Big East 2024 Offseason by WeAreMarquette96
[April 17, 2024, 11:14:56 PM]

Academic All Americans by AlumKCof93
[April 17, 2024, 10:44:57 PM]

Maximilian Langenfeld by withoutbias
[April 17, 2024, 10:44:37 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by WhiteTrash
[April 17, 2024, 07:24:33 PM]

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by Plaque Lives Matter!
[April 17, 2024, 06:35:36 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Sexual misconduct, hazing alleged at Marquette fraternities  (Read 32189 times)

chapman

• All American
Re: Sexual misconduct, hazing alleged at Marquette fraternities
« Reply #100 on: April 18, 2014, 02:34:31 PM »
2.  Marquette has fraternities?

I thought it was singular "a fraternity", as well.

I spent the majority of my time at MU going to bars after parties got broken up.  If your daughter wasn't going it's because she didn't have an ID or wasn't going to the right bars. 

It's definitely different if there isn't a line of cabs outside McCormick on the weekends to take freshmen to the bars.

Agreed. There are so many ways to make friends and socialize at MU that don't require paying for friends.

Yep...state schools in college towns, makes sense.  Campus right in the middle of the city, not so much.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #101 on: April 18, 2014, 03:56:50 PM »
It's definitely different if there isn't a line of cabs outside McCormick on the weekends to take freshmen to the bars.

There certainly is outside schroeder. Not a huge one outside McCormick but still there. 
Maigh Eo for Sam

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #102 on: April 18, 2014, 04:21:19 PM »
I thought it was singular "a fraternity", as well.

Yep...state schools in college towns, makes sense.  Campus right in the middle of the city, not so much.

1. Stop with this crap
2. In my 3 years at MU I have never seen more then one cab at a time outside of McCormick
3. Maybe 5% of the student population goes downtown any given weekend. If that.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #103 on: April 18, 2014, 06:14:01 PM »
1. Stop with this crap
2. In my 3 years at MU I have never seen more then one cab at a time outside of McCormick
3. Maybe 5% of the student population goes downtown any given weekend. If that.

That's a logical fallacy based on your personal college greek experience.  It'd be like me saying that the only parties on campus happen at the two houses on the north side corner of 18th and Kil.  I will say though that if you were to actually do some stats, not even official but based off the rough percent of campus that's 21+ or has a fake ID vs the capacity at Murphy's and Caff's, it'd be a tremendously larger population than you think that go off campus. 
Maigh Eo for Sam

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #104 on: April 18, 2014, 06:21:52 PM »
That's a logical fallacy based on your personal college greek experience.  It'd be like me saying that the only parties on campus happen at the two houses on the north side corner of 18th and Kil.  I will say though that if you were to actually do some stats, not even official but based off the rough percent of campus that's 21+ or has a fake ID vs the capacity at Murphy's and Caff's, it'd be a tremendously larger population than you think that go off campus. 

I base that number off of what I see driving LIMOs. Dont see a ton of Taxis coming back from there and we dont get a ton of people going to 7th and wells.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #105 on: April 18, 2014, 07:31:03 PM »
I base that number off of what I see driving LIMOs. Dont see a ton of Taxis coming back from there and we dont get a ton of people going to 7th and wells.

Only gonna take a limo to go to Ms Katie's or Harp and Sham or to that new one on 7th and wells.  Loads of people take the bus.  I don't know what you call a lot of cabs... are you expecting it to look like Time square?  Cabs come, pick a group up, and leave.  They aren't sticking around so that limo drivers can feel like the greek system owns the social scene. 
Maigh Eo for Sam

mu-rara

• All American
« Reply #106 on: April 18, 2014, 08:11:08 PM »
Marquette had quasi frats back in the day. Are the Rabbits, Club Rugby, and Evans Scholars still around? All three were well represented deep into the night at Lenny's.
Funny that you call the Rabbits a quasi frat.   They portrayed themselves as the anti-frat.  They were a frat without a greek name.

Golden Avalanche

• All American
« Reply #107 on: April 19, 2014, 10:08:04 AM »

It's Milwaukee. There aren't a ton of taxis in the city, period.

Your point of persecution remains though even in light of a terrible hiding you're taking for being in the good graces of a fraternity.

Creighton game tape as a pick-me-up?

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #108 on: April 19, 2014, 04:12:01 PM »

Your point of persecution remains though even in light of a terrible hiding you're taking for being in the good graces of a fraternity.

Nice of you to bring up things I was talking about 2 months ago. Good to know you care that much about me to look through my post history. Nice to know youre that type of person who likes to just rip on college kids.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2014, 04:21:22 PM by chitownwarrior2011 »

Golden Avalanche

• All American
« Reply #109 on: April 21, 2014, 08:40:45 AM »
Nice of you to bring up things I was talking about 2 months ago. Good to know you care that much about me to look through my post history. Nice to know youre that type of person who likes to just rip on college kids.

You're upset with me for paying attention to what you write in this forum? That seems odd.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #110 on: April 21, 2014, 09:57:43 AM »

Surprised, with the lack of taxis, plus the multiple college campuses in the area, that Lyft/Uber/etc haven't made a move into Milwaukee.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #111 on: April 21, 2014, 10:17:06 AM »
Surprised, with the lack of taxis, plus the multiple college campuses in the area, that Lyft/Uber/etc haven't made a move into Milwaukee.

They have just recently, despite the best efforts of the city.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #112 on: April 21, 2014, 10:33:19 AM »
They have just recently, despite the best efforts of the city.

Yep.  I saw a stack of Uber coupons at Great Lakes Distillery recently.
Have some patience, FFS.

WellsstreetWanderer

• All American
« Reply #113 on: April 21, 2014, 11:15:03 AM »

My children use UBER every weekend in San Diego and LA. It has become a phenomenon as everyone is wary of drinking and driving. Seems that the only ones drinking and driving are the ones with multiple offenses for DWI.

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #114 on: April 21, 2014, 11:24:40 AM »

My children use UBER every weekend in San Diego and LA. It has become a phenomenon as everyone is wary of drinking and driving. Seems that the only ones drinking and driving are the ones with multiple offenses for DWI.

I do think you will see the number of DUIs going down as things like Uber become more commonplace and easier to use.

In Chicago, cabs have always been hard to get on a weekend night, unless you are downtown or in one of 3 or 4 very popular busy areas. Uber has changed everything. There's absolutely no reason to drive anywhere in the city anymore. I use my car to get to work in the suburbs and trips to the grocery store, but that's about it.

Marquette Gyros

• Starter
« Reply #115 on: April 21, 2014, 12:07:04 PM »
Yep.  I saw a stack of Uber coupons at Great Lakes Distillery recently.

The Iron Horse was offering a deal for first-time Uber users in their room key packets this weekend as well...

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #116 on: April 21, 2014, 12:18:17 PM »
After decades of crapty drivers/conditions, it's amazing that taxis are confounded about how their business is being overtaken.