[Today at 08:59:21 AM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by DFW HOYA
[Today at 08:41:22 AM]

2024-25 Outlook by WellsstreetWanderer
[April 25, 2024, 10:03:37 PM]

Campus camp-out with cool flags? by FreewaysBurnerAccount
[April 25, 2024, 04:52:25 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: New Fargo TV series  (Read 1420 times)

Tums Festival

• All American
New Fargo TV series
« on: April 15, 2014, 06:27:36 PM »
Does anyone plan to start watching Fargo tonight? Absolutely love the movie and lived in Minneapolis at the end end of the 90's. Met at least a couple people that would fit in this show.
"Every day ends with a Tums festival!"

brandx

MikeDeanesDarkGlasses

• All American
  • "Seat belts On! We're Going For A Ride!"
Re: New Fargo TV series
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2014, 06:38:14 PM »
Pretty good reviews

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1726203/fargo-reviews-how-does-show-compare-movie.jhtml

I just saw a clip with some hot brunette from the show.  She doesn't speak in a northern Minnesotan accent though.....  Is that how everyone on the show is? Or is it just her?   If you do a show called Fargo, accents are a must!!!

Tums Festival

• All American
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2014, 06:49:14 PM »
I just saw a clip with some hot brunette from the show.  She doesn't speak in a northern Minnesotan accent though.....  Is that how everyone on the show is? Or is it just her?   If you do a show called Fargo, accents are a must!!!

I used to go Fargo on business occasionally and every time I went there it was cloudy and never warmer then 50 degrees. I regret never eating at the Fryin' Pan though.

Also, the women there are surprisingly beautiful.

mr.MUskie

• All American
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2014, 07:01:29 PM »
Read a review in the local paper this a.m. and set up the DVR to take a look. Billy Bob Thornton should be interesting.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2014, 07:14:14 PM »
Fargo is one of my 20 favorite movies of all time.

I am going to give this series a chance, but I'll be going into it with at least a little bit of a "show me" attitude.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

LloydMooresLegs

« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2014, 07:30:33 PM »
Andy Greenwald of Grantland (who I think is one of the better TV critics ) likes it but said that the first episode was not his favorite, so if you have an interest, may want to give it at least a second look
« Last Edit: April 15, 2014, 10:08:02 PM by LloydMooresLegs »

brandx

« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2014, 09:56:03 PM »
Andy Greemwald of Grantland (who I think is one of the better TV critics ) likes it but said that the first episode was not his favorite, so if you have an interest, may want to give it at least a second look

Greenwald has great posts about GoT every Monday as well.

Tums Festival

• All American
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2014, 10:54:34 PM »
The first episode was pretty sweet.

MikeDeanesDarkGlasses

• All American
  • "Seat belts On! We're Going For A Ride!"
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2014, 09:29:17 AM »
Overall, I liked it.  The story is interesting, and I think will end up revolving around Billy Bob Thornton's dark, mysterious character.  He plays the part well.  There's definitely an element of dark humor.  I love when Thornton confronted the two kids and told their dad that the young one should be tested.  The only complaint I have is that the other characters in Fargo seem "over the top".  It's as if they're overacted and not as believable.  Lester  Nygaard - the consummate "loser" in life is always exaggerating his responses.  Contrast him to the role played by William H. Macy in the original movie and there's a serious drop off in talent. 

feedback