[April 18, 2024, 09:34:43 PM]

Maximilian Langenfeld by TSmith34, Inc.
[April 18, 2024, 09:22:20 PM]

MU Gear by TallTitan34
[April 18, 2024, 07:27:40 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Uncle Rico
[April 18, 2024, 05:33:25 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: 2014-15 NFC North/NFL Thread  (Read 585960 times)

brandx

Re: 2014-15 NFC North/NFL Thread
« Reply #600 on: September 15, 2014, 04:22:17 PM »
I disagree with this.  Bears fans are like any other fans, blindly supportive of times, but what fans aren't?  The Bears fans I know are typically realistic about expectations as a whole for their team.  I think they may give more credit or benefit of the doubt to individual players, but their overall feelings on their team seem to be pretty realistic.  Bear down is pretty darn annoying, though.

Vikings fans are just plain not intelligent.  "SKOL VIKINGS!  We're the best!  Brett Favre!  Ryan Longwell!  Packers suck!"  That's about all that comes to mind when I think of Vikings fans.

I was just kidding with the comment since there are so many bear fans here

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #601 on: September 15, 2014, 06:58:16 PM »
Second allegation surfacing now on Petersen. Could the Vikings and the NFL be any more tone deaf?  It really is becoming a joke.

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #602 on: September 15, 2014, 07:15:32 PM »
This part is probably the part that pisses me off the most and is total BS.

I find it VERY hard to believe that was the first time Ray Rice hit his girlfriend/fiance/wife. I find it VERY hard to believe that was the only son Peterson ever hit (and the new allegations this evening show that). Same with McDonald, same with Hardy, I'd be shocked if all of those incidents were "isolated".

The BS double standard that exists for high profile players (Rice, Hardy, Peterson) is awful, just awful and makes me sick.

AJ Jefferson (Vikes, cut immediately after DV charge), Chris Cook (Vikes, inactive for 10 games on domestic assault charges), Caleb King (Vikes, cut days after arrested for assault).

Where was their "due process" Wilf/Spielman?

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #603 on: September 15, 2014, 07:17:50 PM »
Second allegation surfacing now on Petersen. Could the Vikings and the NFL be any more tone deaf?  It really is becoming a joke.

Idk that it makes much difference...his defense is clearly that he feels he did nothing wring, and what he did was in the name of discipline. If anything, another kid probably helps fortify that 'defense' and narrative. Its ridiculous of course, but there are already plenty of folks coming to his defense for that reason.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #604 on: September 15, 2014, 07:20:50 PM »
This part is probably the part that pisses me off the most and is total BS.

I find it VERY hard to believe that was the first time Ray Rice hit his girlfriend/fiance/wife. I find it VERY hard to believe that was the only son Peterson ever hit (and the new allegations this evening show that). Same with McDonald, same with Hardy, I'd be shocked if all of those incidents were "isolated".

The BS double standard that exists for high profile players celebrities/rich people(Rice, Hardy, Peterson) is awful, just awful and makes me sick.

AJ Jefferson (Vikes, cut immediately after DV charge), Chris Cook (Vikes, inactive for 10 games on domestic assault charges), Caleb King (Vikes, cut days after arrested for assault).

Where was their "due process" Wilf/Spielman?

FTFY

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #605 on: September 15, 2014, 07:24:07 PM »
Idk that it makes much difference...his defense is clearly that he feels he did nothing wring, and what he did was in the name of discipline. If anything, another kid probably helps fortify that 'defense' and narrative. Its ridiculous of course, but there are already plenty of folks coming to his defense for that reason.

Where I think it makes a difference is the ridiculous presser the Vikes had today. I'm sorry, but they HAD TO know what was going on. This case was in front of a grand jury weeks ago (no idea why no indictment the first go around). If the Vikes wanted to do what they did today, they should have just issued a statement "we're monitoring the situation and will assess the proceedings as the week continues". Spielman could barely put a sentence together at times.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #606 on: September 15, 2014, 07:55:34 PM »

No it makes the Vikings look terrible. They reinstate him, hold a joke of a press conference, only to have a new allegation surface about four hours later. If it wasn't so tragic, it would be laughable.

After a week of utterly terrible headlines, the Vikings thought it would be a good idea to play him after this?  Who on earth thinks that's smart?

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #607 on: September 15, 2014, 08:02:57 PM »

buckchuckler

• All American
« Reply #609 on: September 15, 2014, 08:17:46 PM »
This crap is actually making me care less and less about the NFL.  I know I'm in the minority, but it is just wearing on me. 

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #610 on: September 15, 2014, 08:30:21 PM »
Sorry if this was already posted

http://devour.com/video/what-does-it-stand-for/

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #611 on: September 15, 2014, 08:38:07 PM »
Kudos to Radisson Hotels, about time someone pulled a sponsorship.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #612 on: September 15, 2014, 08:42:03 PM »
Does AP only get suspended if there's a video?

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #613 on: September 15, 2014, 09:37:49 PM »
Vikings released a statement that they knew about the second accusation but reinstated him anyway. Incredible.

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #614 on: September 15, 2014, 10:26:20 PM »
Vikings released a statement that they knew about the second accusation but reinstated him anyway. Incredible.

This is just amazing.  He doesn't even deny beating the kids in any of these cases.  Rather he claims to just be being a good parent and providing discipline.

In this new case, he states that it wouldn't have even happy if the 4 year old would have just sat there and took the beating.

Fabulous.  This man should be in jail.

If he did this to another full grown man, he would be in jail, but to a 4 year old….he claims it is just good parenting.

I think he should be banned before Ray Rice and Rice clearly should be banned.

brandx

« Reply #615 on: September 15, 2014, 10:40:40 PM »
Excuse me, but how many more 4-year old sons does AP have?

And can't we put him in jail before he kills one of these kids?

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #616 on: September 15, 2014, 10:41:49 PM »
Good on Radisson. But how can the University of Minnesota Children's hospital continue giving support?

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #617 on: September 15, 2014, 10:57:55 PM »
Excuse me, but how many more 4-year old sons does AP have?

And can't we put him in jail before he kills one of these kids?

He's been quoted as saying he has no idea how many kids he's fathered.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #618 on: September 15, 2014, 11:17:11 PM »
Part 1: <a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/lpkZUygwvas?hl=en_US&amp;amp;version=3" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/lpkZUygwvas?hl=en_US&amp;amp;version=3</a>

Part 2: <a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/LIcDg2Vyqz4?version=3" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/LIcDg2Vyqz4?version=3</a>

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #619 on: September 16, 2014, 12:59:56 AM »
The argument that they need to let the legal process play out is BS.  AP admits to everything and even boasted about hitting the kid in the nuts with the branch one time.

What happened isn't a debate, he's admitted to it all, just claimed he was being a good father.

Whether he is legally culpable has no bearing on the leagues actions…they know what happened, now they should act on it. 

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
  • Ammo, clean shaven Ammo.
« Reply #620 on: September 16, 2014, 09:37:27 AM »
The NFL and the Vikes have big enough balls to blackmail the state into funding a 1billion dollar stadium, but they don't have the guts to suspend a guy until the legal process is finished.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #621 on: September 16, 2014, 09:48:16 AM »
Tony Dungy comes out and says players need second chances?  The same guy who said Michael Sam would be a distraction?  What a gutless piece of sh*t.

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
« Reply #622 on: September 16, 2014, 10:00:10 AM »
Tony Dungy comes out and says players need second chances?  The same guy who said Michael Sam would be a distraction?  What a gutless piece of sh*t.

Ugh.

The second chance stuff is such BS.

By next season, there will be a redemption narrative for Peterson when he's playing for the Cowboys. We'll hear all about it with some sappy pregame interviews, and then everybody can believe he's a good person again. Wash. Rinse. Repeat.

It happened with Vick. It'll happen for Peterson.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #623 on: September 16, 2014, 10:08:50 AM »
I don't mind second chances if the behavior does indeed change.  (Although I can do without the over-the-top second chances.)

A great example is Brandon Marshall, who had all sorts of issues including a domestic violence charge.  But he has been pretty proactive about his subsequent diagnosis of borderline personality disorder, and has been trying to raise awareness of that disease and mental illness in general.  And since that diagnosis, he hasn't had any legal issues at all.

So redemption can happen.  But it has to be genuine.  And it takes time.  But if Peterson genuinely wants to change his behavior and those of others, and is public about this, I have no problem with him resuming his career.

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
« Reply #624 on: September 16, 2014, 10:27:20 AM »
I don't mind second chances if the behavior does indeed change.  (Although I can do without the over-the-top second chances.)

A great example is Brandon Marshall, who had all sorts of issues including a domestic violence charge.  But he has been pretty proactive about his subsequent diagnosis of borderline personality disorder, and has been trying to raise awareness of that disease and mental illness in general.  And since that diagnosis, he hasn't had any legal issues at all.

So redemption can happen.  But it has to be genuine.  And it takes time.  But if Peterson genuinely wants to change his behavior and those of others, and is public about this, I have no problem with him resuming his career.

In theory, I agree, but in practice, I think it's rare.

I know the league can't really do it, but I'd love to see zero tolerance, and just start clearing these guys out. For every Brandon Marshall, I'm afraid there are 5 other guys who aren't really "better", but just quieter about their bad behavior when they are given second chances.

Hell, Favre was taking dong pics late in his career. Dude never changed. Always a creep, but we were all sold this "Brett is like a kid out there playing football" image because it sells viewership.

I know the owners won't do it, because they literally only care about $, but I'd like to see the league take a stand.