[Today at 08:10:52 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by avid1010
[Today at 07:48:11 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by tower912
[Today at 05:47:31 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by WhiteTrash
[Today at 03:52:54 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Sandy Cohen on the IWB radio show  (Read 9377 times)

tower912

• All American
Sandy Cohen on the IWB radio show
« on: April 15, 2014, 11:22:26 AM »
  Had never really heard of Wojo.  First contact was just a 'getting to know you' call.    Met with Sandy on the second day on the job.    Wojo understood what Sandy was going through.    Sandy really liked him.   Style:   Wants lots of players who can play lots of positions.   (switchables  ;D)       Immediate connection.    Wojo is a people person.   Wojo has been there, played at a high level.    Sandy and Duane traded texts throughout the process.  Hasn't really talked to the other recruits.    Ahmed Hill a little bit, but no insight.    AH should go wherever is the best choice for him.      Was shocked when Buzz left.  Asked for release out of fright, didn't really know what to do.   Once Wojo talked to him, Sandy became comfortable with staying. 
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

ATLmarquettefan

• Scholarship Player
Re: Sandy Cohen on the IWB radio show
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2014, 03:47:58 PM »
  Had never really heard of Wojo.  First contact was just a 'getting to know you' call.    Met with Sandy on the second day on the job.    Wojo understood what Sandy was going through.    Sandy really liked him.   Style:   Wants lots of players who can play lots of positions.   (switchables  ;D)       Immediate connection.    Wojo is a people person.   Wojo has been there, played at a high level.    Sandy and Duane traded texts throughout the process.  Hasn't really talked to the other recruits.    Ahmed Hill a little bit, but no insight.    AH should go wherever is the best choice for him.      Was shocked when Buzz left.  Asked for release out of fright, didn't really know what to do.   Once Wojo talked to him, Sandy became comfortable with staying. 

Thanks for the recap. It is very interesting to see Duane involved in both getting Sandy to stay and also in getting Fischer to come here (I think it was mentioned in another poster they texted also). Duane could be the leader we were missing last year.

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2014, 04:01:49 PM »
Thanks for the recap. It is very interesting to see Duane involved in both getting Sandy to stay and also in getting Fischer to come here (I think it was mentioned in another poster they texted also). Duane could be the leader we were missing last year.

I think most importantly that he WANTS to be in that role.
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

Tums Festival

• All American
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2014, 04:10:42 PM »
Hope Duane has been talking with Ahmed Hill. He seems to be pretty persuasive.
"Every day ends with a Tums festival!"

source?

• All American
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2014, 04:21:57 PM »
Duane as 3rd assistant?

NotAnAlum

• All American
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2014, 05:49:40 PM »
From the very beginning I have really liked everything I have heard or read about Duane.  I liked the pre-season tapes he did showing his conditioning, I liked his thoughtful interview on redshirting, I liked his comments on Wojo.  I like that he seems to be networking with teammates and recruits.  Like others have said in this thread he seems to WANT to lead.  That is great to find in any player but in your point guard it is immeasurable.  I really think this guy was the missing piece last year.  I know, I know he hasn't seen the court yet and if he was that good why didn't Buzz just unredshirt him.  I don't care I think Duane and Burton are the type of people you can build a great team around. 

brandx

« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2014, 06:51:10 PM »
Hope Duane has been talking with Ahmed Hill. He seems to be pretty persuasive.

More importantly, Wojo has been talking to Hill.

mr.MUskie

• All American
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2014, 06:53:31 PM »
More importantly, Wojo has been talking to Hill.

Was that a statement or a question? I've been wondering why we've heard about his meetings with Cohen and Noskowiak, but nothing about Hill.

brandx

« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2014, 07:09:16 PM »

Was that a statement or a question? I've been wondering why we've heard about his meetings with Cohen and Noskowiak, but nothing about Hill.

Because they are Wisconsin players, so reporters here talked to them right away to check on the situation.

But if you check Atlanta papers, here is a quote from Hill:
"I really haven’t talked to Coach Wojo much, so I don’t have an opinion of him yet," Hill said. "We’re supposed to talk this weekend.

"I just want to talk to him on the phone, see what kind of person he is really, and see what he talks about. I will probably stay with Marquette unless I hear something I don’t like."

This was a couple days after Wojo was hired. The weekend in question was April 4-6.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2014, 08:48:32 AM »
Ganzer was at the banquet last night.  I hope people gave him plenty of sh!t about the "done deal" thing.
Have some patience, FFS.

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2014, 08:57:16 AM »

Perhaps because Hill has not asked for a release like Sandy did, or announced his decommitment like Noskowiak did.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2014, 08:59:27 AM by LittleMurs »
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

Warrior Farls

• Walk-On
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2014, 10:32:34 AM »
Ganzer was at the banquet last night.  I hope people gave him plenty of sh!t about the "done deal" thing.
[/color]

I hope you are joking.
"Roland was a warrior" -Warren Zevon

GOO

• All American
« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2014, 10:40:57 AM »

I hope you are joking.
Elephant in the room, if no one gave him some crap.  Better to joke about it, get it out there, and put it in the past than to avoid the elephant.  Otherwise, the elephant is kind of always there or at least hanging around for a longtime.

Gato78

• Team Captain
« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2014, 10:42:51 AM »
Talk about info out of thin air. He wasn't there. In fact, he is out of town with his wife and kids--which usually means good recruiting news. Nice use of the "done deal thing" noting his presence.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2014, 10:44:17 AM »
Talk about info out of thin air. He wasn't there. In fact, he is out of town with his wife and kids--which usually means good recruiting news. Nice use of the "done deal thing" noting his presence.

Blaming jsglow on this one.  He said he saw him.
Have some patience, FFS.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2014, 10:46:07 AM »
So.....many.....jokes.....about.....believing.....spouse......must.....not....
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Golden Avalanche

• All American
« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2014, 10:47:29 AM »
Blaming jsglow on this one.  He said he saw him.

So, a source you trust gave you information and you ran with it without confirming for yourself? Need to be better in the future.

feedback