[Today at 03:21:43 PM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by WhiteTrash
[Today at 03:15:40 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Jockey
[Today at 03:02:03 PM]

MU Gear by Pepe Sylvia
[Today at 11:45:12 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: 2014-15 NFC North/NFL Thread  (Read 585975 times)

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
  • Ammo, clean shaven Ammo.
Re: 2014-15 NFC North/NFL Thread
« Reply #1125 on: October 15, 2014, 11:31:22 AM »
IMO these polls are dumb, 1200+ people surveyed does not make America's team, esp. one with a 2-5 SB record

What does their superbowl record have to do with people liking them?

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #1126 on: October 15, 2014, 01:45:12 PM »
success usually breeds fandom i.e. NY Yankees, LA Lakers, Seattle moving way up in that same poll

plus I always like unnatural carnal knowledgeing with teams that lost more than a few Super Bowls ala Vikings and Broncos

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #1127 on: October 17, 2014, 12:46:36 AM »
The thing that blows my mind about the Cowboys... after last week Jerry said he would've fired the GM if he had one. Um, Jerry, maybe that means you should find a competent GM and that you shouldn't be running everything. It's really unbelievable.

Jerry has blown my mind for almost two decades.  He'll ruin this year as well, but it gives some of us hope that maybe he will get Ebola (and survive) and the team can carry on with out him when he realizes he should focus on duties that are not GM related.    And no, I don't hope he really gets Ebola, I would much rather the stripped lawsuit that was dropped yesterday went through and forced him out.  I can dream.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2014, 09:18:34 AM by ChicosBailBonds »

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #1128 on: October 17, 2014, 12:47:25 AM »
success usually breeds fandom i.e. NY Yankees, LA Lakers, Seattle moving way up in that same poll

plus I always like unnatural carnal knowledgeing with teams that lost more than a few Super Bowls ala Vikings and Broncos

Yes, but the Cowboys were #1 for the last 6 years in that poll and the last 18 years with the Cowboys have been brutal.  So it doesn't always hold.   

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
  • Ammo, clean shaven Ammo.
« Reply #1129 on: October 17, 2014, 07:53:54 AM »
NM
« Last Edit: October 17, 2014, 07:56:13 AM by Canned Goods n Ammo »

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #1130 on: October 17, 2014, 09:54:47 AM »
Last night, the Jets became the first team in NFL history to run for 200 yards, hold the ball for 40 or more minutes, commit zero turnovers...and lose.

MU B2002

• All American
  • Father to future alums in 2029 & 2037.
« Reply #1131 on: October 17, 2014, 10:08:08 AM »
Last night, the Jets became the first team in NFL history to run for 200 yards, hold the ball for 40 or more minutes, commit zero turnovers...and lose.

NYJ: 4 scoring drives in the first half: 43 plays, 4 FGs (two of which where inside 30 yards.)
NE: 3 scoring drives: 23 plays, 2 TDs and a FG

Gotta get the ball in the end zone.

(Edit: I know that isn't any new or earth shattering information.)

At least they didn't lose on a butt fumble, or like the Cardinals did 8 years ago yesterday.

http://youtu.be/SWmQbk5h86w
« Last Edit: October 17, 2014, 10:11:51 AM by MU B2ellenson2 »
"VPI"
- Mike Hunt

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #1132 on: October 17, 2014, 10:45:05 AM »
NYJ: 4 scoring drives in the first half: 43 plays, 4 FGs (two of which where inside 30 yards.)
NE: 3 scoring drives: 23 plays, 2 TDs and a FG

Gotta get the ball in the end zone.

Must have been a blowout, aina? 

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #1133 on: October 17, 2014, 03:11:40 PM »
So...how's everybody doing?

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #1134 on: October 17, 2014, 04:16:45 PM »
They're not really dumb, it's just showing the current bandwagon in America.

Also, the poll asked for two favorite teams, so Denver will pull votes with Peyton alone.

Those same 1200 might tell you that the Royals are America's team in baseball right now...

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1135 on: October 17, 2014, 04:20:30 PM »
So...how's everybody doing?

I'd be better if Sticky Shields and/or Tramon would be on the field Sunday.  Now $cam can go off on the Packers defense on the ground and through the air.

Put the team on your back, Rodgers.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

hairy worthen

• All American
« Reply #1136 on: October 17, 2014, 04:28:58 PM »
I'd be better if Sticky Shields and/or Tramon would be on the field Sunday.  Now $cam can go off on the Packers defense on the ground and through the air.

Put the team on your back, Rodgers.
Hayward and house will be just fine. In fact I like house better than shields right now. Watch for Matthews to have a big game. He has been taking a lot of crap in the media this week

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1137 on: October 17, 2014, 05:25:17 PM »
This is the exact type of quarterback that SMOKES Clay Matthews. No discipline whatsoever. House and Hayward are fine but there is no depth whatsoever. They'll be playing a lot of snaps and Hayward is much better covering the slot than out wide.

But I am now feeling much better long term with Percy Harvin being traded for a mid round pick. Thanks for putting the Pack in the Super Bowl, Seahawks. Wonder what he did wrong.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

hairy worthen

• All American
« Reply #1138 on: October 17, 2014, 05:36:08 PM »
This is the exact type of quarterback that SMOKES Clay Matthews. No discipline whatsoever. House and Hayward are fine but there is no depth whatsoever. They'll be playing a lot of snaps and Hayward is much better covering the slot than out wide.

But I am now feeling much better long term with Percy Harvin being traded for a mid round pick. Thanks for putting the Pack in the Super Bowl, Seahawks. Wonder what he did wrong.
They will put Hyde as nickel corner and bush in the dime. I would be concerned with bush but they will be fine

Just a hunch on Matthews we will see.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1139 on: October 19, 2014, 12:38:34 PM »
Packers ROLLING.

Bears and Lions losses would be nice today.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #1140 on: October 19, 2014, 01:12:07 PM »
Bears defense making Ryan Tannehill look like Peyton Manning. Can't believe theyre still in this thing.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #1141 on: October 19, 2014, 01:54:54 PM »
Mel Tucker is terrible. Trestmans offense isn't what it's cracked up to be. Before people start blaming Cutler let's look at the rest of the team first. Absolutely awful coaching. I swear Dan Marino is suited up for the Dolphins.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1142 on: October 19, 2014, 02:09:41 PM »
Mel Tucker is terrible. Trestmans offense isn't what it's cracked up to be. Before people start blaming Cutler let's look at the rest of the team first. Absolutely awful coaching. I swear Dan Marino is suited up for the Dolphins.

There has yet to be a coach/offensive coordinator that hasn't been horrible with Jay, and there have been a lot of different ones that Jay has gone through.

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #1143 on: October 19, 2014, 02:10:34 PM »
DirectTV Sunday Ticket blackout rules are absurd.  Local channel quit showing the Packers game because it is a blowout, but still can't watch the game on Sunday Ticket because of blackout rules.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #1144 on: October 19, 2014, 02:12:20 PM »
There has yet to be a coach/offensive coordinator that hasn't been horrible with Jay, and there have been a lot of different ones that Jay has gone through.

I'm not even dealing with your "better than thou" crap today. Time to watch doctor who.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2014, 02:17:37 PM by ChitownEllenson »

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1145 on: October 19, 2014, 02:17:59 PM »
Bears 0-3 at home this year after today.

I'm not even dealing with your "better than thou" crap today.

Haha there's always an excuse. Jay's coordinators were changing every year so he couldn't succeed. Lovie was a clueless offensive coach so Jay couldn't succeed. Jay doesn't have offensive playmakers so Jay can't succeed. Now Jay has offensive players but the defense is too bad so Jay can't succeed. Trestaman is an offensive genius so Jay will be awesome. Jay still stinks but it's okay because he was still learning Trestaman's great offense. Jay will be better in the 2nd year of Trestaman's revolutionary offense, and Jay even grew up and matured a lot. Jay continues to suck so Trestaman's offense is a joke. Etc. etc. etc.

Coach Killer Jay.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #1146 on: October 19, 2014, 02:21:21 PM »
How about the Redskins going to Colt McCoy....3rd QB for the Redskins this year already. 

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1147 on: October 19, 2014, 02:25:53 PM »
How about the Redskins going to Colt McCoy....3rd QB for the Redskins this year already. 

Yeah that was pretty funny. Many people around the Skins want RG3 traded away to let Kirk Cousins get his chance. Careful what you wish for.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #1148 on: October 19, 2014, 03:51:33 PM »
Nothing good anywhere on the field for the Bears right now.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1149 on: October 19, 2014, 04:40:41 PM »
Pete Carroll out-Pete Carrolled by Jeff Fisher today.  Gimmick plays to win.  Love seeing Carroll lose.  I will never understand how a punting team can get so sold on a punt returner running to the opposite side of the field than where the punt is going.  Shouldn't the punting team know where the punter will be punting the ball in a "coffin corner" situation?  The Packers were dumb enough to let the Bears do it to them a few years back, only to have it called back on a penalty.

I really don't know what to think about this season.  This year more than any other than I can think of it seems like there are no clear cut favorites.  Seattle embarrasses Green Bay to open the season and has looked average at best since then (the Harvin situation doesn't help their cause).  Green Bay looks awful the first 3 weeks of the season and have looked outstanding since (Miami is tough, on the road you take a last second win there).  Carolina looks outstanding one week and awful the next.  Bears same story.  Saints and Falcons can look great at times but overall aren't very good.  Dallas seems to be good but for one reason or another they don't scare me as a Packers fan one bit (although if Murray keeps going like he has been then I should be shaking).  Arizona is good, but are they really?  Is Philli?

Kind of the same story in the AFC.  Denver is good.  San Diego is playing well but I wouldn't be overly scared of them.  Cinci looked incredible 3 weeks ago and now don't look very good.  Baltimore is playing well now.  New England is starting to find its way but they aren't that good.  I'm not a believer in Indi, but they'll have a nice record courtesy of that division.

If I had to make a list of the top 5 teams in each division with my green and gold glasses on it would probably go like this at this point:

NFC
1) Packers
2) Eagles
3) Lions
4) 49ers
5) Cowboys

AFC
1) Broncos
2) Chargers
3) Patriots
4) Colts
5) Ravens?

To me the NFC is much deeper.  Broncos may be the best team in the NFL right now but I have a hard time cutting down a top 5 in the NFC, while I have a hard time finding 5 really quality teams in the AFC.  And I guarantee these "rankings" would change every week.  Just a weird season.

feedback