'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Hats off to Wojo!  (Read 4044 times)

vacinator

• Walk-On
Hats off to Wojo!
« on: April 20, 2014, 06:25:21 PM »
It's Easter so I am thinking positive.  Sure it hurts to lose the recruits, especially Hill, but let's look at the positives.  All 9 players are coming back.  If Buzz had stayed MU would have lost at least 2 top 100 players, maybe more.  Wojo kept all the top returning players plus added Sandy.  The way I see it, MU maintains better roster stability plus and it gains one top 100 player with Wojo vs Buzz.   Without adding anyone else, next year MU will have 5 top 100 players that have 3 or more years of eligibility.

Jay Bee

• All American
Re: Hats off to Wojo!
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2014, 06:28:18 PM »
It's Easter so I am thinking positive.  Sure it hurts to lose the recruits, especially Hill, but let's look at the positives.  All 9 players are coming back.  If Buzz had stayed MU would have lost at least 2 top 100 players, maybe more.  Wojo kept all the top returning players plus added Sandy.  The way I see it, MU maintains better roster stability plus and it gains one top 100 player with Wojo vs Buzz.   Without adding anyone else, next year MU will have 5 top 100 players that have 3 or more years of eligibility.

It's only April. As of now all players are coming back. If they all do, we're in good shape.
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

Tums Festival

• All American
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2014, 06:56:28 PM »
It's only April. As of now all players are coming back. If they all do, we're in good shape.

I'm curious why so many people on this board are convinced a player or players will be transferring out of the program, even though all the current players have affirmed they'll be back next season. Is it because under TC and Brent we lost guys practically every year so it's expected or is there some sort of inside information that says some of the current guys are still not 100% on board? Again, asking out of curiosity.
"Every day ends with a Tums festival!"

tower912

• All American
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2014, 06:57:04 PM »

Yup.   Nobody knows how the bonding is going.   With nobody actually being in the wrong, it may just not be working out.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

MattyWarrior

• All American
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2014, 07:04:55 PM »
Agreed. I'm already impressed with the way SW managed the first 3 weeks or so. Keeping the team intact and holding on to
Sandy Cohen when Buzz is telling people thru his mouthpiece in the media that the BE is crap and the ACC is the best.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2014, 08:21:34 PM »
I'm curious why so many people on this board are convinced a player or players will be transferring out of the program, even though all the current players have affirmed they'll be back next season. Is it because under TC and Brent we lost guys practically every year so it's expected or is there some sort of inside information that says some of the current guys are still not 100% on board? Again, asking out of curiosity.

I'm not convinced a player or players will be transferring out. Nonetheless, I've been around college basketball enough to understand things can change.

In other words, I think making a definitive statement that all players are coming back at this point in time (and almost any date on the calendar) is getting too far ahead... it appears that all players are planning to come back? OK.
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

Earl Tatum

• All American
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2014, 03:19:48 PM »
It's been pretty dull on the board. Wish Wojo would start some 2014 recruiting. 3 schollies remaining.
Have to have quality though.

damuts222

• All American
    • Gangnam makes me loco
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2014, 03:25:00 PM »
It's been pretty dull on the board. Wish Wojo would start some 2014 recruiting. 3 schollies remaining.

It will be interesting to see who Wojo gets to round out the roster.  Not much has been reported.
Twitta Tracka of the Year Award Recipient 2016

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2014, 03:28:36 PM »

I'm sure he has done plenty of 2014 recruiting.  We just aren't hearing much about it. 

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2014, 03:31:46 PM »
No success searching for ACO Mark Phelps and his recruiting mentions:
1) His last tweet (retweet) was in late January
2) You have to sift through Westboro Baptist tweets
SS Marquette

MU82

• All American
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2014, 04:02:19 PM »
Agreed. I'm already impressed with the way SW managed the first 3 weeks or so. Keeping the team intact and holding on to
Sandy Cohen when Buzz is telling people thru his mouthpiece in the media that the BE is crap and the ACC is the best.

But ... but ... but ... he hasn't signed three 6-foot-11 studs yet! It's official: Wojo can't recruit big men either!!!!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson