[March 27, 2024, 11:34:10 PM]

Kam Jones 1st Round Mock - The Ringer by PGsHeroes32
[March 27, 2024, 10:40:15 PM]

Katz has MU in Final Four by MurphysTillClose
[March 27, 2024, 10:24:36 PM]

Best MU team since 1977 by Galway Eagle
[March 27, 2024, 09:47:04 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Diamond Stone  (Read 145481 times)

LAMUfan

• All American
Re: Diamond Stone
« Reply #225 on: April 23, 2014, 11:18:53 AM »
all you midwesterners need to get off the pity train.  UCLA is not for everyone, I grew up in santa monica, went to MU, still live in milwaukee, people do crazy stuff.  also the coeds at UCLA are nothing special... unless you have a thing for asians, than any UC school is probably your bag

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #226 on: April 23, 2014, 11:24:42 AM »
all you midwesterners need to get off the pity train.  UCLA is not for everyone, I grew up in santa monica, went to MU, still live in milwaukee, people do crazy stuff.  also the coeds at UCLA are nothing special... unless you have a thing for asians, than any UC school is probably your bag

Thank you

I've been to westwood many times.  It's a nice place, like 50 other major universities are nice places.  It's a good academic school, like 50 other schools are.  The weather is nice, and that is important to some, not so much to others.  The girls are nice, like they are at lots of universities that have thousands to pick from.

Yes, UCLA is good school and good choice.  But so is MU.  Unless you suffer, like many here, from WI inferiority complex that anything Milwaukee must be second class.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #227 on: April 23, 2014, 11:47:25 AM »
all you midwesterners need to get off the pity train.  UCLA is not for everyone, I grew up in santa monica, went to MU, still live in milwaukee, people do crazy stuff.  also the coeds at UCLA are nothing special... unless you have a thing for asians, than any UC school is probably your bag

Here's another thought... proportionately, there are just as many "fat chicks" at UCLA - or ASU, or UT, or Miami, or USC, etc. - as there are at MU... the difference is that the ones at MU aren't indoctrinated with the concept of their life not being worth living if they don't stick their finger down their throat after every meal.

Call it truth-in-advertising if you'd like, but if you marry your MU sweetheart, the chances of your wife going Kirstie Alley on you within 10 years will seem like a relative impossibility compared to the chances taken by those marrying their UCLA/ASU/UT sweetheart.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

The Process

• All American
« Reply #228 on: April 23, 2014, 11:56:21 AM »
I wonder who posts, "We've cooled on him" first???

Perhaps we should all take a deep breath and let the coaching staff do what they do....

Respect the Process.
Relax. Respect the Process.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #229 on: April 23, 2014, 11:57:43 AM »

Their girl parts run sideways. 

LAMUfan

• All American
« Reply #230 on: April 23, 2014, 12:40:17 PM »
Their girl parts run sideways. 

I think that is the general consensus yes

79Warrior

• All American
« Reply #231 on: April 23, 2014, 01:36:10 PM »
Thank you

I've been to westwood many times.  It's a nice place, like 50 other major universities are nice places.  It's a good academic school, like 50 other schools are.  The weather is nice, and that is important to some, not so much to others.  The girls are nice, like they are at lots of universities that have thousands to pick from.

Yes, UCLA is good school and good choice.  But so is MU.  Unless you suffer, like many here, from WI inferiority complex that anything Milwaukee must be second class.

UCLA is an outstanding school, one of the MOST difficult public universities to get admitted too. In no way are Marquette and UCLA comparable academically. Take a look at the GPA and  test scores required to have even a shot to get into UCLA. Stop fooling yourself.

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #232 on: April 23, 2014, 01:40:00 PM »
UCLA is an outstanding school, one of the MOST difficult public universities to get admitted too. In no way are Marquette and UCLA comparable academically. Take a look at the GPA and  test scores required to have even a shot to get into UCLA. Stop fooling yourself.

The issue is why Stone would pick UCLA over MU.  None of these arguments will play into that consideration. So, what is your point?

He's staying one year and going pro.

Groin_pull

• All American
« Reply #233 on: April 23, 2014, 01:41:33 PM »

Comparing MU to UCLA academically is laughable.

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #234 on: April 23, 2014, 01:53:14 PM »

Correct and no one brought it up ... so why did you?

Groin_pull

• All American
« Reply #235 on: April 23, 2014, 01:54:20 PM »
Here's another thought... proportionately, there are just as many "fat chicks" at UCLA - or ASU, or UT, or Miami, or USC, etc. - as there are at MU... the difference is that the ones at MU aren't indoctrinated with the concept of their life not being worth living if they don't stick their finger down their throat after every meal.

Call it truth-in-advertising if you'd like, but if you marry your MU sweetheart, the chances of your wife going Kirstie Alley on you within 10 years will seem like a relative impossibility compared to the chances taken by those marrying their UCLA/ASU/UT sweetheart.

If you're honestly telling me that MU girls remotely compare to those in the PAC-12...you are absolutely insane.

LAMUfan

• All American
« Reply #236 on: April 23, 2014, 02:45:04 PM »
plenty of good looking girls at MU, plenty in CA.  you know what everyone of my friends from LA says the first time they are in a Milwaukee bar, "holy crap there's a lot of good looking white chicks."

79Warrior

• All American
« Reply #237 on: April 23, 2014, 02:46:18 PM »
The issue is why Stone would pick UCLA over MU.  None of these arguments will play into that consideration. So, what is your point?

He's staying one year and going pro.

The fact that you even ask that question is amazing. If academics don't matter to you, then walk into Pauley and look up. Enough said.

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #238 on: April 23, 2014, 02:48:20 PM »
The fact that you even ask that question is amazing. If academics don't matter to you, then walk into Pauley and look up. Enough said.

Huh?

Are you saying the US News school ranking plays into Diamond Stone's decision to go to a school for one-year to play basketball and then go pro for millions?

That is what we are talking about.  Not sure what you're babbling about.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #239 on: April 23, 2014, 02:59:06 PM »
If you're honestly telling me that MU girls remotely compare to those in the PAC-12...you are absolutely insane.

what if we don't like blondes or tans?  Then Wisconsin girls might be looking a lot nicer. 
Maigh Eo for Sam

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #240 on: April 23, 2014, 03:01:54 PM »

Our Physical therapy program begs to differ! and our Nursing program is close enough that it is at least comparable!
Maigh Eo for Sam

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #241 on: April 23, 2014, 03:06:52 PM »
plenty of good looking girls at MU, plenty in CA.  you know what everyone of my friends from LA says the first time they are in a Milwaukee bar, "holy crap there's a lot of good looking white chicks."

a lot of skinny brothers like chunky white women.

Groin_pull

• All American
« Reply #242 on: April 23, 2014, 03:39:32 PM »
what if we don't like blondes or tans?  Then Wisconsin girls might be looking a lot nicer. 

Wisconsin gals only look good after you've been in prison for about 10 years.

buckchuckler

• All American
« Reply #243 on: April 23, 2014, 03:52:48 PM »

That's probably true of the ones that would look at you.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #244 on: April 23, 2014, 03:58:36 PM »

I can live with that. (now you have to wonder which one I'm talking about)

Maigh Eo for Sam

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #245 on: April 23, 2014, 04:15:50 PM »

Academics matter to most college students...but not to most high major caliber players.

UCLA is a great academic school...but if the best academic schools won the most titles, then places like the Ivies, Northwestern, Duke, UVa, Vanderbilt, Stanford, etc would all be way ahead of UCLA.

79Warrior

• All American
« Reply #246 on: April 23, 2014, 04:22:21 PM »
Huh?

Are you saying the US News school ranking plays into Diamond Stone's decision to go to a school for one-year to play basketball and then go pro for millions?

That is what we are talking about.  Not sure what you're babbling about.

Let me dumb it down so you understand. Pauley is the on campus facility UCLA plays basketball in. By looking up you will see the most NCAA basketball banners in the country. Perhaps that might appeal to Mr Stone.

Groin_pull

• All American
« Reply #247 on: April 23, 2014, 04:27:09 PM »
That's probably true of the ones that would look at you.

Wow. That's pretty big talk. I can guarantee I've been with women you could never hope to be with.

Now get off the computer, you're mom need to use it.

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #248 on: April 23, 2014, 04:28:17 PM »
Let me dumb it down so you understand. Pauley is the on campus facility UCLA plays basketball in. By looking up you will see the most NCAA basketball banners in the country. Perhaps that might appeal to Mr Stone.

Ok, got it.  That is a valid reason, even though most of those banners were won before Stone was born some before his father was born.

But for the record, you started this part of the discussion with:

UCLA is an outstanding school, one of the MOST difficult public universities to get admitted too. In no way are Marquette and UCLA comparable academically. Take a look at the GPA and  test scores required to have even a shot to get into UCLA. Stop fooling yourself.

You wrote this in response to why Stone would chose UCLA suggesting you thought these criteria mattered to Diamond Stone's decision.

buckchuckler

• All American
« Reply #249 on: April 23, 2014, 04:40:31 PM »
Wow. That's pretty big talk. I can guarantee I've been with women you could never hope to be with.

Now get off the computer, you're mom need to use it.

Hahahahahhahaha,  wonderful.  Clever and original, but your "my mom needs the computer statement" either paints me as a little kid or as the basement dwelling anti-social dweeb that all message board posters are seen as.  Either way it really hurts your super cool statement of how many women you've been with.  

Between your criticizing the women of an entire state, and the bragging about the women you've been with... boy you must really really be ugly.

But anyhoo, you make weenies with your mama's toe jam, and you like it!  
« Last Edit: April 23, 2014, 04:52:55 PM by buckchuckler »