[Today at 02:48:12 PM]

Sweet 16 presser by tower912
[Today at 02:40:05 PM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by TAMU, Knower of Ball
[Today at 02:24:16 PM]

Dallas bars tonite by Jay Bee
[Today at 02:05:40 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Awards Banquet  (Read 14877 times)

Texas Western

• All American
Re: Awards Banquet
« Reply #75 on: April 17, 2014, 09:10:03 AM »
I will post the entire list of award winners when I get to a keyboard, but I will tell you now that the one that caused the most buzz was the academic award. It was awarded to Deonte Burton.
Doesn't surprise me. I saw him up in the Eaglea Nest last summer working very hard. He is a good kid.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #76 on: April 17, 2014, 09:29:52 AM »

Yeah, I guess making a sizable donation to the Blue and Gold fund is pretty childish. Hmm, might have already been signed by Buzz so I did noi have "chase him down"

Sorry to be have supporting MU Athletics with the purchase....

Last I heard the Blue and Gold fund was accepting "donations" that were really donations - not to be confused with a hero worshiping purchase that doubles as a tax write off - but by all means continue to pat yourself on the back for your generosity.

madtownwarrior

• All American
« Reply #77 on: April 17, 2014, 09:40:50 AM »
well, you actually have it wrong as far as a benefit to the auction purchaser...

A cash donation is 100% tax deductible...

An auction where a person receives an tangible item in return, only they amount paid above fair market value is tax deductible.

So as the individual, I receive less benefit as a tax write-off for my hero-worshiping than giving cash.

I believe Marquette benefits equally either way from cash or hero-worshiping purchases (as the item was donated to Marquette).

Oh, the horror of donating money by buying something Buzz related at an auction...

Last I heard the Blue and Gold fund was accepting "donations" that were really donations - not to be confused with a hero worshiping purchase that doubles as a tax write off - but by all means continue to pat yourself on the back for your generosity.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2014, 09:49:12 AM by madtownwarrior »

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #78 on: April 17, 2014, 09:50:22 AM »
well, you actually have it wrong as far as a benefit to the auction purchaser...

A cash donation is 100% tax deductible...

An auction where a person receives an tangible item in return, only they amount paid above fair market value is tax deductible.

So as the individual, I receive less benefit as a tax write-off for my hero-worshiping than giving cash.

I believe Marquette benefits equally either way from cash or hero-worshiping purchases (as the item was donated to Marquette).

Oh, the horror of donating money by buying something Buzz related at an auction...

Correct.  I had to adjust that on my taxes this year for a few items purchased at auction in 2013.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #79 on: April 17, 2014, 10:19:33 AM »

Buzz bought some pretty valuable Al Mcguire-era memorabilia at the last Blue and Gold auction through a third-party bidder.  Let's just hope we find a way to get that stuff back into the family.
Have some patience, FFS.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #80 on: April 17, 2014, 11:37:08 AM »
Buzz bought some pretty valuable Al Mcguire-era memorabilia at the last Blue and Gold auction through a third-party bidder.  Let's just hope we find a way to get that stuff back into the family.

Kinda like the Nazis looting art

Death on call

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #81 on: April 17, 2014, 11:38:18 AM »
Is this a call from some Marquette Monuments Men?

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #82 on: April 17, 2014, 11:39:21 AM »

When Rich Rod was justifiably fired as the coach of the Maize and Blue he immediately started selling all of his Michigan-themed possessions on eBay. He didn't use a third party either - he wanted to make a statement. May he burn in the desert.

Death on call

414mufan

• Walk-On
« Reply #83 on: April 17, 2014, 07:42:26 PM »
Not the right forum, but did not want to start a new one. Just curious if anyone knows if Wojo and his family have found a house in the area? If so, is he living in Mequon area like our two previous coaches or which suburb if he has found one yet? Thanks.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #84 on: April 17, 2014, 07:44:07 PM »
Not the right forum, but did not want to start a new one. Just curious if anyone knows if Wojo and his family have found a house in the area? If so, is he living in Mequon area like our two previous coaches or which suburb if he has found one yet? Thanks.

Cudahy. He's a ski.

Death on call

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #85 on: April 17, 2014, 08:02:14 PM »
Cudahy. He's a ski.

Nah. Better neighborhoods in South Milwaukee.  Actually, I think it would be cool if Wojo bought a restored Bay View lakefront home.

Sir Lawrence

• All American
« Reply #86 on: April 17, 2014, 08:25:06 PM »
Nah. Better neighborhoods in South Milwaukee.  Actually, I think it would be cool if Wojo bought a restored Bay View lakefront home.

I agree.  And the commute would be much shorter than the trip down I-43

His spouse, a nurse, might prefer Wauwatosa, Elm Grove, etc. to be closer to the medical complex. Goose could give her a tour of his old grade school. 
Ludum habemus.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #87 on: April 17, 2014, 08:30:00 PM »
Bet my life he doesn't move to Bay View. He's a well paid college basketball coach not an artist or a chef.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #88 on: April 18, 2014, 01:00:46 AM »
Bet my life he doesn't move to Bay View. He's a well paid college basketball coach not an artist or a chef.

Is Bay View the new Brady Street?

I played Industrial League baseball for Ludman Machine. If we had games in Bay View we would drink at Al's Big Beer Bar. Think of it as The Lanche Annex South.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2014, 01:02:27 AM by keefe »

Death on call

feedback