[Today at 04:38:12 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Uncle Rico
[Today at 04:09:20 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by tower912
[Today at 02:42:24 PM]

Best case scenarios by Hards Alumni
[Today at 01:41:30 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Hallice Cooke (Oregon State)  (Read 17400 times)

Tugg Speedman

• All American
Re: Hallice Cooke (Oregon State)
« Reply #25 on: April 23, 2014, 10:23:59 AM »
You're the same guy who said sources told you a month ago that Marquette was under NCAA investigation, right? Only then didn't a compliance officer from Marquette come to Scoop and call your charade simply "unjust rumors and absolutely not true?"  :D Clown :D

With Wojo as our coach, there is a connection to Cooke. Also, I've started a thread about only two transfer possibilities since the coaching change with one of them inching closer to a MU uniform. We'll see on the second one.

Their was an investigation ... not an ncaa investigation (read: internal).  I never said what kind as I was not sure.  

And it is a really bad idea for compliance officers to log-on message boards to shoot down rumors.  Does that mean when she doesn't log-in and shoot down a rumor that it's true?

How should she handle it.  Ask the mods to delete it.  PM me and say to stop.  I would.

Finally, my comment was about starting 300 threads for all 300 announced transfers.  How does ripping me about a completely unrelated post from last month fit in this discussion?  You realize it says more about you and your inadequacies than me.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2014, 10:25:46 AM by Heisenberg »

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #26 on: April 23, 2014, 11:08:39 AM »
Their was an investigation ... not an ncaa investigation (read: internal).  I never said what kind as I was not sure.  

And it is a really bad idea for compliance officers to log-on message boards to shoot down rumors.  Does that mean when she doesn't log-in and shoot down a rumor that it's true?

How should she handle it.  Ask the mods to delete it.  PM me and say to stop.  I would.

Finally, my comment was about starting 300 threads for all 300 announced transfers.  How does ripping me about a completely unrelated post from last month fit in this discussion?  You realize it says more about you and your inadequacies than me.

She handled it exactly like she should have. We saw how rumors spread. We had major local news channels reporting Shaka Smart was Marquette's head coach based on a Tweet from an MU journalism student. If rumors pick up that Marquette is under NCAA investigation right as they are starting their coaching search you don't think some random media people are going to pick that up and that it can hurt the search? Heck, we saw somebody pick it up, and she also had to respond to him and shoot it down.

If more major NCAA violations are falsely rumored and that is picking up traction, then yes, I and sure she will shoot them all down individually. But how often is that going to happen? Anything less than a major violation (giving money or monetary gifts to recruits) and she won't have to address it, as nothing will ever come out to the public otherwise. So she might have to come on here twice in her time at MU? And it has already happened once now.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2014, 03:14:54 PM by wadesworld »
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Golden Avalanche

• All American
« Reply #27 on: April 23, 2014, 02:45:36 PM »

wadesworld already answered with my thoughts on your veritable Molotov cocktail last month. The reason I brought it up is you should dig a little and ask the right people why I'm starting discussions on possible transfers. I'm not out here willy nilly with silly threads about kids with no shot ending up at Marquette like Horford, Canty, et al. Thus, smart insider like yourself should know the names I posted about are being mentioned for real reasons beyond throwing darts in the wind.

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #28 on: April 23, 2014, 02:49:54 PM »
Ok, getting back on track ... why should we think Cooke has any interest in MU?

Please explain

Golden Avalanche

• All American
« Reply #29 on: April 24, 2014, 08:11:48 AM »
Ok, getting back on track ... why should we think Cooke has any interest in MU?

Please explain

Connection to Hurley. Always wanted Big East. Late bloomer similar to Tarin Smith this past season and offers reflected that. Can play close enough to home without being at home. Has expressed interest in the past for this type of setup. Also, no real threats as of yet on the roster. Most everyone is unproven. Fits a likely Wojo system of three guards emphasizing deep threat.

Transfers are like grade school dating, hearts and minds change hour to hour. Let's see if interest continues.

Jet915

• Starter
« Reply #30 on: April 24, 2014, 08:36:30 PM »
Alex Kline ‏@TheRecruitScoop 5m
Iowa St, Davidson, Auburn, Dayton, Butler, GTech, Minnesota, URI, Creighton, Rutgers & more inquired about Oregon St transfer Hallice Cooke.

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #31 on: April 25, 2014, 06:28:52 AM »
Alex Kline ‏@TheRecruitScoop 5m
Iowa St, Davidson, Auburn, Dayton, Butler, GTech, Minnesota, URI, Creighton, Rutgers & more inquired about Oregon St transfer Hallice Cooke.

So MU is not on his radar, and never was.  Has he ever set foot in the state of Wisconsin?  Can he find Milwaukee on a map?  And the "connection to Hurley always wanted tot Big East" was rationalizations with no basis in reality whatsoever.  Because everyone knows kids that "always wanted the Big East" go to Oregon State!

Quick search twitter for another random transfer name and start a thread about him too.  Stretch credibility to explain why he would consider MU.  Or pick one of the 300 that have already announced they are transferring.  We need a thread for all of them!  They are all coming here!

tompopsicle

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #32 on: April 25, 2014, 07:01:48 AM »
"& more".....could mean MU.....

MU82

• All American
« Reply #33 on: April 25, 2014, 07:14:32 AM »
So MU is not on his radar, and never was.  Has he ever set foot in the state of Wisconsin?  Can he find Milwaukee on a map?  And the "connection to Hurley always wanted tot Big East" was rationalizations with no basis in reality whatsoever.  Because everyone knows kids that "always wanted the Big East" go to Oregon State!

Quick search twitter for another random transfer name and start a thread about him too.  Stretch credibility to explain why he would consider MU.  Or pick one of the 300 that have already announced they are transferring.  We need a thread for all of them!  They are all coming here!

I get your point but, again, what harm does this thread or any similar thread do? If you don't like it, don't click on it and certainly don't comment on it.

As has already been explained, even 1,000 of these threads would not crash Scoop.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #34 on: April 25, 2014, 07:42:18 AM »
I get your point but, again, what harm does this thread or any similar thread do? If you don't like it, don't click on it and certainly don't comment on it.

As has already been explained, even 1,000 of these threads would not crash Scoop.

82 you're not new here, you know how this place works.

If we get enough threads about some random transfer name to MU, it is predictable what comes next ...

* What's wrong with Wojo?
* Why can't he close these guys?
* MU made a mistake in hiring him
* Brent was right, the New Big East is becoming a mid-major
* Oh the humanity!!

Avenue Commons

• All American
« Reply #35 on: April 25, 2014, 08:26:54 AM »
Can we stop with the Duke stuff? Did everything Crean do relate to Izzo? Did Everything Buzz do relate to Crean?

Seriously. It's not like the Hurley family has ANY connection to Duke. Can we stop with this already?
We Are Marquette

MU82

• All American
« Reply #36 on: April 25, 2014, 08:49:32 AM »

If we get enough threads about some random transfer name to MU, it is predictable what comes next ...

* Oh the humanity!!

I understand, but all of those posts are coming anyway. I'm always reluctant to litigate censorship. Someone starts a post that somebody else doesn't like and immediately it's, "Mods, let's shut this down now!"

That's overly dramatic, and I know that's not what you were advocating in this case, but I'm all about more opportunities for discourse, not fewer.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #37 on: April 25, 2014, 10:42:26 AM »

* Oh the humanity!!

HBerg, I love you man but I don't think you can be the one to criticize others for starting too many threads. You were chugging along at about a pace of 1 new thread per hour during the coaching search.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Golden Avalanche

• All American
« Reply #38 on: April 25, 2014, 11:31:15 AM »

Inquiries have been made. My friend coached Hallice his Freshman year. I've talked with Hallice before about college. Whether MU take it up, I don't know about that. There is no stretching here just like there wasn't on April 2nd when I was the first member to post about Carlino being a possible transfer.

I can understand why this bothers you so much. It's not as juicy as slanderously slinging mud about Marquette being under investigation but I leave that to the man who has started a thread nearly 1,000 times with 90% of them being utter useless crape.