[Today at 10:23:37 AM]

Shaka 2024-2025 by wadesworld
[Today at 09:00:02 AM]

Academic All Americans by Goose
[Today at 08:52:43 AM]

Shaka's 2023-2024 Season Accomplishments by 1SE
[Today at 03:36:17 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Replace "I believe" with ...  (Read 28349 times)

Windyplayer

• All American
Re: Replace "I believe" with ...
« Reply #25 on: February 27, 2014, 01:11:09 PM »
Good stuff, whatever you guys think... unfortunate that the accounting test follows a Thursday night game... I remember the panic surrounding those Friday afternoons... let's hope for a decent turn out tonight
Is MU admin still making you take those accredited accounting courses in the business school? Those were brutal. God speed.

HelixAir6

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #26 on: February 27, 2014, 01:12:23 PM »
Must have learned this at Cheerleading Camp

Must have learned all of your quips while killing terrorists in the snow, uphill both ways, in sandstorms using just a toothpick and flying a Wright Flyer, upside down and backwards, with no flaps, while smoking a cigarette, and chewing tobacco... with one hand tied behind your back...  thank you for your service...

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #27 on: February 27, 2014, 01:15:30 PM »
Must have learned all of your quips while killing terrorists in the snow, uphill both ways, in sandstorms using just a toothpick and flying a Wright Flyer, upside down and backwards, with no flaps, while smoking a cigarette, and chewing tobacco... with one hand tied behind your back...  thank you for your service...

This is just...perfect...

KenoshaWarrior

• All American
« Reply #28 on: February 27, 2014, 01:30:45 PM »
It's been done (MSU).

That doesnt mean that it wasnt awesome

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #29 on: February 27, 2014, 01:42:55 PM »

So, did you wear tights at Cheerleading Camp?

Death on call

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #30 on: February 27, 2014, 01:45:35 PM »
BTW, are there a bunch of tests and projects due this week that is going to prevent students from coming to the BC tonight?  Too cold?

Accounting tomorrow.  But jr. will still be at the game I believe.

Edit. Sorry, repeated others.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2014, 01:47:16 PM by jsglow »

HelixAir6

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #31 on: February 27, 2014, 01:48:02 PM »
So, did you wear tights at Cheerleading Camp?

haha, don't want to go back and forth... just wanted to give you a little jab back... like I said, if people think it is lame, that's cool I don't really care, just interested in coming up with something that is Marquette's, not Utah State's...

to answer your question, no tights... commando... I'm sure you can appreciate that

Warrior Code

• All American
  • Undefeated since 1960
« Reply #32 on: February 27, 2014, 01:53:55 PM »
No way. I say we use a Gregorian-style chant version of "Warriors, come out to play-e-ay." Slow and loud, a la "Rock chalk Jayhawk," only without the cheering in between that ruins it (in my opinion). Just the chant would be eerie and unique.
Signature:
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBCode and smileys may be used in your signature.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #33 on: February 27, 2014, 01:58:09 PM »
No way. I say we use a Gregorian-style chant version of "Warriors, come out to play-e-ay." Slow and loud, a la "Rock chalk Jayhawk," only without the cheering in between that ruins it (in my opinion). Just the chant would be eerie and unique.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/NwwY9y6O3hw?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/NwwY9y6O3hw?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US</a>

Warrior Code

• All American
  • Undefeated since 1960
« Reply #34 on: February 27, 2014, 02:02:16 PM »
Precisely.
Signature:
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBCode and smileys may be used in your signature.

HelixAir6

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #35 on: February 27, 2014, 02:05:21 PM »

I like that... that is also something that can be done throughout the game out of timeouts, halftime, etc...

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #36 on: February 27, 2014, 02:43:29 PM »
It's been done (MSU).

Aside from the parachutes (Craig Pintens skypoint), pretty much everything done at Marquette has been done.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #37 on: February 27, 2014, 02:54:38 PM »
haha, don't want to go back and forth... just wanted to give you a little jab back... like I said, if people think it is lame, that's cool I don't really care, just interested in coming up with something that is Marquette's, not Utah State's...

to answer your question, no tights... commando... I'm sure you can appreciate that

Death on call

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #38 on: February 27, 2014, 02:55:00 PM »
The "YES" chant is simple.  Might even get the old folks who are too fashionable to wear gold to join it.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #39 on: February 27, 2014, 02:59:52 PM »
The "YES" chant is simple.  Might even get the old folks who are too fashionable to wear gold to join it.

Another cheer that one college did and now high school cheering sections around America have joined in on, let's jump on board behind them!  Say it with me everyone, "YES! YES! YES!"
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

frozena pizza

• All American
« Reply #40 on: February 27, 2014, 03:23:49 PM »
I like the "I believe" chant but I cringe when they play "jump around".  Copying Utah State doesn't bother me nearly as much as blatantly copying UW.

Litehouse

• All American
« Reply #41 on: February 27, 2014, 03:46:46 PM »
I like the "I believe" chant but I cringe when they play "jump around".  Copying Utah State doesn't bother me nearly as much as blatantly copying UW.

I'm sorry, but this is a pet peeve of mine.  Why is this copying UW?  We (along with every other professional sports venue) were playing that song long before it became popular at Camp Randall.

The fact Madison dwellers think people are ripping them off shows how sheltered they are.  If jumping around to a song called "Jump Around" is somehow their tradition, it also shows how unoriginal they are.  They don't "own" that song any more than some other arena "owns" playing Rock and Roll Part 2.

swoopem

• All American
« Reply #42 on: February 27, 2014, 03:54:39 PM »
The "I believe" chant gets ruined half of the time when someone scores before the chant can really get going or there is a break in action.

It takes almost a minute until the whole section is chanting it and by then someone has either scored, thrown the ball out of bounce, fouled, etc. The momentum of it goes away before it even starts. Personally, I'm not a fan.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2014, 03:56:46 PM by swoopem »
Bring back FFP!!!

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #43 on: February 27, 2014, 03:58:55 PM »
Well of of you that arent fans will just have to suck it up and deal with it.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #44 on: February 27, 2014, 04:01:22 PM »
Also, an open invitation to all scoopers to come by the student section before the game starts to actually meet us before you bash us again and again and again.....

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #45 on: February 27, 2014, 04:11:03 PM »
That's what they are saying, I believe? We have never been able to understand what that chant was, thanks, the Mrs. will also be glad to finally know that.

HelixAir6

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #46 on: February 27, 2014, 04:12:12 PM »
Also, an open invitation to all scoopers to come by the student section before the game starts to actually meet us before you bash us again and again and again.....

Sorry esard... part of the reason that I did not post this suggestion sooner is for fear that it would turn into a student section bash (though I think that has been somewhat limited in this thread)... I didn't want that to happen...

There are people that have opinions, let them have 'em...  At the end of the day, the students have control over the "cheerleading."  Again, I appreciate the students and fans that get their early, get their seats, set up the cheers etc. (I used to be one of them).  Unfortunately, I can't do that anymore...  Just wanted to provide a suggestion, as you (or somebody else) requested in the past.  Have fun!

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #47 on: February 27, 2014, 04:16:39 PM »
Sorry esard... part of the reason that I did not post this suggestion sooner is for fear that it would turn into a student section bash (though I think that has been somewhat limited in this thread)... I didn't want that to happen...

There are people that have opinions, let them have 'em...  At the end of the day, the students have control over the "cheerleading."  Again, I appreciate the students and fans that get their early, get their seats, set up the cheers etc. (I used to be one of them).  Unfortunately, I can't do that anymore...  Just wanted to provide a suggestion, as you (or somebody else) requested in the past.  Have fun!

No, I understand completely where youre coming from. I really do appreciate the suggestion. Its some of the other people on the board that irk me. You have been nothing but respectful along with Glow and Chick.

MUSF

• All American
« Reply #48 on: February 27, 2014, 04:20:34 PM »

Love this idea for many reasons.

1. Incorporates the late great nickname
2. References an excellent 80s movie
3. Would sound awesome in an arena

I doubt we will ever see this happen because I'm pretty sure most of the current students aren't too familiar with the movie.

frozena pizza

• All American
« Reply #49 on: February 27, 2014, 04:21:35 PM »
I'm sorry, but this is a pet peeve of mine.  Why is this copying UW?  We (along with every other professional sports venue) were playing that song long before it became popular at Camp Randall.

The fact Madison dwellers think people are ripping them off shows how sheltered they are.  If jumping around to a song called "Jump Around" is somehow their tradition, it also shows how unoriginal they are.  They don't "own" that song any more than some other arena "owns" playing Rock and Roll Part 2.

All true, but they have really made it their own.  Everyone who has gone to a game at Camp Randall talks about it.  It's like people associating "All Along the Watchtower" with Jimi Hendrix - it's Bob Dylan's song, but Hendrix took it to another level and became the one known for it.  I would just rather we do something different from them.

feedback