[Today at 02:25:52 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Frenns Liquor Depot
[Today at 10:35:42 AM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by withoutbias
[Today at 10:29:19 AM]

NM by tower912
[Today at 08:24:31 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: bamamarquettefan on Fox News after "biggest upset in American political history"  (Read 11063 times)

bamamarquettefan

• All American
  • pudner-at-aspen-ideas-festival.jpg
    • Value Add Basketball
ok, this has nothing to do with the program other than as an excuse for why I have been sadly absent from Cracked Sidewalks and muscoop. Was busy planning Eric Cantor's defeat last week, but did manage to break away a few days before the "biggest upset in American political history" (according to Fox News) for reseating, so I will be back in the Bradley Center this season!

Here is my recent tv interview
http://video.foxnews.com/v/3619821064001/how-moneyball-style-politics-helped-dave-brat-win-in-va/#sp=show-clips

Here is a little more in depth story on the win
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2014/06/13/Moneyball-Consultant-John-Pudner-Predicted-Dave-Brat-Vote-Count

The www.valueaddsports.com analysis of basketball, football and baseball players are intended to neither be too hot or too cold - hundreds immerse themselves in studies of stats not of interest to broader fan bases (too hot), while others still insist on pure observation (too cold).

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
Frankly, a lot of us are disappointed you opted to focus on this political stuff rather than posting on Scoop. Life is about priorities my friend and sadly you have chosen unwisely. Scoop has become a lesser place because of your decision to pursue outside activities. Redeem yourself.

Death on call

bamamarquettefan

• All American
    • Value Add Basketball
Thank you! Now that the country has broken into two divided camps and almost all campaigns are primaries, I may be able to shift my focus back to what is really important by July LOL! I did get the NBA covered in the TV interview, but unfortunately could not figure out a Marquette angle.
The www.valueaddsports.com analysis of basketball, football and baseball players are intended to neither be too hot or too cold - hundreds immerse themselves in studies of stats not of interest to broader fan bases (too hot), while others still insist on pure observation (too cold).

jsglow

• All American
I think you need a new name ' Carver Axlerove'.  Congrats Bama.  Nice work.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
Firstly, why didn't you talk about Marquette Basketball on Fox News? She even opened up the sports angle by talking about the NBA!

Secondly, she sure does like the sound of her own voice.

Lennys Tap

• All American
Way to go, John. Can you come to Illinois to rid us of Pat Quinn? If you really believe in miracles, how about toppling Michael Madigan?

Seriously, good work. Hope we see more of you and less of Karl Rove on the tube analyzing the electorate.

NersEllenson

• All American
Frankly, a lot of us are disappointed you opted to focus on this political stuff rather than posting on Scoop. Life is about priorities my friend and sadly you have chosen unwisely. Scoop has become a lesser place because of your decision to pursue outside activities. Redeem yourself.

+1

Bama's unbiased analysis/stat metrics were sorely missed last season as the debates got to epic levels of dispute over PG situation.    ;D
"I'm not sure Cadougan would fix the problems on this team. I'm not even convinced he would be better for this team than DeWil is."

BrewCity77, December 8, 2013

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
unfortunately could not figure out a Marquette angle.

Please. We're not stupid. Just disappointed.

Gretchen Carlson: With us today is the new Wunderkind of Congressional Electoral Politics, Mr. Moneyball - John Pudner.

John Pudner: Thanks, Gretchen. Wunderkind? Reminds me of my days in that most German of North American cities, Milwaukee. I matriculated at Marquette University, home of my beloved Warriors.

GC: So John, you master minded the electoral strategy for Professor Dave Brat in his stunning upset.

JP: Uh, Gretchen, it's not 'Brat' as in 'Spoiled' but 'brat' as in the sausage. You know, some of the best brats are from Wisconsin. I know this because I was graduated from Marquette University, home of my beloved Warriors.

GC: You are unique in that you not only consult political campaigns but also provide insight to NBA front offices.

JP: Sure, I provide statistical analysis for NBA teams but my real love is for Marquette University basketball. And frankly, my go to source for information on Marquette hoops is Scoop. I like to think that without the thought provoking insights found in that forum there is no Dave Brat heading to Washington. And I want to take this opportunity to thank Chico and ZFB for their love and support over the years and making me the puppet master I am today.    

Death on call

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
I did get the NBA covered in the TV interview, but unfortunately could not figure out a Marquette angle.

Your heart was in the right place.

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American

Gretchen Carlson: With us today is the new Wunderkind of Congressional Electoral Politics, Mr. Moneyball - John Pudner.

John Pudner: Thanks, Gretchen. Wunderkind? Reminds me of my days in that most German of North American cities, Milwaukee. I matriculated at Marquette University, home of my beloved Warriors.

GC: So John, you master minded the electoral strategy for Professor Dave Brat in his stunning upset.

JP: Uh, Gretchen, it's not 'Brat' as in 'Spoiled' but 'brat' as in the sausage. You know, some of the best brats are from Wisconsin. I know this because I was graduated from Marquette University, home of my beloved Warriors.

GC: You are unique in that you not only consult political campaigns but also provide insight to NBA front offices.

JP: Sure, I provide statistical analysis for NBA teams but my real love is for Marquette University basketball. And frankly, my go to source for information on Marquette hoops is Scoop. I like to think that without the thought provoking insights found in that forum there is no Dave Brat heading to Washington. And I want to take this opportunity to thank Chico and ZFB for their love and support over the years and making me the puppet master I am today.    

Scoop pricelessness.

real chili 83

• All American
John,

Congrats on the win.

Now we need your help with Mike McFadden ousting Al Franken.  Fellow 83 alum Jim Waldvogel is doing quite a bit of fund raising for McFadden.  He's using all of his wisdom acquired from two years of residence on Schroeder 10N to help muster up a win for McFadden.

Gretchen Carlson, former Ms. America, and resident of Anoka, MN.  Too bad the interview was remote.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
He's using all of his wisdom acquired from two years of residence on Schroeder 10N to help muster up a win for McFadden.

How will sneaking beer and women into Schroeder help this McFadden win?

Death on call

jsglow

• All American

Well played.

brandx

+1

Bama's unbiased analysis/stat metrics were sorely missed last season as the debates got to epic levels of dispute over PG situation.    ;D

Don't there need to be at least 2 people for a debate? ;D

Benny B

• All American
"Expert in political microtargeting and NBA team analytics."

Classic.

Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

Lennys Tap

• All American
Gretchen Carlson, former Ms. America, and resident of Anoka, MN.  Too bad the interview was remote.

Gretchen Carlson is a former Ms. America? Is that like the CBE to the Miss America pageant or was that just a down year? I mean, she's ok, way better than Andrea Mitchell or Rachel Maddow, but Bee Jay wouldn't touch her on her best day.

brandx

"Expert in political microtargeting and NBA team analytics."

Classic.

Isn't she the genius who call Ted Kennedy "a hostile enemy" of the US?

real chili 83

• All American
Isn't she the genius who call Ted Kennedy "a hostile enemy" of the US?

Does anyone really care what she is saying?

bamamarquettefan

• All American
    • Value Add Basketball
Thanks all!

Keefe, that is one of the all-time classics. I will do a practice interview with you before going on again.

Real Chili, would love to be in Minnesota. Went to some mass meetings on the border when we were winning Speaker Fitz's convention for him a few years back, and have an Iowa convention Saturday, so maybe I should just go on a long tour!

Can't wait to see the new squad next year and to just watching McDermott play ON TV and against pro teams instead of us.

Class71

• All American
Congrats on your win. Generally when the big money does not win in either party, the average person and the country is better off. Money unfortunately has too many strings.

Now let's get back to some serious basketball.
⛵⛵⛵⛵⛵

real chili 83

• All American
Thanks all!

Keefe, that is one of the all-time classics. I will do a practice interview with you before going on again.

Real Chili, would love to be in Minnesota. Went to some mass meetings on the border when we were winning Speaker Fitz's convention for him a few years back, and have an Iowa convention Saturday, so maybe I should just go on a long tour!

Can't wait to see the new squad next year and to just watching McDermott play ON TV and against pro teams instead of us.

Let me know if you ever make it up here.  I would love to tell you the story about how I was kicked out of Paul Wellstone's office by the Senator himself.  I am sure you would find it amusing.  ;D

Tugg Speedman

• All American
Bama ... MU answer to Nate Silver!!

You should start a political blog, call it 539.

Seriously, well done.

GGGG

• All American
Gretchen Carlson is a former Ms. America? Is that like the CBE to the Miss America pageant or was that just a down year? I mean, she's ok, way better than Andrea Mitchell or Rachel Maddow, but Bee Jay wouldn't touch her on her best day.

http://www.postersguide.com/posters/miss-america-miss-america-1989-gretchen-carlson-september-1989-5154257.html

BIG HAIR!!!!

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
Good luck Bama.  Your next few months, you and your team will have to take it up one notch much further as your guy will be portrayed as the most extreme person in the country, regardless if he is or not.  After watching the media in the last few days, you have your work cut out for you.  Best of luck. 

bamamarquettefan

• All American
    • Value Add Basketball
Good luck Bama.  Your next few months, you and your team will have to take it up one notch much further as your guy will be portrayed as the most extreme person in the country, regardless if he is or not.  After watching the media in the last few days, you have your work cut out for you.  Best of luck. 

Thanks for the input. He really is a level-headed economist who believes self-serving deal-making is making it impossible to address the deficit. But I hear you loud and clear - the attempt to paint the picture will be there ... but I won't go any further so as not to cross the line on political advocacy on the sacred basketball pages here!