[Today at 07:53:14 AM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by PJDunn
[Today at 07:36:37 AM]

D-I Logo Quiz by IL Warrior
[April 24, 2024, 09:57:20 PM]

Best case scenarios by We R Final Four
[April 24, 2024, 08:12:40 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Shaka Smart... Doc Rivers involved?  (Read 37593 times)

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
Re: Shaka Smart... Doc Rivers involved?
« Reply #50 on: March 23, 2014, 04:42:59 PM »
http://instagram.com/p/b_-ZGPwzmY/

Looks like Doc and Shaka have known each other for a while. Relationships always make a difference!

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #51 on: March 23, 2014, 05:15:51 PM »
Unless you graduated from a school, you are foolish to wait for a big time job to open up. There is no guarantee that they would hire you. I see no indication that Bo Ryan is going to retire anytime soon. Duke most likely is going with a Duke connection. Besides that K will not retire until Boheim does.

VCUInsider

• Walk-On
« Reply #52 on: March 23, 2014, 05:17:39 PM »
I'm not going to give you my credentials, but I am a person with "intimate knowledge" of the VCU athletic department.  I can tell you that Doc and Shaka DID NOT have a meeting Shaka boarded a Private Plane (with the rest of the team) and made their way home.  However, Larry Williams has reached out to Shaka Smart.  Rumbles over here in the AD office are loud.  There will be more information tomorrow. VCU is working on a rebuttal offer, and could go as high as 2 million and a guarantee on the 25 million dollar practice facility to commence construction with no delays.

In all honesty, Shaka has no attachment to Wisconsin from conversations that I've had with him.  This has merely been speculation of all Big Ten teams that have had an interest in hiring Shaka Smart.

mr.MUskie

• All American
« Reply #53 on: March 23, 2014, 05:19:51 PM »
I'm not going to give you my credentials, but I am a person with "intimate knowledge" of the VCU athletic department.  I can tell you that Doc and Shaka DID NOT have a meeting Shaka boarded a Private Plane (with the rest of the team) and made their way home.  However, Larry Williams has reached out to Shaka Smart.  Rumbles over here in the AD office are loud.  There will be more information tomorrow. VCU is working on a rebuttal offer, and could go as high as 2 million and a guarantee on the 25 million dollar practice facility to commence construction with no delays.

In all honesty, Shaka has no attachment to Wisconsin from conversations that I've had with him.  This has merely been speculation of all Big Ten teams that have had an interest in hiring Shaka Smart.

Larry Williams?

Goose

• All American
« Reply #54 on: March 23, 2014, 05:20:09 PM »
VCU

Very insightful. Happy to hear Larry did not hold a grudge and is helping out:)

MUCam

• All American
« Reply #55 on: March 23, 2014, 05:21:01 PM »

Interesting insight. Did you speak with Larry, personally? If so, how's he doing since leaving Marquette? Tell him I miss his hat.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #56 on: March 23, 2014, 05:21:20 PM »
nm
« Last Edit: March 23, 2014, 05:27:27 PM by chitownwarrior2011 »

Wisco

• Starter
« Reply #57 on: March 23, 2014, 05:23:06 PM »

Just so everyone is aware...

VCUInsider has posted on numerous message boards of teams that Shaka has had an "interest" in over the years. He tends to get everyone going only to be disappointed later (in fact, he is responsible for the longest thread in the history of the Minnesota board).

This is nothing but a joke. I think that is clear enough from the LW reference. As a VCU and Marquette fan, I think everyone on here deserves to know this before getting their hopes up.

VCUInsider

• Walk-On
« Reply #58 on: March 23, 2014, 05:23:21 PM »
Larry Williams?

I am embarrassed, I looked up your AD. I was told "Marquette's athletic director" and I didn't know who your AD was.  Sorry for the misinformation.  I'll stay away.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #59 on: March 23, 2014, 05:23:53 PM »
Interesting insight. Did you speak with Larry, personally? If so, how's he doing since leaving Marquette? Tell him I miss his hat.

Lol, that unnatural carnal knowledgeing hat.

tweakers_suck

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #60 on: March 23, 2014, 05:25:17 PM »
Just so everyone is aware...

VCUInsider has posted on numerous message boards of teams that Shaka has had an "interest" in over the years. He tends to get everyone going only to be disappointed later (in fact, he is responsible for the longest thread in the history of the Minnesota board).

This is nothing but a joke. I think that is clear enough from the LW reference. As a VCU and Marquette fan, I think everyone on here deserves to know this before getting their hopes up.

Thank you. There are two ways to read Goose's last post. I'm guessing the tongue-in-cheek interpretation is correct?

Eldon

• All American
« Reply #61 on: March 23, 2014, 05:26:27 PM »
Did you guys not watch the SFA-VCU game?  After Graham hit a 3, Shaka was joyfully dancing.

It only makes sense that Larry would reach out to him.

The key question is whether Larry will reprimand him in the JS or the Richmond Dispatch.

Wisco

• Starter
« Reply #62 on: March 23, 2014, 05:26:48 PM »
Thank you. There are two ways to read Goose's last post. I'm guessing the tongue-in-cheek interpretation is correct?

Correct...I've known Goose to be a great source of info over the years but it's clear that he and others saw right through the garbage.

nyg

• All American
« Reply #63 on: March 23, 2014, 05:28:04 PM »

MU probably goes over the 2M mark for Smart and MU already has a state of the art practice facility.  Doesn't have to wait for construction and MU plays in an NBA arena.  

Wisco

• Starter
« Reply #64 on: March 23, 2014, 05:28:12 PM »
Did you guys not watch the SFA-VCU game?  After Graham hit a 3, Shaka was joyfully dancing.

It only makes sense that Larry would reach out to him.

The key question is whether Larry will reprimand him in the JS or the Richmond Dispatch.

Probably the Times-Dispatch...it is a rag of a paper similar to the JS.

The true question is whether or not he will sport a sweaty ball cap.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #65 on: March 23, 2014, 05:29:39 PM »
So VCU really was not an insider?

bobnoxious

• Team Captain
« Reply #66 on: March 23, 2014, 05:30:09 PM »

Up to $2 million dollars? We should just not even try then

Litehouse

• All American
« Reply #67 on: March 23, 2014, 05:31:25 PM »
VCU, thanks for the info. We've gone through this "we're gonna steal your coach" and "our program is better than your program" crap the last few years, and it sucks.

Wisco

• Starter
« Reply #68 on: March 23, 2014, 05:31:37 PM »
Sadly, no. Just a Becky fan looking to stir the pot.

Scratch that, I heard him mention that Larry Mullins reached out to Shaka so there must be some truth in all of this.

VCUInsider

• Walk-On
« Reply #69 on: March 23, 2014, 05:31:54 PM »
Up to $2 million dollars? We should just not even try then

The practice facility has been in the works and is set to start construction this spring.  The 2 million is merely a raise from the 1.5 28 year contract he currently has.

Mutaman

• All American
  • "Technically this is true."
« Reply #70 on: March 23, 2014, 05:32:24 PM »
For what its worth, Shaka was also outcoached by a baldheaded old man in Brooklyn last Sunday.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #71 on: March 23, 2014, 05:32:31 PM »

It's the  Internet. Everybody is an insider.

VCUInsider

• Walk-On
« Reply #72 on: March 23, 2014, 05:33:15 PM »
For what its worth, Shaka was also outcoached by a baldheaded old man in Brooklyn last Sunday.

He does look like Uncle Fester.

Wisco

• Starter
« Reply #73 on: March 23, 2014, 05:34:24 PM »
The practice facility has been in the works and is set to start construction this spring.  The 2 million is merely a raise from the 1.5 28 year contract he currently has.
Please, I beg of you. I've enjoyed watching you go to work on other forums in the past but as a Marquette fan who knows of your schtick I'd like to request that you stop before this forum explodes.

The Process

• All American
« Reply #74 on: March 23, 2014, 05:41:26 PM »
I'm not going to give you my credentials, but I am a person with "intimate knowledge" of the VCU athletic department.

Would this make you... a VCU slurper?
Relax. Respect the Process.

feedback