[Today at 02:05:40 PM]

Katz has MU in Final Four by MU82
[Today at 01:58:18 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by MU82
[Today at 01:49:43 PM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by Galway Eagle
[Today at 01:20:04 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Ahmed Hill is torn  (Read 37220 times)

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
Re: Ahmed Hill is torn
« Reply #100 on: April 16, 2014, 09:44:15 AM »
Sources say that he will be announcing his decision this afternoon.

Source?

RushmoreAcademy

• All American
« Reply #101 on: April 16, 2014, 09:49:44 AM »
Am I the only one that can't get that Natalia Imruglia song out of their head after reading the title of the post?

Tums Festival

• All American
« Reply #102 on: April 16, 2014, 09:55:22 AM »
Source?

As of now, there's nothing on Twitter about him making an announcement today.
"Every day ends with a Tums festival!"

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #103 on: April 16, 2014, 09:59:13 AM »
No, Wojo is giving DWill #24.

But what number is he giving DWill?
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #104 on: April 16, 2014, 10:02:56 AM »

100 man points from you sir

ram a railroad spike through my ears if I have to listen to that song, but that biscuit is a fine piece of tail.

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #105 on: April 16, 2014, 10:08:20 AM »
Am I the only one that can't get that Natalia Imruglia song out of their head after reading the title of the post?

Who is that?

🏀

• All American
« Reply #106 on: April 16, 2014, 10:11:01 AM »
ram a railroad spike through my ears if I have to listen to that song, but that biscuit is a fine piece of tail.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/VV1XWJN3nJo" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/VV1XWJN3nJo</a>

Tums Festival

• All American
« Reply #107 on: April 16, 2014, 10:12:21 AM »
I only reveal my sources on a need to know basis and your name's not on my list.   I can't have getting someone busted up on my conscious... this is real time stuff.

But he was on Shayok.

You would know better than me.

The Process

• All American
« Reply #108 on: April 16, 2014, 10:27:53 AM »
Relax. Respect the Process.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #109 on: April 16, 2014, 10:30:31 AM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/VV1XWJN3nJo" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/VV1XWJN3nJo</a>

pictures would have worked better than a video, though I suppose I could turn the sound down.

The last one is for melissasmooth.

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #110 on: April 16, 2014, 10:32:35 AM »
Today starts spring signing day.  April 27th is the deadline to declare for the NBA draft.  Presumably we will get a decision by the end of the month.  My one great concern is that Hill is waiting to see how many KU, UK, and Duke guys leave and whether one of those programs comes calling after the announcement, however, he'd need to request out of his NLI first.

Why not ask out now, or last week?  That way he can talk to Self, Calipari and/or Cocah K directly and not through second hand backdoor intermediaries.  

If he asks out, he can still decide to go to MU later.  

That's why the longer this goes without him asking out, the better it is for us.  Ditto Satchel Pierce for the same reason.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #111 on: April 16, 2014, 10:36:22 AM »
Why not ask out now, or last week?  That way he can talk to Self, Calipari and/or Cocah K directly and not through second hand backdoor intermediaries.  

If he asks out, he can still decide to go to MU later.  

That's why the longer this goes without him asking out, the better it is for us.  Ditto Satchel Pierce for the same reason.

Yea, all has been quiet on the western front in terms of Satchel and AH. Would like to see Satchel come just so he can develop and be a solid player after Steve leaves. AH obviously I would love to see him come here but there are a lot of players fighting for that 2/3 role which isnt a bad thing it will just be interesting to see how Wojo divvy's up the minutes.

BCHoopster

• All American
« Reply #112 on: April 16, 2014, 10:44:13 AM »
Yea, all has been quiet on the western front in terms of Satchel and AH. Would like to see Satchel come just so he can develop and be a solid player after Steve leaves. AH obviously I would love to see him come here but there are a lot of players fighting for that 2/3 role which isnt a bad thing it will just be interesting to see how Wojo divvy's up the minutes.

Pierce is really important even if he is raw, need some size on the bench, plus I would rather take a flyer on a big to improve, much like Devante.  Pierce and Fisher at least replaces the 2
bigs lost.  Hill would be a nice addition, but he does move into a crowded backcourt.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #113 on: April 17, 2014, 04:55:16 AM »
Hill met with Wojo yesterday, and has been given a release.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #114 on: April 17, 2014, 07:55:37 AM »
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

MikeDeanesDarkGlasses

• All American
  • "Seat belts On! We're Going For A Ride!"
« Reply #115 on: April 17, 2014, 09:14:05 AM »
He's not torn anymore...

https://twitter.com/MedHill_14/status/456584420904800257/photo/1

At least he gave us reasons as to why - classy move.  Now the seeds of doubt have been planted in Wojo's recruiting ability. 

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #116 on: April 17, 2014, 09:46:58 AM »
At least he gave us reasons as to why - classy move.  Now the seeds of doubt have been planted in Wojo's recruiting ability. 

Because he couldn't build a relationship for a 4 year decision in 1 conversation? Wow...
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

MikeDeanesDarkGlasses

• All American
  • "Seat belts On! We're Going For A Ride!"
« Reply #117 on: April 17, 2014, 09:52:43 AM »
Because he couldn't build a relationship for a 4 year decision in 1 conversation? Wow...

Shayok and now Hill.  All I'm saying is that some people will have some doubts. 

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #118 on: April 17, 2014, 09:58:25 AM »

So Cohen doesn't count ... Got him to stay.

Izzo's rule that college basketball fans forget that is older than three weeks strikes again?  Cohen re-commit was close enough to three weeks so you think Wojo has failed to keep anyone?

And they fact that for the first time since Buzz arrived, we have a semester with no one transferring does not give an insight into possible recruiting abilities?  Or does this fall into the Izzo rule too?

Tums Festival

• All American
« Reply #119 on: April 17, 2014, 10:00:56 AM »
Shayok and now Hill.  All I'm saying is that some people will have some doubts. 

You and your Wojo can't recruit mantra. The only player he's officially lost is Hill, who has a long standing relationship with the former coach. Shayok may or may not end up at MU and we don't know about Pierce yet. Have you been able to get everything you've ever wanted? Give the guy a little breathing room and let's see what he can do on an even playing field.

mr.MUskie

• All American
« Reply #120 on: April 17, 2014, 10:07:51 AM »
Something doesn't seem right. AH said he was probably staying at MU unless he heard something he didn't like from Wojo. Then he writes a tweet on the 10th saying he's not coming to MU, but doesn't release it until the 16th.

muhoops1

• All American
« Reply #121 on: April 17, 2014, 10:09:15 AM »
And are we certain that Wojo wants all of Buzz's recruits?  Who knows why Hill loves Chew & Williams...but Wojo has his own vision for the team and he will build it his way.  I think Hill would have been an awesome addition, but maybe Wojo didn't.  Don't assume anything.

Tums Festival

• All American
« Reply #122 on: April 17, 2014, 10:21:58 AM »
Something doesn't seem right. AH said he was probably staying at MU unless he heard something he didn't like from Wojo. Then he writes a tweet on the 10th saying he's not coming to MU, but doesn't release it until the 16th.

Maybe Chew was in Hill's ear while he (Chew) was in his "free agency" period.

Hokies Journal ‏@HokiesJournal  1h
I'm told 2 of Buzz Williams assistants will be Isaac Chew (from Marquette) & Steve Roccaforte (from USF). 3rd name still a mystery. #Hokies

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #123 on: April 17, 2014, 02:35:58 PM »
Hill was all about Buzz. He committed without ever stepping foot on campus remember
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #124 on: April 17, 2014, 02:46:10 PM »
Hill was all about Buzz. He committed without ever stepping foot on campus remember

...he committed while on campus...