[April 23, 2024, 09:42:02 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Herman Cain
[April 23, 2024, 09:23:41 PM]

Best case scenarios by Frenns Liquor Depot
[April 23, 2024, 03:55:21 PM]

Marquette Football Update by Viper
[April 23, 2024, 11:02:10 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Non-Conf Sched: 12/6 UW, 12/16 ASU, 12/22 UND, 12/28 Morgan St  (Read 24462 times)

MUfan12

• All American
I'm alright with it. Those post-finals game on that Saturday have usually been dire. Give the guys a couple days to refocus on a decent opponent, rather than coast past a cupcake.

bradley center bat

• All American
I'm alright with it. Those post-finals game on that Saturday have usually been dire. Give the guys a couple days to refocus on a decent opponent, rather than coast past a cupcake.
College football regular season is over on Dec. 13, other than Army-Navy, so it would be nice to have a game to go attend.  :-\  That will be five tough games in a row for MU.

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
MU welcomes North Dakota (@UNDMBasketball) to the @BMOHBC Dec. 22 to continue homestand.
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

chapman

• All American
MU welcomes North Dakota (@UNDMBasketball) to the @BMOHBC Dec. 22 to continue homestand.

A ten day break between UW and ASU, then another six day break?  Interesting.  Would think the next game has to be Dec 27 or later, so are they: getting in two games in a few days before conference play starts, playing one OOC game during the conference season, another game that isn't finalized played earlier in the schedule, or none of the above?

GGGG

• All American
A ten day break between UW and ASU, then another six day break?  Interesting.  Would think the next game has to be Dec 27 or later, so are they: getting in two games in a few days before conference play starts, playing one OOC game during the conference season, another game that isn't finalized played earlier in the schedule, or none of the above?

When MU announced the UW game, they mentioned a "4 game homestand."

So that includes UW, ASU, North Dakota and presumably a cupcake game between Christmas and New Years.

If the BE season starts on NYE like last year, I can't see MU playing a road game before that.  My guess is that we have some sort of road / neutral OOC game during the BE season.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
Ugh, North Dakota is going to SUCK next season. They were ranked 258 in KenPom last season and they are losing 83% of their offense this offseason. They will be a sub 300 team, a definite RPI drain.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Texas Western

• All American
Maybe we play at the Garden the Super Bowl weekend as part of double header the way Georgetown and Michigan State did last year? Maybe us and Notre Dame?

GGGG

• All American
Maybe we play at the Garden the Super Bowl weekend as part of double header the way Georgetown and Michigan State did last year? Maybe us and Notre Dame?

Could be, but I thought that was a one time deal because the Super Bowl was in the area and also on Fox.

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
MU concludes 14-15 non-league schedule Dec. 28 vs. Morgan St. at the @BMOHBC.
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
MU concludes 14-15 non-league schedule Dec. 28 vs. Morgan St. at the @BMOHBC.

A lot of most likely sub 250 teams on the schedule. But the Orlando Classic and OSU should help with that.
TAMU

jsglow

• All American

When MU announced the UW game, they mentioned a "4 game homestand."

So that includes UW, ASU, North Dakota and presumably a cupcake game between Christmas and New Years.

If the BE season starts on NYE like last year, I can't see MU playing a road game before that.  My guess is that we have some sort of road / neutral OOC game during the BE season.

Hmm.  There has to be more in December though.  Can't fathom MU is playing only 4 games in December.  Still two open Saturday slots on the 13th and 20th with Luke eligible beginning the 16th.  Perhaps working on a H/H?  Perhaps a neutral?  Perhaps something with UWM or UWGB that premature to announce?  The '4 game homestand' statement seems odd.  There's only 11 D-1 games for the moment.

bradley center bat

• All American
Well the tweet said concludes, which means they are done. Some one should tweet Broeker, with the question.

jsglow

• All American
Do any of you guys remember that bulletin board web site where college hoops teams solicit for games?

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
Do any of you guys remember that bulletin board web site where college hoops teams solicit for games?
This?
http://www.basketballtravelers.com/game-schedule-board/?e_type=1
-Bill Walton

The Lens

• All American
Re: Non-Conf Sched: 12/6 UW, 12/16 ASU, 12/22 UND, 12/28 Morgan St
« Reply #64 on: July 09, 2014, 12:03:28 PM »

tOSU
@ASU
Tourney Game 1
Tourney Game 2
Tourney Game 3
@UW
New Mex (N)

@tOSU
Tourney Game 1
Tourney Game 2
Tourney Game 3
UW
ASU

I haven't checked the respective number of buy games but it looks like last year we had one more marquee game

The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #65 on: July 09, 2014, 12:09:17 PM »
I'm looking forward to MU coming out West to the Bay Area for Juan's last tour with the Warriors.
SS Marquette

bradley center bat

• All American
« Reply #66 on: July 09, 2014, 12:18:45 PM »
I'm looking forward to MU coming out West to the Bay Area for Juan's last tour with the Warriors.
Omaha?

barfolomew

• All American
Ugh, North Dakota is going to SUCK next season. They were ranked 258 in KenPom last season and they are losing 83% of their offense this offseason. They will be a sub 300 team, a definite RPI drain.

Perhaps we could petition to play their hockey team instead of the basketball team?
Relationes Incrementum Victoria

MUMountin

• All American
« Reply #68 on: July 09, 2014, 02:22:36 PM »
I haven't checked the respective number of buy games but it looks like last year we had one more marquee game

Given the transitions this year and lack of size during most of non-conference, I think that's probably fine.  I'm expecting us to go 3-3 in those games, and will feel pretty good about things if we can do better than that. 

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #70 on: July 09, 2014, 07:50:05 PM »
UNLV would be nice---If not Creighton is looking for a game.

Jay Bee

• All American
Well the tweet said concludes, which means they are done. Some one should tweet Broeker, with the question.

lol, no it doesn't.

Nope. North Dakota will be fine.

PS - I will bet anyone who disagrees!
1) MU will have more than 11 nonconf games; and
2) North Dakota won't be a sub-300 RPI team.

Either, or. Please.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2014, 08:02:20 PM by Jay Bee »
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

Texas Western

• All American
lol, no it doesn't.

Either, or. Please.
What is your best guesstimate on how many non conference games we will play?

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
lol, no it doesn't.

Either, or. Please.

I'm poor so I have nothing to offer, but I'll take the action on North Dakota being sub 300 in KenPom. 258 this season, losing 83% of their offense, and bring in a transfer from UMKC, a no name JUCO, and 3 2 star freshmen. That spells bottom 50 for me.
TAMU

bilsu

• All American

Not necessarily, concludes could also only mean it is the last non-conference game

feedback