[April 17, 2024, 11:14:56 PM]

Academic All Americans by AlumKCof93
[April 17, 2024, 10:44:57 PM]

Maximilian Langenfeld by withoutbias
[April 17, 2024, 10:44:37 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by WhiteTrash
[April 17, 2024, 07:24:33 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Malek Harris to KState  (Read 24846 times)

JakeBarnes

• All American
Malek Harris to KState
« on: April 23, 2014, 08:39:07 PM »
Report: Kansas State lands Top 100 forward Malek Harris http://t.co/32XUvY5IY4
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
Re: Malek Harris to KState
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2014, 08:45:06 PM »
« Last Edit: April 24, 2014, 02:32:02 AM by keefe »

Death on call

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2014, 08:47:59 PM »
Can't wait to see all the new guys on here question how Wojo would ever let this happen, he must not be ready to coach D1 basketball.

The dude was not welcome here. Best of luck to KState.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2014, 08:48:47 PM »
Didn't realize Bruce Weber is a former fireman.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2014, 08:55:26 PM »
That was good. Fire safety week at KSU.

HutchwasClutch

• All American
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2014, 08:59:29 PM »
Will be nice to talk again about incoming recruits finally and hopefully soon.  It's newsworthy, but tired of talking about where our former commits are going instead of MU.

MattyWarrior

• All American
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2014, 09:03:59 PM »
He won't last in college with all the distractions, I can't believe MU wanted him.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2014, 09:05:25 PM »
Will be nice to talk again about incoming recruits finally and hopefully soon.  It's newsworthy, but tired of talking about where our former commits are going instead of MU.

There it is!
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

WarriorHal

• All American
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2014, 09:06:14 PM »
"With the coaching carousel being what it is, recruiting tends to change during the spring based upon which coaches move where. With Buzz Williams making the move from Marquette to Virginia Tech, the players who originally committed to Marquette needed to determine their next course of action.

One of those players was combo forward Malek Harris, a talented prospect considered by many scouts to be a top 100 prospect. Wednesday evening it was reported by Evan Daniels of Scout.com that the Orland Park, Ill. native made his decision, verbally committing to attend Kansas State.

However, according to Jerry Meyer of 247Sports Harris will announce his decision on Mother’s Day."

According to 247Sports, Harris was scheduled to visit Va. Tech & Brent around the end of the month, so a decision on May 11 might be correct. I don't think a "verbal" commitment from this guy means much of anything. And in any event, it seems highly unlikely that MU is still in the running--or even wants him.  

MU Beaver

• Walk-On
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2014, 09:27:32 PM »
"With the coaching carousel being what it is, recruiting tends to change during the spring based upon which coaches move where. With Buzz Williams making the move from Marquette to Virginia Tech, the players who originally committed to Marquette needed to determine their next course of action.

One of those players was combo forward Malek Harris, a talented prospect considered by many scouts to be a top 100 prospect. Wednesday evening it was reported by Evan Daniels of Scout.com that the Orland Park, Ill. native made his decision, verbally committing to attend Kansas State.

However, according to Jerry Meyer of 247Sports Harris will announce his decision on Mother’s Day."

According to 247Sports, Harris was scheduled to visit Va. Tech & Brent around the end of the month, so a decision on May 11 might be correct. I don't think a "verbal" commitment from this guy means much of anything. And in any event, it seems highly unlikely that MU is still in the running--or even wants him.  

He won't land at V Tech either as Buzz is out of Scholarships for next year. All filled up. As far as Harris, the fact that the kid didn't play at all this year and is still considered a top100 kid he must have a ton of talent. Supposedly awesome on the glass and defensively. We shall see.

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2014, 11:12:45 PM »
I had to revisit why Frank Martin, who had a successful record at KSU, left for a bad SEC program in South Carolina.

The more I read about it, the more it kinda smacked of Buzz to VT: problems with the AD; violations and their "gray areas"; messing with happy.
http://www.sportsgrid.com/ncaa-basketball/did-the-jamar-samuels-controversy-cost-kansas-state-frank-martin/
SS Marquette

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2014, 01:50:39 AM »
He won't land at V Tech either as Buzz is out of Scholarships for next year. All filled up. As far as Harris, the fact that the kid didn't play at all this year and is still considered a top100 kid he must have a ton of talent. Supposedly awesome on the glass and defensively. We shall see.

See Erik Williams

mileskishnish72

• All American
« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2014, 05:43:56 AM »
Distractions at K State?

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2014, 06:17:10 AM »
See Erik Williams

Erik Williams didn't transfer because of basketball or academic reasons.

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2014, 06:23:38 AM »

I used to read virtually every post in the Hangin' at the Al section of scoop, I'm much more selective and as a result, happier now.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

Dawson Rental

• All American
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2014, 06:24:35 AM »
He won't last in college with all the distractions, I can't believe MU Buzz wanted him.

FIFY

No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

Dawson Rental

• All American
« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2014, 06:29:01 AM »

He missed his high school season.  These are becoming less and less relevant.  He didn't miss a beat on the AAU circuit, and that's where reputations are really made.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2014, 06:46:23 AM »
I used to read virtually every post in the Hangin' at the Al section of scoop, I'm much more selective and as a result, happier now.

+1

damuts222

• All American
    • Gangnam makes me loco
« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2014, 07:05:11 AM »
Well for his sake I hope he doesn't try to transfer from KState

http://cjonline.com/sports/2014-04-22/k-states-currie-explains-transfer-policy
Twitta Tracka of the Year Award Recipient 2016

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2014, 09:41:15 AM »
He was never coming here....
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

MikeDeanesDarkGlasses

• All American
  • "Seat belts On! We're Going For A Ride!"
« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2014, 09:58:39 AM »
Memes.com[/url]

Nukem2

• All American
« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2014, 09:59:25 AM »
He was never coming here....
Yeah, he didn't follow Buzz either.

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #22 on: April 24, 2014, 03:05:33 PM »
Erik Williams didn't transfer because of basketball or academic reasons.

Not what I was referring to.

Above was this comment about Malek Harris:

the fact that the kid didn't play at all this year and is still considered a top100 kid he must have a ton of talent.

Erik Williams also did not play his senior year (because of injury) and he too managed to keep his top 100 ranking despite no HS ball for a year.  Many here thought he would going to be so good that he would be an earlier entrant to the NBA draft.

The reality was the opposite.  He was a major disappointment and transferred to Sam Houston State and eventually quit basketball altogether.

Just because Malek is still considered a top 100 player without playing for a year should not be "extra impressive."  See Erik Williams.