[Today at 01:31:24 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Herman Cain
[Today at 12:29:26 PM]

2024-25 Outlook by Big Papi
[Today at 09:34:04 AM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Herman Cain
[April 23, 2024, 09:23:41 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: WI class of 2015  (Read 10632 times)

HutchwasClutch

• All American
WI class of 2015
« on: April 12, 2014, 08:26:50 AM »
The state has so many high level prospects in next year's class-
Noskowiak
Stone
Ellenson
Brevin Pritzl
Matt Heldt

Mike Miller tweeted a couple of days ago about MU's increasing interest in Pritzl and Heldt.

As things stand today, one open scholarship, and then three more openings for 2015-16 season (Anderson, De. Wilson, and Mayo complete eligibility). 

It sure seems that Noskowiak is MU's to lose, and he's more likely than not to re-commit and sign. 

So bank the scholarship for next season, go with 12 scholarship players next year, and try and cash in on the state's very strong 2015 class?   I think that's the route I prefer Coach Wojo go.  Imagine a four man class of Noskowiak, Stone, Ellenson, Heldt- three bigs and an elite guard- three top 50-60 prospects, and all from the state?! 

The Process

• All American
Re: WI class of 2015
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2014, 08:38:55 AM »
Wouldn't a grad transfer have the same effect as banking the schollie and keep MU at 13 players?
Relax. Respect the Process.

HutchwasClutch

• All American
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2014, 08:58:58 AM »
Wouldn't a grad transfer have the same effect as banking the schollie and keep MU at 13 players?

I'm not against that either- if there's a guy coach thinks can put us over the top for next year, get us to another level, great. 

I guess my main question about bringing in a one year guy is- how deep does Coach Wojo plan on his rotation being next year?  Coming from the Duke system, I don't see the same liberal substitution patterns that we saw with Buzz.  I think as things stand right now, the 10 guys committed all bring things to the table that will make a challenge for Wojo to find minutes for.  Like many, I've kind of written off Juan Anderson and Derrick Wilson, but you can't discount their experience and some things they bring to the table already. 

chapman

• All American
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2014, 09:05:28 AM »

Yes, except it gives you a body for this year rather than self-imposing a scholarship penalty on the program for no reason.

HutchwasClutch

• All American
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2014, 09:09:55 AM »
Yes, except it gives you a body for this year rather than self-imposing a scholarship penalty on the program for no reason.

I agree with that, but you bring in a one year guy and someone, likely more than one guy, minutes and opportunities are going to be reduced.  There's only so many minutes to spread around.  That's my only concern with bringing in a guy for next season only.

MUSF

• All American
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2014, 09:22:45 AM »
I agree with that, but you bring in a one year guy and someone, likely more than one guy, minutes and opportunities are going to be reduced.  There's only so many minutes to spread around.  That's my only concern with bringing in a guy for next season only.

I wouldn't worry about minutes with the players we are returning next year. If we can get a good player, we take it.

The Process

• All American
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2014, 09:24:53 AM »

Which was exactly where I was headed. Why only keep 12 this year? One never knows what'll happen with injuries and whatnot.

WadeATKBurton

• All American
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2014, 09:47:26 AM »
I'll pass on everyone except Stone and maybe Ellenson.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2014, 09:50:55 AM »
maybe we pull an I4 and self impose a reduction in scholarships for this upcoming year.  You know, to prep for all of the turrible things that the bailbondsman keeps implying will be coming to light and stuff.

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2014, 10:19:37 AM »

I think that that was the point that The Process was making.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

Dawson Rental

• All American
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2014, 10:23:19 AM »
I'll pass on everyone except Stone and maybe Ellenson.

So, using your criteria, Marquette would have passed on Dwyane Wade, Travis Diener and Jim McIlvaine.

No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

Dawson Rental

• All American
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2014, 10:27:18 AM »
I'm not against that either- if there's a guy coach thinks can put us over the top for next year, get us to another level, great. 

I guess my main question about bringing in a one year guy is- how deep does Coach Wojo plan on his rotation being next year?  Coming from the Duke system, I don't see the same liberal substitution patterns that we saw with Buzz.  I think as things stand right now, the 10 guys committed all bring things to the table that will make a challenge for Wojo to find minutes for.  Like many, I've kind of written off Juan Anderson and Derrick Wilson, but you can't discount their experience and some things they bring to the table already. 

Unless Wojo gets a transfer big who can play immediately, Juan Anderson will probably get pushed back inside where he'll get some minutes and even be the top reserve until Luke is eligible.

Aircraftcarrier

• Team Captain
« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2014, 10:27:25 AM »
You would pass on Ellenson?You sure do not know much about evaluating talent then.Glad you are not the coach.smh.

WadeATKBurton

• All American
« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2014, 10:30:44 AM »
You would pass on Ellenson?You sure do not know much about evaluating talent then.Glad you are not the coach.smh.

Ok

Tums Festival

• All American
« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2014, 10:36:52 AM »
Ellenson is a stud and a worker and has lots of upside. If Wojo runs anything close to what Duke likes to run on offense, he could do quite well at MU. Plus he seems to have meshed with Noskowiak on their AAU team. I think he's a big target of Wojo's.
"Every day ends with a Tums festival!"

Dawson Rental

• All American
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2014, 10:40:54 AM »
Ellenson is a stud and a worker and has lots of upside. If Wojo runs anything close to what Duke likes to run on offense, he could do quite well at MU. Plus he seems to have meshed with Noskowiak on their AAU team. I think he's a big target of Wojo's.

Marquette was nowhere in the picture with Ellenson when Buzz was here.  Just being considered by him at this late point is great work by Wojo.  Landing him would be an epic recruiting win. 

Aircraftcarrier

• Team Captain
« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2014, 10:44:23 AM »
Ellenson can go to any school he wants.He is that good.

oshkoshbgosh

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2014, 10:48:58 AM »
A agree about Ellenson, he's a stud. He can really run the floor and handle the ball for 6'10". Another player not mentioned is Cody Schwartz, 6'8" with a legitimate 3-point range.

Earl Tatum

• All American
« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2014, 11:26:43 AM »
Heavy Gear--- That's what I been saying on many blogs--- Also, Noskowiak is as good as advertised and Pritzl and Schwartz getting nearing the top. Heldt just keeps getting better and
this summer, AAU Ball, he will be more than noticed. Can shoot, rebound and move.
Ellenson, with all his talent, is a hard worker. So, Stone is not the only one in 2015.

Earl Tatum

• All American
« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2014, 11:30:35 AM »
Just to let you know, I saw them in action in big games against good players,

Warrior Code

• All American
  • Undefeated since 1960
« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2014, 11:59:11 AM »
So coach Wojo is already so good he can pick and choose who he wants from Wisconsin? Save the scholarship, we need it for the talent coming here next year. Got it.

I guess I have to admit I'm happy to hear a certain local program's recent Final Four will have no bearing on the minds of in-state recruits.
Signature:
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBCode and smileys may be used in your signature.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2014, 12:55:24 PM »
My to get list from the WI class of 2015

Diamond Stone
Henry Ellenson
Nick Noskowiak
Matt Heldt
Cody Schwartz
Damontrae Jefferson

Probably pass on everyone else.

Oh, and you fill every scholarship you can for 2014. If you need it for 2015, cut the kid after a year. It seems cold but it is perfectly acceptable and happens more than we think
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

WadeATKBurton

• All American
« Reply #22 on: April 12, 2014, 01:24:59 PM »
My to get list from the WI class of 2015

Diamond Stone
Henry Ellenson
Nick Noskowiak
Matt Heldt
Cody Schwartz
Damontrae Jefferson

Probably pass on everyone else.

Oh, and you fill every scholarship you can for 2014. If you need it for 2015, cut the kid after a year. It seems cold but it is perfectly acceptable and happens more than we think

That Da. Jefferson kid is a really, REALLY good!

Dawson Rental

• All American
« Reply #23 on: April 12, 2014, 07:02:22 PM »
That Da. Jefferson kid is a really, REALLY good!

You're gonna need to use teal so people know you're kidding.  I knew because its obvious to me that there's no way you'd know who this kid was.

The Process

• All American
« Reply #24 on: April 12, 2014, 07:06:44 PM »
You're gonna need to use teal so people know you're kidding.  I knew because its obvious to me that there's no way you'd know who this kid was.

No wonder why Cuonzo had such troubles recruiting at Tennessee - he did it all via message board!

feedback