'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

2024 Coaching Carousel by The Lens
[Today at 05:12:28 AM]

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by Plaque Lives Matter!
[Today at 01:02:54 AM]

45 minutes ago at the Dallas Westin by MuggsyB
[Today at 12:19:24 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by CountryRoads
[Today at 12:05:42 AM]

Are we still recruiting anyone for the 24-25 season. by Don_Kojis
[Today at 12:04:21 AM]

Where is Marquette? by marqfan22
[March 28, 2024, 09:29:52 PM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by Daniel
[March 28, 2024, 08:47:22 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Happy Easter Coach Wojo  (Read 1492 times)

dgies9156

• All American
Happy Easter Coach Wojo
« on: April 19, 2014, 09:54:56 PM »
Coach Wojo:

Congratulations on making it through the first few weeks at Marquette. You seem to be saying and doing the right things and, as I warned you back when, nothing will make at least 10% of this board happy, ever. So in case you are missing Scoop, and judging from your recruiting schedule, you are, let us bring you up to date!

1)   We expect instant gratification. We’re glad you’re here. Now what. Most of us think you should be able to get to Michigan without benefit of a boat or going around the lake through Chicago and Indiana. We’re disappointed that we don’t have Jabbari Parker opting to not enter the NBA, transfer from Duke and follow you to Marquette. We’re disappointed that stabilizing and rebuilding a basketball program is not a push-button exercise that happens in 60 seconds or less. We’ll get over it in time, but don’t be surprised if some carping erupts across the next few weeks.
2)   We Should Have Kept Our 2014 Class. Yes, most posters think that especially Ahmad Hill (and I probably spelled his first name wrong), should have stayed. That some how, despite all logic to the contrary, athletes don’t transfer after a coaching change and you should keep all of our recruits. We know that did not happen the last time our coach left so why should it happen now? It should because, well, you do walk on water, right?
3)   You haven’t Left Yet? Yeah, I warned you about this one too! Anyone who was graduated in the last 10 years thinks you’re here for a nanosecond. I personally am glad you’re still here. Means the restaurants in Milwaukee are improving. Also means you must not be as good as your pedigree (hint: lots of us don’t believe this).
4)   Guess What, No Transfers… Yeah, we’re actually happy to see this. We think the cupboard is far from bare and as long as our starting line up averages more than 12 points a game, you’ll be a BIG improvement. This one actually excites us all and we think that some of the guys are going to be simply great. When we read they’re playing basketball with you, we’re also excited.
5)   Next year’s Record. There’s a lot of debate on this one. One pessimist things we’re going to win fewer games than the Washington General have against the Harlem Globetrotters. Thinks we don’t have a center. Thinks we lack cohesion. See, I told you we’ve been through some hard times!
6)   Bucky Badger aint a national champion. Yeah, this one was close and some of us were really scared that Bo would pull a rabbit out of his hat. He didn’t and all of us can breathe a collective relief. For us, it’s like UNC winning a national championship for you.

Get that team in shape, get the recruiting done and the rest will take care of itself. Right scoopers? 

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
Re: Happy Easter Coach Wojo
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2014, 10:18:42 PM »
Happy Easter to you, Coach Wojo, and your family!
SS Marquette

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2014, 10:21:20 PM »
And on Monday, happy Dyngus Day too.

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2014, 03:13:20 PM »
And on Monday, happy Dyngus Day too.

From Wikipedia:

"Traditionally, boys throw water over girls and spank them with p*ssy willow branches on Easter Monday..."

The girls get to respond in kind on Tuesday.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2014, 03:15:16 PM by LittleMurs »
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

feedback