[Today at 06:18:19 PM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by the eagle
[Today at 06:05:16 PM]

Sweet 16 presser by MuMark
[Today at 04:40:13 PM]

10 years after “Done Deal” … It’s Happening! by The Sultan of Semantics
[Today at 03:24:51 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Haanif Cheatham  (Read 96544 times)

JakeBarnes

• All American
Re: Haanif Cheatham
« Reply #150 on: August 29, 2014, 12:36:18 PM »
It's ok guys. I'll be on campus on Saturday wearing my sperrys to keep an eye out for Haanif.
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #151 on: August 29, 2014, 01:26:03 PM »
We would go 2 weeks at a time without bathing and there are these nasty chiggers and ticks in A Stan so guys on the teams took to shaving every hair save for facial growth. I remember when I came back from a deployment that my wife was horrified that I was so completely clean shaven everywhere but my face.

Just curious, why no head hair, but facial hair?

barfolomew

• All American
« Reply #152 on: August 29, 2014, 01:49:01 PM »
It's ok guys. I'll be on campus on Saturday wearing my sperrys to keep an eye out for Haanif.

90% chance of rain tomorrow in the MKE.
We can just write off Cheatham now.
Relationes Incrementum Victoria

GOO

• All American
« Reply #153 on: August 29, 2014, 02:11:15 PM »
Normally bad weather doesn't help, but in this case, even I don't think it will matter.  Seems like a really level headed kid/family.  Plus, Wojo's emphasis on the student athlete makes it a different type of choice.   I see it as a more heady decision and less of an emotional one.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #154 on: August 29, 2014, 02:12:33 PM »
Seems like a really level headed kid/family. 

Well then, Marquette is a lock!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

swoopem

• All American
« Reply #155 on: August 29, 2014, 02:12:55 PM »
As expected

Anonymous Eagle‏@AnonymousEagle·31 mins
#mubb RT @GeryWoelfel: MU commits Matt Heldt and Nick Noskowiak expected to welcome MU recruit Haanif Cheatham on his visit this weekend

Bring back FFP!!!

Litehouse

• All American
« Reply #156 on: August 29, 2014, 02:38:58 PM »
As expected

Anonymous Eagle‏@AnonymousEagle·31 mins
#mubb RT @GeryWoelfel: MU commits Matt Heldt and Nick Noskowiak expected to welcome MU recruit Haanif Cheatham on his visit this weekend

Are the pros still in town?

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #157 on: August 29, 2014, 03:26:10 PM »
Are the pros still in town?

Maybe, but the training camp thing for them already ended.

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #158 on: August 29, 2014, 08:21:27 PM »
90% chance of rain tomorrow in the MKE.
We can just write off Cheatham now.

Beats eathquakes
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

GOO

• All American
« Reply #159 on: August 29, 2014, 08:35:22 PM »
For anyone who makes a Cheatham spotting, three questions need to be answered:

1. Was it raining?

2. Was he smiling?

3. Did he high five anyone?

The answers to those questions will tell us scoopers all we need to know about our prospects.

mr.MUskie

• All American
« Reply #160 on: August 29, 2014, 08:40:41 PM »

1. Was it raining?

2. Was he smiling?

The answers to those questions will tell us scoopers all we need to know about our prospects.

4.  Is he wearing a boot?

Texas Western

• All American
« Reply #161 on: August 29, 2014, 09:04:16 PM »

1. Was it raining?

2. Was he smiling?

He said visit went well he had a great time with great people .

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #162 on: August 29, 2014, 09:43:51 PM »
Just curious, why no head hair, but facial hair?

Facial hair was important should we have to interact with locals in both Iraq and A Stan. Men without facial hair in Islam are suspect. We were under relaxed grooming standards even when back in garrison.

The AF presents forces to the COCOM through the AEF rotation system but since AFSOC JTACs were a critical warfighting UTC TACP teams took turns being on a 72 hour deployment tether. Since you can't grow out a beard in 72 hours we were allowed to keep our facial hair at all times.

We were asked by the Commander of NAS Pensacola to brief some of their Navy units on the JTAC/TACP mission. So we reluctantly threw on our blues and headed over from Hurlburt Field. After the briefings we hit the Mini Mart on the Navy base.

Three of my enlisted ROMADs were outside in the parking lot as I was checking out and I watched as a Navy CPO came up to them and began ripping them a new one for having beards while being in Class A uniforms. I let this go on for a minute before I went up to the Navy Chief who was stunned to see an AF Lt Col who also had a beard. I explained "Relaxed Grooming Standards" to him but he was too nervous and confused for it to make any sense.

As we drove off he stared at us and had to be muttering, "gawddam Air Force..."

Death on call

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #163 on: August 29, 2014, 10:50:34 PM »
Facial hair was important should we have to interact with locals in both Iraq and A Stan. Men without facial hair in Islam are suspect. We were under relaxed grooming standards even when back in garrison.

The AF presents forces to the COCOM through the AEF rotation system but since AFSOC JTACs were a critical warfighting UTC TACP teams took turns being on a 72 hour deployment tether. Since you can't grow out a beard in 72 hours we were allowed to keep our facial hair at all times.

We were asked by the Commander of NAS Pensacola to brief some of their Navy units on the JTAC/TACP mission. So we reluctantly threw on our blues and headed over from Hurlburt Field. After the briefings we hit the Mini Mart on the Navy base.

Three of my enlisted ROMADs were outside in the parking lot as I was checking out and I watched as a Navy CPO came up to them and began ripping them a new one for having beards while being in Class A uniforms. I let this go on for a minute before I went up to the Navy Chief who was stunned to see an AF Lt Col who also had a beard. I explained "Relaxed Grooming Standards" to him but he was too nervous and confused for it to make any sense.

As we drove off he stared at us and had to be muttering, "gawddam Air Force..."

A lot of acronyms I don't know, but I think I got the gist. Thanks for the explanation

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #164 on: August 29, 2014, 11:20:07 PM »
All my "dress shoes" are AE, purchased from the factory store in Port Washington.  Oldest pair is 23 years old, fully refurbished twice.  I prefer not to wear dress shoes, but when I do...

legs, what kind of shape were your shoes in when you went them in?

I have a pair that are pitted from salt.  Would love to send them back if the could save them. 

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #165 on: August 30, 2014, 01:38:43 AM »
A lot of acronyms I don't know, but I think I got the gist. Thanks for the explanation

Yea, sorry. The military jargon is an alphabet soup. Basically the guys in Joint Special Operations Command are allowed to keep beards because we might have to go over there on very short notice. JTACs, the guys who call in the air strikes, are critically undermanned so when we went back to the States we were allowed to keep the facial hair since there was a high probability of being combat tasked on short notice.

As a pilot, I always shaved the beard once I got back since I couldn't fly with it as you can't get an airtight seal on the oxygen mask. More importantly, though, the wife hated it and she made pretty clear the penalty for not shaving; after more than six months I would have crawled through molten lava so the beard came off before I hit the sheets. I almost always kept the 'stache though which was my own form of rebellion.

Death on call

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #166 on: August 30, 2014, 01:54:49 AM »
Yea, sorry. The military jargon is an alphabet soup. Basically the guys in Joint Special Operations Command are allowed to keep beards because we might have to go over there on very short notice. JTACs, the guys who call in the air strikes, are critically undermanned so when we went back to the States we were allowed to keep the facial hair since there was a high probability of being combat tasked on short notice.

As a pilot, I always shaved the beard once I got back since I couldn't fly with it as you can't get an airtight seal on the oxygen mask. More importantly, though, the wife hated it and she made pretty clear the penalty for not shaving; after more than six months I would have crawled through molten lava so the beard came off before I hit the sheets. I almost always kept the 'stache though which was my own form of rebellion.

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #167 on: August 30, 2014, 05:29:26 AM »
Good news because he's do this right after he visits us.

http://touch.sun-sentinel.com/#section/-1/article/p2p-81184250/

Pines Charter's Cheatham to announce college choice Sept. 5

Pembroke Pines Charter boys basketball standout Haanif Cheatham will take his final official visit to Marquette this weekend and announce his college choice next Friday.

Cheatham, a 6-foot-5, 175-pound senior rated the state’s fifth-best, and nation’s 31st best, shooting guard by ESPN.com, told the Sun Sentinel on Tuesday that his finalists are Marquette, Georgetown, Cal, Baylor, Florida State and Georgia. He will verbally commit at a ceremony at his school.

The athletic, left-handed swingman averaged 26.2 points, eight rebounds and 10 rebounds per game last season for Pines Charter as a first team All-Broward County selection last season.

He had some of his best performances against state ranked teams Blanche Ely (30 points, 11 rebounds, five assists), Boyd Anderson (24 points, 11 rebounds, 10 assists) and McArthur (28 points, seven rebounds, five assists). He scored a season-high 35 against Flanagan.

Cheatham visited Cal this past weekend. Earlier this month, he participated for USA’s South roster in the Nike Global Challenge in Chicago. The event features the top high school players across the country playing against international competition.  Cheatham posted 15 points, four rebounds and four steals against China.

THRILLHO

• All American
    • twitter feed
« Reply #168 on: August 30, 2014, 06:27:36 AM »

The athletic, left-handed swingman averaged 26.2 points, eight rebounds and 10 rebounds per game last season for Pines Charter as a first team All-Broward County selection last season.

Wow, 18 rebounds per game!

Seriously, though, really impressive rebounding numbers for a guy his size. If he were on this year's team he might play the 4.

mr.MUskie

• All American
« Reply #169 on: August 30, 2014, 08:02:37 AM »
Facial hair was important should we have to interact with locals in both Iraq and A Stan. Men without facial hair in Islam are suspect.

So you're saying someone like Diener would not be welcome.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #170 on: August 30, 2014, 08:56:51 AM »
So you're saying someone like Diener would not be welcome.

Well, once Travis hits puberty he should be welcomed with open arms.

Death on call

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #171 on: August 30, 2014, 09:24:14 AM »
Any word on what shoes Cheatham is wearing today? Two-tone Top Siders might be a sign.

Death on call

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #172 on: August 30, 2014, 09:49:06 AM »
Thanks Heisenberg--your efforts are appreciated--- especially in this sea of nonsense.

Ardmore Mug

• All American
« Reply #173 on: August 30, 2014, 11:05:55 AM »
I remember asking my nephew who was a MCPO, about his beard and he told me the same explanation. I found it very interesting. 

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #174 on: August 30, 2014, 11:42:28 AM »
Good news because he's do this right after he visits us.

http://touch.sun-sentinel.com/#section/-1/article/p2p-81184250/

Pines Charter's Cheatham to announce college choice Sept. 5

Pembroke Pines Charter boys basketball standout Haanif Cheatham will take his final official visit to Marquette this weekend and announce his college choice next Friday.

Cheatham, a 6-foot-5, 175-pound senior rated the state’s fifth-best, and nation’s 31st best, shooting guard by ESPN.com, told the Sun Sentinel on Tuesday that his finalists are Marquette, Georgetown, Cal, Baylor, Florida State and Georgia. He will verbally commit at a ceremony at his school.

He had some of his best performances against state ranked teams Blanche Ely (30 points, 11 rebounds, five assists), Boyd Anderson (24 points, 11 rebounds, 10 assists) and McArthur (28 points, seven rebounds, five assists). He scored a season-high 35 against Flanagan.

Cheatham visited Cal this past weekend. Earlier this month, he participated for USA’s South roster in the Nike Global Challenge in Chicago. The event features the top high school players across the country playing against international competition.  Cheatham posted 15 points, four rebounds and four steals against China.

Sounds like it's us our cal. Don't think he would commit without an official visit. Hopefully it's us
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.