Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by GoldenEagles03
[April 27, 2024, 11:54:22 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by MuMark
[April 27, 2024, 10:13:14 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by tower912
[April 27, 2024, 08:53:54 PM]

Banquet by tower912
[April 27, 2024, 07:39:53 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MuMark
[April 27, 2024, 04:23:26 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by mugrad_89
[April 27, 2024, 12:29:11 PM]

Kolek throwing out first pitch at White Sox game by MU82
[April 27, 2024, 08:16:25 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Davante works out for Bucks today  (Read 12770 times)

Atticus

• All American
Re: Davante works out for Bucks today
« Reply #25 on: June 01, 2014, 08:01:21 PM »
Wow, this thread is simply amazing.

He's the next Wes Unseld.

He'll average 10 points PER GAME.

He will foul out Dirk in 20 minutes.

Question: Aside from the Bucks, how many personal workouts has DG gone on? hmmm

I'd love to see DG guard Dirk at the three point arc. That would be funny.

My opinion: DG's upside is playing in Europe and MAYBE getting a 10 day contract where he plays garbage minutes...or seconds in a single blow out game. you guys understand that every nba head coach as 3-5 DNP players on the bench, right? So DG is not only going to beat out the best D League players but also put himself in a position where he is going to see the floor when Dirk sees the floor....or that he will see the floor enough to leapfrog all the guys in the nba that don't play AND average 10 points per game? Sorry but this is hilarious. I could go on but it's such a stupid argument I'll stop now.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #26 on: June 01, 2014, 08:08:31 PM »
Davante will get invited to a camp somewhere so we will see.  I doubt he's going to stick anywhere, but he's make his living playing basketball for awhile.

NersEllenson

• All American
« Reply #27 on: June 01, 2014, 09:50:21 PM »
Wow, this thread is simply amazing.

He's the next Wes Unseld.

He'll average 10 points PER GAME.

He will foul out Dirk in 20 minutes.

Question: Aside from the Bucks, how many personal workouts has DG gone on? hmmm

I'd love to see DG guard Dirk at the three point arc. That would be funny.

My opinion: DG's upside is playing in Europe and MAYBE getting a 10 day contract where he plays garbage minutes...or seconds in a single blow out game. you guys understand that every nba head coach as 3-5 DNP players on the bench, right? So DG is not only going to beat out the best D League players but also put himself in a position where he is going to see the floor when Dirk sees the floor....or that he will see the floor enough to leapfrog all the guys in the nba that don't play AND average 10 points per game? Sorry but this is hilarious. I could go on but it's such a stupid argument I'll stop now.

Your point is well taken...in my heart do I believe Davante would ever get in a game and guard Dirk Nowitzki??  No.  However, in the hypothetical event they were matched up on each other...Davante would pose a handful of problems for a guy like Dirk defensively....just as Davante created hell for all the college guys who tried to stop him one on one.  Yes....I realize...they are just college players and not NBA level....yet Dirk isn't playing in the league due to his defensive prowess.  There is a premium for guys who can put the ball in the bucket at a highly efficient rate...and that is a talent Davante has...and it beared itself out all 4 years at MU....it wasn't a fluke...nor do I think it was a fluke he was named MVP at Portsmouth.  Hope he doesn't get drafted...so he can do the Wes....and pick the team he wants to go try out for...as it wouldn't surprise me to see him stick in the right situation...particularly if he's hard at work at IMG on his conditioning. 
"I'm not sure Cadougan would fix the problems on this team. I'm not even convinced he would be better for this team than DeWil is."

BrewCity77, December 8, 2013

MU82

• All American
« Reply #28 on: June 01, 2014, 10:11:53 PM »
Davante would have plenty of trouble offensively in the NBA, too.

Immobile, unathletic, 6-6 post players who take forever to get themselves into prime scoring position tend not to fare very well against some of the greatest athletic freaks on the planet.

Wes Unseld comparisons ... those are too funny. Yes, by all means, let's compare a second-team all-conference player to one of the great rebounders in basketball history, not to mention a guy who was a defensive force for more than a decade.

Basketball history is filled with very good college players who never get a sniff at the NBA. And as much as I appreciate what Gardner did at MU, he will just be another one of those.

Let's be real, people!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

brandx

« Reply #29 on: June 01, 2014, 10:23:26 PM »
Your point is well taken...in my heart do I believe Davante would ever get in a game and guard Dirk Nowitzki??  No.  However, in the hypothetical event they were matched up on each other...Davante would pose a handful of problems for a guy like Dirk defensively....just as Davante created hell for all the college guys who tried to stop him one on one.   

Almost as silly as the Unseld comparison.

Is there a "better than Kareem" argument out there ;D

feedback