[Today at 08:17:02 PM]

2024 Mock Drafts by bilsu
[Today at 07:37:34 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Herman Cain
[Today at 05:04:53 PM]

NIL Future by MU82
[Today at 03:21:43 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Henry the 8th?  (Read 28202 times)

moomoo

• Team Captain
Henry the 8th?
« on: July 03, 2014, 07:59:59 AM »
Next year, we will have seven warriors from Wisconsin wearing the Marquette jersey...........

1) Duane Wilson
2) Deonte Burton
3) Luke Fischer
4) Sandy Cohen
5) Wally Ellenson
6) Nick Noskowiak
7) Matt Heldt

Henry (Ellenson) the 8th has a nice ring to it.

Silenzio. Parla il moomoo.

jsglow

• All American
Re: Henry the 8th?
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2014, 08:05:19 AM »
What I personally find interesting is that HS basketball in Wisconsin is THAT good these days.  Let's not forget that Bucky has its share of outstanding in-state kids too.  I don't think I ever remember such a talented group, especially when one adds 2-3 Top 10 guys that left (or might leave) the state.

Warrior of Law

• All American
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2014, 08:20:58 AM »
This must drive UW-Mad fans nuts, as they believe every WI kid worth anything should be at UW-Mad.  And, obviously, if the WI kids don't go to UW-Mad, then Bo knew instinctively they were (insert characteristic here) and unworthy of greater consideration.  This is an impressive number, maybe even the highest number in MU history.  Kudos to WI HS basketball and MU!
"You can only protect your liberties in this world by protecting the other man's freedom. You can only be free if I am free."  Clarence Darrow

avid1010

• All American
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2014, 08:23:13 AM »
if henry is the 8th...that group looks very impressive...on paper.  will be fun to see them get after it.

Avenue Commons

• All American
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2014, 08:29:25 AM »
What I personally find interesting is that HS basketball in Wisconsin is THAT good these days.  Let's not forget that Bucky has its share of outstanding in-state kids too.  I don't think I ever remember such a talented group, especially when one adds 2-3 Top 10 guys that left (or might leave) the state.

Aren't Bucky's key players from Illinois?

No state even remotely competes with Illinois. Simeon High School alone has produced two top two picks in the past decade.
We Are Marquette

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2014, 09:03:01 AM »

No state even remotely competes with Illinois. Simeon High School alone has produced two top two picks in the past decade.

Depends on how you look at it.  Per capita Indiana produces the most top 100 talent.  However, the Chicago DMA produces the most and most elite talent over all.
Maigh Eo for Sam

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2014, 09:04:04 AM »

DeKalb and the Chicago Public League are two worlds apart.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2014, 09:15:09 AM »

Kaminsky is.  So is Dukan if you consider him key.

Hayes and Jackson are from Ohio.

Koenig, Gasser and Dekker are from Wisconsin.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2014, 10:22:31 AM »
I remember growing up my mom and dad had a record player with a Herman's Hermits LP and the song titled Henry the 8th.  I'm sure some of the more experienced members here may be able to recall the catchy tune.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2014, 10:29:19 AM »
3rd verse.....same as the 1st.

denverMU

• All American
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2014, 10:30:06 AM »
You mean these lyrics....

I'm Henry the 8th I am,
Henry the 8th I am, I am,
I got married to the widow next door,
She's been married 7 times before,
And every one was a Henry (Henry),
She wouldn't have a Willy or a Sam (no Sam)
I'm her 8th old man I Henry,
Henry the 8th I am

Second verse same as the first
I'm Henry the 8th I am,
Henry the 8th I am
(shouts)

(guitar solo)

I'm Henry the 8th I am,
Henry the 8th I am

H-E-N-R-Y
Henry (Henry) Henry (Henry)
Henry the 8th I am.

MuMark

• All American
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2014, 10:31:55 AM »
“I got married to the widow next door….she’d been married 7 times before………and every one was a Henry….couldn’t be a Willie or a Sam….”

Don’t make them like that anymore…….. ;D

Lighthouse 84

• All American
« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2014, 10:40:43 AM »
“I got married to the widow next door….she’d been married 7 times before………and every one was a Henry….couldn’t be a Willie or a Sam….”

Don’t make them like that anymore…….. ;D

I actually heard that yesterday on WONC, a small Naperville-Chicago station.  Coincidence?  I think not!
HILLTOP SENIOR SURVEY from 1984 Yearbook: 
Favorite Drinking Establishment:

1. The Avalanche.              7. Major Goolsby's.
2. The Gym.                      8. Park Avenue.
3. The Ardmore.                 9. Mugrack.
4. O'Donohues.                 10. Lighthouse.
5. O'Pagets.
6. Hagerty's.

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2014, 11:05:07 AM »
I remember growing up my mom and dad had a record player with a Herman's Hermits LP and the song titled Henry the 8th.  I'm sure some of the more experienced members here may be able to recall the catchy tune.

Not an original tune for Herman's Hermits.  It was actually an old English music hall song they decided to share with the world.  It was written by Fred Murray and R. P. Weston.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2014, 11:42:10 AM »
Way to go, uncle Fred.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2014, 11:45:53 AM »
Not an original tune for Herman's Hermits.  It was actually an old English music hall song they decided to share with the world.  It was written by Fred Murray and R. P. Weston.

Thanks.  I just remember as a kid hearing the record, wasn't sure who the source of it was.

The human bobble head

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/c4OS17lqHiE" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/c4OS17lqHiE</a>

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/znv_sUPaKfE&amp;feature=kp" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/znv_sUPaKfE&amp;feature=kp</a>

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2014, 12:44:23 PM »
Herman's Hermits rode the wave of the British Invasion led by the Beatles and Stones. Some of those groups were really good (Kinks, Animals, etc.), some were really bad. Mr. Noone and his mates fall into the latter - English bubble gum. Sold a lot of records, though.

MU gimp ONE

• Team Captain
« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2014, 12:51:40 PM »
good work guys.  one more thread that started about MU Basketball, lasted about half a page, and turned into stupid ramblings about whatever tangent could be drawn from the original post.  

I'll be the old man and say that it didn't used to be this bad.  years ago, MUScoop could at least get a page or two out of topic before someone hijacked it.  now it's a dream to see 25% of the posts actually be about the MU.  

Blast me if you want.  say that i shouldn't read if i don't like what i see.  but frankly i come back to see info on MU not about herman's hermits.  This board is becoming crap.  I hope players/coaches/recruits/opponents don't visit this site so they don't think these message board conversations are indicative of what our fanbase consists of.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2014, 01:19:18 PM by MU gimp ONE »
"You know, most people would kill... to be treated like a god, just for a few moments." - Coach Norman Dale

Tums Festival

• All American
« Reply #18 on: July 03, 2014, 12:52:19 PM »
It was one of Al Bundy's favorite songs...

"Every day ends with a Tums festival!"

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #19 on: July 03, 2014, 12:56:54 PM »
good work guys.  one more thread that started about MU Basketball, lasted about half a page, and turned into stupid ramblings about whatever tangent could be drawn from the original post.  

I be the old man and say that it didn't used to be this bad.  years ago, MUScoop could at least get a page or two out of topic before someone hijacked it.  now it's a dream to see 25% of the posts actually be about the MU topic.  

Blast me if you want.  say that i shouldn't read if i don't like what i see.  but frankly i come back to see info on MU not about herman's hermits.  This board is becoming crap.  I hope players/coaches/recruits/opponents don't read this board so they don't think these message board conversations are indicative of what our fanbase consists of.

Death on call

mug644

• All American
« Reply #20 on: July 03, 2014, 01:27:10 PM »
3rd verse.....same as the 1st.

Gordon Gano and his bandmates are from WI.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #21 on: July 03, 2014, 01:55:20 PM »

http://deadspin.com/infographics-where-do-high-school-basketball-stars-com-5984694

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #22 on: July 03, 2014, 02:00:16 PM »
Are the Ellenson MOT?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #23 on: July 03, 2014, 02:09:09 PM »
i'm hoping he at least scratched north carolina off his list due to academic issues unless he plans on majoring in african american studies...by the way, is there a fill-in-the-blank heritage american studies program?  just wondering ;D 
don't...don't don't don't don't

BKBucky

« Reply #24 on: July 03, 2014, 02:20:26 PM »
This must drive UW-Mad fans nuts, as they believe every WI kid worth anything should be at UW-Mad.  And, obviously, if the WI kids don't go to UW-Mad, then Bo knew instinctively they were (insert characteristic here) and unworthy of greater consideration.  This is an impressive number, maybe even the highest number in MU history.  Kudos to WI HS basketball and MU!
Yes. We are simply gnashing our teeth over it.

Marquette has 7 kids from Wisconsin on their roster, zero held a UW offer.
Wisconsin has 4 kids from Wisconsin (including Pritzl), three held Marquette offers.

Good luck with Henry. I'm still holding out hope, but would rather see him in Milwaukee than at another Big Ten school.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #25 on: July 03, 2014, 02:23:10 PM »

Wisconsin has 4 kids from Wisconsin (including Pritzl), three held Marquette offers.

Good luck with Henry. I'm still holding out hope, but would rather see him in Milwaukee than at another Big Ten school.

It's going to be challenging to use historical numbers to predict future recruiting battles. Wojo seems to be going after different players than Buzzard was.

Agreed on keeping elite WI talent in-state. I want to watch these kids flourish (and the state of BBall in WI with it)!

BKBucky

« Reply #26 on: July 03, 2014, 02:27:24 PM »
It's going to be challenging to use historical numbers to predict future recruiting battles. Wojo seems to be going after different players than Buzzard was.

Agreed on keeping elite WI talent in-state. I want to watch these kids flourish (and the state of BBall in WI with it)!
Totally agree. It already seems the Wojo is more interested in Bo's type of players than the previous MU regimes. Not sure that's going to help either school, but it will certainly make for some interesting recruiting classes.

Dawson Rental

• All American
« Reply #27 on: July 03, 2014, 02:31:10 PM »

I'll be the old man and say that it didn't used to be this bad.  years ago, MUScoop could at least get a page or two out of topic before someone hijacked it.  now it's a dream to see 25% of the posts actually be about the MU.  

Blast me if you want.  say that i shouldn't read if i don't like what i see.  but frankly i come back to see info on MU not about herman's hermits.  This board is becoming crap.  I hope players/coaches/recruits/opponents don't visit this site so they don't think these message board conversations are indicative of what our fanbase consists of.

It's easy to criticize.  Why don't you contribute some on topic posts to show us the way?

No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #28 on: July 03, 2014, 02:38:57 PM »

Awesome reference. Great movie.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #29 on: July 03, 2014, 02:43:45 PM »

If MU gets Henry, will Swenson still be in his bunker saying MU has never landed a national recruit that considered Duke or some other major program.  LOL.  Make sure you guys get your obligatory attacks in on the parents of the player as that is par for the course the last 10 years.

Gnashing of teeth might be about right, so many posts again about non-rival Marquette on Vadger boards.  Always interesting, no other non-rival ever has so much dedication and love.    

At any rate, you came here nicely and hope you stay. 

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #30 on: July 03, 2014, 02:47:28 PM »
Totally agree. It already seems the Wojo is more interested in Bo's type of players than the previous MU regimes. Not sure that's going to help either school, but it will certainly make for some interesting recruiting classes.

The inverse is true as well.  Bo seemed to be allergic to Milwaukee for the most part and many Madison kids seemed to be allergic to Bo, opting to come to Marquette or go out of state over the years.  Do you have any guesses why? 

Tums Festival

• All American
« Reply #31 on: July 03, 2014, 02:49:16 PM »
Here's a good article that shows where players come from and where they play in college. Minnesota is a surprise in the latter category.

http://deadspin.com/infographics-where-do-high-school-basketball-stars-com-5984694

BKBucky

« Reply #32 on: July 03, 2014, 02:50:45 PM »
If MU gets Henry, will Swenson still be in his bunker saying MU has never landed a national recruit that considered Duke or some other major program.  LOL.  Make sure you guys get your obligatory attacks in on the parents of the player as that is par for the course the last 10 years.

Gnashing of teeth might be about right, so many posts again about non-rival Marquette on Vadger boards.  Always interesting, no other non-rival ever has so much dedication and love.    

At any rate, you came here nicely and hope you stay. 
Usually, when quoting a post, you actually address what was written. That was like you blacked out and spouted out a bunch of Badger-related drivel. Stick to the talking points. It is much easier than engaging in discussion. Keep up the good work.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #33 on: July 03, 2014, 03:00:02 PM »
Usually, when quoting a post, you actually address what was written. That was like you blacked out and spouted out a bunch of Badger-related drivel. Stick to the talking points. It is much easier than engaging in discussion. Keep up the good work.

I wanted to make sure you knew I was talking to you.  So to make it easier to engage in the discussion, here was the quote from swenson \ redforeman: "Koenig was recruited at an elite level and the others were not. Koenig had offers from UNC, Duke, KU".   Sounds like that makes Henry an elite level recruit.

BKBucky

« Reply #34 on: July 03, 2014, 03:01:25 PM »
The inverse is true as well.  Bo seemed to be allergic to Milwaukee for the most part and many Madison kids seemed to be allergic to Bo, opting to come to Marquette or go out of state over the years.  Do you have any guesses why? 
Not sure about the Milwaukee kids. Are there any you're thinking of, in particular? I don't feel like UW has "missed" on anyone looking back over the years. Tokoto wasn't really a Milwaukee kid. Gasser, Hughes, Landry are all from the Milwaukee area.

It's pretty obvious in hindsight that Blue and Maymon wouldn't have clicked with Bo. Nankivil and Flowers both had very nice careers at UW. Anyone else you're thinking of, in particular?

BKBucky

« Reply #35 on: July 03, 2014, 03:04:49 PM »
I wanted to make sure you knew I was talking to you.  So to make it easier to engage in the discussion, here was the quote from swenson \ redforeman: "Koenig was recruited at an elite level and the others were not. Koenig had offers from UNC, Duke, KU".   Sounds like that makes Henry an elite level recruit.
Not exactly sure why you were talking to me about something swenson said here about Bronson Koenig. Haven't seen anyone claiming that Henry isn't an elite recruit though. Also haven't seen him announce that he's going to Marquette just yet.

Dawson Rental

• All American
« Reply #36 on: July 03, 2014, 03:13:24 PM »
Not sure about the Milwaukee kids. Are there any you're thinking of, in particular? I don't feel like UW has "missed" on anyone looking back over the years. Tokoto wasn't really a Milwaukee kid. Gasser, Hughes, Landry are all from the Milwaukee area.

It's pretty obvious in hindsight that Blue and Maymon wouldn't have clicked with Bo. Nankivil and Flowers both had very nice careers at UW. Anyone else you're thinking of, in particular?

I thought Hughes was a NY City kid who boarded at St. John's Military Academy near West Bend, neither very Milwaukee.  Was Gasser any more Milwaukee than Tokoto?  (I actually don't know, but I thought they were both from outer Milwaukee suburbs.)

Most of us around here like to include Wauwatosa in the Milwaukee area which would give Bo another Milwaukee guy with Harris.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2014, 03:15:40 PM by LittleMurs »

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #37 on: July 03, 2014, 03:20:13 PM »
Most of us around here like to include Wauwatosa in the Milwaukee area which would give Bo another Milwaukee guy with Harris.

Who was recruited by Soderberg.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #38 on: July 03, 2014, 03:26:01 PM »

Wes Matthews.  Vander you mentioned, certainly enough that UW made an offer to him.  I know some of this is prior to Bo, but with Gaines, Maymon, Blue, Matthews, etc not staying in town.  I have heard reasons why, just curious what you think.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #39 on: July 03, 2014, 03:26:39 PM »
I thought Hughes was a NY City kid who boarded at St. John's Military Academy near West Bend, neither very Milwaukee.  Was Gasser any more Milwaukee than Tokoto?  (I actually don't know, but I thought they were both from outer Milwaukee suburbs.)

Bo didn't recruit Harris, he inherited him.  You are correct on Hughes.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #40 on: July 03, 2014, 03:27:01 PM »
Bkbucky, thanks for stopping buy and engaging in rational discussion.   A genuine pleasure.  
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #41 on: July 03, 2014, 03:31:50 PM »
Not exactly sure why you were talking to me about something swenson said here about Bronson Koenig. Haven't seen anyone claiming that Henry isn't an elite recruit though. Also haven't seen him announce that he's going to Marquette just yet.

I'm trying to understand the psyche a bit, I realize much of it is provincial in the thinking along with the bias that goes along with every sports fan, regardless of whom they cheer for.

Glad that we agree he is an elite recruit.  No idea where he will attend school.  Honestly, after reading the latest comments from UW fans that we are mid-major, play in a mid-major conference, are free falling to earth as a program, have a terrible tv deal (that's still my favorite), and an academic rating only in the top 75 (apparently our students can barely read and write), I'm just flabbergasted that Henry is considering us.  Maybe it's all a head fake and just trying to give one of the in state schools some love.   ;)

BKBucky

« Reply #42 on: July 03, 2014, 03:40:57 PM »
Wes Matthews.  Vander you mentioned, certainly enough that UW made an offer to him.  I know some of this is prior to Bo, but with Gaines, Maymon, Blue, Matthews, etc not staying in town.  I have heard reasons why, just curious what you think.
Gaines was 15 years ago and didn't want to play for Dick Bennett. That's easy.

Bo's offered four Madison kids so far during his time at UW. Two came to Wisconsin. Two went to Marquette. Matthews had well documented issues with his father who played at Wisconsin and didn't necessarily feel any ties to the university. Vander didn't appreciate rumors about his academics getting published and listened to people who told him his best career path was in Milwaukee. It's a really small sample size and both seem to be unique situations.

I don't know if you have something you want to say. This is a Marquette board. I assure you that you are in a safe place to say it.

MuMark

• All American
« Reply #43 on: July 03, 2014, 03:43:32 PM »
Thanks for stopping by BK....

I think the problem that many of us have with your Badger baord mates is the way they react whenever MU gets a recruit from the state. Doesn't matter if UW wanted him or not.....they rip on the kid and at times even his parents. We have seen it over and over again...most recently with Noskowiak and Heldt but before that with Duane Wilson, Wes, Vander etc etc.

When Gasser decided to go to UW I don't recall the same reaction on any of our boards(even though MU didn't offer him)...ditto for Keaton or Decker.

Illinois offered Nick when Buzz left......after he recommitted to MU Swenson couldn't stop himself from making his way over to the Illini board to tell them they didn't miss anything....."He wasn't good enough for the Big 10...if he was Bo would have offered" yada yada yada..as if Bo never gets it wrong........Everybody gets it wrong from time to time......JP and Evan Anderson are just 2 examples.

You seem like a reasonable guy....glad to have you contributing here.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #44 on: July 03, 2014, 03:47:58 PM »
BkBucky, most here respect Bo as a coach and the UW as a program.   A fair percentage of the Badger hatred comes as reflex against some of the more prolific UW message board posters who feel the necessity to invent lies out of the air to trash MU.   

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #45 on: July 03, 2014, 03:49:15 PM »
BkBucky, most here respect Bo as a coach and the UW as a program.   A fair percentage of the Badger hatred comes as reflex against some of the more prolific UW message board posters who feel the necessity to invent lies out of the air   their ass to trash MU.  

Death on call

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #46 on: July 03, 2014, 03:57:23 PM »
Gaines was 15 years ago and didn't want to play for Dick Bennett. That's easy.

Bo's offered four Madison kids so far during his time at UW. Two came to Wisconsin. Two went to Marquette. Matthews had well documented issues with his father who played at Wisconsin and didn't necessarily feel any ties to the university. Vander didn't appreciate rumors about his academics getting published and listened to people who told him his best career path was in Milwaukee. It's a really small sample size and both seem to be unique situations.

I don't know if you have something you want to say. This is a Marquette board. I assure you that you are in a safe place to say it.

Perhaps another day.

Again, thanks for stopping by.  I've been accused here often of being a Bo lover, which isn't true at all, but I do respect his accomplishments as a coach.  When Badger fans were off the rails in January and calling for his head, some of us knew it was a blip.  Too good of talent and coach not to bounce back, which you guys did.  And again, I'm thrilled that little, tiny, mid major us can be considered in the running for an elite recruit. 

Happy 4th

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
  • Ammo, clean shaven Ammo.
« Reply #47 on: July 03, 2014, 04:00:57 PM »

I think the problem that many of us have with your Badger baord mates is the way they the way a select few of them react whenever MU gets a recruit from the state. Doesn't matter if UW wanted him or not.....they rip on the kid and at times even his parents. We have seen it over and over again...most recently with Noskowiak and Heldt but before that with Duane Wilson, Wes, Vander etc etc.

When Gasser decided to go to UW I don't recall the same reaction on any of our boards(even though MU didn't offer him)...ditto for Keaton or Decker.

Illinois offered Nick when Buzz left......after he recommitted to MU Swenson couldn't stop himself from making his way over to the Illini board to tell them they didn't miss anything....."He wasn't good enough for the Big 10...if he was Bo would have offered" yada yada yada..as if Bo never gets it wrong........Everybody gets it wrong from time to time......JP and Evan Anderson are just 2 examples.

I think it's worth noting that the Badger fanbase is quite large, and there are a few in the vocal minority that REAAAAAALLLLLLYYYY enjoy trashing MU.

Now, I've run into plenty of "homer" Badger fans as well, so there is no shortage of those guys around, but if we are talking specifically about people that love trash MU players/families/etc., I think that's a vocal minority.

(I can't believe I'm sort of defending the Badgers).

BKBucky

« Reply #48 on: July 03, 2014, 04:05:52 PM »
Perhaps another day.

Again, thanks for stopping by.  I've been accused here often of being a Bo lover, which isn't true at all, but I do respect his accomplishments as a coach.  When Badger fans were off the rails in January and calling for his head, some of us knew it was a blip.  Too good of talent and coach not to bounce back, which you guys did.  And again, I'm thrilled that little, tiny, mid major us can be considered in the running for an elite recruit. 

Happy 4th
You have a selective memory and an agenda, it would seem. Neither makes for very compelling conversation.

OnWisconsin

• Starter
« Reply #49 on: July 03, 2014, 04:23:51 PM »

None of those 7 players were ever offered by UW, I think the Badgers are doing just fine with who they have. High school basketball in Wisconsin is improving to the point where both programs can really benefit.

Definitely a talented group of players committed to MU.

OnWisconsin

• Starter
« Reply #50 on: July 03, 2014, 04:31:26 PM »

Don't cite a random message board idiot. Everyone wants to land Henry.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #51 on: July 03, 2014, 04:43:44 PM »
You have a selective memory and an agenda, it would seem. Neither makes for very compelling conversation.

Bias, sure.  Selective memory...hardly.

A few memory joggers for you

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=193&f=2565&t=12646247&p=1

http://buckyville.yuku.com/topic/70368/Actual-Badgernation-Quotes-from-the-Past-Weeks?page=1#.U7XjbLFvmIo

« Last Edit: July 03, 2014, 06:13:23 PM by ChicosBailBonds »

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #52 on: July 03, 2014, 04:45:02 PM »
Don't cite a random message board idiot. Everyone wants to land Henry.

I think you mean idiots.

Nukem2

• All American
« Reply #53 on: July 03, 2014, 04:50:06 PM »

Gasser is from Port Washington to the north of Milwaukee.  Not really a suburb.  More like a nearby town ala Racine.  Port is kind of in it's own small town niche.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #54 on: July 03, 2014, 05:05:41 PM »

I think the problem that many of us have with your Badger baord mates is the way they react whenever MU gets a recruit from the state. Doesn't matter if UW wanted him or not.....they rip on the kid and at times even his parents. We have seen it over and over again...most recently with Noskowiak and Heldt but before that with Duane Wilson, Wes, Vander etc etc.

Take swenson \ redforeman for what he is.  This is a guy that predicted we would not even make the Big East tournament when we joined (back then only top 12 schools made it).  There have been some gems from him over the years about MU.  Believed Diener wasn't Big Ten worthy, pooh poohed Novak until later when he saw the light.  He's a hack, nothing more.  Still thinks the Big Ten Network is owned by the Big Ten, despite losing majority control a number of years ago.  I actually get delight in reading some of this stuff, because I know the chances are high the opposite is going to happen.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #55 on: July 03, 2014, 07:18:35 PM »

SJMA is in Delafield bout 40 miles directly west on Milwaukee--far from West Bend.

BKBucky

« Reply #56 on: July 03, 2014, 11:46:32 PM »

Bias, sure.  Selective memory...hardly.

A few memory joggers for you

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=193&f=2565&t=12646247&p=1

http://buckyville.yuku.com/topic/70368/Actual-Badgernation-Quotes-from-the-Past-Weeks?page=1#.U7XjbLFvmIo

To keep everything straight, you selected a single "chicken little" thread and another that quoted the same thread to ridicule it for it's absurdity.

I'd say that is the definition of a selective memory.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #57 on: July 04, 2014, 06:30:14 AM »
I swear, Chicos, some days it seems that you're trying to meet a quota for number of posts.

DoggyDaddy

• Team Captain
  • We're Warriors son, not Beagles.
« Reply #58 on: July 04, 2014, 07:32:50 AM »
Some complain that this thread is digression from MU hoops.
I differ for here is how it is related:
Herman, aka as Peter Noone, sings this silly tune, a reminder of the 1977 NCAA Champ's, Bernard (Looney) Toone!
Later, the pic of actor Lee J. Cobb (from Twelve Angry Men) reminds us of Ric "the Elevator Man" Cobb of the 1970 NIT Champs.     

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #59 on: July 04, 2014, 08:02:54 AM »
Some complain that this thread is digression from MU hoops.
I differ for here is how it is related:
Herman, aka as Peter Noone, sings this silly tune, a reminder of the 1977 NCAA Champ's, Bernard (Looney) Toone!
Later, the pic of actor Lee J. Cobb (from Twelve Angry Men) reminds us of Ric "the Elevator Man" Cobb of the 1970 NIT Champs.     
Somehow, I do not see the Lee J. Cobb connection, other than the last name. He was great in in Twelve Angry Men, even greater in On the Waterfront as "Johnny Friendly"-what a bad ass. How about him in the Exorcist? A good connection: Lee J. Cobb=The Exorcist=The Excorcism of Buzz Williams.

Cobb was a great actor.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

VegasWarrior77

• All American
« Reply #60 on: July 04, 2014, 08:47:43 AM »
Later, the pic of actor Lee J. Cobb (from Twelve Angry Men)

That's the name of my Vegas fantasy football league!
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." Albert Einstein

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #61 on: July 04, 2014, 05:53:29 PM »
To keep everything straight, you selected a single "chicken little" thread and another that quoted the same thread to ridicule it for it's absurdity.

I'd say that is the definition of a selective memory.

Actually I selected SEVERAL threads from TWO different message boards.  We define that here as multiple, not single.   ;)

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #62 on: July 04, 2014, 05:54:17 PM »
I swear, Chicos, some days it seems that you're trying to meet a quota for number of posts.

Volume discount

EDIT  I have a pretty major change of life moment coming up in 10 days anyway, so I suspect you will see a drastic reduction of posts.    :D
« Last Edit: July 05, 2014, 09:55:57 AM by ChicosBailBonds »

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #63 on: July 04, 2014, 09:08:08 PM »

So what it seems like you're saying is MU used to offer more generally elite level athletes as opposed to Bo being selective about the players.  Really when you get top 100 in state kids that's about all you can take away from it. 
Maigh Eo for Sam

moomoo

• Team Captain
« Reply #64 on: July 28, 2014, 08:31:44 AM »
RT @: Henry Ellenson tells @ that Marquette, Michigan St., Wisconsin & Kentucky are recruiting him hardest
Silenzio. Parla il moomoo.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #65 on: July 28, 2014, 08:41:46 AM »

Marquette has 5 kids from Wisconsin.

Cohen didn't have an offer.

Wally didn't have an offer.

Duane didn't have an offer because they focused on Koenig.

Deonte didn't have an offer because he committed to MU early.  If he wanted to be at UW, the feeling would have been mutual.

Fischer didn't have an offer initially from UW or MU.  When he announced his intent to transfer, UW couldn't offer him because they didn't have the roster space AND B10 rules make it harder to transfer within the conference.  I think that if Fischer were transferring from somewhere other than Indiana, UW would have indeed been interested.

UW has three Wisconsin scholarship players on their roster:

Gasser did not have an offer.

I am not sure Koenig had an MU offer since Duane committed first.  MU would have no doubt been interested had Duane went elsewhere.

Dekker was like Deonte Burton in reverse.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #66 on: July 28, 2014, 08:49:22 AM »

Deonte didn't have an offer because he committed to MU early.  If he wanted to be at UW, the feeling would have been mutual.

Fischer didn't have an offer initially from UW or MU.  When he announced his intent to transfer, UW couldn't offer him because they didn't have the roster space AND B10 rules make it harder to transfer within the conference.  I think that if Fischer were transferring from somewhere other than Indiana, UW would have indeed been interested.

I am not sure Koenig had an MU offer since Duane committed first.  MU would have no doubt been interested had Duane went elsewhere.

Roasted that Rodent fan.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #67 on: July 28, 2014, 09:13:24 AM »

EDIT  I have a pretty major change of life moment coming up in 10 days anyway, so I suspect you will see a drastic reduction of posts.    :D

LOL. How's that "drastic reduction" working for you so far?

MuMark

• All American
« Reply #68 on: July 28, 2014, 10:24:51 AM »

Deonte didn't have an offer because he committed to MU early.  If he wanted to be at UW, the feeling would have been mutual.

Fischer didn't have an offer initially from UW or MU.  When he announced his intent to transfer, UW couldn't offer him because they didn't have the roster space AND B10 rules make it harder to transfer within the conference.  I think that if Fischer were transferring from somewhere other than Indiana, UW would have indeed been interested.

I am not sure Koenig had an MU offer since Duane committed first.  MU would have no doubt been interested had Duane went elsewhere.

[/quote
Both Fischer and Koenig had offers from MU when in high school. UW started “sniffing around” Fischer after his verbal to IU but he wasn’t interested.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #69 on: July 28, 2014, 10:30:41 AM »
OK thanks for the clarifications regarding Koenig and Fischer.  I couldn't remember how serious MU was.

LAZER

• All American
« Reply #70 on: July 28, 2014, 11:24:22 AM »
RT @: Henry Ellenson tells @ that Marquette, Michigan St., Wisconsin & Kentucky are recruiting him hardest

Seems Kentucky has replaced Duke.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #71 on: July 28, 2014, 11:28:29 AM »
Seems Kentucky has replaced Duke.

Coach K pulled his offer out of respect for Wojo.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #72 on: July 28, 2014, 11:31:04 AM »
Coach K pulled his offer out of respect for Wojo.

Do you know that?

Tums Festival

• All American
« Reply #73 on: July 28, 2014, 11:49:46 AM »
Mark Miller ‏@WisBBYearbook  Jul 26
Henry Ellenson and Diamond Stone made the finalists list for the 17U USA Team ... http://www.usab.com/news-events/news/2014/07/2014-usa-mens-u17-world-championship-team-finalists-announced.aspx

Finalists were selected by the USA Basketball Men’s Developmental National Team Committee, chaired by USA Basketball Men’s National Team Director Sean Ford, and the official 2014 USA U17 World Championship Team will be named prior to Aug. 1.

In addition to Newman, finalists for the 2014 USA U17 World Championship Team include: Tyus Battle (Gill St. Bernard’s School/ Edison, N.J.); Thomas Bryant (Huntington Prep, W.Va./Rochester, N.Y.); Henry Ellenson (Rice Lake H.S./Rice Lake, Wis.); Terrence Ferguson (Prime Prep Academy/Flower Mound, Texas); De’Aaron Fox (Cypress Lakes H.S./Katy, Texas); Harry Giles (Wesleyan Christian Academy/Winston-Salem, N.C.); Mustapha Heron (Sacred Heart H.S./West Haven, Conn.); Josh Jackson (Consortium College Prep H.S./ Southfield, Mich.); V.J. King (St. Vincent-St. Mary H.S./Akron, Ohio); T.J. Leaf (Foothills Christian H.S./Lakeside, Calif.); Ivan Rabb (Bishop O’Dowd H.S./ Oakland, Calif.); Devearl Ramsey (Sierra Canyon H.S./Los Angeles, Calif.); Diamond Stone (Dominican H.S./Milwaukee, Wis.); Caleb Swanigan (Homestead H.S./Fort Wayne, Ind.); Jayson Tatum (Chaminade College Prep/St. Louis, Mo.); and Derryck Thornton (Findlay Prep, Nev./Simi Valley, Calif.).

Congratulations to Henry Ellenson and Diamond Stone!
« Last Edit: July 28, 2014, 11:52:16 AM by Heavy Gear »

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #74 on: July 28, 2014, 07:23:45 PM »
LOL. How's that "drastic reduction" working for you so far?

Delayed by a week or so, but on a plane as we speak and will kick in very soon.

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #75 on: July 28, 2014, 08:07:25 PM »
Delayed by a week or so, but on a plane as we speak and will kick in very soon.

Well congrats (I hope that is what is in order). Always exciting to see others enjoying fun, new challenges.
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #76 on: July 28, 2014, 08:21:36 PM »
Well congrats (I hope that is what is in order). Always exciting to see others enjoying fun, new challenges.

Thank you for the kind words.  Risky move, not sure how fun it will be, but definitely challenging. 

Warm regards

MU82

• All American
« Reply #77 on: July 28, 2014, 10:34:29 PM »
Mrs. Brown, you've got a lovely daughter.
Girls as sharp as her are something rare.
But it's sad, she doesn't love me now,
She's made it clear enough, it ain't no good to pine.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson