[Today at 10:40:35 AM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by Galway Eagle
[Today at 10:35:41 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by PGsHeroes32
[Today at 10:14:22 AM]

Katz has MU in Final Four by Scoop Snoop
[Today at 09:51:44 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: 2014-15 NFC North/NFL Thread  (Read 583204 times)

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
Re: 2014-15 NFC North/NFL Thread
« Reply #1200 on: October 21, 2014, 07:15:14 PM »
Michael Sam released.....

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #1201 on: October 21, 2014, 07:41:17 PM »
Are you predicting that related to the name change or the fact that it's the only half decent Monday night match-up on the schedule all season?

I'm predicting that whenever the Cowboys play, the ratings are huge.  I'm also predicting that the so called boycotts of the Redskins never materializes. 

A non-issue.  http://dal.scout.com/story/1471283-cowboys-jerry-redskins-name-a-non-issue?s=112

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #1202 on: October 21, 2014, 07:49:34 PM »
Are you predicting that related to the name change or the fact that it's the only half decent Monday night match-up on the schedule all season?

Let me explain what Chicos is doing.  Because the Redskins thread got shut down, and because his posts on that issue were deleted in this thread, he is now intentionally overusing the name to get attention.

He started this last Sunday, but no one took the bait.

http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=41914.msg658118#msg658118

So my suggestion is to ignore him.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #1203 on: October 21, 2014, 08:04:39 PM »
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #1204 on: October 21, 2014, 08:15:52 PM »
gross

If it was on Thursday night, it would've been a blowout...

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1205 on: October 21, 2014, 08:17:09 PM »
If it was on Thursday night, it would've been a blowout...

This week's game is pretty juicy though.

Then again, the Broncos may make a blowout out of it.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

MU82

• All American
« Reply #1206 on: October 21, 2014, 09:30:14 PM »
Jeff George II

Except Jeff reached the playoffs more often ;D

Actually, a really good comparison. Nicely done.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Loose Cannon

• All American
  • Voltaire says Hi
« Reply #1207 on: October 22, 2014, 12:23:08 AM »
I guess something was missing in Denver, too.

Especially the year the Broncos needed only one win in the final three weeks to make the playoffs and then Cutler choked like a Cubbie.

Your description of the word Choking might be
 Right. But is he consistent in his Choking or inconsistent?   

To me the Real question is what is the cause of his Chokes maybe its:  1) Lack of focus 2) Too much of a Gambler in critical plays.  3)  Decision making…Too much self confidence in his own ability to succeed in situation where the odds are large against him. 4)  Maybe it’s falling into the habit of playing Hero QB rather than throwing short safe passes and more sharing plays with the rest of his teammates.

I think “4” has a lot of merit.  I think this is why Josh McCown with less talent was more successful than Cutler!

" Love is Space and Time measured by the Heart. "  M Proust

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #1208 on: October 22, 2014, 09:55:56 AM »
Michael Sam released.....

Must be because he's gay, I'm really a badger fan?

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #1209 on: October 22, 2014, 09:56:55 AM »
Must be because he's gay, I'm really a badger fan?

He was a distraction.  I'm pretty sure the Cowboys would be undefeated without him.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #1210 on: October 22, 2014, 04:02:44 PM »

He was a distraction.  I'm pretty sure the Cowboys would be undefeated without him.

My sources say they'd be 8-0 in their seven games had he not been distracting them.

And that the Rams are 2-4 because they're still distracted by his presence at training camp.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

muarmy81

• All American
« Reply #1211 on: October 22, 2014, 04:16:45 PM »
I guess something was missing in Denver, too.

Especially the year the Broncos needed only one win in the final three weeks to make the playoffs and then Cutler choked like a Cubbie.

Along those lines...another thing to consider is that in the same system, with the same weapons, and the same coaches Josh McNown went 5-1. (And this is coming from a Bears fan - and now McNown is injured and probably never going to see the field unless McGlennon gets hurt)

I hope Jay can figure it out but looking at the equation whether it's Denver or Chicago there seems to be one common denominator.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #1212 on: October 22, 2014, 04:19:51 PM »
An NFL team released a player from the practice squad?!?!?    Why, exactly, is this news?
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #1213 on: October 22, 2014, 04:32:53 PM »
An NFL team released a player from the practice squad?!?!?    Why, exactly, is this news?

because he and the team just got to London before this happened?

(or did you mean Sam?)

reinko

• All American
« Reply #1214 on: October 22, 2014, 06:08:40 PM »
An NFL team released a player from the practice squad?!?!?    Why, exactly, is this news?

People love asking why is this news.

http://strongtakes.com/2014/10/michael-sam-cut-and-absolutely-no-one-cares/

brandx

« Reply #1215 on: October 22, 2014, 07:23:34 PM »
People love asking why is this news.

http://strongtakes.com/2014/10/michael-sam-cut-and-absolutely-no-one-cares/

So Sam is being treated just like any other football player would be treated? How can our media allow this to happen?

Seriously, this is a real sign of progress and maybe the next time or two, it won't even be newsworthy.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #1216 on: October 22, 2014, 07:27:30 PM »
I love the Lions -4 this week. Early Sunday morning kick, in London, against a reeling Falcons team. Game feels like a 31-13 blowout.

It makes me queasy to think that Detroit is a favorite, but Atlanta has had 5 OL's injured this year, including 4 starters.    Matt Ryan cannot be looking forward to facing this pass rush with the JV team protecting him.     So I see how Detroit can win, but I remember being 6-2 last year and then.....
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #1217 on: October 22, 2014, 08:30:26 PM »
Along those lines...another thing to consider is that in the same system, with the same weapons, and the same coaches Josh McNown went 5-1. (And this is coming from a Bears fan - and now McNown is injured and probably never going to see the field unless McGlennon gets hurt)

I hope Jay can figure it out but looking at the equation whether it's Denver or Chicago there seems to be one common denominator.

I don't think the comparison is as straight-forward as you make it seem. Opponent/strength of schedule, team injuries, etc. all play a role as well.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1218 on: October 22, 2014, 10:10:57 PM »
I don't think the comparison is as straight-forward as you make it seem. Opponent/strength of schedule, team injuries, etc. all play a role as well.

Sure, but what has remained constant is that in the NFL you simply can't afford to turn the ball over as much as Jay Cutler does.  McCown didn't.  I get it, the OLine is at fault and the wideouts are at fault and the D can't stop anyone and the O Coordinator sucks.  But Jay still turns the ball over too much.  I also get it, I'm just a "Jay hater."  But Jay's own receiver is saying it.  Maybe he's just a Jay hater too, I guess.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #1219 on: October 22, 2014, 11:39:25 PM »
It makes me queasy to think that Detroit is a favorite, but Atlanta has had 5 OL's injured this year, including 4 starters.    Matt Ryan cannot be looking forward to facing this pass rush with the JV team protecting him.     So I see how Detroit can win, but I remember being 6-2 last year and then.....

Atlanta is really bad. Both of their lines are not good. Matt Ryan outdoors, on the road, not good (check out his record in domes vs outdoors). Their tight ends are terrible, they have little to no pass rush and a poor secondary.

Combine that with the odd start time, and I just think bad things are going to happen to Atlanta on Sunday.

muarmy81

• All American
« Reply #1220 on: October 23, 2014, 09:30:04 AM »

Fair enough but Miami, Carolina, and Buffalo aren't exactly world beaters this year either.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #1221 on: October 23, 2014, 11:28:23 AM »
Fair enough but Miami, Carolina, and Buffalo aren't exactly world beaters this year either.

Apples to oranges. Cutler needs to be better, nobody argues that.  And he's not helped a team that has a serious problem with turnover differential.  But McCown comparisons are annoying cause not a single one of his wins were against a team with a winning record, except the GB game against a team that was trotting out Seneca Wallace and Scott Tolzien at QB. 

And you may be right, but I would argue all 3 of those teams finish no worse than 8-8.  I think the Bills and Panthers end up making the playoffs

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #1222 on: October 23, 2014, 11:37:08 AM »

Josh McCown actually went 3-2 as the starter, with a blowout loss to the 7-9 Rams and a killer OT loss against a 5-win Vikings team during which Trestman proved that he didn't fully trust McCown. He won games against 8-8 Baltimore (in a strange, sloppy, weather-delayed game), at GB in the game Rodgers got hurt (Seneca Wallace time!) and against a .500 Dallas team with a horrible D. Don't you think Cutler could have at least gone 3-2 in those 5?

Look, Cutler obviously needs to take better care of the football but let's not act like Josh McCown is the answer to the Bears' issues.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1223 on: October 23, 2014, 11:48:54 AM »
Apples to oranges. Cutler needs to be better, nobody argues that.  And he's not helped a team that has a serious problem with turnover differential.  But McCown comparisons are annoying cause not a single one of his wins were against a team with a winning record, except the GB game against a team that was trotting out Seneca Wallace and Scott Tolzien at QB. 

And you may be right, but I would argue all 3 of those teams finish no worse than 8-8.  I think the Bills and Panthers end up making the playoffs

Disagreed on the Bills.  I think they finish under .500 and miss the Playoffs.  They really aren't that good.  Defense is solid and have some weapons on offense but no quarterback, and that is huge in the NFL.  They needed a last second comeback at home against the Vikings.  I know BeeJay proclaimed that big things are brewing in MPLS this season, but the big things that are brewing are a big number of losses by big points.  They are horrible.

And in my opinion, Carolina probably makes the Playoffs because their division is awful, but I think the Bills and the Dolphins are both better than them.  Carolina really isn't a very good football team, they just happen to be in a terrible division (although I still think the Saints can run off some wins, which is why Sunday seems to be a dangerous game for the Pack...playing against a desperate Saints team on the road heading into their bye).

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #1224 on: October 23, 2014, 03:17:35 PM »
 :o

Urlacher: Jay Cutler hasn't produced

"Financially, he is one of the elite guys in the NFL. ... He just hasn't produced like an elite quarterback," Urlacher said.

"You look at the Bradys, the Mannings, the Rodgers, the Brees, those guys win every year, even with no one around them," Urlacher said. "Rodgers has no offensive line. He wins. [Tom] Brady has no receivers. He wins.

"And you look at Jay. He's got Brandon [Marshall], Alshon [Jeffery], Matt [Forte], this great offensive line, Martellus Bennett, and they can't seem to put it together, for some reason. I'm not sure if that's his fault, but for some reason, they just can't figure it out."