Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Crittle no longer an option  (Read 3135 times)

bma725

• All American
Crittle no longer an option
« on: October 04, 2007, 11:28:02 AM »
According to Dave Telep MU has been eliminated.  Top 4 are KSU, Minnesota, Oregon, and Southern Illinois.

NYWarrior

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
Re: Crittle no longer an option
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2007, 11:35:34 AM »
According to Dave Telep MU has been eliminated.  Top 4 are KSU, Minnesota, Oregon, and Southern Illinois.

guess he wanted MU more than MU wanted him.  good luck to Josh

DanceHallPlayer

• Walk-On
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2007, 12:52:53 PM »
Bullseye brothers comments on Josh Crittle today:

The recent comments that were made by Josh Crittle, the 6'8 forward from Hales Franciscan in Chicago concerning his recent official visits to both Kansas State and Southern Illinois simply left us shaking our head.  With that being said, and seeing as though Marquette appears to no longer be an option for Crittle, we are telling everyone not to underestimate Minnesota when it is all said and done.  In fact, Gopher head coach Tubby Smith and his assistants have kind of sneaked in through the back door, and as a result were able to secure a last second official visit this weekend.  Crittle had originally planned to visit Minnesota the first weekend of September before having to reschedule. We also think that Oregon is still right at the top of Crittle's list. 
file:///C:/Users/dhoughton/AppData/Local/Microsoft/Windows/Temporary%20Internet%20Files/Content.IE5/P45VEX3L/White%20Guy%20Cant%20Jump.gif

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
  • Ammo, clean shaven Ammo.
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2007, 12:58:23 PM »
Bullseye brothers comments on Josh Crittle today:

The recent comments that were made by Josh Crittle, the 6'8 forward from Hales Franciscan in Chicago concerning his recent official visits to both Kansas State and Southern Illinois simply left us shaking our head.  With that being said, and seeing as though Marquette appears to no longer be an option for Crittle, we are telling everyone not to underestimate Minnesota when it is all said and done.  In fact, Gopher head coach Tubby Smith and his assistants have kind of sneaked in through the back door, and as a result were able to secure a last second official visit this weekend.  Crittle had originally planned to visit Minnesota the first weekend of September before having to reschedule. We also think that Oregon is still right at the top of Crittle's list. 

Does anybody know if he cooled on MU or if MU cooled on him?

Was he a back-up plan for MU all along?

Ready2Fly

• All American
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2007, 01:24:53 PM »
The impression I got was that MU was his first choice, and that he was our backup plan.  So if he's out of the running, it could mean we have some good news from Ben-Eze coming soon....

(wishful thinking, I know)

Harrison

• Team Captain
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2007, 01:38:42 PM »
does anyone know what crittle's "recent comments" were?

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
  • Ammo, clean shaven Ammo.
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2007, 02:34:18 PM »
The impression I got was that MU was his first choice, and that he was our backup plan.  So if he's out of the running, it could mean we have some good news from Ben-Eze coming soon....

(wishful thinking, I know)

Cool.

Although, I have to be honest as say that I was hoping for a class of Shumpert, Williams, Ben Eze and Crittle.

I'm sure the coaches know what they want.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2007, 02:50:15 PM »
does anyone know what crittle's "recent comments" were?

I donno what his comments were (other than he wanted a better conference than SIU - which is probably why Minnesota is good guess).  But, his HS coach had this to say, which kinda' worried me

Crittle's high school coach Gary London said Crittle has kept him in the loop throughout the recruiting process. London said he advised Crittle to go to a team that fits his style and plays more of a half-court offense.

"He doesn't need to go to a program where they just do a lot of running and they don't really wait for the big men to get down the floor," London said.

I don't think Crean wants big men that aren't willing to run.

ecompt

• All American
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2007, 03:20:37 PM »
maybe Crittle found out TC's plans were to put him on the wide post. ;)

MUBasketball

• All American
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2007, 06:38:33 PM »
If I had to guess, I would assume they were making reference to Crittle's comments about K-State being in the middle of nowhere, and Southern Illinois being in a lousy conference (not really a true statement, but that's basically what he said). I believe Crittle's intention was to say Southern Illinois is basically a high major in a mid major conference, but his comments came out as very critical of the Missouri Valley.

feedback