[Today at 10:40:35 AM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by Galway Eagle
[Today at 10:35:41 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by PGsHeroes32
[Today at 10:14:22 AM]

Katz has MU in Final Four by Scoop Snoop
[Today at 09:51:44 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Trevon Bunch and Marlon Jones  (Read 17269 times)

muballbuster

• Walk-On
Trevon Bunch and Marlon Jones
« on: April 20, 2014, 10:38:42 AM »
Both of these players are currently still around for the class of 2014. 

Trevon Bunch 6'10 PF/C from Racine. 3 star
Can finish above the rim and blocks a lot of shots.
Looks like his top two were Marquette and Iowa state

Marlon Jones 6'9 PF/C from Chicago Orr 3 star
Runs the court really well.  Will block a shot or get a rebound and will outlet to lead a fast break where he gets the ball back for a dunk.
Looks like we were on him for a while but St. Johns, Baylor, Mizzou are currently all after him.
Top 10 in 2014 illinois class

I am curious to see if anyone has seen either play and what they think.

tower912

• All American
Re: Trevon Bunch and Marlon Jones
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2014, 10:41:55 AM »
I think Kenosha Warrior was advocating for Bunch a few months back.   It was pooh-poohed then. 
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

TedBaxter

• All American
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2014, 11:22:04 AM »
The last thing you want to do is reach to fill a roster. 
If You Aren't All In For Marquette Basketball, Move On

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2014, 11:42:40 AM »
The last thing you want to do is reach to fill a roster. 

So 2-star Satchel Pierce was a diamond in the rough and these 3-star guys are just bodies taking up space.

Why?

Stretchdeltsig

• All American
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2014, 11:47:00 AM »
If they're good, they're good.  Let Wojo decide.  Love their height.

TedBaxter

• All American
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2014, 11:50:59 AM »
What we don't know is what Wojo thought of the recruits.  He recruited Cohen back and is working Shayok hard.  Did he consider Hill and Pierce lost causes or maybe he thought he could do better than one or both.

I've seen Bunch play in summer ball and I've seen video of Jones.  I'll let the coaching staff decide what they think.

Some things you have to consider besides talent.  Do they have the academics to get into school?  Do they have the right attitudes to be able to play for the new coaching staff.  Are they team oriented who are going to fit in personality wise?

Bunch may be in the 2015 class and has moved around quite a bit the last few years.

http://phenomhoopreport.com/phenom-hoops-covers-mt-zion-varsity-vs-kennedy-charter/

I'm not so sure Wojo doesn't have one or two in mind right now.  We'll see.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2014, 11:57:27 AM by TedBaxter »

MU82

• All American
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2014, 12:09:07 PM »
What we don't know is what Wojo thought of the recruits.  He recruited Cohen back and is working Shayok hard.  Did he consider Hill and Pierce lost causes or maybe he thought he could do better than one or both.

I've seen Bunch play in summer ball and I've seen video of Jones.  I'll let the coaching staff decide what they think.

Some things you have to consider besides talent.  Do they have the academics to get into school?  Do they have the right attitudes to be able to play for the new coaching staff.  Are they team oriented who are going to fit in personality wise?

Bunch may be in the 2015 class and has moved around quite a bit the last few years.

http://phenomhoopreport.com/phenom-hoops-covers-mt-zion-varsity-vs-kennedy-charter/

I'm not so sure Wojo doesn't have one or two in mind right now.  We'll see.

The OP asked for opinions of those who saw either of these guys play. Are you afraid that by giving your opinion here you will somehow influence Wojo's thinking?

If you have an opinion, please share.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

TedBaxter

• All American
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2014, 12:14:03 PM »
Jones has potential to play at a high major level.  Bunch wasn't good enough when I saw him.

This is all I know of Jones.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bn3SXdWgb40
« Last Edit: April 20, 2014, 12:21:25 PM by TedBaxter »

MU82

• All American
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2014, 12:21:54 PM »
Jones has potential to play at a high major level.  Bunch wasn't good enough when I saw him.

This is all I know of Jones.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bn3SXdWgb40

Thanks!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Earl Tatum

• All American
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2014, 12:27:46 PM »
Got some interesting 2014 prospects not signed--- But still want QUALITY

3   Namon Wright 6-5 SG  California
2    Andre Adams 6-8 200 PF Arizona
1    Josh Cunningham 6-7 195 Wing Illinois
4    Marlon Jones 6-8  210  PF Illinois

Think Shayok would be a big help.

Open for opinions

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2014, 12:45:32 PM »
CTC got a tip from AZ and got a commitment from 7'0" Jeremiah April on Friday: http://www.idsnews.com/blogs/hoosierhype/?p=23337

Supposedly, MU was interested.
SS Marquette

Rockmic87

• Team Captain
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2014, 12:59:32 PM »
Cunningham is deciding next week. I think its a lil bit late to try to get him.  I think he's going to IU.

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2014, 02:40:25 PM »
I'm pretty sure that Trevon Bunch was not going to qualify if he finished at Horick which was the impetus behind his transfer to St. Louis Christian Academy.  I don't know if it was academics or just a better basketball program that got him to transfer again at the semester break to Mount Zion Christian Academy.   I'm not feeling good about Travon meeting the likely to graduate when his eligibility is through criteria for Marquette.  There was talk about Travon reclassifying to 2015 at the time of his transfer to St. Louis Christian Academy.

Don't know squat about Marlon Jones.  Whenever a player is still hanging around at this point in the year without a well documented recruiting battle going on, something is invariably amiss.  Often times the next thing you hear about them is as a JUCO prospect.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

TedBaxter

• All American
« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2014, 04:54:27 PM »
Got some interesting 2014 prospects not signed--- But still want QUALITY

3   Namon Wright 6-5 SG  California
2    Andre Adams 6-8 200 PF Arizona
1    Josh Cunningham 6-7 195 Wing Illinois
4    Marlon Jones 6-8  210  PF Illinois

Think Shayok would be a big help.

Open for opinions

Wright signed with Missouri and new Marquette assistant Mark Phelps was the lead recruiter.  Based on video, he is very good.

The one guy out there who I think would be a good recruit is 6-10 Idrissa Diallo of Los Angeles Cathedral High School.  Diallo was recently give his release by California after the coaching change.

Jet915

• Starter
« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2014, 05:14:05 PM »
Marlon Jones right now is considering St. John's, Tulane and Loyola Chicago.  Supposedly raw but can rebound.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2014, 05:33:41 PM »
I don't think SJU is interested in Jones any longer.  He was supposed to go on a visit last week but it was cancelled.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2014, 05:39:22 PM »
I don't think SJU is interested in Jones any longer.  He was supposed to go on a visit last week but it was cancelled.

The Savior has Risen today.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

tompopsicle

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2014, 06:00:58 PM »
Whatever happened to Legend Robertin? Last I saw, MU was the only one to offer him.

Earl Tatum

• All American
« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2014, 07:59:52 PM »
A couple of U. of Houston transfers--Danuel House 6-7 , TaShawn Thomas 6-8. Fighting to be eligible
2014-2015.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2014, 08:10:39 PM »
Whatever happened to Legend Robertin? Last I saw, MU was the only one to offer him.

I think his prep school is extremely questionable.

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2014, 08:18:19 PM »
I don't think SJU is interested in Jones any longer.  He was supposed to go on a visit last week but it was cancelled.

Makes sense. Obekpa is back.
SS Marquette

KenoshaWarrior

• All American
« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2014, 08:31:16 PM »
I'm pretty sure that Trevon Bunch was not going to qualify if he finished at Horick which was the impetus behind his transfer to St. Louis Christian Academy.  I don't know if it was academics or just a better basketball program that got him to transfer again at the semester break to Mount Zion Christian Academy.   I'm not feeling good about Travon meeting the likely to graduate when his eligibility is through criteria for Marquette.  There was talk about Travon reclassifying to 2015 at the time of his transfer to St. Louis Christian Academy.

Don't know squat about Marlon Jones.  Whenever a player is still hanging around at this point in the year without a well documented recruiting battle going on, something is invariably amiss.  Often times the next thing you hear about them is as a JUCO prospect.

That is pretty much correct and pretty much what the Horlick Coach was telling met at Summer School last year. 
Bunch has a large ceiling but also could be a complete bust.    At best he can be like what  Obekpa is for St. Johns, at worst he is a D2 Bench Warmer.   

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2014, 08:48:50 PM »
Sultan--you are going to be very busy responding to the lack of quality posts on here. You have your work cut out for you.

DanceHallPlayer

• Walk-On
« Reply #23 on: April 20, 2014, 11:32:03 PM »

I believe he has enrolled at Chipola Junior College, planning to play there one year and transfer to D1.
file:///C:/Users/dhoughton/AppData/Local/Microsoft/Windows/Temporary%20Internet%20Files/Content.IE5/P45VEX3L/White%20Guy%20Cant%20Jump.gif

DanceHallPlayer

• Walk-On
« Reply #24 on: April 20, 2014, 11:37:29 PM »
Wright signed with Missouri and new Marquette assistant Mark Phelps was the lead recruiter.  Based on video, he is very good.

The one guy out there who I think would be a good recruit is 6-10 Idrissa Diallo of Los Angeles Cathedral High School.  Diallo was recently give his release by California after the coaching change.

I brought up Diallo in another thread. The guy is apparently pretty raw, but has a major league body on him and is a good student. Read he had a 3.8 GPA.
file:///C:/Users/dhoughton/AppData/Local/Microsoft/Windows/Temporary%20Internet%20Files/Content.IE5/P45VEX3L/White%20Guy%20Cant%20Jump.gif