[Today at 08:46:51 PM]

Oso's NBA profile by MuggsyB
[Today at 08:42:22 PM]

Omax declares by Newsdreams
[Today at 08:22:09 PM]

My Lingering Concern with This Team by Newsdreams
[Today at 08:08:48 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: Western Kentucky

Marquette
Marquette vs

Western Kentucky

Date/Time: Mar 22, 2024, 1:00 pm
TV: TBS
Schedule for 2023-24
UConn

Author Topic: Haunted Hoops Pics  (Read 7312 times)

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
Haunted Hoops Pics
« on: October 27, 2007, 03:47:00 PM »
Just a few pics .. nothing spectacular.  Will post video and commentary later.

Gato78

• Team Captain
Re: Haunted Hoops Pics
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2007, 03:53:17 PM »
TT pic may be a problem

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2007, 04:23:55 PM »
TT pic may be a problem

Yeah. He's humoring us.

Pretend you're him. You look at a roster of
Dominic James
Jerel McNeal
Maurice Acker
David Cubillan
Scott Christopherson
And NONE of them are leaving (don't even think that at this moment DJ will get drafted...he's NOWHERE near ready)...that's a glutton for me to run the show.

We're best off recruiting some bigs then guards the year after.
SS Marquette

Coobeys Oil Depot

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2007, 05:23:58 PM »
TT pic may be a problem

Yeah. He's humoring us.

Dominic James
Jerel McNeal
Maurice Acker
David Cubillan
Scott Christopherson
And NONE of them are leaving (don't even think that at this moment DJ will get drafted...he's NOWHERE near ready)...that's a glutton for me to run the show.

I think he literally means a problem. NCAA-wise problem.

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2007, 05:30:24 PM »

How so?
SS Marquette

bma725

• All American
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2007, 05:37:02 PM »
TT pic may be a problem

Yeah. He's humoring us.

Dominic James
Jerel McNeal
Maurice Acker
David Cubillan
Scott Christopherson

It could be viewed as such, but it would depend on whether or not the person taking the picture is considered to be part of the "media"

13.11.1 Presence of Media during Recruiting Contact
A member institution shall not permit a media entity to be present during any recruiting contact made by an institution’s coaching staff member.

Gato78

• Team Captain
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2007, 05:45:19 PM »
No interviews, no photos. If MU Scoop was at Media Day, it is media. Thread should be deleted.

larrym

• Starter
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2007, 06:36:08 PM »
I don't think the whole thread has to go, maybe the picture could go.  It's probably a gray area.  With NCAA rules, things don't have to make sense.  That rule is an interesting one.  Is a picture on an unofficial message board of a player making a visit and attending an open scrimmage more in violation of that rule than JS writer Rosiak interviewing Shumpert during his?  For that matter, Rosiak was sitting 3 chairs away from TT in this picture.  A few years ago I remember there being quite a bit of discussion about Diener having his picture on a web site with 2 Badgers at a football game during his visit there.  So I guess it could be an issue.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2007, 06:43:11 PM »
I would like to know the real rule here.

First .. the onus is not on anyone but the university, in this case, MU and their compliance officer, to determine NCAA rules.   I'm not associated with MU in any official capacity.  I'm just a guy with a camera.  One could make an argument that I'm with the media, but since I don't have media credentials, that would be a pretty weak one at that.

Anyhow .. reading the NCAA rules, the closest thing I could find was this:

13.10.8  Photograph of Prospective Student-athlete.   
It  is permissible for an  institution to photo-graph a prospective student-athlete during a campus visit to be used in the institution’s permissible publicity and promotional activities (e.g., press release, media guide), but the photograph may not be given to the prospective student-athlete.  It  is permissible  for an  institution  to use a prospective  student-athlete’s photograph  in printed institutional items (e.g., season-ticket brochure) that promote a sport’s season in which the prospective student-athlete will participate as a student-athlete, provided the prospective student-athlete has signed a National Letter of Intent or the institution’s written ofer of admission and/or inancial aid and the prospective student-athlete’s name or photograph  is not used  in any promotional  items  that  involve  the purchase or  receipt of commercial advertising (e.g., season-ticket advertisement in newspapers or on a billboard).  Violations of this bylaw are consid-ered institutional violations  per Constitution 2.8.1 and shall not afect the prospective student-athlete’s eligibility.
(Adopted: 1/16/93; Revised: 1/11/94, 4/24/03 efective 8/1/03, 3/26/04, 11/17/04)

Here's another one:

.. Also note, there certainly were "real" media people there, including Todd Rosiak.

13.10.1  Presence of Media during recruiting Contact.    A member institution shall not permit a me-dia entity to be present during any recruiting contact made by an institution’s coaching staf member. Violations of this bylaw do not afect a prospective student-athlete’s eligibility and are considered institutional violations per Constitution 2.8.1. (Adopted: 1/9/96, Revised: 1/14/97)

And no, Gato, MUScoop was not "at media day."   

.. The entire rules can be found here, if there are any other law-talking guys (Simpson reference) who'd like further examination.  Sec 13 is for recruiting.

http://www.ncaa.org/library/membership/division_i_manual/2007-08/2007-08_d1_manual.pdf

« Last Edit: October 27, 2007, 06:46:09 PM by mu_hilltopper »

Gato78

• Team Captain
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2007, 08:20:20 PM »
1. I thought you guys were at media day. Seriously. If this site does not seek press credentials and doesn't participate as a member of the media, no problem.
2. 13.08 is not applicable and says: "..provided the prospective student athlete has signed a National Letter of Intent..".
3. I know IWB and Rosiak do not speak with prospective student athletes until they have left campus. That is a requirement of the Athletics Dept.
4. I was exceptionally careful in following the NCAA rules when Steve Novak (lived accross the street) was being recruited, not speaking with he or his parents for 2 years except to say hello because I did not want to be the one responsible for a rules violation. Its not so much a general paranoia, it is because the opposing schools in the recruitment would LOVE to report a violation.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2007, 01:32:32 AM »
1. I thought you guys were at media day. Seriously. If this site does not seek press credentials and doesn't participate as a member of the media, no problem.

MUScoop does not participate as a member of the media.  Haven't even looked into it.   Obviously, there are advantages and disadvantages :)

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2007, 11:52:15 PM »
Will post video and commentary later.

Did you get a video of the one-on-one drills?  Particularly Maurice crossing over on Jerel?

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2007, 08:11:05 AM »
Um, I missed that group.  Just posted the video on CS, take a look.