Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by Plaque Lives Matter!
[Today at 01:02:54 AM]

45 minutes ago at the Dallas Westin by MuggsyB
[Today at 12:19:24 AM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by Plaque Lives Matter!
[Today at 12:10:57 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by CountryRoads
[Today at 12:05:42 AM]

Are we still recruiting anyone for the 24-25 season. by Don_Kojis
[Today at 12:04:21 AM]

Where is Marquette? by marqfan22
[March 28, 2024, 09:29:52 PM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by Daniel
[March 28, 2024, 08:47:22 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Ahmed Hill released from LOI  (Read 14223 times)

MUfan12

• All American
Re: Ahmed Hill released from LOI
« Reply #50 on: April 17, 2014, 10:02:53 AM »
Maybe Wojo wasn't completely sold on Hill and that came across to Hill.

I think there is way too much hand wringing about recruits. It is a loss to be sure, but there are other players. Who knows how any of these guys will turn out.

Agree with all of this, especially the second part.

We don't know what Wojo wants in a player. Maybe there was a red flag in their conversation for him, or Ahmed. Never know.

This is all part of the dance with a coaching change. Can't hold it against the kid, or the coach.

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #51 on: April 17, 2014, 10:21:31 AM »
I disagree.  I hope he does, he obviously has a relationship with Buzz and that is what matters.   Say what you want but Buzz has been a mentor to many young men, and is a positive role model.   

Can we have one day on this board without bashing Buzz or Crean.   

I'm sure we can.  We'll just have keefe go into play ground bully mode so he find a bunch of pictures of men who are fat, ugly and wearing garish, ridiculous looking clothes which he can post, telling everyone that they are pictures of you.

Actually, after this post, I'm sure that keefe will want to say that they are pictures of me.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

Dawson Rental

• All American
« Reply #52 on: April 17, 2014, 10:28:18 AM »
This is a loss for the Program. he said he would go to MU, unless he heard something he did not like when talking to Wojo. Wonder what it was?

Thanks for pointing that that this was a loss for the Program.  I really appreciate how you were able to expand that observation to make your first veiled attack on Coach Wojo after only 16 days. (Unless, of course, I've missed an earlier attack)

No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #53 on: April 17, 2014, 10:29:08 AM »
Matt Carlino might be solid option.

Do we really want to take a chance with another Mormon?

Death on call

VegasWarrior77

• All American
« Reply #54 on: April 17, 2014, 10:32:59 AM »
We don't need a guard for the short term.  We need a 4 & 5.
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." Albert Einstein

esotericmindguy

• All American
« Reply #55 on: April 17, 2014, 10:33:48 AM »
Agree with all of this, especially the second part.

We don't know what Wojo wants in a player. Maybe there was a red flag in their conversation for him, or Ahmed. Never know.

This is all part of the dance with a coaching change. Can't hold it against the kid, or the coach.

No one is holding anything against either party. But to act like Wojo didn't want him is absurd. Offers from Marquette, Missouri, Clemson, UConn, Florida, Florida State, UGA, Georgia Tech, Kansas, Indiana, Miami, Mississippi State, N.C. State, Ole Miss, Texas, Villanova, Virginia Tech, VCU, Tennessee and South Carolina. Your kidding yourself if you think Wojo didn't want him. Red Flag? These are big time programs, pretty arrogant to think that he's good enough for them but not the Great Marquette University. I'm confident MU, with 3 open scholarships, could find room. Jeesh.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #56 on: April 17, 2014, 10:35:33 AM »
Doubt very much if WoJo ever goes the juco route. Cut from a different cloth than Bart.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #57 on: April 17, 2014, 10:35:46 AM »
My instinct is that Wojo probably turned him down at Duke.

he said he would go to MU, unless he heard something he did not like when talking to Wojo. Wonder what it was?

AH: "You wouldn't give me the time of day at Duke and now I'm your best f cuking friend. What's up with that?"

CW: "I had much better players than you wanting to play at Duke. You were my 9th option, at best."

AH: "I don't like what you just said!"

Death on call

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #58 on: April 17, 2014, 10:37:42 AM »
This is a loss for the Program. he said he would go to MU, unless he heard something he did not like when talking to Wojo. Wonder what it was?

He may have told Ahmed that he'd have to put up with you posting on this board.

In the future, Wojo probably needs to refrain from mentioning that given the damage it can cause.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #59 on: April 17, 2014, 10:38:25 AM »
you're saying Wojo cooled on him?

This is BS. She's wearing a wedding ring

Death on call

Dawson Rental

• All American
« Reply #60 on: April 17, 2014, 10:41:11 AM »
Do we really want to take a chance with another Mormon?

I'm generalizing, I know, but it seems to me that being "Mormon" would have made a player less, not more likely to use steroids.

As we've seen, being of the Mormon faith has apparently not influenced Matt Carlino to be disciplined in his shot selection.  Maybe Wojo could get Matt to use better judgment.  If he did, Marquette would have much improved outside shooting at the PG spot.  If he didn't, Carlino would most likely be a distraction.

WarriorPride68

• All American
« Reply #61 on: April 17, 2014, 10:44:59 AM »
Doubt very much if WoJo ever goes the juco route. Cut from a different cloth than Bart.

Coach K and Duke actually landed a verbal commitment from Carrick Felix in 2010 out of JUCO. He ultimately chose to play closer to home and went to ASU. He was drafted by the Cav's this year and just finished his rookie season.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #62 on: April 17, 2014, 10:48:25 AM »
Your kidding yourself if you think Wojo didn't want him. Red Flag? These are big time programs, pretty arrogant to think that he's good enough for them but not the Great Marquette University. I'm confident MU, with 3 open scholarships, could find room. Jeesh.

I didn't say that. All I'm saying is that we don't know what transpired in their conversation.

Dawson Rental

• All American
« Reply #63 on: April 17, 2014, 10:51:29 AM »
My concern is we miss out on Stone, Ellenson and Schwartz and instead get players like Heldt who while a good player, is not in the same class as the above 3.

It's a little early to go there, IMO.  The ship may very well have already sailed on Ellenson and Schwartz, but nothing has been heard yet from the Stone camp (at least I haven't seen anything, yet).  It was commonly thought on this board that Stone's father was skeptical about Buzz, but Marquette seemed to have a decent shot at Stone nonetheless.  Maybe Buzz moving on only helps with Stone.  Who knows at this point?

If bad news is coming, it'll come in its own good time.  If its not coming, why wring our hands over something that we don't have too?

hairy worthen

• All American
« Reply #64 on: April 17, 2014, 10:51:52 AM »
You're embarrassing yourself. Florida is going after him hard. Missouri, Va Tech, Ga Tech, etc. I'm sure Wojo called him and said he wasn't good enough. Jesus.

Wow, a little over the top. You made my exact point about hand wringing and getting panties in a bunch over a recruit.

Where in my post did I say Wojo called him and said he wasn’t good enough? Keep building those straw men, you are good at it.

Sometimes people don’t mesh, it’s not the right fit for either party for whatever reason.  Maybe the kid or Wojo got the wrong vibe, who the hell knows. I wasn’t there and I am not in either persons mind or neither are you.  Obviously something didn’t fit for one of them, and my point is that’s ok. Not the end of the world. Sure he is a good player, would love to have him, but the program isn’t going under over losing a recruit who has never played a second of college basketball.

Now as far as embarrassing….I read some of your prior posts, I am not sure you have the right to call anyone out on that account.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2014, 11:09:24 AM by hairyworthen »

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #65 on: April 17, 2014, 10:54:16 AM »
The ship may very well have already sailed on Ellenson and Schwartz, but nothing has been heard yet from the Stone camp (at least I haven't seen anything, yet).  It was commonly thought on this board that Stone's father was skeptical about Buzz, but Marquette seemed to have a decent shot at Stone nonetheless.  Maybe Buzz moving on only helps with Stone.  Who knows at this point?

And this was a total myth.

He's going to a blue blood. And that's not any bad reflection on MU.

Tums Festival

• All American
« Reply #66 on: April 17, 2014, 11:04:44 AM »
So the first ripple comes along and there are people already bailing on the new coach. WOW! What's gonna happen when he loses his first game next year?
« Last Edit: April 17, 2014, 11:06:23 AM by Heavy Gear »
"Every day ends with a Tums festival!"

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #67 on: April 17, 2014, 11:08:41 AM »
So the first ripple comes along and there are people already bailing on the new coach. WOW! What's gonna happen when he loses his first game next year?

Frankly, we expect better. No, we DESERVE better. Wojo should consider this a warning shot.

Death on call

Dawson Rental

• All American
« Reply #68 on: April 17, 2014, 11:12:53 AM »
So was Scoop shut down because of Hill's announcement? (Not sure if I should use teal or not)

If it was, it would seem that the (or at least "a") moderator(s) have belatedly gone with Sultan's suggestion regarding shutting down the board for a time following bad news.

Dawson Rental

• All American
« Reply #69 on: April 17, 2014, 11:15:47 AM »
Right now all 9 existing non-seniors are staying.

Chief Cohen has re-commited.

So 10 players for sure.

Hill, Shayok have asked for their release.  Pierce has said nothing.

So we have three open scholarships.

We need more than 10 players.  Can barely hold a scrimmage.  How do you scrimmage if someone is sick/hurt/has a test?

Banking scholarships would be a disastrous idea.  Wojo has to get bodies!!

At the risk of being picayune, I'm going to say that until we hear that Satchel Pierce has asked out of his LOI, I'm going to think of MU has having only 2 open scholarships.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #70 on: April 17, 2014, 11:23:26 AM »
Wasn't he creaned at Indiana?

Two high schools

Commitments to three different colleges, now looking for a fourth

Some people buzz cut themselves

tower912

• All American
« Reply #71 on: April 17, 2014, 11:24:37 AM »
Frankly, we expect better. No, we DESERVE better. Wojo should consider this a warning shot.

First loss = UNACCEPTABLE!      ::)
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

mr.MUskie

• All American
« Reply #72 on: April 17, 2014, 11:25:50 AM »

Grounds for dismissal.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #73 on: April 17, 2014, 11:26:38 AM »

As I say: the man has been warned. The men of Scoop deserve nothing less than victory!

Death on call

Wojo'sMojo

• All American
« Reply #74 on: April 17, 2014, 11:42:15 AM »
I personally am now rooting for Hill to fall flat on his face. I hope he has a terrible career and wonders what if he would just would have honored his commitment to Marquette. I don't wish him good luck or any of that other bs...This is petty and juvenile of me, but that's how I feel. Now once his college basketball career is over, then I wish him good luck  ;D

feedback