[Today at 04:38:52 PM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by THRILLHO
[Today at 04:05:24 PM]

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by NickelDimer
[Today at 03:31:19 PM]

10 years after “Done Deal” … It’s Happening! by The Sultan of Semantics
[Today at 03:24:51 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: MU 2015 recruiting class  (Read 10272 times)

Aircraftcarrier

• Team Captain
MU 2015 recruiting class
« on: April 19, 2014, 06:10:46 AM »
Looking for a great class just like O'Neill and Crean in their first year.O'Neill brought in McIlvaine,Key,Logterman and Brakes.Crean had Merritt,Sanders,Blankson and Wade.Hoping for a breakout class.

Tugg Speedman

• All American
Re: MU 2015 recruiting class
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2014, 06:36:24 AM »
Looking for a great class just like O'Neill and Crean in their first year.O'Neill brought in McIlvaine,Key,Logterman and Brakes.Crean had Merritt,Sanders,Blankson and Wade.Hoping for a breakout class.

Wasn't the breakout class last year with JJJ, Burton, Duane and Dawson?  One of the higher ranked classes in history.

The Equalizer

• All American
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2014, 12:51:11 PM »
Wasn't the breakout class last year with JJJ, Burton, Duane and Dawson?  One of the higher ranked classes in history.

Buzz's first full-year class was rated higher--Maymon, Erik Williams, Cadougan, DJO, Buycks, Mbao--and would be the same relative timing as when O'Neill brought in McIlvaine, Key, Logterman and Crean's class of Merritt, Sanders, Blankson and Wade.

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2014, 03:12:13 PM »
Buzz's first full-year class was rated higher--Maymon, Erik Williams, Cadougan, DJO, Buycks, Mbao--and would be the same relative timing as when O'Neill brought in McIlvaine, Key, Logterman and Crean's class of Merritt, Sanders, Blankson and Wade.

Maymon - transferred
EWill - bust
Cadougan - warrior
DJO - warrior
Buycks - warrior
Mbao - bust

3 for 6. And the best ones were Jucos. In fact, the best ones he's ever had to finish their career, aside from Blue, were Jucos.
SS Marquette

The Equalizer

• All American
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2014, 04:50:05 PM »
Maymon - transferred
EWill - bust
Cadougan - warrior
DJO - warrior
Buycks - warrior
Mbao - bust

3 for 6. And the best ones were Jucos. In fact, the best ones he's ever had to finish their career, aside from Blue, were Jucos.

It was still rated highly at the time.

If we're going go beyond ranking ranking, but consider actual results, then 2013 is only 1 for 5 right now.
--McKay transferred
--JJJ, Dawson and Duane are still question marks
--only Burton has truly proven himself. 

Sylvester78

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2014, 05:31:42 PM »
Last year's class will still be great. JJJ Dawson are good.  Burton is GREAT.  Losing McKay hurt.
We'll be fine. A coach with a conscience will be a refreshing change.

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2014, 06:25:48 PM »
Last year's class will still be great. JJJ Dawson are good.  Burton is GREAT.  Losing McKay hurt.
We'll be fine. A coach with a conscience will be a refreshing change.

Are you sure?  Shouldn't we have a coach who signs any warm body he can for next year with our three open scholarships and then tells all three guys to get lost next spring so he can sign better players?  Doesn't recruiting with an conscience mean that Marquette is essentially self imposing a scholarship limitation on itself?
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

Big Daddy Z

• Starter
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2014, 06:40:26 PM »
I don't think Wojo has a clue about recruiting and 15 will not be a great class. And I'm NOT impressed with the asst coaches who tend to be the leads in recruiting. Very vanilla and nothing special is what I see.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2014, 06:48:13 PM »
BDZ, I think that is all of scoop's worst fear.    But we are whistling past the graveyard trying not to think about it.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2014, 06:51:44 PM »
nm
« Last Edit: April 19, 2014, 10:14:44 PM by jesmu84 »

Blackhat

• All American
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2014, 07:02:33 PM »
I don't think Wojo has a clue about recruiting and 15 will not be a great class. And I'm NOT impressed with the asst coaches who tend to be the leads in recruiting. Very vanilla and nothing special is what I see.

Wojo'sMojo

• All American
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2014, 07:03:32 PM »
Is this a different Big Daddy than the one that is dialed in? In any event, I don't know how Wojo wouldn't have a clue about recruiting when he's around McD's AA's and Duke competes for the top recruits year after year. I would think he has lots of knowledge on how the process works and am doubtful he has no clue. Maybe he turns out to not be a great recruiter, but he at least knows how to go about it. He obviously was put behind the 8 ball for 2014 recruiting, but I don't really see how he has been proven to be an ineffective recruiter so far.

Blackhat

• All American
« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2014, 07:06:03 PM »
When Wojo was on staff without Nate James and Capel it was honkeyville at Duke.   

Don't know about that Phelps guy but...

Carrawell has no recruiting experience....is he supposed to be a good recruiter cause he's black?   Just dumb, let Carrawell show he's got something at Southern Illinois first.    He better get some momentum with this third assistant.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2014, 07:08:31 PM »
The next time Bozo recruits a McD AA, will be the first time.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2014, 07:34:37 PM »
Big Daddy has spoken. And I don't like the result. Not what he said, but what it implies about Wojo, the coaching staff and the future of MU bball.

That's not THE Big Daddy

Death on call

Tums Festival

• All American
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2014, 07:43:28 PM »

This your analysis after Wojo's been on the job 18 days. Since you're so good at seeing into the future, please go buy me the winning Powerball ticket.
"Every day ends with a Tums festival!"

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2014, 07:49:57 PM »

Yes. Give JJJ, MBD and Duane a season to play some together. MU can be a good team this season. And those guys have years left. 2015 is important, but the program has a solid base of guys if all stay at MU for a few years.
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2014, 08:06:57 PM »
Big Daddy has spoken. And I don't like the result. Not what he said, but what it implies about Wojo, the coaching staff and the future of MU bball.

The insider Big Daddy is Big Daddy84

This is Big Daddy Z ... An idiot troll

buckchuckler

• All American
« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2014, 08:14:46 PM »
Look big daddy, its regular daddy

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2014, 09:11:43 PM »
Whol' lotta penis talk goin' on.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

MU82

• All American
« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2014, 12:12:30 AM »

Carrawell has no recruiting experience....is he supposed to be a good recruiter cause he's black?   Just dumb, let Carrawell show he's got something at Southern Illinois first.    He better get some momentum with this third assistant.

You have spoken, failure is imminent and we'd better fire Wojo and his staff right now.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2014, 12:14:14 AM »

You aren't very smart are you?
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2014, 01:43:36 AM »

(broken record alert!)

Izzo said the average basketball fan cannot remember anything but the last three weeks.

Next week Wojo has been the head coach for three weeks.  And so far no recruits.  (Never mind Cohen staying and no transfers, that was almost three weeks ago, might as well be talking about 2011).

So, why are we surprised we are getting these posts?

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #23 on: April 20, 2014, 03:39:42 AM »

No
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Tums Festival

• All American
« Reply #24 on: April 20, 2014, 07:13:04 AM »
(broken record alert!)

Izzo said the average basketball fan cannot remember anything but the last three weeks.

Next week Wojo has been the head coach for three weeks.  And so far no recruits.  (Never mind Cohen staying and no transfers, that was almost three weeks ago, might as well be talking about 2011).

So, why are we surprised we are getting these posts?

Great point!

And not only no recruits, but why wasn't he able to persuade Duke's class to come here with him. Guess Wojo can't recruit.
"Every day ends with a Tums festival!"