[Today at 03:24:51 PM]

Where is Marquette? by Uncle Rico
[Today at 03:05:12 PM]

Sweet 16 presser by tower912
[Today at 02:40:05 PM]

Dallas bars tonite by Jay Bee
[Today at 02:05:40 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Does Fox Sports 1 app work if you don't have cable/sat?  (Read 6461 times)

cven7

• Walk-On
Does Fox Sports 1 app work if you don't have cable/sat?
« on: November 12, 2013, 02:09:00 PM »
I haven't been able to find the answer for this online, but have struck out thus far.   I have high speed internet, but no cable connection, and want to watch tonight's MU game without having to resort to the malware cess pool of sites like firstrow.eu. 

Can you get the game on the FS1 app if don't have cable/satellite?  Is there another option for in-home viewing in this situation aside from those pirated feed sites?

Any help is greatly appreciated!  Cheers!

CreightonWarrior

• Starter
Re: Does Fox Sports 1 app work if you don't have cable/sat?
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2013, 02:10:40 PM »
It is the same concept as the WatchESPN app. You need to login using your cable companies login.

The Man in Gold

• All American
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2013, 02:35:06 PM »
It is the same concept as the WatchESPN app. You need to login using your cable companies login.

Fox Sports GO has the same concept, but much smaller distribution at this point.  Looks like the only 2 national cable companies at this point are xfinity (Comcast) and AT&T Uverse.  Everyone else is out of luck at least for tonight.  Hope they get this updated soon.

Captain, We need more sweatervests!  TheManInGold has been blinded by the light (off the technicolor sweatervest)

MUFan42

• Walk-On
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2013, 02:35:58 PM »
What's the app called? Just fs1?

CreightonWarrior

• Starter
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2013, 02:41:20 PM »
What's the app called? Just fs1?
Fox Sports Go

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2013, 04:22:40 PM »
I haven't been able to find the answer for this online, but have struck out thus far.   I have high speed internet, but no cable connection, and want to watch tonight's MU game without having to resort to the malware cess pool of sites like firstrow.eu. 

Can you get the game on the FS1 app if don't have cable/satellite?  Is there another option for in-home viewing in this situation aside from those pirated feed sites?

No, for a reason.  Fox makes their money off of cable, telco and satellite contracts, if they were to give it away for free they would not make money.  If they charged for a streaming only version not tied to subscriptions, they would make a lot less money than what they make now.

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2013, 04:26:13 PM »
They really need to get their crap together and add more providers.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2013, 04:32:17 PM »
They really need to get their crap together and add more providers.

Follow the money.  I can't make it any more simple than that (not yelling at you...promise....just stating it... :P).  Fox wanted to raise the rates on these channels prior to launch, but when they realized every distributor was saying no and they boxed themselves into a corner by saying they would have massive amounts of homes taking their channels, they had to back down on the rate increase demands.  So now that gets worked into the negotiations moving forward.  If you want this add-on for your customers, then it will require X, Y, Z considerations.  So on and so forth.  I don't think you're going to see a bunch of providers any time soon added to the list.  A few, here and there, but many will be tied to when the contractual resets are done and tied to the main deals that were done years ago.  This is also why so many providers do not have ESPN app authenticated yet, because the cycle hasn't been completed where distributor contracts have come up and no one is in a hurry to let their customers stream content when it means having to take on massive new costs (which hit customers) and forced to take on additional programming (i.e. Longhorn, etc) that most providers would rather use capacity for something else.

An unfortunate byproduct of the industry.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2013, 04:34:02 PM by ChicosBailBonds »

LloydMooresLegs

« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2013, 04:49:06 PM »
And the app works well; I was trying to find the MU-Southern game when out of town last weekend, and it wasn't on b/c the app does not yet support FSN2 and 3, I guess.  But the FSN1 games were on and streaming nicely.

Moe

• Walk-On
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2013, 04:54:45 PM »

If you have a friend that has FS1 with their cable package and they trust you, just ask for their username and password.

mr.MUskie

• All American
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2013, 04:55:58 PM »
Is the app iOS only?  I'm not seeing it in the Google Play Store.

MUFan42

• Walk-On
« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2013, 05:41:02 PM »
I was able to find it through iOS..hopefully the quality is decent

netty24

• Starter
« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2013, 05:48:16 PM »
Sorry to hijack this thread a bit, but can I watch the game on my laptop if I use my family's (they live in wisco, im in minneapolis) cable info? Or is the app solely for phones, Ipads, etc.? If anyone could provide me a link for that I would be grateful, been looking around on their website and haven't found much success.

EDIT: Never mind, figured it out.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2013, 05:54:18 PM by netty24 »

muhoosier260

• All American
« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2013, 11:52:39 AM »
Sorry to hijack this thread a bit, but can I watch the game on my laptop if I use my family's (they live in wisco, im in minneapolis) cable info? Or is the app solely for phones, Ipads, etc.? If anyone could provide me a link for that I would be grateful, been looking around on their website and haven't found much success.

EDIT: Never mind, figured it out.

What did you find out about this? I might be interested in doing something similar but don't know if it will work.

MURower13

• Walk-On
« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2013, 03:42:57 PM »
It took some digging, because apparently (well, according to my eyesight) they don't really make it nice and easy to find online (unlike ESPN, which has WatchESPN links all over the place).

Here's the link to the desktop version (which also has links to the App downloads) http://msn.foxsports.com/foxsportsgo/

mr.MUskie

• All American
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2013, 04:40:04 PM »
It took some digging, because apparently (well, according to my eyesight) they don't really make it nice and easy to find online (unlike ESPN, which has WatchESPN links all over the place).

Here's the link to the desktop version (which also has links to the App downloads) http://msn.foxsports.com/foxsportsgo/

Thanks for the link!

For WOW customers in Illinois, they are a participating provider, so you can watch online.  Also, to answer a question I posted a few days ago, they only show an Apple app.  No Android love.

Moe

• Walk-On
« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2013, 04:27:15 PM »
For those of us with Comcast and on Android devices, the Xfinity streaming app streams FS1: http://www.engadget.com/2013/11/04/xfinity-app-live-streaming-out-now/

CreightonWarrior

• Starter
« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2013, 04:43:08 PM »
What they need to do next is get it compatible with Apple TV. Its pretty easy to stream off of my ipad onto it but there is a WATCH ESPN  on Apple TV that is a lot better quality and i would love for Fox Sports GO to get on there also.