[Today at 07:03:51 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by jfp61
[Today at 06:19:23 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Uncle Rico
[Today at 05:33:25 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by WhiteTrash
[Today at 04:47:36 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Report: Flory still committed  (Read 16473 times)

Pakuni

• All American
Report: Flory still committed
« on: April 03, 2014, 06:28:54 PM »
Not necessarily a surprise, and not sure it's worth much with so much time to go before he finishes high school, but there it is.

Daily Eagle @Daily_Eagle
Philip Flory is still committed to Marquette, and plans to meet with Coach Wojo next week. #mubb

WarriorPride68

• All American
Re: Report: Flory still committed
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2014, 06:34:00 PM »
Phew. Must have

Tums Festival

• All American
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2014, 06:35:05 PM »
It's something positive.
"Every day ends with a Tums festival!"

Groin_pull

• All American
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2014, 06:39:09 PM »
So much can happen between now and his senior year, but it's good to hear. Sounds like he's a very talented kid. I believe he's the top ranked WI player for 2017.

Texas Western

• All American
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2014, 07:24:11 PM »
Not necessarily a surprise, and not sure it's worth much with so much time to go before he finishes high school, but there it is.

Daily Eagle @Daily_Eagle
Philip Flory is still committed to Marquette, and plans to meet with Coach Wojo next week. #mubb

Lets see what kind of player he turns out to be. Right now it is nice to have him committed providing he continues on the expected maturation curve.

HutchwasClutch

• All American
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2014, 11:04:37 PM »
As mentioned already, not a surprise, found this quote from when he gave his verbal last September-

“'I watched a lot of Marquette basketball games as a kid, and they were my favorite team. I also get the chance to follow my father’s footsteps. Marquette was always my choice of where I wanted to play,'” said Phillip."

Always critical to keep the best in your home state, for any program.

He's listed at 6'3" will be interesting to see what he is when he gets to MU.  Think his dad was 6'5".

MikeDeanesDarkGlasses

• All American
  • "Seat belts On! We're Going For A Ride!"
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2014, 11:08:13 PM »
As mentioned already, not a surprise, found this quote from when he gave his verbal last September-

“'I watched a lot of Marquette basketball games as a kid, and they were my favorite team. I also get the chance to follow my father’s footsteps. Marquette was always my choice of where I wanted to play,'” said Phillip."

He's listed at 6'3" will be interesting to see what he is when he gets to MU.  Think his dad was 6'5".

I hope he pans out, but Buzz wasn't the greatest at picking out talent at the junior and senior levels in high school.  Hopefully, he lucked out with an 8th grader that's just starting to take algebra. 

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
SS Marquette

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2014, 01:23:01 AM »
Lets see what kind of player he turns out to be. Right now it is nice to have him committed providing he continues on the expected maturation curve.

Or what?? He gets The WoJo NoGo?

Death on call

Freeport Warrior

• All American
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2014, 08:49:42 AM »
Heard yesterday that Flory might be switching to Stevens Point HS. That will be one nice high school team for the next two years. Three highly rated recruits: Trevor Anderson (Jr.), Sam Hauser (Jr.), Flory (Soph.) and Hauser's little brother Joey who will be a freshman (6' 4"). Also heard that Flory is good friends with Henry Ellingson from Rice Lake and is always in his ear trying to get him to come to MU.

muhoops1

• All American
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2014, 09:40:27 AM »
Heard yesterday that Flory might be switching to Stevens Point HS. That will be one nice high school team for the next two years. Three highly rated recruits: Trevor Anderson (Jr.), Sam Hauser (Jr.), Flory (Soph.) and Hauser's little brother Joey who will be a freshman (6' 4"). Also heard that Flory is good friends with Henry Ellingson from Rice Lake and is always in his ear trying to get him to come to MU.

I saw him play twice last year.  Didn't shoot particularly well in either game.  Got his points from the stripe.  It's too early to judge, but he appears older than 14/15.  Forgot he was just a Fr.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2014, 09:57:36 AM »
There are several years of development that he will undergo, and he could progress or not over that time. Glad he is committed, and not saying that Wojo would not offer him a scholarship, but should it not be Wojo's right to decide when the kid is a Jr. in HS whether he would offer or not.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

Windyplayer

• All American
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2014, 10:39:10 AM »
It's a precarious situation when you have a commit that young. If he doesn't pan out and offers are only coming from the DIII variety, then MU will definitely not give him a scholarship. However, if he exceeds expectations, MU would expect him to stay committed despite offers from myriad blue bloods. I'm not banking on anything with Flory at his current age, and knowing what I know now, would not blame him for going elsewhere when the time comes to make an informed decision based on his skill level and what's best for him as a 17 or 18-year old young man.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2014, 10:42:17 AM »
Hes an MU lifer so im not really worried about blue bloods if he absolutely blows up. I really hope he continues to improve and becomes an absolute stud. Still have 3 years but we will see.

Earl Tatum

• All American
« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2014, 02:06:12 PM »
FREEPORT WARRIOR---Good source--- Flory family is contemplating moving to Milwaukee. He would like to
go to Germantown if possible. Word from up north.

Freeport Warrior

• All American
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2014, 02:48:12 PM »
FREEPORT WARRIOR---Good source--- Flory family is contemplating moving to Milwaukee. He would like to
go to Germantown if possible. Word from up north.
Talked to the father of an AAU teammate of his yesterday afternoon and passed along the info. Hide me.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2014, 10:56:09 AM »

Texas Western

• All American
« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2014, 11:34:30 AM »
http://www.wisconsinrapidstribune.com/story/sports/high-school/basketball/2014/07/28/flory-transferring-oshkosh-north/13298631/

Flory transferring from Wisconsin Rapids to Oshkosh North.
I think this is a precarious situation. It would not surprise me if he has to do a pg year at a basketball factory.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2014, 11:45:27 AM »
I think this is a precarious situation. It would not surprise me if he has to do a pg year at a basketball factory.

Why?  He is eligible for a transfer since he is moving.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #19 on: July 29, 2014, 11:47:04 AM »
Just curious. Where do you hear such things of what 15 year old is whispering into the ears of a 17 year old in the hinterlands of northern Wisconsin?
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

Chicos' Buzz Scandal Countdown

• All American
« Reply #20 on: July 29, 2014, 12:49:38 PM »
Serious question: Why is it critical to keep the best WI kids in-state for MU? How would it be worse if we let them go but picked off the best kids from IL each year?
"Half a billion we used to do about every two months...or as my old boss would say, 'you're on the hook for $8 million a day come hell or high water-.    Never missed in 6 years." - Chico apropos of nothing

Nukem2

• All American
« Reply #21 on: July 29, 2014, 12:54:28 PM »
Just curious. Where do you hear such things of what 15 year old is whispering into the ears of a 17 year old in the hinterlands of northern Wisconsin?
Mark Miller reported yesterday that Flory is going to Oshkosh North.

MuMark

• All American
« Reply #22 on: July 29, 2014, 01:53:10 PM »
Serious question: Why is it critical to keep the best WI kids in-state for MU? How would it be worse if we let them go but picked off the best kids from IL each year?

Because we aren't going to get the best kids from Illinois every year........

Freeport Warrior

• All American
« Reply #23 on: July 29, 2014, 02:04:57 PM »
A friend whose son played with him for a few years. I heard the Oshkosh North thing a few weeks ago but was told to keep quiet because Mark Miller was going to break it once it was absolutely a #done deal. And before you say"bs," "source" and all of the typical stuff, I private messaged Earl Tatum (who called me out a few months back for a crappy source on this exact issue) two weeks ago when I found out. Apparently it came down to Germantown and Oshkosh North because the elder Flory has some type of position that doesn't require a specific home base and he wanted to get into a good program with a solid coach. I was also told that the "feelers" were put out to Stevens Point and the reception was lukewarm. Perhaps too many D1 players and not enough basketballs.

River rat

• Team Captain
« Reply #24 on: July 29, 2014, 02:29:28 PM »
A friend whose son played with him for a few years. I heard the Oshkosh North thing a few weeks ago but was told to keep quiet because Mark Miller was going to break it once it was absolutely a #done deal. And before you say"bs," "source" and all of the typical stuff, I private messaged Earl Tatum (who called me out a few months back for a crappy source on this exact issue) two weeks ago when I found out. Apparently it came down to Germantown and Oshkosh North because the elder Flory has some type of position that doesn't require a specific home base and he wanted to get into a good program with a solid coach. I was also told that the "feelers" were put out to Stevens Point and the reception was lukewarm. Perhaps too many D1 players and not enough basketballs.

Why would a former player form Mt Vernon, NY care about the source of information on some 15 year old kid from Wisconsin?

feedback