2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by WeAreMarquette96
[April 15, 2024, 10:20:46 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Zog from Margo
[April 15, 2024, 10:12:01 PM]

Going Portaling: Which Portal Prospect do you want and why? by DoctorV
[April 15, 2024, 09:54:11 PM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by Tyler COLEk
[April 15, 2024, 08:53:41 PM]

[Paint Touches] Shaka reaffirms MU commitment by TSmith34, Inc.
[April 15, 2024, 07:07:35 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by PGsHeroes32
[April 15, 2024, 06:38:03 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: This Board Is An Embarassment, I'm Done  (Read 25216 times)

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
This Board Is An Embarassment, I'm Done
« on: March 04, 2014, 11:10:25 PM »
Reading the posts on this board makes me embarassed to be a Marquette fan.  Grown men ripping on college students who fought their heart out to get back in the game.

When Marquette went down 11, it was the people who post here who gave up; not the players.

I'll take this team representing my school over the people who post here anyday.

To the mods and intelligent posters, thank you for a great forum for the past 8 years.

I'm done.

Go Marquette.

setyoursightsnorth

• Team Captain
Re: This Board Is An Embarassment, I'm Done
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2014, 11:12:34 PM »
Bye!

MarquetteDano

• All American
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2014, 11:13:10 PM »
Point taken.  There are quite a few posters around here that have at best one fifth the heart of this team.

My only solace is that they know it.

mattyv1908

• All American
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2014, 11:15:27 PM »
Did you even watch the game?  That's not a rhetorical question, that's a serious question.

We have a point guard who missed a 6" lay up.  We have a starting line up who only cracked 20 points because we went to multiple OT's.  Our bench outscored Providence approximately 53-3 and we still lost.  Our starting backcourt was outscored 40-7.  Deonte Burton barely saw the second half.

You have officially drunk all of the Kool Aid.  I'm not akin to dying in a cult type mass suicide but if it suits you, so be it.
Shut this board down at the opening tip.  If they win, open it back up.  If they lose, keep it shut it down until the next morning.  - Sultan of Slurpery

MUBBau

• Team Captain
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2014, 11:15:50 PM »
You're not the only one Titan, I've had enough too

setyoursightsnorth

• Team Captain
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2014, 11:16:32 PM »
You're not the only one Titan, I've had enough too

Bye!

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2014, 11:16:55 PM »
me too Titan

ronald dragon

• Team Captain
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2014, 11:17:43 PM »
Bye!
Just golden contribution once again.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2014, 11:21:01 PM »
Bye!

Bye!

Bye!

Be careful.  There have been a lot of good posters who have left this forum lately.  And you just said goodbye to three more.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2014, 11:21:56 PM »
Unfortunate if you guys leave.  People get a bit out of hand during games like this....I know I have.

Frustrating season....hope you come back. 

Peace

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2014, 11:22:50 PM »
Bye!

you guys really going to turn this place over to jag wads like this? I feel you, but if guys like you go, I'll have no choice but to do the same. No point in hanging around if there's nothing but a bunch of entitled, unintelligent pud whacks left.

TomW1365

• Team Captain
« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2014, 11:23:52 PM »
I read but have posted less.  I'll be a scooper pooper till the day I die. 

esotericmindguy

• All American
« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2014, 11:26:25 PM »
I normally don't check the board for 24 hours after a loss. All the mouth breathers are typically gone by then.

setyoursightsnorth

• Team Captain
« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2014, 11:26:31 PM »

Be careful.  There have been a lot of good posters who have left this forum lately.  And you just said goodbye to three more.

I didn't do anything. You 40+ year old somethings spewing nothing but hate at 20 year olds. I'm not calling you out specifically, but the way this forum responds is comical at times.

Maybe they should leave. Focus on their families. Work. Instead of blowing gaskets and getting their heart rates up over basketball games and young kids who just want to play ball. I'm just here to observe.

And alas, the response was beautiful and it went up in flames, classic Scoop style.

NersEllenson

• All American
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2014, 11:27:04 PM »
Was the tone any different on any of the other MU message boards?  Hard to believe there wasn't some venting and criticism on the other boards...

I think there is a place to draw the line...yet tonight I think the frustrations of the season boiled over...as this game was a microcosm of the frustrations many have held most of the year.

At the end of the day, gotta place blame on Buzz and not the players...they are out there doing their best and if their talent is such that they truly would be better suited in a back up role, then they should be playing as a back up..
"I'm not sure Cadougan would fix the problems on this team. I'm not even convinced he would be better for this team than DeWil is."

BrewCity77, December 8, 2013

muhoops1

• All American
« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2014, 11:30:43 PM »
Love the superiority complex.  Feel great about yourself.  I e earned the right to dissent and I find it odd that Buzz is in denial that he hasn't coached his team up.  They make stupid decisions at critical moments.  Big business entities come under big time scrutiny.

In the immortal words of Artie Lang; "Whah"

Wojo'sMojo

• All American
« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2014, 11:31:32 PM »
Posters can be very critical of players myself included. However, this is major college basketball and people take it seriously...sometimes too seriously. I honestly feel if you think a certain player is playing like crap, it's a message board and you should be able to call them out if you want. Attacks on the players character and wishing them ill will are disheartening and shouldn't be tolerated though. I mean when guys are missing lay ups, what should we say? Go get em next time tiger...I mean come on.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2014, 11:31:43 PM »
Was the tone any different on any of the other MU message boards?  Hard to believe there wasn't some venting and criticism on the other boards...

I think there is a place to draw the line...yet tonight I think the frustrations of the season boiled over...as this game was a microcosm of the frustrations many have held most of the year.

At the end of the day, gotta place blame on Buzz and not the players...they are out there doing their best and if their talent is such that they truly would be better suited in a back up role, then they should be playing as a back up..

At IWB's public board, there is some, but nothing at vitriolic as this board.  Not even close.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2014, 11:32:38 PM »
Love the superiority complex.  Feel great about yourself.  I e earned the right to dissent

You haven't earned jack sh*t.  You have been given the opportunity based on nothing more than filling out your email address on a webpage.

Talk about entitlement.

brandx

« Reply #20 on: March 04, 2014, 11:32:52 PM »
I read but have posted less.  I'll be a scooper pooper till the day I die. 

I understand that posters go overboard at times, But what do you want them to say when they are frustrated?

I don't even think it is that we are losing games, but that we are losing them exactly the same way that we were in the first month of the season.

We all see what is going on with the team. Quite frankly, it is not a very good team and they shouldn't be immune to criticism from fans. After all, being ball players is the life that these guys chose.

But, at the end of the day, the cause of the frustration is pretty obvious. And it should probably be aimed at Buzz rather than the players. He decides who is on the floor. But when you have a starting lineup that is unable to reach 20 points (in regulation) for the 2nd game in a row, something is radically wrong. There are other options. But to trot the same lineup out there game after game is the ultimate cause of this frustration.

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #21 on: March 04, 2014, 11:35:01 PM »
Posters can be very critical of players myself included. However, this is major college basketball and people take it seriously...sometimes too seriously. I honestly feel if you think a certain player is playing like crap, it's a message board and you should be able to call them out if you want. Attacks on the players character and wishing them ill will are disheartening and shouldn't be tolerated though. I mean when guys are missing lay ups, what should we say? Go get em next time tiger...I mean come on.

This. They put themselves in the spotlight. This is what a message board is for. If they are bad, you can say it.

As I have said many times, if we have to even be positive about bad plays and players...How do we sort out the LeBron James and Dylan Floods?
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

Eldon

• All American
« Reply #22 on: March 04, 2014, 11:35:11 PM »

Unless a player clearly misses on purpose, you scream "COME ON BUZZ, PULL THIS KID!!"  It's 100% on Buzz.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #23 on: March 04, 2014, 11:37:34 PM »
Bye!

Youre a jag. Always have been with your posts. I am embarrassed to say that I went to the same university as you.

jimmybutlerfanatic

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #24 on: March 04, 2014, 11:38:11 PM »
This starting 5 is the embarrassment, not the board.

feedback