[Today at 10:29:19 AM]

NM by tower912
[Today at 08:24:31 AM]

D-I Logo Quiz by IL Warrior
[April 24, 2024, 09:57:20 PM]

Best case scenarios by We R Final Four
[April 24, 2024, 08:12:40 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Any Clash of Clan players here?  (Read 49400 times)

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
Re: Any Clash of Clan players here?
« Reply #125 on: August 24, 2014, 04:49:44 PM »
Thanks--will do.  Didn't see the part about TH level 6 when I first requested--my bad.  Am currently on my second day at level 5 and building as quick as I can.  I'll try again once I've gotten to 6.

Mental note .. as your TH goes higher, your raids are harder, loot smaller.  I have a new base that is at TH5 .. there's a lot to do, maxing out your mines, collectors, cannons, walls .. things are fun and easy at TH5, stay there until all are maxed. 

Same goes for TH6 and 7, etc, but you'll be at those levels for exponentially longer times. 

Having maxed your mines and collectors at TH5 will help you in the future.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #126 on: August 24, 2014, 07:01:52 PM »
Just finished maxing everything out at TH4, so I'm upgrading to TH5 today.

My base still hasn't been 3 starred. At what point do attackers start consistently getting the better of you?

🏀

• All American
« Reply #127 on: August 24, 2014, 10:05:16 PM »
Just finished maxing everything out at TH4, so I'm upgrading to TH5 today.

My base still hasn't been 3 starred. At what point do attackers start consistently getting the better of you?

We're in the same boat. Upgrade started yesterday.

Only times I've been the starred is by black magic users or whatever that is.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #128 on: August 24, 2014, 10:25:57 PM »
Your trophy level determines who you attack / who attacks you.

Clearly, there are some very high level guys who "drop" trophies, which has two effects .. first, their loot gained is small, but 2nd, the folks who attack them are lowly and have little chance.

One of my bases is at 900 .. less than half the attacks are from people who know what they are doing.   But to be honest, it doesn't matter at 900/TH5.   It's trivial to raid at that level, meaning you can get gold/elixir/trophies very quickly, easily.  Who cares if you get raided.

At the upper levels, it stings a lot more.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #129 on: August 25, 2014, 08:53:12 AM »
At the upper levels, it stings a lot more.

Does revenue generation really drop off at higher TH levels? I find that, right now, raiding easily generates enough income to keep my builders busy, whereas waiting for my mines/collectors has 1 or 2 guys sleeping most the time.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #130 on: August 25, 2014, 10:31:05 AM »
Does revenue generation really drop off at higher TH levels? I find that, right now, raiding easily generates enough income to keep my builders busy, whereas waiting for my mines/collectors has 1 or 2 guys sleeping most the time.

Generation doesn't drop off, but your raid losses increases significantly.... consider the following:

The "available" gold and elixir that can be raided is 20% of your storages and 50% of your collectors up to TH5... but the maximum amount that can be looted from your storages up to TH5 is 200,000.  After TH5, the percentage that can be looted from storages falls by 2% at each level but the cap rises by 50,000.  So if you have 1,000,000 or 5,000,000 gold/elixir in storage, an enemy can only collect 200,000.  However, it's very rare for a TH5 to have 1,000,000 in storage since upgrades at that level cost well under that amount.  But very few upgrades beyond TH8 can be had for under 3,000,000.  Even at TH8, to hit the cap of 350,000 only requires you have 2,500,000 in storage... which is not uncommon for a TH8 who is saving up for troop upgrades in the laboratory.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #131 on: August 25, 2014, 01:13:55 PM »
Skat .. mines/collectors provide a nice stream of income, no doubt.  But raids are 2x-5x more important / income producing.

I'm at TH8 and .. to upgrade my 3 mortars is gonna be like 5m in gold.  Oh, and then another 8m for 4 archer towers.  And I'm probably 10m behind in walls.  Not to mention, what, 15m in elixir to upgrade barbs, archers, giants, wallbreakers, gobs..

Problem is .. I'll bet I search between 10-50 times per attack, each one costing 580.  That's 6-29k of gold just to find a suitable base to attack.  There are times I'll go 50 and still won't find someone I want to attack, maybe it's 75.  I carry an army that cost about 60k in elixir, not to mention 90k in spells if things go south. 

Suddenly your awesome "profit" of 250k in loot isn't quite all that much.  Maybe a quarter of your attacks turn out awesome, lots do not as you get tired of hitting "next" waiting for that perfect loot base.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #132 on: August 25, 2014, 07:38:03 PM »
While you guys are holed up in your moms' basements, what real gamers spend their time on.  Nerds Rule!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zuysyazGMxc

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #133 on: August 26, 2014, 09:18:58 AM »

I shouldn't have said anything.

Some dude just dropped an army with healers on my lowly TH4 base. I had no chance.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #134 on: August 26, 2014, 04:59:36 PM »
While you guys are holed up in your moms' basements, what real gamers spend their time on.  Nerds Rule!

Real gamers don't go to Comic Con.  And of the Comic Conners, I'd venture to say that only a microfraction (like three of two hundred thousand) actually spend time on any of these girls, not without paying the price of admission at least.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #135 on: August 26, 2014, 05:42:24 PM »

I was there this year, it was quite a spectacle to be sure. 

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #136 on: August 26, 2014, 09:41:02 PM »
Real gamers don't go to Comic Con.  And of the Comic Conners, I'd venture to say that only a microfraction (like three of two hundred thousand) actually spend time on any of these girls, not without paying the price of admission at least.

Clearly Chicos and I are the only ones on here who know how to "game".  How is the sump pump rattle down there, Nerd?

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #137 on: August 27, 2014, 10:09:40 AM »
Clearly Chicos and I are the only ones on here who know how to "game".  How is the sump pump rattle down there, Nerd?

Ahhhh... you're talking about that kind of game.

Most oft-heard pick-up line at Comic Con 2014:
"Hey babe... you must have quite the cavity because I've got a terrible urge to fill it in."

reinko

• All American
« Reply #138 on: August 27, 2014, 10:51:39 AM »
Ahhhh... you're talking about that kind of game.

Most oft-heard pick-up line at Comic Con 2014:
"Hey babe... you must have quite the cavity because I've got a terrible urge to fill it in."

"do you come with the car?"  

Oh you.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #139 on: September 24, 2014, 01:24:16 PM »
Looks like we have 2 spots for new players, if anyone wants to join.  Search for MARQTTE.

Before we set a requirement of TH6 .. I think TH4 and 5 are OK too, as long as you are active.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #140 on: September 24, 2014, 02:21:56 PM »
If you're afraid of being too newbie, don't worry. You're probably not as bad as ZFB is!

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #141 on: September 24, 2014, 02:54:16 PM »
If you're afraid of being too newbie, don't worry. You're probably not as bad as ZFB is!

And if you want more unfiltered rants and shenanigans that can't be posted on MUscoop, check out the Clan's chat and website!
SS Marquette

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #142 on: September 26, 2014, 06:33:13 PM »
Cmon benny. Make the jump. JOIN USSSSS

🏀

• All American
« Reply #143 on: September 27, 2014, 12:56:53 PM »
I'm upgrading to level 6 right now.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #144 on: September 28, 2014, 10:51:22 AM »
Cmon benny. Make the jump. JOIN USSSSS

You do realize that I'd skew you into much more difficult clan war matchups?

You guys would be better off merging with us at some point.  We could use some decent mid-level guys.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #145 on: September 28, 2014, 07:29:23 PM »
Indeed.. I do not want to skew us higher .. really tired of the dragon wars necessary to 3 star our usual competition. 

I am dropping our TH6 minimum for that reason .. we had that mainly to prove that you weren't just a casual new player .. easier to just accept and boot people if they aren't using their attacks.

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #146 on: September 28, 2014, 07:45:13 PM »
You do realize that I'd skew you into much more difficult clan war matchups?

You guys would be better off merging with us at some point.  We could use some decent mid-level guys.

MERGE?

Will there be a name change?
SS Marquette

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #147 on: November 12, 2014, 05:37:28 PM »
Bump .. any more Marquette fans Clash of Clan players?  We're looking for new players who have recently started.   MARQTTE is the clan name.

Indeed, though, we don't need upper level guys, TH8 and up .. got too many of them, so the wars are problematic.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #148 on: November 24, 2014, 09:08:16 AM »
Cannot attack this week....sorry.  Don't have tablet with me and out of town.

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #149 on: November 24, 2014, 09:18:14 AM »
Does Clash of Clans have an equivalent to Kate Upton for Game of War?  I've been led to believe if I do that game instead of your game I have a chance with her.  I think I might go with that one.
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

feedback