[April 24, 2024, 08:12:40 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by WhiteTrash
[April 24, 2024, 07:58:02 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by MU82
[April 24, 2024, 04:38:12 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Uncle Rico
[April 24, 2024, 04:09:20 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Legend Robertin  (Read 25070 times)

ThatDude

• Starter
Legend Robertin
« on: May 06, 2014, 10:13:36 AM »
2014 7 footer Legend Robertin has just picked up an offer from Marquette.

Does anyone know anything about this kid?
« Last Edit: May 06, 2014, 10:15:43 AM by ThatDude »

GoldenWarrior11

• All American
Re: Legend Robertin
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2014, 10:14:37 AM »
Is he really already a legend???

:o

MUWarrior4Life

• Team Captain
  • Pro Deo Et Patria
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2014, 10:14:48 AM »
Buzz was recruiting also when he was at MU

moomoo

• Team Captain
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2014, 10:24:22 AM »
Big, raw, pretty quick, shot blocker

I thought he had an offer for a while.  Did you see something that indicated he received a recent offer?

Silenzio. Parla il moomoo.

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2014, 10:47:52 AM »
2014 7 footer Legend Robertin has just picked up an offer from Marquette.

Does anyone know anything about this kid?

I'm thinking that you're looking at something pretty old from back when Buzz was still making the offers.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

ThatDude

• Starter
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2014, 10:55:24 AM »
Big, raw, pretty quick, shot blocker

I thought he had an offer for a while.  Did you see something that indicated he received a recent offer?

Yea

Dawson Rental

• All American
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2014, 11:05:43 AM »
Yea

I doubt the offer is recent.  Link?
« Last Edit: May 06, 2014, 11:09:50 AM by LittleMurs »

No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

mileskishnish72

• All American
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2014, 12:05:46 PM »
I noticed earlier this week that he was still uncommitted.  ESPN lists Tex Tech, Tex A&M, Coastal Caroline, ME,Wichita, and GW besides MU. 24/7 lists only MU and indicates that the kid has a "cool" (low) level of interest. Jeez, he is 7 feet tall - with that rating you'd think there would be more interest.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2014, 12:05:56 PM »
I doubt the offer is recent.  Link?

Tweet from this morning.  I have no idea who True Golden Eagles is.

https://twitter.com/GoldenEagles_MU/status/463675582371221504

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2014, 12:10:29 PM »
Is he really already a legend???

:o

In his own mind?

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2014, 12:19:33 PM »
I noticed earlier this week that he was still uncommitted.  ESPN lists Tex Tech, Tex A&M, Coastal Caroline, ME,Wichita, and GW besides MU. 24/7 lists only MU and indicates that the kid has a "cool" (low) level of interest. Jeez, he is 7 feet tall - with that rating you'd think there would be more interest.

He enrolled at Chipola. Looked like he was going judo and then 3 years at a place after 2015. That was last I heard.
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

MU_MM08

• Walk-On
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2014, 12:21:04 PM »
Here's the scouting report on him from ESPN recruiting page. Surprised a big man that is ranked this highly according to scouts is still on the board this late in the recruiting season, but I'm all for him, sounds like a solid prospect.

4 Star - Scouts Grade of 80

Strengths:
Robertin is a long athletic post that is mobile. He has a good motor and runs the floor well. He has good hands and feet as well. Robertin is an above the rim finisher on the break and when he receives drop off passes created by dribble penetration. He rebounds well and blocks shot on or away from the ball. He touch is not bad and he can execute a right handed hook over his left shoulder. Robertin plays hard with good energy and urgency as well.

Weaknesses:
Robertin will need to continue to add strength and continue to develop his back to the basketball offense in order to take his game to the next level. He must also continue to get into game shape.

Bottom Line:
Robertin is an athletic post that patrols the lane. He defense is ahead of his offense at this stage of his game but has the touch and potential to be a good offensive player as well. Robertin has high major size and athletic ability and his upside is tremendous.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2014, 12:41:16 PM »
I like his parents' optimism.

Dawson Rental

• All American
« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2014, 12:41:43 PM »
Here's the scouting report on him from ESPN recruiting page. Surprised a big man that is ranked this highly according to scouts is still on the board this late in the recruiting season, but I'm all for him, sounds like a solid prospect.

Strengths:
Robertin is a long athletic post that is mobile. He has a good motor and runs the floor well. He has good hands and feet as well. Robertin is an above the rim finisher on the break and when he receives drop off passes created by dribble penetration. He rebounds well and blocks shot on or away from the ball. He touch is not bad and he can execute a right handed hook over his left shoulder. Robertin plays hard with good energy and urgency as well.

Weaknesses:
Robertin will need to continue to add strength and continue to develop his back to the basketball offense in order to take his game to the next level. He must also continue to get into game shape.

Bottom Line:
Robertin is an athletic post that patrols the lane. He defense is ahead of his offense at this stage of his game but has the touch and potential to be a good offensive player as well. Robertin has high major size and athletic ability and his upside is tremendous.

Bottom Line section = raw.

Kid is originally from England.  Was playing at Believe Prep Academy last December when Buzz offered.  Believe is a basketball only boarding school located in a house in Rock Hill, SC.  In a past post, IIRC, Sultan mentioned that it didn't have the best reputation.  Here's a promo for them on YouTube, house looks like it could use some paint.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tttq1Sx3_nQ

This could be an example of the type of Buzz recruit that was causing some concern with the administration.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2014, 12:45:47 PM by LittleMurs »

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2014, 01:08:43 PM »

Strengths:

Weaknesses:

Bottom Line:

ESPN doesn't like to edit their stuff before posting apparently.  Back to the basketball offense could be better?  Interesting.  I wonder how many people dominate offensively with their back to the basketball.  Also, he defense is ahead of his offense?  Nice.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

humanlung

• Team Captain
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2014, 01:45:44 PM »
Bottom Line section = raw.

Kid is originally from England.  Was playing at Believe Prep Academy last December when Buzz offered.  Believe is a basketball only boarding school located in a house in Rock Hill, SC.  In a past post, IIRC, Sultan mentioned that it didn't have the best reputation.  Here's a promo for them on YouTube, house looks like it could use some paint.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tttq1Sx3_nQ

This could be an example of the type of Buzz recruit that was causing some concern with the administration.

Best part of the video was the part where the "Advanced Math" textbook  (among others) looked like it was being used to prop up shoe boxes above the washing machine in the laundry room.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2014, 01:47:17 PM by humanlung »

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2014, 02:06:09 PM »
ESPN doesn't like to edit their stuff before posting apparently.  Back to the basketball offense could be better?  Interesting.  I wonder how many people dominate offensively with their back to the basketball.  Also, he defense is ahead of his offense?  Nice.

He offense be ahead of he defense.
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

chapman

• All American
« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2014, 02:16:54 PM »
Believe is a basketball only boarding school located in a house in Rock Hill, SC.

oh my

School Motto: "Get off my porch!"  "We're in the house!"
« Last Edit: May 06, 2014, 03:29:26 PM by chapman »

humanlung

• Team Captain
« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2014, 02:24:41 PM »
oh my

School Motto: "Get off my porch!"

Is the "Believe" in the name a request?

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2014, 02:47:38 PM »
oh my

School Motto: "Get off my porch!"

Looks inviting in a Norman Bates kind of way.....

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #20 on: May 06, 2014, 02:56:33 PM »
Legend was Bizz's safety plan if Otule didn't get his 7th year

🏀

• All American
« Reply #21 on: May 06, 2014, 02:58:28 PM »
There was a high school in a house right across from the Lofts when I lived there.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #22 on: May 06, 2014, 03:12:43 PM »
There was a high school in a house right across from the Lofts when I lived there.

2040 Lofts?  Yeah that was a high school when I was there as well.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

🏀

• All American
« Reply #23 on: May 06, 2014, 03:18:16 PM »
2040 Lofts?  Yeah that was a high school when I was there as well.

Yep.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #24 on: May 06, 2014, 07:05:50 PM »
Yep.

I don't know if the school is still there, but the sign certainly is.
Have some patience, FFS.