[April 24, 2024, 08:12:40 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by WhiteTrash
[April 24, 2024, 07:58:02 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by MU82
[April 24, 2024, 04:38:12 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Uncle Rico
[April 24, 2024, 04:09:20 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: This Board Is An Embarassment, I'm Done  (Read 25250 times)

setyoursightsnorth

• Team Captain
Re: This Board Is An Embarassment, I'm Done
« Reply #25 on: March 04, 2014, 11:41:09 PM »
Youre a jag. Always have been with your posts. I am embarrassed to say that I went to the same university as you.

Jags are quite nice cars and some of the most beautiful ever made.

Wouldn't mind getting myself an E-Type or that new XF. Gorgeous.

So thanks. That's quite the compliment.  :-*

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #26 on: March 04, 2014, 11:41:32 PM »

Be careful.  There have been a lot of good posters who have left this forum lately.  And you just said goodbye to three more.

I'll give you that two of those were good posters but heisenberg... ehhhh
Maigh Eo for Sam

brandx

« Reply #27 on: March 04, 2014, 11:44:14 PM »
I'll give you that two of those were good posters but heisenberg... ehhhh

He still thinks UW is gonna miss the tournament ;D

SoCalwarrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #28 on: March 04, 2014, 11:51:13 PM »
Jags are quite nice cars and some of the most beautiful ever made.

Wouldn't mind getting myself an E-Type or that new XF. Gorgeous.

So thanks. That's quite the compliment.  :-*

This troll has been banned.

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #29 on: March 04, 2014, 11:51:35 PM »
People support the program financially, others buy Marquette stuff from the store and website...

People have a right to express their distaste.

Kudos for coming back but there are LOTS of problems with this team/season.

If you enjoy supporting the kids for great effort but they always lose games, go cheer for NJIT.
SS Marquette

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #30 on: March 04, 2014, 11:53:28 PM »
If someone can point me in a direction to a Marquette volleyball (and overall college volleyball but specifically focused on Wisconsin area posters) forum I, too, will join.

Until then, I will just post in the Super Bar topics (football, baseball, volleyball).
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

MarquetteDano

• All American
« Reply #31 on: March 05, 2014, 12:15:54 AM »
People support the program financially, others buy Marquette stuff from the store and website...

People have a right to express their distaste.

Kudos for coming back but there are LOTS of problems with this team/season.

If you enjoy supporting the kids for great effort but they always lose games, go cheer for NJIT.

I think there is a fine line here.  Expressing one's distaste = acceptable.  Pointing out problem's with individual players games = acceptable.

Some of the over the top attacks on the kids here tonight.... unacceptable.

I don't get the support the program financially argument.  So if stockholders created a website for your wife's company and called her a stupid b**ch for the mistakes she made at work you would be okay with that?  After all, they support her company financially.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #32 on: March 05, 2014, 12:19:11 AM »
I didn't do anything. You 40+ year old somethings spewing nothing but hate at 20 year olds. I'm not calling you out specifically, but the way this forum responds is comical at times.

Maybe they should leave. Focus on their families. Work. Instead of blowing gaskets and getting their heart rates up over basketball games and young kids who just want to play ball. I'm just here to observe.

And alas, the response was beautiful and it went up in flames, classic Scoop style.

Death on call

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #33 on: March 05, 2014, 07:12:14 AM »
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #34 on: March 05, 2014, 07:13:51 AM »
Please don't leave us! There are only so many positive posters left!
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

muwar2003

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #35 on: March 05, 2014, 07:54:50 AM »
Maybe we should just join the conference with Whitewater, Stout and the rest.  Then we can just be satisfied with playing hard and not worry about winning or getting to the tourney.  Then the Derrick Wilson's and Jake Thomas's can be happy they played hard and lost.  Then we won't get bad when the players don't use their heads.

avid1010

• All American
« Reply #36 on: March 05, 2014, 07:56:27 AM »
this thread is hilarious...more drama than a pack of middle school girls.

avid1010

• All American
« Reply #37 on: March 05, 2014, 08:00:52 AM »
Maybe we should just join the conference with Whitewater, Stout and the rest.  Then we can just be satisfied with playing hard and not worry about winning or getting to the tourney.  Then the Derrick Wilson's and Jake Thomas's can be happy they played hard and lost.  Then we won't get bad when the players don't use their heads.

jake and derrick did what was asked of them, and what they're capable of doing.  it's fine to question if they have the talent to start/play at MU, but i'd never question their work ethic or character.  buzz has decided those are his guys...if he doesn't have anyone better, he failed to recruit and plan well...if he's playing them because he refuses to play them based upon other reasons, he'll need to show that setting that precedence pays off in the long run.  if vander stays and junior red-shirts we're how good this year??  it's not jake and derrick's fault...but i'm not hearing their character be questioned?

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #38 on: March 05, 2014, 08:08:00 AM »
Bye!
It is douches like you that drive all the decent posters away.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #39 on: March 05, 2014, 08:09:23 AM »
you guys really going to turn this place over to jag wads like this?

The jags have taken over, and the mods have let them.  See you at the Brew City board
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #40 on: March 05, 2014, 08:32:36 AM »
There is a yin and yang to having a board where all are welcome, where the mods just want to have discussions about MU hoops, and where they want the open and honest discussions to happen.    Sometimes, people's worst natures take over.    The vast majority of us went to MU.   That is supposed to mean something.   About world views.   About the Jesuit approach to the world.   Buzz has spoken frequently in the past about how character is revealed through adversity.    A whole bunch of people have revealed their character in relation to the MU basketball program.   Revealed their character in relation to a sense of entitlement.    Revealed their character in their lack of patience or tolerance.    Revealed their character through their endless whining and criticism of every failing.   They shouldn't be proud. 

Look in the mirror and contemplate if this is who you really want to be.

It's Lent.   As you get those ashes on your forehead, think.  Make some resolutions to be better people over the next few weeks.   Hopefully it sticks.     I'm not leaving.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Marquette_g

• All American
  • Gonna Get Some Cold Cuts Today
« Reply #41 on: March 05, 2014, 08:41:25 AM »
I'm fine with banning the trolls, but let's not kid ourselves.  There is a fair amount of arrogance in starting a thread to say you are leaving.  If you want to leave because you don't like the tonality of the board, then fine, depart. 

The only reason you need to start a thread about it is so that you can see people begging you to stay.

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #42 on: March 05, 2014, 08:44:42 AM »
There is a yin and yang to having a board where all are welcome, where the mods just want to have discussions about MU hoops, and where they want the open and honest discussions to happen.    Sometimes, people's worst natures take over.    The vast majority of us went to MU.   That is supposed to mean something.   About world views.   About the Jesuit approach to the world.   Buzz has spoken frequently in the past about how character is revealed through adversity.    A whole bunch of people have revealed their character in relation to the MU basketball program.   Revealed their character in relation to a sense of entitlement.    Revealed their character in their lack of patience or tolerance.    Revealed their character through their endless whining and criticism of every failing.   They shouldn't be proud. 

Look in the mirror and contemplate if this is who you really want to be.

It's Lent.   As you get those ashes on your forehead, think.  Make some resolutions to be better people over the next few weeks.   Hopefully it sticks.     I'm not leaving.

We can go ahead close the thread and post this to the top of the board without further discussion....well said Tower, my thoughts exactly
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

CTWarrior

• All American
« Reply #43 on: March 05, 2014, 08:47:24 AM »
I am a big baseball fan and also a football fan.  I root for local teams in those sports and have no shortage of friends and relatives that like sports with whom I can talk about Red Sox-Yankees, Jets-Giants, etc.  I have never posted or thought to post on message boards related to those sports because I have an outlet for those discussions.  I come here because I love Marquette hoops and there aren't people to talk about that with around here.  

So this board tends to be my way of talking about Marquette basketball.  I think in regular converation we all say over the top things like "this guy stinks" or much worse with regards to players and coaches on teams that we follow.  You realize what you are saying is an exaggeration and the people you are talking with understand that, too.  When you take the time to actually write it down, however, comments like that seem much worse.  So for me I try to temper my vitriol when typing, not always successfully.  I would hope that those who may read these forums understand that.

But if you can't express your true opinions and have the discussions you want to have, what is the purpose of a board like this?  I have a feeling that the people who write the most mean-spirited things on this board are probably fine  regular guys who are just venting.

Calvin:  I'm a genius.  But I'm a misunderstood genius. 
Hobbes:  What's misunderstood about you?
Calvin:  Nobody thinks I'm a genius.

KenoshaWarrior

• All American
« Reply #44 on: March 05, 2014, 09:41:50 AM »
Unfortunate if you guys leave.  People get a bit out of hand during games like this....I know I have.

Frustrating season....hope you come back. 

Peace

You cant leave,  This place will become nothing but a Derrick Wilson/Buzz   Hate rally

madtownwarrior

• All American
« Reply #45 on: March 05, 2014, 09:51:15 AM »
I am not sure what's worse - the posts attacking players or the smugness / "holier than thou" posts criticizing the posters or the vanity of annoucing you are "done"  - fine, just leave then.

MarsupialMadness

• All American
« Reply #46 on: March 05, 2014, 10:01:28 AM »
I think everyone is overreacting a tad.  "This board" is not an embarassment.  Sure, some of the posters are obvious trolls and only bring negativity.  That's the nature of an internet message board.  People get frustrated after a loss and vent their feelings here.  If it's over the top, then ignore it or let the mods take care of it.  If it's too much to handle and you have to take a couple days, weeks, entire offseason away because it's frustrating you, then fine.

But why this thread annoucning your depature?   Why, in your final moments on this message board, are you going to succumb to all the posters that are driving you out by generalizing that entire board is an embarassment?  That's the embarassment, in that you feel the need to make one final blatant attempt to bring everyone else down just because you yourself are frustrated.

MarsupialMadness

• All American
« Reply #47 on: March 05, 2014, 10:02:06 AM »

mu-rara

• All American
« Reply #48 on: March 05, 2014, 10:05:22 AM »
I'm fine with banning the trolls, but let's not kid ourselves.  There is a fair amount of arrogance in starting a thread to say you are leaving.  If you want to leave because you don't like the tonality of the board, then fine, depart. 

The only reason you need to start a thread about it is so that you can see people begging you to stay.

TT is a long time, thoughtful, analytical poster.  The board will be less than it was without him.  

The posters who minimize the loss of thoughtful posters like TT will hasten its demise.  My ignore list has grown to a point where I will blast past 5 or 6 posts before coming across a post that I can read.

I used to enjoy the kind of crazy free wheeling nature of this board, but it's like free will.  If posters can't police themselves, a higher power will. (or we'll all go to IWB's board)

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #49 on: March 05, 2014, 10:06:22 AM »
This board has had a lot of negativity this season. We have always had negativity on the forums after losses, and this season has had a lot of losses.

Certain types of posters only post after losses, or when things are going negatively. I haven't ever read the forums much after losses because of those types of people.

Rage-quitting a forum after a loss, though, is pretty hilarious. This thread is pure gold :)