[Today at 08:59:21 AM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by DFW HOYA
[Today at 08:41:22 AM]

2024-25 Outlook by WellsstreetWanderer
[April 25, 2024, 10:03:37 PM]

Campus camp-out with cool flags? by FreewaysBurnerAccount
[April 25, 2024, 04:52:25 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: JJJ confirms that he is staying at MU  (Read 48162 times)

Tums Festival

• All American
Re: JJJ confirms that he is staying at MU
« Reply #25 on: April 07, 2014, 12:42:56 PM »
I think his shot is fine and can't wait to see what he can do knowing he won't be yanked if he misses his first shot.
"Every day ends with a Tums festival!"

Celtic Truth

• Starter
  • THE TRUTH
« Reply #26 on: April 07, 2014, 12:55:06 PM »
Were you also the source for #donedeal?

I was definitely not a source for #donedeal. And this post was my first one on the scoop. I've been reading for a while and everything I wrote on this topic is 100% legit and I decided to write because I had a topic of great value to write on, and MU fans need to know the truth.

As I said before, this is THE TRUTH

MU B2002

• All American
  • Father to future alums in 2029 & 2037.
« Reply #27 on: April 07, 2014, 01:09:09 PM »
PM

Sounds like info that I would find interesting as well.
"VPI"
- Mike Hunt

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #28 on: April 07, 2014, 01:15:51 PM »
For people that really know something, does Wojo change JJJ's shot?  The form is so terrible.  Or, do coach's just go with what they got if they hit a reasonable amount?

I think it would benefit him to change his shot to at least not release low from the side.

Junior Bridgeman had terrible form.  I believe the Bucks retired his jersey a few years back....

Lighthouse 84

• All American
« Reply #29 on: April 07, 2014, 01:21:37 PM »

Sounds like info that I would find interesting as well.
I find myself in that camp as well...
HILLTOP SENIOR SURVEY from 1984 Yearbook: 
Favorite Drinking Establishment:

1. The Avalanche.              7. Major Goolsby's.
2. The Gym.                      8. Park Avenue.
3. The Ardmore.                 9. Mugrack.
4. O'Donohues.                 10. Lighthouse.
5. O'Pagets.
6. Hagerty's.

MikeDeanesDarkGlasses

• All American
  • "Seat belts On! We're Going For A Ride!"
« Reply #30 on: April 07, 2014, 01:23:02 PM »
I was definitely not a source for #donedeal. And this post was my first one on the scoop. I've been reading for a while and everything I wrote on this topic is 100% legit and I decided to write because I had a topic of great value to write on, and MU fans need to know the truth.

As I said before, this is THE TRUTH

But it is a Celtic truth.  Celtic = Irish = Notre Dame. 

Celtic Truth

• Starter
  • THE TRUTH
« Reply #31 on: April 07, 2014, 01:27:54 PM »
But it is a Celtic truth.  Celtic = Irish = Notre Dame. 

Sorry Buddy but you are incorrect. Yes I am Irish, and from Boston, and I love the Celtics and Paul Pierce who is "The Truth". Absolutely nothing to do with those clowns from South Bend.

This is THE TRUTH

RushmoreAcademy

• All American
« Reply #32 on: April 07, 2014, 01:33:29 PM »
I don't know if Celtic is telling the truth or not, and I know the guy doesn't have many posts, but I just find it funny how the board jumps all over the guy for saying something he heard but then slobbers all over each other to decode false false information from haikus.

WadeATKBurton

• All American
« Reply #33 on: April 07, 2014, 01:35:22 PM »
I don't know if Celtic is telling the truth or not, and I know the guy doesn't have many posts, but I just find it funny how the board jumps all over the guy for saying something he heard but then slobbers all over each other to decode false false information from haikus.

Lol so true but terrible

Celtic Truth

• Starter
  • THE TRUTH
« Reply #34 on: April 07, 2014, 01:41:00 PM »
I don't take any offense to what other people say on here. I kind of think its funny when people doubt me, I get a kick out of it. But you can take it to the bank that JJJ is in a Marquette uniform next year.

That's THE TRUTH

HutchwasClutch

• All American
« Reply #35 on: April 07, 2014, 01:42:05 PM »
Junior Bridgeman had terrible form.  I believe the Bucks retired his jersey a few years back....

Nothing wrong at all with Junior's shooting form that I recall.

MikeDeanesDarkGlasses

• All American
« Reply #36 on: April 07, 2014, 01:42:18 PM »
Sorry Buddy but you are incorrect. Yes I am Irish, and from Boston, and I love the Celtics and Paul Pierce who is "The Truth". Absolutely nothing to do with those clowns from South Bend.

This is THE TRUTH

Very nice!  Clowns from South Bend.  It checks.  Welcome Aboard!!!   I was just breaking your balls.  Speaking of that....  how'd it feel to get swept by the Brewers this weekend?

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #37 on: April 07, 2014, 01:44:55 PM »

This is THE TRUTH

Wouldn't that make you Irish American?  

But thanks for the update, whether it's true or he was just appeasing someone talking to him I can appreciate someone passing along info they here. 
Maigh Eo for Sam

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #38 on: April 07, 2014, 01:45:36 PM »
MUScoop For Noobz Who Want To Be Taken Seriously:

Lesson #1: Back it up, yo.  You got some 4-1-1 to spill?  Then you best be showing the container it came in.

Lesson #2: If you can't follow #1, then truth may only be defined by a consensus.

Lesson #3: It takes three "scoops" to be considered an ice cream cone of knowledge.  To this day, only a handful of triple scoop scoopers exists, and most don't post very often, if at all anymore.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

Celtic Truth

• Starter
  • THE TRUTH
« Reply #39 on: April 07, 2014, 01:49:37 PM »
Very nice!  Clowns from South Bend.  It checks.  Welcome Aboard!!!   I was just breaking your balls.  Speaking of that....  how'd it feel to get swept by the Brewers this weekend?

Im from Boston, bustin balls is a way of life, I love it. The Sox starting rotation looks good, but the bullpen blew it and the bats were really quiet. I didn't expect us to tear it up to start off the year, but when October comes around I know we'll still be playing, and the Brewers will be taking steroids or doing whatever the hell else they do in the offseason.

MikeDeanesDarkGlasses

• All American
« Reply #40 on: April 07, 2014, 02:04:09 PM »
Im from Boston, bustin balls is a way of life, I love it. The Sox starting rotation looks good, but the bullpen blew it and the bats were really quiet. I didn't expect us to tear it up to start off the year, but when October comes around I know we'll still be playing, and the Brewers will be taking steroids or doing whatever the hell else they do in the offseason.

Easy now!!!  The Brewers assembled a crackpot team of marketing executives and have executed a great plan to sweep the (Ryan Braun Fiasco) under the table.  We now have a new team mascot, that is a cute, little stray dog that just happened to walk onto the spring training fields in Arizona.  The media has pumped is image out everywhere and mother and children seem to be drooling all over this little mutt.  He even has gotten a bobblehead to be distributed at later game this year!!!  I guarantee, this little guy will warm your heart.....

PED's?  No..... look at our cute dog we have!!! 

brandx

« Reply #41 on: April 07, 2014, 02:40:05 PM »

Bridgeman had great form - classic jump shot.

war1980rior

• Team Captain
« Reply #42 on: April 07, 2014, 02:42:34 PM »
Bridgeman had great form - classic jump shot.

Pure shooter - Great form!

WadeATKBurton

• All American
« Reply #43 on: April 07, 2014, 03:16:13 PM »
Nothing is confirmed unless Jim Ganzer announces it.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #44 on: April 07, 2014, 04:46:05 PM »
Bridgeman's shot was incredibly flat.  My recollection was that he explained this was the result of learning to shoot in a tiny gym with low ceilings (think maybe Gary or East Chicago, Indiana?).

He made lots of shots...but his form was FAR from classic.

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #45 on: April 07, 2014, 04:48:34 PM »
The Pancake Jumper as Eddie Doucette used to call it.
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

brandx

« Reply #46 on: April 07, 2014, 04:55:10 PM »
Bridgeman's shot was incredibly flat.  My recollection was that he explained this was the result of learning to shoot in a tiny gym with low ceilings (think maybe Gary or East Chicago, Indiana?).

Low trajectory, but he had classic form on the jumper.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #47 on: April 07, 2014, 04:57:45 PM »

When my kids were growing up, we lived in a very nice neighborhood about a mile West of Wrigley Field and they went to one of the best grade schools in Chicago. There were so many ropes and ladders and partial screens and other stuff hanging from the ceiling of our little gym that it required considerably less arc on shots. Oh, and the ceiling for some reason jutted down above the endlines, so corner jumpers would slam into it.

We had the best homecourt advantage in our league!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Texas Western

• All American
« Reply #48 on: April 07, 2014, 04:59:49 PM »
Some people quickly forgot the type of talent that JJJ has. There was a reason he was #27 in the ESPN top 100, and the #3 SG in the country. He does need to get stronger, and refine his jumper over the summer but he has amazing potential. His confidence was clearly shook by Brent, and his minutes were amazingly inconsistent. He would go from a starter, to a bench player, to someone who didn't play at all, it was ridiculous. He should be as happy as anyone that Brent is gone, and hopefully this year he shows what he is capable of.
JJJ has speed quickness anticipation and court vision. He needs consistent minutes to take advantage of his skill set . I think he will do well in he new regime.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #49 on: April 07, 2014, 05:06:01 PM »
JJJ has speed quickness anticipation and court vision. He needs consistent minutes to take advantage of his skill set . I think he will do well in he new regime.

I think you are right. As is the case with Burton -- and many other young college players -- JJJ needs to get better at basic defense. But as is the case with Burton, JJJ's quickness and anticipation led to many deflections and steals -- which we needed far more of last season and will need far more of this year.

Even if Derrick and Jake were as good defensively as Buzz claimed, they did not cause the kind of turnovers that result in fastbreak layups, one of the main reasons we struggled to score.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson