[April 25, 2024, 09:43:05 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by Uncle Rico
[April 25, 2024, 05:51:25 PM]

Campus camp-out with cool flags? by FreewaysBurnerAccount
[April 25, 2024, 04:52:25 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[April 25, 2024, 02:51:03 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Buzz Williams and team ALL IN  (Read 23885 times)

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
Buzz Williams and team ALL IN
« on: February 17, 2014, 10:28:36 PM »

PGsHeroes32

• All American
Re: Buzz Williams and team ALL IN
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2014, 11:19:01 PM »
Man it would be awesome if the team came out absolutely jacked and sent a statement with a nice whooping.

Notre Dame last year.

UL in the year of midgets.

and so on..
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2014, 11:28:51 PM »
Man it would be awesome if the team came out absolutely jacked and sent a statement with a nice whooping.

Notre Dame last year.

UL in the year of midgets.

and so on..

Like UConn our first year in the BEast?  Edit: http://scores.espn.go.com/ncb/recap?gameId=260030269

I wish...

I just don't see this particular MU team has the makeup to be able to do it. I really think it will be nearly impossible to win the game on the defensive end, so we'll have to outscore them. And therein lies the problem...

MUSF

• All American
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2014, 11:45:11 PM »
We're getting them at the perfect time.

They're coming off a huge win against Nova and our backs are against the wall.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2014, 11:53:43 PM »
We're getting them at the perfect time.

They're coming off a huge win against Nova and our backs are against the wall.

Yup, said that the other day...almost a trap game for Creighton.  Timing can be everything...take advantage of it.  Lines up perfectly for us

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2014, 12:02:52 AM »
No such thing as a trap game. It's immature players that fall into "traps." Creighton is as senior heavy as they come.

Respect the process.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2014, 12:11:16 AM »
No such thing as a trap game. It's immature players that fall into "traps." Creighton is as senior heavy as they come.

Respect the process.

Will it happen?  Don't know.  Can it happen?  Of course.  I agree with you that Creighton's senior leadership makes it less likely, but they also went into a huge game a day ago with first place on the line.  That can take some things out of you if you let it. Let downs happen to even the best or most experienced teams.

Let's put it another way, I'd rather play them in this situation where they are coming off an emotional home win over the other clear top team in the league vs taking them on after they just got done playing Seton Hall or DePaul at home. 

MUSF

• All American
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2014, 12:31:48 AM »

Respect the process.

Creighton is certainly a mature team which makes it more difficult to catch them off guard. That stated, we are still talking about college kids. I don't think any college team is impervious to losing focus.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2014, 07:07:17 AM »
Buzz's us against the world attitude might not have worked until recently, but there seems to be a different attitude with this bunch since the latter half of Butler game. The older guys might have realized it is now or never for them and who knows what happens the next couple of weeks. These type of threads sure beat the hell out of talking about rotations. Hope it continues.

g0lden3agle

• All American
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2014, 07:09:05 AM »
Like UConn our first year in the BEast?  Edit: http://scores.espn.go.com/ncb/recap?gameId=260030269

Dominic and Jerel went 9-35 from the field that game.  Brutal.

karavotsos

• All American
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2014, 07:20:01 AM »

Respect the process.

Agreed.  You can't tell me Creighton doesn't have its sights on a BEast championship in its first year in the conference.  If they lose even once, they are out of first and they are the only team that has beat Villy in conf.  I can't imagine Creighton wants to rely on anyone else's help to win the conference.  Can't expect any trap game or bad shooting night to beat them.  Every time I've watched them they seem focused and mature.  MU simply has to go out and play with superior effort and do everything they can to beat them.

River rat

• Team Captain
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2014, 07:24:51 AM »
People that have never competed use terms such as "trap" game.

madtownwarrior

• All American
« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2014, 08:00:17 AM »
NM - duplicate
« Last Edit: February 18, 2014, 08:02:48 AM by madtownwarrior »

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2014, 08:01:33 AM »

It is a legitimate thing, its just that the term is used exponentially more than it actually happens. Beyond that, despite the challenging year, playing at MU would by no means qualify as a 'trap' opponent. DePaul? Sure. Seton Hall? Maybe, but there is no chance in hell that Crieghton is looking past this game in any way. They will likely be favored, but it is far from a game that should be considered anything near an automatic win.

madtownwarrior

• All American
« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2014, 08:02:02 AM »
Funny, MU has lost a lot of "trap" games in the past - at least that is the excuse people use..

Almost like the proverbial "bad matchup" the other board's founder uses as an excuse for every lose.   Never new Marquette was such a bad match-up for so many teams - I am surprised they can even win a game.   It could not be the players poorly or the game plan was bad or the execution of the game plan or coaching decisions :)

River rat

• Team Captain
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2014, 08:21:08 AM »
Chicos is too busy running a $2.8 billion dollar company to make intelligent statements, how many other lower level executives use the term "running the company".
Lol
« Last Edit: February 18, 2014, 08:23:07 AM by River rat »

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2014, 08:23:12 AM »

I can't believe you would say Admiral Akbar never competed

Or that you would call out real competitors, not just on the silver screen that have said the same thing. 

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2014, 08:29:26 AM »
Chicos is too busy running a $2.8 billion dollar company to make intelligent statements, how many other lower level executives use the term "running the company".
Lol

Never said running the company, I said running a $2.8B business.  I am the business owner for a $2.8B segment and that is how we are categorized.  Feel free to divide your company as you wish, we've done ours this way.  We have roughly 5 business owners responsible for about $6B.  The rest of the company revenue (over $20B) comes in under a more traditional structure, but not the $6B.  If you dig hard enough in the trades, you will find that is exactly how it is stated, structured, etc.  

Clearly, try to catch up.  Words mean something.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2014, 08:30:59 AM by ChicosBailBonds »

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2014, 08:38:06 AM »
I just don't see this particular MU team has the makeup to be able to do it. I really think it will be nearly impossible to win the game on the defensive end, so we'll have to outscore them. And therein lies the problem...

This team can pretty much beat anyone in the BE.  Especially at home.  They are going to have to make it ugly on the defensive end and get them out of their rhythm. 

Marquette will score a lot more than the 49 they got on new years eve too.

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2014, 08:42:50 AM »
We can lose to Creighton and still have a chance to get a bid. Beat Creighton and lose to DePaul we are done. The danger of losing to Creighton is that it changes the teams attitude. Going 4-2 means we have to beat one of Creighton, Villanova and St. John's and of course win the other three games.

NersEllenson

• All American
« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2014, 09:20:00 AM »
Never said running the company, I said running a $2.8B business.  I am the business owner for a $2.8B segment and that is how we are categorized.  Feel free to divide your company as you wish, we've done ours this way.  We have roughly 5 business owners responsible for about $6B.  The rest of the company revenue (over $20B) comes in under a more traditional structure, but not the $6B.  If you dig hard enough in the trades, you will find that is exactly how it is stated, structured, etc.  

Skews Caucasian?  
"I'm not sure Cadougan would fix the problems on this team. I'm not even convinced he would be better for this team than DeWil is."

BrewCity77, December 8, 2013

GOO

• All American
« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2014, 09:21:53 AM »
Trap game because they are coming off a big win, or, a very good team that is playing great ball and thus blew out Nova.

I guess, we will find out tomorrow night.  Or maybe, we'll find out that we are playing a lot better as of late.

Windyplayer

• All American
« Reply #22 on: February 18, 2014, 09:26:00 AM »
We can lose to Creighton and still have a chance to get a bid. Beat Creighton and lose to DePaul
Given the rigors of our remaining schedule this literally has never crossed my mind. DePaul is my mental oasis.

River rat

• Team Captain
« Reply #23 on: February 18, 2014, 09:57:43 AM »

Ur a classic... I guess u take a non traditional approach to definitions.  Now you have "ownership".
Lol
Its fine i just like how some people like to throw out terms that they really have no clue about.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2014, 09:59:21 AM by River rat »

g0lden3agle

• All American
« Reply #24 on: February 18, 2014, 10:14:32 AM »
Ur a classic... I guess u take a non traditional approach to definitions.  Now you have "ownership".
Lol
Its fine i just like how some people like to throw out terms that they really have no clue about.

Have you ever held a job in Corporate America?  It certainly doesn't sound like it.

feedback