[Today at 08:10:52 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by avid1010
[Today at 07:48:11 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by tower912
[Today at 05:47:31 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by WhiteTrash
[Today at 03:52:54 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: JJJ confirms that he is staying at MU  (Read 48169 times)

Celtic Truth

• Starter
  • THE TRUTH
JJJ confirms that he is staying at MU
« on: April 06, 2014, 10:56:24 PM »
Its official, JaJuan Johnson said he is staying at Marquette. I saw him out last night, had a great conversation with him and he told me he is staying. He likes Wojo a lot and he's really excited about the future.

Believe it or not but this is THE TRUTH

MikeDeanesDarkGlasses

• All American
  • "Seat belts On! We're Going For A Ride!"
Re: JJJ confirms that he is staying at MU
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2014, 10:57:26 PM »
Its official, JaJuan Johnson said he is staying at Marquette. I saw him out last night, had a great conversation with him and he told me he is staying. He likes Wojo a lot and he's really excited about the future.

Believe it or not but this is THE TRUTH

What else did he have to say? What does he like about Wojo?  Did he say anything else about the other teammates?

Celtic Truth

• Starter
  • THE TRUTH
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2014, 11:09:31 PM »
He said he thinks Wojo is a straight up guy, and he brings a new positive attitude to the program. And he has a lot of energy and is ready to get things rolling. I also told JJJ that Buzz screwed him this past year by not playing him, and he obviously seemed to agree. I said that this upcoming year Todd is going to get a lot of minutes at the 2guard but there should be consistent minutes at the 2 and 3 for JJJ. He agreed, he thinks Todd deserves to play a lot of consistent minutes, but JJJ thinks he'll get steady time. And his junior and senior years he'll step right into the starting spot and play big minutes.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2014, 11:12:14 PM »
He said he thinks Wojo is a straight up guy, and he brings a new positive attitude to the program. And he has a lot of energy and is ready to get things rolling. I also told JJJ that Buzz screwed him this past year by not playing him, and he obviously seemed to agree. I said that this upcoming year Todd is going to get a lot of minutes at the 2guard but there should be consistent minutes at the 2 and 3 for JJJ. He agreed, he thinks Todd deserves to play a lot of consistent minutes, but JJJ thinks he'll get steady time. And his junior and senior years he'll step right into the starting spot and play big minutes.

I dont think its a good idea to put those thoughts into his head. Let Wojo talk to him about playing time.

MikeDeanesDarkGlasses

• All American
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2014, 11:18:30 PM »
I dont think its a good idea to put those thoughts into his head. Let Wojo talk to him about playing time.

Don't worry about it.  He knows Wojo is boss.  It would have been interesting if Celtic Truth would have told him to work on his defense.  That would have been hilarious. 

BCHoopster

• All American
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2014, 11:18:53 PM »

JJJ, needs to worry about one thing this summer, improvement, gain 15 lbs., get stronger as MU will be playing small next year.  I see Mayo playing the 3, not quick enough to play the 2.  I like
to see Dawson and Wilson playing together, of course, the wild card is Hill.  I can see a 3 guard line-up next year as the only bigs are Taylor and Burton, I see them both playing 20 minutes next year.  If you play them together, there will be not bench as of right now, I forgot Juan, but I have to see great improvement before I see him playing.  Hope it happens.

NotBuzzWilliams

• Starter
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2014, 11:19:24 PM »

MikeDeanesDarkGlasses

• All American
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2014, 11:24:49 PM »
JJJ, needs to worry about one thing this summer, improvement, gain 15 lbs., get stronger as MU will be playing small next year.  I see Mayo playing the 3, not quick enough to play the 2.  I like
to see Dawson and Wilson playing together, of course, the wild card is Hill.  I can see a 3 guard line-up next year as the only bigs are Taylor and Burton, I see them both playing 20 minutes next year.  If you play them together, there will be not bench as of right now, I forgot Juan, but I have to see great improvement before I see him playing.  Hope it happens.

How small are we going here?  6'4 Burton at the 4 spot and Mayo at the 3?  There's not enough 3 point firepower to go that small when you have Wilson out there. 

Celtic Truth

• Starter
  • THE TRUTH
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2014, 11:31:01 PM »
Some people quickly forgot the type of talent that JJJ has. There was a reason he was #27 in the ESPN top 100, and the #3 SG in the country. He does need to get stronger, and refine his jumper over the summer but he has amazing potential. His confidence was clearly shook by Brent, and his minutes were amazingly inconsistent. He would go from a starter, to a bench player, to someone who didn't play at all, it was ridiculous. He should be as happy as anyone that Brent is gone, and hopefully this year he shows what he is capable of.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2014, 11:55:18 PM »
We'll see about Mayo

mr.MUskie

• All American
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2014, 12:23:30 AM »

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2014, 12:24:46 AM »
From what I have heard, yes JJJ is staying.

However, do I believe this story for second?

TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2014, 12:25:14 AM »
We'll see about Mayo

Not sure what you are hearing. I'm hearing the exact opposite
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2014, 12:30:46 AM »
Not sure what you are hearing. I'm hearing the exact opposite

PM

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2014, 01:32:35 AM »

"Why the hell am I sitting, Coach?? Celtic Truth told me I would be playing, you sonuvabitch!"

Death on call

NickelDimer

• All American
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2014, 08:33:45 AM »
Lol
No Finish Line

MU82

• All American
« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2014, 08:50:14 AM »
How small are we going here?  6'4 Burton at the 4 spot and Mayo at the 3?  There's not enough 3 point firepower to go that small when you have Wilson out there. 

This is an excellent point. Most teams that go with four guys who stand 6-5 or less do so to spread the court for their 3-point shooters. We lost the 3-point battle badly in almost every game last season. That, along with an almost complete absence of steals converted to fastbreak hoops, doomed our offense and torpedoed our season.

Now, Duane was a 55% shooter from 3-point range in high school and JJJ obviously could fill it up, too. Mayo has his moments. Put that together with Burton, who showed surprising range in his few trey attempts and Fischer, who supposedly can be a stretch-4, and maybe there's more there than we've seen to date. Even Taylor occasionally had been willing to take the top-of-the-key "Lazar & Jae 3."

Yet another in the long list of "We'll see" factors entering next season.

If this is accurate about JJJ definitely returning -- and we have no reason to think it isn't -- that's great news.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

GOO

• All American
« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2014, 09:21:10 AM »
For people that really know something, does Wojo change JJJ's shot?  The form is so terrible.  Or, do coach's just go with what they got if they hit a reasonable amount?

I think it would benefit him to change his shot to at least not release low from the side.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2014, 09:25:45 AM »
For people that really know something, does Wojo change JJJ's shot?  The form is so terrible.  Or, do coach's just go with what they got if they hit a reasonable amount?

I think it would benefit him to change his shot to at least not release low from the side.

As long as it works it doesnt really matter.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2014, 09:27:59 AM »

Did John Wooden, who knew a thing or two about coaching, change Keith (now Jamaal) Wilkes' shot? If it ain't broke ...
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2014, 09:31:47 AM »
Were you also the source for #donedeal?

The Lens

• All American
FIXED THE SUBJECT LINE.
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

frozena pizza

• All American
« Reply #22 on: April 07, 2014, 09:46:10 AM »

I doubt it.  I'm a Wolves fan and always cringe at Kevin Martin's ugly jumper.  He said that coaches have always tried to change it but he stuck with what was comfortable to him.  He's a 39% 3 pt shooter and 89% from the line.  I wouldn't want him to tinker with it too much and would say the same for JJJ.

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #23 on: April 07, 2014, 11:14:12 AM »
I doubt it.  I'm a Wolves fan and always cringe at Kevin Martin's ugly jumper.  He said that coaches have always tried to change it but he stuck with what was comfortable to him.  He's a 39% 3 pt shooter and 89% from the line.  I wouldn't want him to tinker with it too much and would say the same for JJJ.

Jerel's was ugly too, and he went from a 28% three point shooter to a 40% three point shooter his senior year. Reggie Miller's wasn't textbook either. I think JJJ just needs to build some more strength and shoot it with confidence and he should be fine.

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #24 on: April 07, 2014, 12:39:37 PM »

Agreed. If they make them you leave it be. Kevin Martin knew how to get the ball in the hoop and that was the objective, good form is just a plus.

Shawn Marion had years of success you will never teach a kid to shoot like that.
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

feedback