[Today at 01:04:10 PM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by Uncle Rico
[Today at 01:03:27 PM]

Tyler Kolek's "legacy" by Newsdreams
[Today at 12:37:27 PM]

NC State by Sturgeon General Warrior
[Today at 12:34:46 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: ny2lasports AAU Tournament in MKE April 4-6  (Read 10100 times)

Rockmic87

• Team Captain
ny2lasports AAU Tournament in MKE April 4-6
« on: April 04, 2014, 11:17:07 AM »
Any info. on recruits playing in the ny2lasports tournament this weekend in MKE?  I expect Wojo will be busy this weekend with recruiting at ny2lasports.

MULS1999

• Walk-On
Re: ny2lasports AAU Tournament in MKE April 4-6
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2014, 11:23:42 AM »
Any info. on recruits playing in the ny2lasports tournament this weekend in MKE?  I expect Wojo will be busy this weekend with recruiting at ny2lasports.

It's a dead period, so no recruiting allowed.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2014, 11:24:56 AM »
Crappy few days to try and do some recruiting.
Maigh Eo for Sam

nyg

• All American

MUEng92

• All American
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2014, 12:12:17 PM »
It's a dead period, so no recruiting allowed.

Does dead mean no watching or just no talking?

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2014, 12:21:08 PM »
Only one evaluation period this spring - end of April. NY2LA will be in the Twin Cities that wknd... D1 MN also w/a Mpls event that wknd. Tourneys all over that wknd
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2014, 03:01:44 PM »
Yo homeboy BeeJay, you got any cheat sheets as to who to watch?  What games might be good games to see in the 'Quon this weekend?
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

MUWarrior4Life

• Team Captain
  • Pro Deo Et Patria
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2014, 10:07:54 PM »
Just got home from ny2la tourney Sat next to duane Wilson and chief cohen. Watched playground elite lose a close game to meanstreets from Chi. Stone was in attendance as well as his dad. Malek Harris played . Noswiak didnt have a good game .

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2014, 10:12:05 PM »
Just got home from ny2la tourney Sat next to duane Wilson and chief cohen. Watched playground elite lose a close game to meanstreets from Chi. Stone was in attendance as well as his dad. Malek Harris played . Noswiak didnt have a good game .

Did Cohen tell Duane "I'm all in?"
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

MUWarrior4Life

• Team Captain
  • Pro Deo Et Patria
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2014, 10:26:55 PM »
Not to my knowledge

brandx

« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2014, 10:30:49 PM »

Good sign than Cohen is hangin' with Duane in Milwaukee.

MikeDeanesDarkGlasses

• All American
  • "Seat belts On! We're Going For A Ride!"
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2014, 10:48:17 PM »

Good sign than Cohen is hangin' with Duane in Milwaukee.

I'm sure he's picking his brain on Wojo.  He's met all the guys on the team before.  I'm sure they'll sell him. 

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2014, 06:35:01 AM »
Wojo's assistants are out there recruiting right now. Mark my words.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2014, 07:51:19 AM »
Yo homeboy BeeJay, you got any cheat sheets as to who to watch?  What games might be good games to see in the 'Quon this weekend?

Mac Irvin Fire & Meanstreets are there and both have numerous guys to watch

Cody Schwartz from Wisconsin Blizzard Pronschinske -- is a guy I want to see again this spring & summer.

Damon Key's kid is with Wisconsin United

Playground Elite Wilson (YUS!) - Henry "HenBA" Ellenson has of course been one of my favorites for a long while. Underrated nationally - let's watch the respect elevate.

Team NLP has a traditional that screams Wisconsin in Evan Boudreaux. Traditional that is Mr. Effort. Rebounding, scoring, what do you need? He can deliver. He's a really good basketball player. Not much of a wow factor, and gets the most out of what he's got vs. being a guy who has immense talent / just achieving a high ceiling... a worker who producers. A guy other teams will hate and his college's fans will love.

St. Louis Eagles - Jayson Tatum is legit.

Young Legends, All Ohio Red, DRose All stars, Louisville Magic, lots of interesting teams... still early and I'm not sure who is with who this early weekend, but there should be plenty of talent in the buildings.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2014, 11:03:24 AM »
Mac Irvin Fire & Meanstreets are there and both have numerous guys to watch

Cody Schwartz from Wisconsin Blizzard Pronschinske -- is a guy I want to see again this spring & summer.

Damon Key's kid is with Wisconsin United

Playground Elite Wilson (YUS!) - Henry "HenBA" Ellenson has of course been one of my favorites for a long while. Underrated nationally - let's watch the respect elevate.

Team NLP has a traditional that screams Wisconsin in Evan Boudreaux. Traditional that is Mr. Effort. Rebounding, scoring, what do you need? He can deliver. He's a really good basketball player. Not much of a wow factor, and gets the most out of what he's got vs. being a guy who has immense talent / just achieving a high ceiling... a worker who producers. A guy other teams will hate and his college's fans will love.

Young Legends, All Ohio Red, DRose All stars, Louisville Magic, lots of interesting teams... still early and I'm not sure who is with who this early weekend, but there should be plenty of talent in the buildings.

Always appreciated.  Not sure if I'll get out there this weekend or not.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Wojo'sMojo

• All American
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2014, 11:08:05 AM »

I didn't know Wojo has any assistants?

The Process

• All American
« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2014, 11:31:41 AM »

Duane Wilson, as evidenced by this thread.
Relax. Respect the Process.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2014, 11:51:38 AM »

If they were already officially assistants, then they would have to abide by NCAA recruiting rules.

This is what I'm guessing, BTW. Wojo would have had dudes in mind, and phone calls will have already been made. Recruiting has unofficially begun.

muhoops1

• All American
« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2014, 03:56:00 PM »

Who are his assistants?  I've seen no mention of a staff....

MikeDeanesDarkGlasses

• All American
« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2014, 04:40:06 PM »
Who are his assistants?  I've seen no mention of a staff....

Otherwise known as the "Black Hand" or if you modernize it .... Wojo's Pimp Hand - a rogue band of assistants that has sleeper cells in every city that fields an AAU team.  Recently of the coach K coaching tree, these scallywags disassociated themselves from all coach k affiliation, right after Wojo set off to coach his own flagship at Marquette University.  Whereabouts of this group or members is currently unknown and make random appearances at AAU events across the country.  Their unpredictability gives them an upper hand in the recruiting process, giving them a cult like status among amateur basketball players.  While unproven, many scouts on the recruiting circuit say that this group's influence and power grow by the day.  Once they step outside of the darkness, will be a day that lives in Marquette infamy. 

When Wojo was asked about this, he declined to comment as he was picked up in an all black Escalade with blacked out windows. 

wildbill sb

• Team Captain
« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2014, 04:55:16 PM »
Otherwise known as the "Black Hand" or if you modernize it .... Wojo's Pimp Hand - a rogue band of assistants that has sleeper cells in every city that fields an AAU team.  Recently of the coach K coaching tree, these scallywags disassociated themselves from all coach k affiliation, right after Wojo set off to coach his own flagship at Marquette University.  Whereabouts of this group or members is currently unknown and make random appearances at AAU events across the country.  Their unpredictability gives them an upper hand in the recruiting process, giving them a cult like status among amateur basketball players.  While unproven, many scouts on the recruiting circuit say that this group's influence and power grow by the day.  Once they step outside of the darkness, will be a day that lives in Marquette infamy.  

When Wojo was asked about this, he declined to comment as he was picked up in an all black Escalade with blacked out windows.

Lame.  Take some time off.  You need the rest.
“I’m working as hard as I can to get my life and my cash to run out at the same time. If I can just die after lunch Tuesday, everything will be perfect.”  - Doug Sanders, professional golfer

muhoops1

• All American
« Reply #21 on: April 05, 2014, 05:10:16 PM »
Otherwise known as the "Black Hand" or if you modernize it .... Wojo's Pimp Hand - a rogue band of assistants that has sleeper cells in every city that fields an AAU team.  Recently of the coach K coaching tree, these scallywags disassociated themselves from all coach k affiliation, right after Wojo set off to coach his own flagship at Marquette University.  Whereabouts of this group or members is currently unknown and make random appearances at AAU events across the country.  Their unpredictability gives them an upper hand in the recruiting process, giving them a cult like status among amateur basketball players.  While unproven, many scouts on the recruiting circuit say that this group's influence and power grow by the day.  Once they step outside of the darkness, will be a day that lives in Marquette infamy. 

Like Basketball Ninjas?

MikeDeanesDarkGlasses

• All American
« Reply #22 on: April 05, 2014, 05:25:24 PM »
Like Basketball Ninjas?

Shhhhhh......  I see (Dead People) Wojo's Recruiters

MULS1999

• Walk-On
« Reply #23 on: April 05, 2014, 06:21:39 PM »
Watched Ellenson twice today.  He needs coach badly, specifically someone to constantly remind him that he's 6'9".  He has a nice stroke and decent handles for a big guy, but he constantly jacked up off balance jumpshots against smaller players -- most of which he missed.  I also think I counted a total of three rebounds in two games, despite his being the tallest player on the court.  He has tools, but a frustrating player. 

Noskowiak played better today.  Playground Elite has him playing more off-ball, which is odd.  But he made 5 threes and the jumper is much improved.  Between games, he spoke to Jerry Meyer of 247 Sports and told him that his initial contacts with Wojo have been very positive and that he "like that [Wojo] was a point guard."  Our new coach is going to Sun Prairie next week to watch him work out and for an in-home visit.  Encouraging signs that he'll return to the fold.

injuryBug

• Team Captain
« Reply #24 on: April 05, 2014, 06:27:47 PM »
Saw Ellenson and Noskowiak today.  Noskowiak is legit and plays with an edge.  Real nice pull up and finishes well with both hands.
Ellenson spent most of his time like in HS on the perimeter.  Had a few chances to throw it down on guys and tried to lay it in without success.  Needs to get mean inside.  Forgets he is 6'10 and thinks he is 6'2 a lot of upside though.

Mac Irvin was filled with freak athletes as always.

Are rules the same for D2 and D3 and NAIA coaches as D1?  Saw several from these levels on hand

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #25 on: April 05, 2014, 09:31:33 PM »
Saw Ellenson and Noskowiak today.  Noskowiak is legit and plays with an edge.  Real nice pull up and finishes well with both hands.

Are rules the same for D2 and D3 and NAIA coaches as D1?  Saw several from these levels on hand

Iiiiissssshhhh!

Recruiting rules and calendars --> all different. In WI this weekend, I think D-III & NAIA would be fine; D-II might be problematic. I think they're in a dead period now (with the exception of watching certain events in Dallas)... but don't quote me on that - don't get too into the non-D-I world a lot.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #26 on: April 05, 2014, 10:21:15 PM »
Bet IWB is there kickin' it with his sources, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #27 on: April 06, 2014, 06:04:00 AM »
the guy who runs this-ny2la sports has some input with many of the coaches/universities as they serve as the conduit between the players/parents to the academic institutions.  in other words, who do you think catches the jazz first when coaching changes are occurring?  yup, the dude at ny2la has a real good pulse for the juicy chit that is going on.  like when buzz suddenly left, ny2la caught some serious spittle in the ear over it.  i mean the helicopter parents rely on him for solid info regarding a school and it's athletic administration/stability, etc...in order to help their future "$$ makers" or i suppose in all their minds, "future nba ballers"make a good decision on where to go
don't...don't don't don't don't

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #28 on: April 12, 2017, 11:08:56 AM »

Boudreaux...Synergy just noted he led the nation in ppg on Pick n Pops (sophomore at Dartmouth)... he also was top 30 in DR%... Mr Effort

GoldenDieners32

• All American
« Reply #29 on: April 12, 2017, 11:16:13 AM »
Nothing to do with NY2LA but Nike EYBL starts next weekend.

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #30 on: April 12, 2017, 03:04:55 PM »
This year's Swish N' Dish finished up about ten days ago. Good as always.

http://www.ny2lasports.com/event_one.aspx?eventid=3