'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Barney's home for sale.  (Read 70810 times)

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
Re: Barney's home for sale.
« Reply #25 on: April 29, 2014, 11:37:54 PM »
You Might Be A Redneck (Who Hit the MF-ing Jackpot) If...

That's racist

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #26 on: April 30, 2014, 01:49:06 AM »
Yup.  

This one in Newport Beach, about the same price but only 2,800 square feet.  In Mequon you get an extra 15,000 square feet.

http://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/202-Agate-Ave_Newport-Beach_CA_92662_M29566-44128?row=3&source=web

Same price in Bellevue, WA for 3,400 sf High Rise Town Home (No indoor basketball court or tasteless bar)

http://www.estately.com/listings/info/10672-ne-9th-place--1

Death on call

sailwi

• All American
« Reply #27 on: April 30, 2014, 06:18:41 AM »
That is definitely upper end price in Milwaukee, especially if it is not on the lake.  Someone elsewhere said Ray Allen owned it before Buzz.  IIRC didn't Skile's buy Crean's old house.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #28 on: April 30, 2014, 07:44:42 AM »
That does it. 

I finally had to put Keefe on ignore.

Funny, his post makes me wanna shake his hand. Thata boy, Crash.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Freeport Warrior

• All American
« Reply #29 on: April 30, 2014, 08:00:55 AM »
If anyone living in Milwaukee has a hair on their ass they'll get a tour but leave an upper decker in the master sh1tter
Ignore au contraire — Thanks for the early morning lol

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #30 on: April 30, 2014, 08:02:15 AM »
That is definitely upper end price in Milwaukee, especially if it is not on the lake.  Someone elsewhere said Ray Allen owned it before Buzz.  IIRC didn't Skile's buy Crean's old house.

the listing estimates that it was built in 2010

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #31 on: April 30, 2014, 08:06:59 AM »

Yup.  Skiles musta liked Joanie's double wide decorating tastes.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #32 on: April 30, 2014, 08:49:57 AM »
Gotta admit it, Brent had a real nice place. But after knowing who the previous owner was, even if I had the money would not want to live in the same dwellings as him.

MUMonster03

• All American
« Reply #33 on: April 30, 2014, 09:07:38 AM »
The place probably wasn't big enough for his ego. 2.3M builds a much bigger house in Blacksburg.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #34 on: April 30, 2014, 09:19:01 AM »
Gotta admit it, Brent had a real nice place. But after knowing who the previous owner was, even if I had the money would not want to live in the same dwellings as him.

You don't like Ray Allen?

frozena pizza

• All American
« Reply #35 on: April 30, 2014, 09:20:28 AM »
I was hoping to see pictures of the garage painted Colorado State colors.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #36 on: April 30, 2014, 09:25:57 AM »
1st thought: DANG! I'm in the wrong line of work.

2nd thought: This seems kind of creepy ex-girlfriendish. "I saw you sold your house today. What already moving in with that whore? She'll never love you like I did."

TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

GOO

• All American
« Reply #37 on: April 30, 2014, 09:26:17 AM »
I know it is just me, so give me heck, but I believe in consuming less, rejecting materialism, that the more stuff you have leads to more complication, that leads to less happiness and less focus on what makes one happy.  I live way under our means and avoid conspicuous consumption.  It is the Jesuit/Buddhist principals that I follow and for other societal reasons in a culture where kids will kill someone over a pair of shoes.

I do find it odd, that people that act like good Christians and profess to  be good Christians, can freely spend a lot of $ on themselves for many reasons.  It seems incompatible to me.  Worse, is when they say and act like their good fortune is proof that God loves them or has "blessed" them, etc.  

So, I am disappointed to see how Bazz lived.  I just don't understand how living like that can be compatible with his professed beliefs.

Done with my rant for the day.  However, I do agree with the above that the place is very ugly with a LOT of odd angles. Good luck getting over 2M for that thing.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2014, 09:32:16 AM by GOO »

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #38 on: April 30, 2014, 09:29:20 AM »
I know it is just me, so give me heck, but I believe in consuming less, rejecting materialism, that the more stuff you have leads to more complication, that leads to less happiness and less focus on what makes one happy.  I live way under our means and avoid conspicuous consumption.  It is the Jesuit/Buddhist principals that I follow and for other societal reasons in a culture where kids will kill someone over a pair of shoes.

I do find it odd, that people that act like good Christians and profess to  be good Christians, can freely spend a lot of $ on themselves for many reasons.  It seems incompatible to me.  Worse, is when they say and act like their good fortune is proof that God loves them or has "blessed" them, etc.  

So, I am disappointed to see how Bazz lived.  I just don't understand how living like that can be compatible with his professed beliefs.

Don't with my rant for the day.  However, I do agree with the above that the place is very ugly with a LOT of odd angles. Good luck getting over 2M for that thing.

Bert said a lot of things that he didn't really mean

Death on call

humanlung

• Team Captain
« Reply #39 on: April 30, 2014, 09:35:15 AM »
Where's the still?

For $2.4 mil, I want me some of Curly's down-home copper pots.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #40 on: April 30, 2014, 09:36:06 AM »

Done with my rant for the day.  However, I do agree with the above that the place is very ugly with a LOT of odd angles. Good luck getting over 2M for that thing.

Judge not lest ye be judged.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #41 on: April 30, 2014, 09:36:55 AM »

Buzz could have easily afforded this house and still have plenty of money to give to charity. He earned his money honestly; he had every ethical and moral right to spend it in the way he saw fit.  
Have some patience, FFS.

Golden Avalanche

• All American
« Reply #42 on: April 30, 2014, 09:43:14 AM »

Dude, it's all bull$hit.

The key to life is to say what you want others to think you believe in long enough for you to fool yourself and only then is moral self-righteousness truly granted and a life above reproach worth living. Preferably, in a god awfully decorated house.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #43 on: April 30, 2014, 09:47:05 AM »
Crean previously lived in Stonefields. Skiles bought his crib. Ray Allen in Eastwyn Bay.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Avenue Commons

• All American
« Reply #44 on: April 30, 2014, 09:55:01 AM »
Here's what $2.5M gets you on Chicago's North Shore in the best school district. Nice house no doubt, but not much bigger than a Brookfield or Mequon McMansion.

http://www.redfin.com/IL/Kenilworth/202-Winnetka-Rd-60043/home/13783436
We Are Marquette

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #45 on: April 30, 2014, 09:55:26 AM »
Dude, it's all bull$hit.

The key to life is to say what you want others to think you believe in long enough for you to fool yourself and only then is moral self-righteousness truly granted and a life above reproach worth living. Preferably, in a god awfully decorated house.

Are we even sure this is Buzz's furniture?  This house doesn't even look like anyone is living in it any more.  This decorating might be "staged".  

Even so, they did a crappy job. And if this is Buzz's furniture, they should have put it storage and decorated with the type of furniture that most people with $2 million houses own.
Have some patience, FFS.

Badgerhater

• All American
« Reply #46 on: April 30, 2014, 10:00:41 AM »
Realtors rent furniture and stage it in houses like this one so ripping on it is shallow and just wanting to be a hater.

There are more houses in Mequon/River Hills area with gyms than you think.  If you are invited to play hoops in one do take advantage of the opportunity.

Buzz earned his money while at Marquette and in America you get to spend it how you want.   Speaking of "Jesuit principles", MU is going to spend a pile of money on a new Jes Res that will no doubt include plenty of a amenities for those who have taken a "vow of poverty".

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #47 on: April 30, 2014, 10:04:47 AM »
Buzz could have easily afforded this house and still have plenty of money to give to charity. He earned his money honestly; he had every ethical and moral right to spend it in the way he saw fit.  

Morality is not a financial equation. But there is no ethical justification for 6 people living in that monstrosity. Being able to afford has nothing to do with being responsible.

Death on call

barfolomew

• All American
« Reply #48 on: April 30, 2014, 10:08:02 AM »
Are we even sure this is Buzz's furniture?  This house doesn't even look like anyone is living in it any more.  This decorating might be "staged".  

Even so, they did a crappy job. And if this is Buzz's furniture, they should have put it storage and decorated with the type of furniture that most people with $2 million houses own.

Something tells me that even an amateur house stager would not have selected the blue and gold faux leather chairs in the billiards room...
« Last Edit: April 30, 2014, 10:10:46 AM by barfolomew »
Relationes Incrementum Victoria

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #49 on: April 30, 2014, 10:12:08 AM »
Something tells me that even an amateur house stager would not have selected the powder blue and gold faux leather chairs in the billiards room...

That ain't no billiards room! That's the fancy eatin' parlor!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/8g_LkfsIuFw?hl=en_US&amp;amp;version=3&amp;amp;rel=0" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/8g_LkfsIuFw?hl=en_US&amp;amp;version=3&amp;amp;rel=0</a>

Death on call