody gets it wrong from time to time......JP and Evan Anderson are just 2 examples.

You seem like a reasonable guy....glad to have you contributing here.

Take swenson \ redforeman for what he is.  This is a guy that predicted we would not even make the Big East tournament when we joined (back then only top 12 schools made it).  There have been some gems from him over the years about MU.  Believed Diener wasn't Big Ten worthy, pooh poohed Novak until later when he saw the light.  He's a hack, nothing more.  Still thinks the Big Ten Network is owned by the Big Ten, despite losing majority control a number of years ago.  I actually get delight in reading some of this stuff, because I know the chances are high the opposite is going to happen.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #55 on: July 03, 2014, 07:18:35 PM »
I thought Hughes was a NY City kid who boarded at St. John's Military Academy near West Bend, neither very Milwaukee.  Was Gasser any more Milwaukee than Tokoto?  (I actually don't know, but I thought they were both from outer Milwaukee suburbs.)

Most of us around here like to include Wauwatosa in the Milwaukee area which would give Bo another Milwaukee guy with Harris.
SJMA is in Delafield bout 40 miles directly west on Milwaukee--far from West Bend.

BKBucky

« Reply #56 on: July 03, 2014, 11:46:32 PM »

Bias, sure.  Selective memory...hardly.

A few memory joggers for you

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=193&f=2565&t=12646247&p=1

http://buckyville.yuku.com/topic/70368/Actual-Badgernation-Quotes-from-the-Past-Weeks?page=1#.U7XjbLFvmIo

To keep everything straight, you selected a single "chicken little" thread and another that quoted the same thread to ridicule it for it's absurdity.

I'd say that is the definition of a selective memory.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #57 on: July 04, 2014, 06:30:14 AM »
I swear, Chicos, some days it seems that you're trying to meet a quota for number of posts.

DoggyDaddy

• Team Captain
  • We're Warriors son, not Beagles.
« Reply #58 on: July 04, 2014, 07:32:50 AM »
Some complain that this thread is digression from MU hoops.
I differ for here is how it is related:
Herman, aka as Peter Noone, sings this silly tune, a reminder of the 1977 NCAA Champ's, Bernard (Looney) Toone!
Later, the pic of actor Lee J. Cobb (from Twelve Angry Men) reminds us of Ric "the Elevator Man" Cobb of the 1970 NIT Champs.     

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #59 on: July 04, 2014, 08:02:54 AM »
Some complain that this thread is digression from MU hoops.
I differ for here is how it is related:
Herman, aka as Peter Noone, sings this silly tune, a reminder of the 1977 NCAA Champ's, Bernard (Looney) Toone!
Later, the pic of actor Lee J. Cobb (from Twelve Angry Men) reminds us of Ric "the Elevator Man" Cobb of the 1970 NIT Champs.     
Somehow, I do not see the Lee J. Cobb connection, other than the last name. He was great in in Twelve Angry Men, even greater in On the Waterfront as "Johnny Friendly"-what a bad ass. How about him in the Exorcist? A good connection: Lee J. Cobb=The Exorcist=The Excorcism of Buzz Williams.

Cobb was a great actor.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

VegasWarrior77

• All American
« Reply #60 on: July 04, 2014, 08:47:43 AM »
Later, the pic of actor Lee J. Cobb (from Twelve Angry Men)

That's the name of my Vegas fantasy football league!
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." Albert Einstein

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #61 on: July 04, 2014, 05:53:29 PM »
To keep everything straight, you selected a single "chicken little" thread and another that quoted the same thread to ridicule it for it's absurdity.

I'd say that is the definition of a selective memory.

Actually I selected SEVERAL threads from TWO different message boards.  We define that here as multiple, not single.   ;)

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #62 on: July 04, 2014, 05:54:17 PM »
I swear, Chicos, some days it seems that you're trying to meet a quota for number of posts.

Volume discount

EDIT  I have a pretty major change of life moment coming up in 10 days anyway, so I suspect you will see a drastic reduction of posts.    :D
« Last Edit: July 05, 2014, 09:55:57 AM by ChicosBailBonds »

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #63 on: July 04, 2014, 09:08:08 PM »
Yes. We are simply gnashing our teeth over it.

Marquette has 7 kids from Wisconsin on their roster, zero held a UW offer.
Wisconsin has 4 kids from Wisconsin (including Pritzl), three held Marquette offers.

Good luck with Henry. I'm still holding out hope, but would rather see him in Milwaukee than at another Big Ten school.

So what it seems like you're saying is MU used to offer more generally elite level athletes as opposed to Bo being selective about the players.  Really when you get top 100 in state kids that's about all you can take away from it. 
Maigh Eo for Sam

moomoo

• Team Captain
« Reply #64 on: July 28, 2014, 08:31:44 AM »
RT @: Henry Ellenson tells @ that Marquette, Michigan St., Wisconsin & Kentucky are recruiting him hardest
Silenzio. Parla il moomoo.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #65 on: July 28, 2014, 08:41:46 AM »
Yes. We are simply gnashing our teeth over it.

Marquette has 7 kids from Wisconsin on their roster, zero held a UW offer.

Marquette has 5 kids from Wisconsin.

Cohen didn't have an offer.

Wally didn't have an offer.

Duane didn't have an offer because they focused on Koenig.

Deonte didn't have an offer because he committed to MU early.  If he wanted to be at UW, the feeling would have been mutual.

Fischer didn't have an offer initially from UW or MU.  When he announced his intent to transfer, UW couldn't offer him because they didn't have the roster space AND B10 rules make it harder to transfer within the conference.  I think that if Fischer were transferring from somewhere other than Indiana, UW would have indeed been interested.

UW has three Wisconsin scholarship players on their roster:

Gasser did not have an offer.

I am not sure Koenig had an MU offer since Duane committed first.  MU would have no doubt been interested had Duane went elsewhere.

Dekker was like Deonte Burton in reverse.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #66 on: July 28, 2014, 08:49:22 AM »

Deonte didn't have an offer because he committed to MU early.  If he wanted to be at UW, the feeling would have been mutual.

Fischer didn't have an offer initially from UW or MU.  When he announced his intent to transfer, UW couldn't offer him because they didn't have the roster space AND B10 rules make it harder to transfer within the conference.  I think that if Fischer were transferring from somewhere other than Indiana, UW would have indeed been interested.

I am not sure Koenig had an MU offer since Duane committed first.  MU would have no doubt been interested had Duane went elsewhere.

Roasted that Rodent fan.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #67 on: July 28, 2014, 09:13:24 AM »

EDIT  I have a pretty major change of life moment coming up in 10 days anyway, so I suspect you will see a drastic reduction of posts.    :D

LOL. How's that "drastic reduction" working for you so far?

MuMark

• All American
« Reply #68 on: July 28, 2014, 10:24:51 AM »

Deonte didn't have an offer because he committed to MU early.  If he wanted to be at UW, the feeling would have been mutual.

Fischer didn't have an offer initially from UW or MU.  When he announced his intent to transfer, UW couldn't offer him because they didn't have the roster space AND B10 rules make it harder to transfer within the conference.  I think that if Fischer were transferring from somewhere other than Indiana, UW would have indeed been interested.

I am not sure Koenig had an MU offer since Duane committed first.  MU would have no doubt been interested had Duane went elsewhere.

[/quote
Both Fischer and Koenig had offers from MU when in high school. UW started “sniffing around” Fischer after his verbal to IU but he wasn’t interested.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #69 on: July 28, 2014, 10:30:41 AM »
OK thanks for the clarifications regarding Koenig and Fischer.  I couldn't remember how serious MU was.

LAZER

• All American
« Reply #70 on: July 28, 2014, 11:24:22 AM »
RT @: Henry Ellenson tells @ that Marquette, Michigan St., Wisconsin & Kentucky are recruiting him hardest

Seems Kentucky has replaced Duke.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #71 on: July 28, 2014, 11:28:29 AM »
Seems Kentucky has replaced Duke.

Coach K pulled his offer out of respect for Wojo.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #72 on: July 28, 2014, 11:31:04 AM »
Coach K pulled his offer out of respect for Wojo.

Do you know that?

Tums Festival

• All American
« Reply #73 on: July 28, 2014, 11:49:46 AM »
Mark Miller ‏@WisBBYearbook  Jul 26
Henry Ellenson and Diamond Stone made the finalists list for the 17U USA Team ... http://www.usab.com/news-events/news/2014/07/2014-usa-mens-u17-world-championship-team-finalists-announced.aspx

Finalists were selected by the USA Basketball Men’s Developmental National Team Committee, chaired by USA Basketball Men’s National Team Director Sean Ford, and the official 2014 USA U17 World Championship Team will be named prior to Aug. 1.

In addition to Newman, finalists for the 2014 USA U17 World Championship Team include: Tyus Battle (Gill St. Bernard’s School/ Edison, N.J.); Thomas Bryant (Huntington Prep, W.Va./Rochester, N.Y.); Henry Ellenson (Rice Lake H.S./Rice Lake, Wis.); Terrence Ferguson (Prime Prep Academy/Flower Mound, Texas); De’Aaron Fox (Cypress Lakes H.S./Katy, Texas); Harry Giles (Wesleyan Christian Academy/Winston-Salem, N.C.); Mustapha Heron (Sacred Heart H.S./West Haven, Conn.); Josh Jackson (Consortium College Prep H.S./ Southfield, Mich.); V.J. King (St. Vincent-St. Mary H.S./Akron, Ohio); T.J. Leaf (Foothills Christian H.S./Lakeside, Calif.); Ivan Rabb (Bishop O’Dowd H.S./ Oakland, Calif.); Devearl Ramsey (Sierra Canyon H.S./Los Angeles, Calif.); Diamond Stone (Dominican H.S./Milwaukee, Wis.); Caleb Swanigan (Homestead H.S./Fort Wayne, Ind.); Jayson Tatum (Chaminade College Prep/St. Louis, Mo.); and Derryck Thornton (Findlay Prep, Nev./Simi Valley, Calif.).

Congratulations to Henry Ellenson and Diamond Stone!
« Last Edit: July 28, 2014, 11:52:16 AM by Heavy Gear »
"Every day ends with a Tums festival!"

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #74 on: July 28, 2014, 07:23:45 PM »
LOL. How's that "drastic reduction" working for you so far?

Delayed by a week or so, but on a plane as we speak and will kick in very soon.