[Today at 02:32:03 PM]

Marquette Football Update by TallTitan34
[Today at 09:41:46 AM]

NM by Uncle Rico
[Today at 08:59:21 AM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by DFW HOYA
[Today at 08:41:22 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Henry Ellenson  (Read 26306 times)

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
Re: Henry Ellenson
« Reply #25 on: April 12, 2014, 05:25:05 AM »
While living in Asia we owned a lake house north of Spooner on the St. Croix - my wife from Thiensville's idea - and there was a Norske Nook there. I would head over to the Nook some mornings to plow through the Pioneer Press and Tribune over coffee. 

Spooner is a Swedish town while Hayward is Norwegian (or vice versa) and I overheard these old Spooner guys talking about the Anderson kid dating a Norwegian girl from Hayward. It was as if he was soiling his family's reputation.

But you're right about the pies at the Nook. They looked incredible during the dinner shift. The morning pies were older and likely a bit stale with a much higher fat content.

yeah, i heard that one too-the anderson kid was bragging about his new Norwegian girlfriend, hilde.  he told his dad that hilde was very bright, a great cook, a hard worker,completed her ged, and was still a virgin.  the anderson kids dad, baltazar exclaimed quite firmly-now wait a minute son, if hilde ain't good enough for her family, then she ain't good enough for ours
don't...don't don't don't don't

muarmy81

• All American
« Reply #26 on: April 12, 2014, 07:43:30 AM »
While living in Asia we owned a lake house north of Spooner on the St. Croix - my wife from Thiensville's idea - and there was a Norske Nook there. I would head over to the Nook some mornings to plow through the Pioneer Press and Tribune over coffee. 

Spooner is a Swedish town while Hayward is Norwegian (or vice versa) and I overheard these old Spooner guys talking about the Anderson kid dating a Norwegian girl from Hayward. It was as if he was soiling his family's reputation.

But you're right about the pies at the Nook. They looked incredible during the dinner shift. The morning pies were older and likely a bit stale with a much higher fat content.

Ha! Keefe, I know you and I have a military connection but I never knew you had north woods ties...I grew up in Spooner. Great little town, but Baxter is right.  When I was there there was a good mix of folks not just families from the Nordic countries.

WadeATKBurton

• All American
« Reply #27 on: April 14, 2014, 07:23:54 PM »
Henry Ellenson got an offer from Duke today.

I am NOT the source.

Tums Festival

• All American
« Reply #28 on: April 14, 2014, 07:32:08 PM »
Verbal Commits ‏@VerbalCommits  32m
2015 Rice Lake (WI) F Henry Ellenson has received an offer from Duke. (HT @TheRecruitScoop) @Hjellenson http://verbalcommits.com/players/henry-ellenson

Hope we haven't gotten in too late on him. Wojo Power!
« Last Edit: April 14, 2014, 07:39:27 PM by Heavy Gear »
"Every day ends with a Tums festival!"

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #29 on: April 14, 2014, 07:39:00 PM »
Verbal Commits ‏@VerbalCommits  32m
2015 Rice Lake (MN) F Henry Ellenson has received an offer from Duke. (HT @TheRecruitScoop) @Hjellenson http://verbalcommits.com/players/henry-ellenson

Hope we haven't gotten in too late on him. Wojo Power!

Duke?  You mean the Marquette of the East?
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

MikeDeanesDarkGlasses

• All American
  • "Seat belts On! We're Going For A Ride!"
« Reply #30 on: April 14, 2014, 07:50:51 PM »
Duke?  You mean the Marquette of the East?

Looks like Coach K is taking Wojo's scraps now.  Wojo must have wielded the pimp hand again.  It's only a matter of time before Wojo makes a huge move. 

WadeATKBurton

• All American
« Reply #31 on: April 14, 2014, 07:54:51 PM »
Looks like Coach K is taking Wojo's scraps now.  Wojo must have wielded the pimp hand again.  It's only a matter of time before Wojo makes a huge move. 

Coach K is Mr Miyagi and Wojo is the Karate Kid. In other words, you can't school your teacher!

Dawson Rental

• All American
« Reply #32 on: April 14, 2014, 08:02:23 PM »

Reportedly, Wojo lost interest, but encouraged Ellenson to give Coach K a listen.

No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #33 on: April 14, 2014, 08:08:33 PM »

If he doesn't, do you turn on him before he coaches a game?   Barring decommits, there currently are just not that many elite unsigned prospects.   Or are you referring to a signing for a future class?
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #34 on: April 14, 2014, 08:12:30 PM »
How is that possible? Coach K was just going to Rice Lake to tell Ellenson how great Wojo is. No way Duke offered.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

WadeATKBurton

• All American
« Reply #35 on: April 14, 2014, 08:12:54 PM »
If he doesn't, do you turn on him before he coaches a game?   Barring decommits, there currently are just not that many elite unsigned prospects.   Or are you referring to a signing for a future class?

The real question is how does this affect Stone?

Tums Festival

• All American
« Reply #36 on: April 14, 2014, 08:22:09 PM »
Reportedly, Wojo lost interest, but encouraged Ellenson to give Coach K a listen.

Who's reporting? It just seems odd Wojo would take the time out of his schedule to go up to Rice Lake last Friday essentially to introduce Ellenson to Coach K.

WadeATKBurton

• All American
« Reply #37 on: April 14, 2014, 08:26:03 PM »
Who's reporting? It just seems odd Wojo would take the time out of his schedule to go up to Rice Lake last Friday essentially to introduce Ellenson to Coach K.

What kind of coach does something like that??? *head scratcher*

MikeDeanesDarkGlasses

• All American
  • "Seat belts On! We're Going For A Ride!"
« Reply #38 on: April 14, 2014, 08:26:18 PM »

No, I don't turn on him.  If anything, I give people the benefit of the doubt.  A coach needs about 3-5 years to be gauged accurately.  Relationships take time to develop, so I'm anticipating a decent 2015 recruiting class.  For some reason, I feel that a 5 star recruit will be nabbed by Wojo or a high 4 star.  There isn't much left that he can do for 2014.  Perhaps he can nab a juco, but I think he'll focus on retaining the current 2014 class.  

TedBaxter

• All American
« Reply #39 on: April 15, 2014, 12:50:14 AM »
Ha! Keefe, I know you and I have a military connection but I never knew you had north woods ties...I grew up in Spooner. Great little town, but Baxter is right.  When I was there there was a good mix of folks not just families from the Nordic countries.

I grew up in Spooner also and my senior year at Spooner High School the basketball team had 3 Johnson's and an Anderson.  None of them were related and all of their parents had moved into the district from elsewhere.

I'm not sure where Henry Ellenson is leaning, but a Duke offer tells you the talent he has.  Everyone knows his dad, John, graduated from Wisconsin while also playing a year at MU, but his mom's family has a UW connection since her brother played hockey at Wisconsin and her father coached hockey at both UW-Superior and UW-Eau Claire.
If You Aren't All In For Marquette Basketball, Move On

MUSF

• All American
« Reply #40 on: April 15, 2014, 01:54:06 AM »
There is a place in Rice Lake that has really great lefkes. It could be that this trip has nothing to do with Ellenson and that K just wants to check out the Norske Nook.

Do you mean lefses?

Potato and rye lefse are outstanding! I want to call my grandma right now and have her whip some up.

Dawson Rental

• All American
« Reply #41 on: April 15, 2014, 07:46:07 AM »

Shoulda used teal, I guess.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #42 on: April 15, 2014, 11:19:13 AM »
Shoulda used teal, I guess.

Some people will never understand...
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

mufansince72

• Starter
« Reply #43 on: April 15, 2014, 07:09:12 PM »
John Ellenson ‏@jcellenson  38s
Duke offers Henry Ellenson and shows picture of brother Wally.  http://bluedevilnation.net/2014/04/duke-offers-henry-ellenson/

Stretchdeltsig

• All American
« Reply #44 on: April 15, 2014, 07:18:34 PM »
Would love to see Henry play for Marquette.  He has strong Warrior qualities!

mr.MUskie

• All American
« Reply #45 on: April 15, 2014, 07:19:56 PM »
Duke offers Henry Ellenson and shows picture of brother Wally.  http://bluedevilnation.net/2014/04/duke-offers-henry-ellenson/

#R S P C T

Tums Festival

• All American
« Reply #46 on: April 15, 2014, 08:12:06 PM »
Some people will never understand...

Thanks.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #47 on: April 15, 2014, 08:14:31 PM »

I'm not from WI but the wife is so she wanted a lake house to repair to while we were living in Asia. She was once back in the States on MS biz and took a side trip to see family in Thiensville and ended up buying a place north of Spooner off Hwy K. My first reaction was WTF but I grew to appreciate it. I loved hearing the loons at 5 am.

I remember a well beaten path to Dave's Hardware over the years. I recall he heard we were living in Hong Kong and he commented to me that my English was pretty good. I never bothered to correct his impression of my origins. I also used to buy fishing gear at Spooner Outlet. I remember the crew in Jakarta wanted Packer memorabilia so I had the Outlet FedEx a box of Packer coffee mugs to the GE office there.

As far as the "Andersen kid story" I overheard two old guys telling that story when I was at the Nook in Trego. I assumed they were from Trego or Spooner but who knows. But I did enjoy hitting the Nook. If my in-laws invaded while we were at the lake house I often retreated to the Nook for some peace and quiet. It was also where I picked up the newspaper.

Death on call

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #48 on: April 15, 2014, 09:40:15 PM »

John Ellenson ‏@jcellenson 1h  “@DanRaddad2005: @jcellenson Except he isn't playing for Pump and Run this year, correct?” Playground Elite EYBL

At least Duke spelled his name correctly, after that they pretty much got everything wrong.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #49 on: April 15, 2014, 09:42:01 PM »
I'm not from WI but the wife is so she wanted a lake house to repair to while we were living in Asia. She was once back in the States on MS biz and took a side trip to see family in Thiensville and ended up buying a place north of Spooner off Hwy K. My first reaction was WTF but I grew to appreciate it. I loved hearing the loons at 5 am.

I remember a well beaten path to Dave's Hardware over the years. I recall he heard we were living in Hong Kong and he commented to me that my English was pretty good. I never bothered to correct his impression of my origins. I also used to buy fishing gear at Spooner Outlet. I remember the crew in Jakarta wanted Packer memorabilia so I had the Outlet FedEx a box of Packer coffee mugs to the GE office there.

As far as the "Andersen kid story" I overheard two old guys telling that story when I was at the Nook in Trego. I assumed they were from Trego or Spooner but who knows. But I did enjoy hitting the Nook. If my in-laws invaded while we were at the lake house I often retreated to the Nook for some peace and quiet. It was also where I picked up the newspaper.

Nook or the Dinner Bell?

Great smallies on the Croix.  R Rat, are you listening!

Great area.  I've got access to a lake e of spooner with monster gills.  My favorite fish on an ultra light and 4 lb test.

feedback