'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Breakfast with Buzz tomorrow  (Read 7038 times)

HutchwasClutch

• All American
Breakfast with Buzz tomorrow
« on: April 18, 2014, 09:39:19 PM »
Will Buzz close the deal tomorrow morning? 

http://www.dailyprogress.com/newsvirginian/sports/tech-hopes-to-score-big-on-recruiting-trail/article_4120362a-c750-11e3-8c8e-0017a43b2370.html

I don't know why I care honestly, but kind of intriguing to see how the Brent in Hokie land era kicks off.  So far, I've got to be thinking Hokie nation is thinking what was all this fuss about?  He's landed one assistant coach in 4 weeks on the job down there.

Groin_pull

• All American
Re: Breakfast with Buzz tomorrow
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2014, 09:54:38 PM »
I don't know why you care either.

HutchwasClutch

• All American
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2014, 10:02:12 PM »

And now I need to post with the obligatory response to someone stating they don't care about a topic... But you clicked on the post and then posted yourself, so you must care too!  

LAZER

• All American
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2014, 10:27:27 PM »
I'm guessing VT fans are more interested in the Spring game than Buzz's recruiting

Avenue Commons

• All American
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2014, 10:29:12 PM »
Is this the longest sentence ever written?:

"Both Hill and Pierce originally committed to Marquette, where Williams coached for six years, taking the Golden Eagles to the Sweet 16 twice and the Elite 8 once, before accepting the job at Virginia Tech last month, replacing James Johnson."
We Are Marquette

chapman

• All American
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2014, 10:42:26 PM »

Proust had been reincarnated as a sports writer at an obscure newspaper in Virginia.  Unfortunately, sentence length seems to be all that they have in common.

Avenue Commons

• All American
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2014, 10:51:00 PM »
Perhaps the writer can utilize Haiku?
We Are Marquette

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2014, 11:01:49 PM »
Perhaps the writer can utilize Haiku?

Gesundheit.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2014, 11:16:40 PM »
The greatest recruiting breakfast story of all time was when Al met Earl Tatum at the hotel dining room the first morning of his visit to MU. Tatum had finished eating and as they sat at the table chatting and drinking coffee Al reached over and began to pick at Tatum's leftover bacon. Tatum said that until that moment he was leaning towards signing with Indiana but he was struck by how natural and genuine was Al that he knew then he had to play for that man.   

Death on call

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2014, 11:45:06 PM »
The greatest recruiting breakfast story of all time was when Al met Earl Tatum at the hotel dining room the first morning of his visit to MU. Tatum had finished eating and as they sat at the table chatting and drinking coffee Al reached over and began to pick at Tatum's leftover bacon. Tatum said that until that moment he was leaning towards signing with Indiana but he was struck by how natural and genuine was Al that he knew then he had to play for that man.   

I'd forgotten that story, keefe.  It's a great one, thanks for bringing it back to mind.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2014, 08:29:44 AM »
Reservations at the Waffle House, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

KenoshaWarrior

• All American
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2014, 09:02:14 AM »

I care because he did so much for Marquette, and even more importantly for children with special needs.   
Unless you have a child/nephew/student who has special needs you will never understand how great it was to have someone actually treat them as kids and not some BS pandering.     
The funny thing I have noticed is that the more 'troubled' or 'misbehaved' a student student is at my school, the better the are at getting along with special needs students.   Some of my worst behaved students are the best at making actual friendships with these students. 
Buzz was a misfit and because of that he was able to interact better with special needs children.   
I am so sick of the buzz bashing on here.

Golden Avalanche

• All American
« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2014, 09:57:08 AM »
I care because he did so much for Marquette, and even more importantly for children with special needs.   
Unless you have a child/nephew/student who has special needs you will never understand how great it was to have someone actually treat them as kids and not some BS pandering.     
The funny thing I have noticed is that the more 'troubled' or 'misbehaved' a student student is at my school, the better the are at getting along with special needs students.   Some of my worst behaved students are the best at making actual friendships with these students. 
Buzz was a misfit and because of that he was able to interact better with special needs children.   

Well, saddle up sally. If Crean is anything to go on, people will be crushing Buzz long into the future. You're going to have to deal with it or run away and never come back.

AirPunches

• All American
« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2014, 10:26:49 AM »

If Buzz was truly a good guy, he would not have begged his butt buddy Parrish to get CBS to air all he has done for Buzz' Bunch on national tv. He knew he was gone at that point and had a small window to get that video shown. It was such an awkward time and made no sense. Buzz' Bunch was originally all about the kids but eventually became all about Buzz. He had to make sure everyone knew HE was the one that was helping the kids.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2014, 10:33:00 AM »
If Buzz was truly a good guy, he would not have begged his butt buddy Parrish to get CBS to air all he has done for Buzz' Bunch on national tv. He knew he was gone at that point and had a small window to get that video shown. It was such an awkward time and made no sense. Buzz' Bunch was originally all about the kids but eventually became all about Buzz. He had to make sure everyone knew HE was the one that was helping the kids.

You have never used some good deeds you have done as a selling point? Because I definitely have habitat for humanity on my resume and I mention all the community service I do on first dates.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

WI inferiority Complexes

• Team Captain
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2014, 10:35:13 AM »

"Both Hill and Pierce originally committed to Marquette, where Williams coached for six years, taking the Golden Eagles to the Sweet 16 twice and the Elite 8 once, before accepting the job at Virginia Tech last month, replacing James Johnson."

That the William Faulkner version.  The Ernest Hemingway version is "Buzz left."

MUsoxfan

• Team Captain
« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2014, 10:42:38 AM »
You have never used some good deeds you have done as a selling point? Because I definitely have habitat for humanity on my resume and I mention all the community service I do on first dates.

Sounds like a recipe for lots of first dates

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2014, 10:55:24 AM »
The Ernest Hemingway version is "Buzz left."

"Buzz left. Good."

Death on call

Tums Festival

• All American
« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2014, 11:00:15 AM »

Totally agree! Five days after that piece aired Brent was on his way out of town. Was he thinking about those kids then? I haven't read any stories that he's moving all those families to Virginia, so no he wasn't. That piece was nothing more than self-serving PR to boost his profile. Hey, it got him on CBS's tournament coverage the following week!
"Every day ends with a Tums festival!"

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2014, 12:39:44 PM »
“I really like it,” Pierce said of Tech. “I've been sold on Buzz’s plan since November when I first signed to Marquette."

So he DID plan on leaving MU earlier in the season and tanked on purpose!
SS Marquette

tower912

• All American
« Reply #20 on: April 19, 2014, 12:40:38 PM »
Nope.   His way of saying that his commitment was to Buzz, not Marquette. 
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #21 on: April 19, 2014, 07:48:09 PM »
Nope.   His way of saying that his commitment was to Buzz, not Marquette. 

An assumption. Quite frankly, this is the man on the grassy knoll. The woman in the polka dot dress. Bert knew in November that his days at MU were numbered and he actively tanked the season. Satchel Paige confirms our worst fears.

Death on call

tower912

• All American
« Reply #22 on: April 19, 2014, 08:20:42 PM »
An assumption. Quite frankly, this is the man on the grassy knoll. The woman in the polka dot dress. Bert knew in November that his days at MU were numbered and he actively tanked the season. Satchel Paige confirms our worst fears.

You mean meaningless things seized on by conspiracy theorists?   I'll buy that. 
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #23 on: April 19, 2014, 08:31:53 PM »
You do not purposely tank a job, if you want to stay in college basketball.

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #24 on: April 19, 2014, 08:33:55 PM »
You do not purposely tank a job, if you want to stay in college basketball.

Brent did and he still is

feedback