[Today at 08:16:25 AM]

Marquette Football Update by Viper
[April 26, 2024, 08:10:52 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by avid1010
[April 26, 2024, 07:48:11 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by WhiteTrash
[April 26, 2024, 03:52:54 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: MU Alum The Newest TV Star! Marcus Lemonis  (Read 5501 times)

Tugg Speedman

• All American
MU Alum The Newest TV Star! Marcus Lemonis
« on: August 20, 2013, 10:24:16 AM »
CNBC started a new TV reality show called "The Profit?"  It stars Marcus Lemonis.

About The Profit

http://www.cnbc.com/id/100788798

When Marcus Lemonis isn’t running his multi-billion dollar company, Camping World, he goes on the hunt for struggling businesses that are desperate for cash and ripe for a deal. In the past 10 years, he’s successfully turned around over 100 companies. Now he’s bringing those skills to CNBC Prime and doing something no one has ever done on TV before … he’s putting over $2 million of his own money on the line. In each episode, Lemonis makes an offer that’s impossible to refuse; his cash for a piece of the business and a percentage of the profits. And once inside these companies, he’ll do almost anything to save the business and make himself a profit; even if it means firing the president, promoting the secretary or doing the work himself.

Who Is Marcus Lemonis

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marcus_Lemonis

Lemonis was born in Beirut, Lebanon during the chaos of civil war and foreign invasions. At nine months old, he was adopted by Leo and Sophia Lemonis, a Greek couple living in Miami. He grew up in the automotive industry, as his grandfather owned two of the largest Chevrolet dealerships in the United States.[3]

At age 12, Lemonis had his first business: a lawn mowing service, in order to generate money to open a candy business. In his early life he was called “The Mayor,” because he liked to be in charge of everything.

As a child, Lemonis attended Epiphany Grade School and then went on to attend Christopher Columbus High School (Miami) prior to moving to Milwaukee, WI to attend Marquette University. At Marquette, he was involved in student government, was a member of the track team and served as the president of the Student Athletic Council. Lemonis graduated with a degree in political science in 1995. At graduation, the Rev. Robert A. Wild -President of Marquette - was asked to describe Marcus in one word. That word was “Entrepreneurial”.

After graduating from Marquette University Lemonis returned to Florida and ran for a seat in the Florida House of Representatives. At the age of 22 and with no political experience, he gained the endorsement of the Miami Herald, though he lost the campaign.

« Last Edit: August 20, 2013, 10:31:20 AM by AnotherMU84 »

Tugg Speedman

• All American
Re: MU Alum The Newest TV Star!
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2013, 10:29:14 AM »
Side note, A few years ago we had a post called "MU Richest Alums"

http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=18676.0

The lead post was:

I was having this debate with some of my friends a few months ago, and we never settled it. I said one day that I thought D-Wade might be our richest living graduate. My friends said that he might not even be in the top 10. I can't really think of anyone who would be richer than him, but it's certainly a good possibility. Looking at Wade, he's making the better part of 16 million this year for his salary, but that probably pales in comparison to what he gets from his numerous endorsements (Gatorade, T-Mobile, Nike, whatever else he might be involved with). I guess I'm asking, what do you all think? D-Wade or the field? I'm just very curious, thanks!

Lemonis lives in Miami.  So, Wade is not even the richest MU alum in Miami let alone the richest anywhere!

martyconlonontherun

• All American
Re: MU Alum The Newest TV Star! Marcus Lemonis
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2013, 10:40:26 AM »
Anybody else watch the show? I'm not sure how I feel about it.

Pros:
Shows different types of businesses to keep it interesting
Has core concepts to show how an outsider can help these businesses
Shows some structure of the companies finances.
Doesn't always work out. Shows this is real.

Cons:
I feel they don't go enough into the business and numbers
Show way too much drama (Lemonis isn't a movie star, out of his element)
Ends abruptly and doesn't follow up on businesses from what I can tell.

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2013, 12:05:07 PM »
I agree that the show could use some tweaking.  Hopefully they will not use the decent ratings after 3 or 4 episodes to say the status quo is the best way to go.

Lemonis is is on daytime CNBC almost everyday and he does follow up in these segments.

« Last Edit: August 24, 2013, 05:58:12 PM by AnotherMU84 »

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2013, 12:17:47 PM »
I have a high school buddy of mine in Boise that works for Camping Workd which this guy owns. Lots o money with this guy

feedback