'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

45 minutes ago at the Dallas Westin by MuggsyB
[Today at 12:19:24 AM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by Plaque Lives Matter!
[Today at 12:10:57 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by CountryRoads
[Today at 12:05:42 AM]

Are we still recruiting anyone for the 24-25 season. by Don_Kojis
[Today at 12:04:21 AM]

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by MuggsyB
[Today at 12:01:08 AM]

Where is Marquette? by marqfan22
[March 28, 2024, 09:29:52 PM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by Daniel
[March 28, 2024, 08:47:22 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Barney's home for sale.  (Read 70504 times)

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
  • Ammo, clean shaven Ammo.
Re: Barney's home for sale.
« Reply #250 on: October 15, 2014, 11:12:52 AM »
If anything became clear from Buzz's MU exit, he is not necessarily motivated by rational thought. He is more motivated by fear of failure. Even if a couple million dollars are locked up in his old house, its probably worth it to him for the reduced expectations of his new job and not having to worry about performing at a high level for a few years. Seriously.

Buzz is truly a wildcard.

The dude just looks at the world differently than most.

Our logic need not apply.

Chicos' Buzz Scandal Countdown

• All American
« Reply #251 on: October 15, 2014, 11:21:29 AM »
I heard someone suggest that Buzz should donate the house to Marquette to be used for retreats.  Not a horrible idea if he'd go for it, but I can't see that getting through zoning.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYA9ufivbDw
"Half a billion we used to do about every two months...or as my old boss would say, 'you're on the hook for $8 million a day come hell or high water-.    Never missed in 6 years." - Chico apropos of nothing

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #252 on: October 15, 2014, 11:43:42 AM »

I don't get your point.  This isn't an anonymous quote or a "people say" thing. I know the woman who said this personally and I got it directly from her.
Have some patience, FFS.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #253 on: October 15, 2014, 09:23:20 PM »
I heard someone suggest that Buzz should donate the house to Marquette to be used for retreats.  Not a horrible idea if he'd go for it, but I can't see that getting through zoning.

maybe brent will call a presser to announce the donation.

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #254 on: October 16, 2014, 10:17:27 AM »

(Video on Fox News technique: "some people say")

I don't get your point.  This isn't an anonymous quote or a "people say" thing. I know the woman who said this personally and I got it directly from her.

I assume that his point was that it is ridiculous to suggest that Buzz would consider donating 2 million or so to an employer that he left when he felt that that employer left him no choice but to leave by not allowing him to do the things that were necessary for him to succeed.  And you put that statement out there without supporting it yourself or attributing to anyone else which made the statement very tricky to impeach.

Where the analogy breaks down is - as the video argues - this is a standard technique of Fox News while it was just one random post by you in the course of over 1800 posts.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #255 on: October 16, 2014, 10:23:52 AM »
You can tell all this from a handful of broker pictures? 

Yes, it is not that hard.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #256 on: October 16, 2014, 10:40:57 AM »
I assume that his point was that it is ridiculous to suggest that Buzz would consider donating 2 million or so to an employer that he left when he felt that that employer left him no choice but to leave by not allowing him to do the things that were necessary for him to succeed.  And you put that statement out there without supporting it yourself or attributing to anyone else which made the statement very tricky to impeach.

Where the analogy breaks down is - as the video argues - this is a standard technique of Fox News while it was just one random post by you in the course of over 1800 posts.

I don't know why you think Superlative can't post his own responses.

Have some patience, FFS.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #257 on: October 16, 2014, 11:00:14 AM »
maybe brent will call a presser to announce the donation.

Maybe he can donate the house to the Marquette soccer team which enjoys a proud tradition of financial support from former basketball coaches

Death on call

NersEllenson

• All American
« Reply #258 on: October 16, 2014, 12:54:03 PM »
Maybe he can donate the house to the Marquette soccer team which enjoys a proud tradition of financial support from former basketball coaches

Baziinggg.  Well played Keefe!
"I'm not sure Cadougan would fix the problems on this team. I'm not even convinced he would be better for this team than DeWil is."

BrewCity77, December 8, 2013

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #259 on: October 16, 2014, 03:09:41 PM »
I've had a Scoop related chuckle this week as the local news was reporting on a UConn alum (& former UConn soccer player) donating $8mil to UConn athletics to build an on-campus soccer facility.

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #260 on: October 16, 2014, 03:13:28 PM »
I watched a few highlights of Marquette's 0-1 loss to Butler from last night.  Wow, stop all fundraising elsewhere in the world and help the Bulldogs.  It looks like a Milwaukee Kickers U8 field.
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

Shark

• All American
« Reply #261 on: October 16, 2014, 03:20:30 PM »
Is it worth reading through this thread to see why it blew up? Or is this just one of those "the season needs to hurry up and start" bumps?

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #262 on: October 16, 2014, 04:07:20 PM »

Is there any evidence that either party would be interested in such a transaction?

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #263 on: October 16, 2014, 04:16:55 PM »

Is there any evidence that either party would be interested in such a transaction?

No.  Never said that there was.
Have some patience, FFS.

source?

• All American
« Reply #264 on: October 16, 2014, 05:23:08 PM »
Is it worth reading through this thread to see why it blew up? Or is this just one of those "the season needs to hurry up and start" bumps?

Nope. A couple of pages psychoanalyzing the ego of our former coach, a couple more lambasting him for wastefulness, some VPI jokes, a page or so about price reducing, and your general scoop off-topic posting. Move along. Nothing to see here.

source?

• All American
« Reply #265 on: October 16, 2014, 05:27:28 PM »
In Chick's defense, it seems people are interpreting her her should statement (opinion) as a would statement (fact). I think my landlord SHOULD give me a break on rent since I've made certain she gets the check a week before it is due every month for just shy of two years now. My landlord never WOULD do such a thing. Too bad.

Shark

• All American
« Reply #266 on: October 17, 2014, 12:53:35 AM »
Nope. A couple of pages psychoanalyzing the ego of our former coach, a couple more lambasting him for wastefulness, some VPI jokes, a page or so about price reducing, and your general scoop off-topic posting. Move along. Nothing to see here.

Thank you :)

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #267 on: December 14, 2014, 11:06:15 AM »
Bumstead unloaded the dump for $1.5

#donedeal
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #268 on: December 14, 2014, 11:42:40 AM »
Dropped the price by only $850,000 from the initial listing price.

'Never, did you leave a log in the master like Keefe recommended?

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #269 on: December 14, 2014, 11:49:24 AM »
Place was already full of chit
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #270 on: December 14, 2014, 01:45:57 PM »

Speaking of leaving a log in Bert's house, you think his manager forgot to stop by the house before they moved out to flush the toilet and that's why nobody's biting?
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #271 on: December 14, 2014, 07:53:21 PM »
Speaking of leaving a log in Bert's house, you think his manager forgot to stop by the house before they moved out to flush the toilet and that's why nobody's biting?

Coulda been the panic room, man. Any prospective buyer seeing that would have to wonder about the neighborhood.

Death on call

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #272 on: December 14, 2014, 08:04:52 PM »

I'd like to think that at least one intrepid Scooper or perhaps even D.J. Newbill gained access to the inner sanctum and deposited so toxic a stew in the upper tank that potential buyers were not only put off for months but forced Bert to accept a million dollars less for what became known as The Fixer Upper of Mequon.

F uck that guy.

Death on call

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #273 on: December 14, 2014, 08:07:44 PM »
Crash, I got outta The Quon so as not to be associated with this trailer trash scum bucket. Didn't want the sumbitch to take down all the property values before sellin'.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2014, 08:09:19 PM by 4everwarriors »
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #274 on: December 14, 2014, 08:12:36 PM »
Crash, I got outta The Quon so as not to be associated with this trailer trash scum bucket. Didn't want the sumbitch to take down all the property values before sellin'.

So, River Hills now, aina?