[Today at 11:26:20 AM]

NC State by MUMountin
[Today at 11:25:44 AM]

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by Uncle Rico
[Today at 11:15:58 AM]

Kam Jones 1st Round Mock - The Ringer by PGsHeroes32
[Today at 10:50:38 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: student tickets $70  (Read 13312 times)

Gwaki

• All American
student tickets $70
« on: September 19, 2007, 12:38:29 PM »
I just got the email and the tickets are $70. I will post the email when I get back from class.

Secret of the Ouse

• Starter
Re: student tickets $70
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2007, 12:55:53 PM »
FANATIC TICKETS ON SALE NOW!

Dear,

Fanatic tickets for Marquette Basketball's 18-game home schedule are now available for $70.  Notwithstanding the first price increase in nearly a decade, Marquette Basketball's student season ticket package remains one of the most accessible and affordable in major college basketball.  You may now purchase tickets through your 'My Marquette Account'.

Once you login to your account you may purchase your tickets by clicking on the Purchase Tickets link.  Fanatic tickets are only available to valid Marquette students and each student may only purchase one (1) ticket.  If you encounter any problems purchasing tickets or have any questions, please visit the Al McGuire Center ticket office located on 12th Street between Wisconsin and Wells.

If joining your friends at the Bradley Center and experiencing college basketball at the highest level wasn't enough, being a Fanatic has additional benefits.

By purchasing the men's basketball season ticket package you are automatically enrolled in the Fanatic Rewards Program.  The program is simple.  You earn points by attending sporting events - soccer and volleyball in the fall, and men's and women's basketball this winter.  The more events you attend, the better chance you have to reap the benefits.  More detailed information on the program can be found by going on-line to www.gomarquette.com/fanatics.

Our program appreciates your support and we look forward to seeing you on November 4 at the Bradley Center!

We Are Marquette,

Mike Broeker
Deputy Director of Athletics

🏀

• All American
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2007, 12:56:36 PM »
Puts all the discussion to rest.

Gwaki

• All American
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2007, 01:00:21 PM »
Looks Like someone beat me to it.  Thats what happens when you post in the middle of class

Avenue Commons

• All American
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2007, 01:02:10 PM »
FANATIC TICKETS ON SALE NOW!

Dear,

Fanatic tickets for Marquette Basketball's 18-game home schedule are now available for $70.  Notwithstanding the first price increase in nearly a decade, Marquette Basketball's student season ticket package remains one of the most accessible and affordable in major college basketball.  You may now purchase tickets through your 'My Marquette Account'.

Sounds like a deal to me. I had no idea they only increased the price now for the first time in a decade.
We Are Marquette

muwarrior87

• All American
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2007, 01:06:04 PM »
such a deal, makes all those people who were complaining about ticket prices going up look kind of stupid. They also expanded the student section over one section in the upper bowl.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2007, 01:13:21 PM »
I'm fine with $70. Anything much more than $85-90, I would like an explanation as to where the extra $110,000 was going to.

CWSKeith

• Starter
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2007, 01:17:38 PM »
Hmm...  I just tried to buy mine and got an error message, something along the lines of, "Your request could not go through."

Bleh -- hopefully I can get that fixed ASAP.

SGWarrior

• Starter
  • "I'm a winning guy."
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2007, 02:08:54 PM »
Did anyone else check out the Fanatic Rewards?  Is this new this year?

I liked this part.

Fanatic MVP: Student with the highest point total at the end of the year. (All Expense paid trip for you & a friend to men's basketball postseason play)

I guess the Athletic Department is already punching their ticket for postseason play. 

I am extremely optimistic about this year, but I hate to be jinxed.  And yes I do realize most of us would be jumping off the Wisconsin Ave bridge if we don't come away with at least an NIT bid.

Gwaki

• All American
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2007, 02:22:39 PM »
Did anyone else check out the Fanatic Rewards?  Is this new this year?

I liked this part.

Fanatic MVP: Student with the highest point total at the end of the year. (All Expense paid trip for you & a friend to men's basketball postseason play)

I guess the Athletic Department is already punching their ticket for postseason play. 

I am extremely optimistic about this year, but I hate to be jinxed.  And yes I do realize most of us would be jumping off the Wisconsin Ave bridge if we don't come away with at least an NIT bid.

They had that last year as well

GoMarquetteSays

[GoMarquette.com] Student Season Tickets For Men's Hoops On Sale Now
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2007, 02:45:06 PM »
Student Season Tickets For Men's Hoops On Sale Now

Marquette University's student body will once again be able to take advantage of arguably one of the best ticket deals in all of collegiate basketball.

Season tickets for the 2007-08 MU men's basketball campaign are now on sale for just $70. Marquette's home slate includes some of the top programs in the nation, including Notre Dame, Louisville, Pittsburgh and Georgetown.

The per-game ticket price for Marquette's student faithful is just $3.88. The 18-game home schedule begins Nov. 4 with exhibition action and concludes in early March as the regular season concludes.

Marquette reserves nearly one quarter of the Bradley Center for student seating, by far the largest percentage in the BIG EAST Conference. The Bradley Center has announced a $1 per ticket increase per event, which the University has agreed to cover in regards to student tickets.

"Marquette students have greater access and pay appreciable less than their peers at similar schools," said Mike Broeker, Deputy Athletics Director.

Student ticket prices will see a slight increase over the course of the next two seasons, moving to $85 in 2008 and $100 in 2009. The increase this season is the first in nearly a decade and still remains one of the most affordable and accessible in the country at this level.

"The priority in the three-year plan was to maintain our commitment of accessibility to students," said Broeker.

http://www.gomarquette.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/091907aaa.html

« Last Edit: September 19, 2007, 03:07:54 PM by spiral97 »

muwarrior87

• All American
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2007, 03:08:46 PM »
my guess is the error messages are because too many people are trying to get tickets at the same time.  Just keep trying periodically today and you'll be ensured to get them. Even by this weekend i'm guessing they won't all be sold out, that would be quite miraculous.

muwarrior87

• All American
student ticket prices to increase over next few years
« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2007, 03:13:27 PM »
found this while perusing through gomarquette.com

http://gomarquette.cstv.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/091907aaa.html

I'm happy to pay that over the next few years. It will be interesting if there is any uproar from other students about this increase.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2007, 03:26:15 PM »
With increasing ticket prices, where is the money going? $45 dollars over three years for what? Since my first fanatic year in 2003-2004, giveaways are down, student 'parties'/'cookouts'/'meet n' greets' are down, student 'activities' are down, we no longer get actual tickets, students fund their way to DePaul now and the student section was increased in size.

I understand the need for an increase for general inflation, but let's get real here. $410,000 in ticket sales for the student section? Not too mention student section 'sections' get sold off for some games.

Since 2009 is talking $100, if I were still a student I would except something more for that $100. Like no more general admission seating (many schools), a free shirt for every conference game (DePaul), and some other additives.

$$$

drewm88

• All American
« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2007, 03:29:53 PM »
I think any complaining from students is ridiculous. They can sit front row to watch us play Georgetown for $3.88. Even if a student blows off all the NC games, it's still less than $8 a ticket. You can't argue with that. Just because there is an upcoming shift in the prices from very generous to slightly generous doesn't make it unfair.

I also find it strange but admirable that each student ticket costs an extra $18 to pay the BC, but Athletics is only passing on $15 of that cost.

Ready2Fly

• All American
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2007, 03:36:29 PM »
marqptm -

Are you really complaining about 2009 prices? 

By then we'll be a final four team and people will be talking about what a steal $100 for the whole season is. 

It sounds like you're complaining just for the sake of complaining.  And it's really quite annoying.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2007, 03:41:24 PM »
I complain because somebody has to. Ticket prices increase should be complained about. I'm more disappointed in the lack of implementations within the student section, and because of that I complain.

If MU really wants the student section to become 'One of the best student sections in the nation..." they should try to follow what the actual best student sections in the nation do... But, that would be beyond the scope that some people are willing to do.

Nice jinx on the final four already, thanks.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2007, 03:43:37 PM by marqptm »

ToddPacker

• Starter
« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2007, 03:46:16 PM »
With increasing ticket prices, where is the money going? $45 dollars over three years for what? Since my first fanatic year in 2003-2004, giveaways are down, student 'parties'/'cookouts'/'meet n' greets' are down, student 'activities' are down, we no longer get actual tickets, students fund their way to DePaul now and the student section was increased in size.

I understand the need for an increase for general inflation, but let's get real here. $410,000 in ticket sales for the student section? Not too mention student section 'sections' get sold off for some games.

Since 2009 is talking $100, if I were still a student I would except something more for that $100. Like no more general admission seating (many schools), a free shirt for every conference game (DePaul), and some other additives.

$$$

You have got to be joking, right?  $100 is still roughly $5 per game which is a steal even for students.  Did you read the release?  They have not increased prices in 10 years!  The situation could be a lot worse.  At Wisconsin, not every student who wants tickets gets them. 

🏀

• All American
« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2007, 03:51:03 PM »
I'd be happy if not everyone got a ticket, but Marquette is nowhere near the sice to pull it off to create the demand.

While, the price may seem like nothing (which I agree $5 a game is a fine ticket price) it's what $5-$8 gets other student sections at other schools.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2007, 04:14:22 PM »
what $5-$8 gets other student sections at other schools.

Pardon my ignorance - but what schools, and what does it get them?

Chili

• All American
  • Hot w/noodles, beans, cheese, sour cream & onions
« Reply #20 on: September 19, 2007, 04:14:49 PM »
I'd be happy if not everyone got a ticket, but Marquette is nowhere near the sice to pull it off to create the demand.

While, the price may seem like nothing (which I agree $5 a game is a fine ticket price) it's what $5-$8 gets other student sections at other schools.

Seats?????  ???
But I like to throw handfuls...

🏀

• All American
« Reply #21 on: September 19, 2007, 04:19:50 PM »

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/sioncampus/02/20/spring.break2/index.html

Any of these.

Just tell me where the money is going, and it would probably change my mind.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2007, 04:28:04 PM by marqptm »

Chili

• All American
  • Hot w/noodles, beans, cheese, sour cream & onions
« Reply #22 on: September 19, 2007, 04:28:34 PM »

Any of these.

Outside of Puke and the geeks who are the Crazies, those are large state schools with lots of students. Also, if you think large % of MU students would follow the rules these students do you are nuts!
But I like to throw handfuls...

muwarrior87

• All American
« Reply #23 on: September 19, 2007, 05:00:23 PM »
MU has under 12000 undergrads and our student section is absolutely huge compared to every other student section in the nation. It takes up the largest percentage of any college arena in the nation and I'm almost positive that our students have the best chance of getting tickets in the nation.  Personally, I think they should cut down on the student section in the upper bowl to increase demand and keep the prices where they are projected to be for the coming years.  Name a time when the BC or any college arena was louder than during MU vs ND game when Novak hit that three in the corner or even last year when Kinsella went off from behind the arc.  The BC is a vicious place to play and paying under 10 bucks a ticket for student section tickets is amazing. 

If you're going to change something with it, make it cost slightly more for 102, 225, 224, etc.  I will gladly pay 100 bucks for my fifth year of tickets at MU. Gotta love the co-op program. Gives me great seats a year longer before having to shell out big money for mediocre seats as an alum, which I will be doing.

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
  • Ammo, clean shaven Ammo.
« Reply #24 on: September 19, 2007, 05:01:41 PM »

Any of these.

Just tell me where the money is going, and it would probably change my mind.

Think about it this way:

The slight raise in student ticket prices (which can be written off as part of tuition if I remember right) keeps ticket prices more reasonable for alumni like me/us.

When you graduate and you have to shell out hundreds of dollars per seat, you will see what we mean.

I agree that the students are valuable, and the university needs to involve them as much as possible. But, getting up in arms over $5 per game is silly.

Enjoy being a student. Enjoy $5 pitchers at the Annex. Enjoy it all. Don't sweat the small stuff about an increase in ticket prices. 

feedback