[April 19, 2024, 11:10:31 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by Scoop Snoop
[April 19, 2024, 09:34:36 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Herman Cain
[April 19, 2024, 05:04:53 PM]

NIL Future by MU82
[April 19, 2024, 03:21:43 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Game of Thrones fans here?  (Read 198835 times)

buckchuckler

• All American
Re: Game of Thrones fans here?
« Reply #125 on: April 08, 2014, 09:26:22 PM »
What's the cheapest way to go about getting Game of Thrones?  I've never seen it, so I'd like to watch in bulk sometime soon.

Read the books.  Cheapest way to do it.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #126 on: April 08, 2014, 11:17:41 PM »
HBO picked up season 5 and 6

brandx

« Reply #127 on: April 08, 2014, 11:31:42 PM »

Hoping to go 7, I think.

Sunday's episode was highest rating for an HBO series since Sopranos finale.

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #128 on: April 09, 2014, 08:58:15 AM »

I just got a raging game of throner

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #129 on: April 09, 2014, 01:09:49 PM »

With all the "adult film stars" casted ....duh?

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #131 on: April 14, 2014, 09:47:49 AM »
No comments on last night's episode yet?

The end was so satisfying. I can't wait to see where it goes from here

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #132 on: April 14, 2014, 12:08:35 PM »
No comments on last night's episode yet?

The end was so satisfying. I can't wait to see where it goes from here

I'm giving it a 2 day moratorium before commenting since people may not be caught up

MU82

• All American
« Reply #133 on: April 14, 2014, 09:11:59 PM »
I'm giving it a 2 day moratorium before commenting since people may not be caught up

Loved the hell out of it.

I literally was on the edge of my seat during the final 15 minutes because I knew something big was going to happen. I just felt it, because I haven't read the books. I didn't expect that, though. Wow!

Agree with Bleu. I already am looking forward to next week's episode big-time.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #134 on: April 15, 2014, 08:28:05 AM »
Loved the hell out of it.

I literally was on the edge of my seat during the final 15 minutes because I knew something big was going to happen. I just felt it, because I haven't read the books. I didn't expect that, though. Wow!

Agree with Bleu. I already am looking forward to next week's episode big-time.

Without spoiling anything this season...

Enjoy this season, the next couple might be a little slower.  A lot of cool stuff will still happen, but the pace of this season will be unmatchable.  I hope that people who haven't read the books will be patient with the rest of the series.

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #135 on: April 15, 2014, 10:56:47 AM »

Enjoy this season, the next couple might be a little slower.  A lot of cool stuff will still happen, but the pace of this season will be unmatchable.  I hope that people who haven't read the books will be patient with the rest of the series.

I have heard from friends who have read the books that they expected the events of the 2nd episode to happen in the 4th or 5th episode. So this season is already progressing at breakneck pace relative to the books.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2014, 11:02:48 AM by Bleuteaux »

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #136 on: April 15, 2014, 11:10:26 AM »
Something fun to look at: book vs. show

http://i.imgur.com/R1uOWlY.png

*too big to embed

mu-rara

• All American
« Reply #137 on: April 15, 2014, 01:47:41 PM »
Too early to discuss specifics? 

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #138 on: April 15, 2014, 01:50:27 PM »
Too early to discuss specifics? 

I don't think so. People have had 36 hours. If they don't want to get spoiled, they probably shouldn't be on the internet at all.

I re-watched the wedding scene last night. After a second viewing, I think its fairly obvious who is behind what happened. It all fits together.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #139 on: April 15, 2014, 02:27:24 PM »
I don't think so. People have had 36 hours. If they don't want to get spoiled, they probably shouldn't be on the internet at all.

Agreed. But please don't say what happened next in the books.

I didn't read them. I have no imminent plan to read them. And I like to be surprised when I watch this kind of show.

I would have hated to know in advance how this episode ended, just as I would have hated to know how Red Wedding ended and would have hated to know that Ned Stark's life was ended.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #140 on: April 15, 2014, 07:43:46 PM »
Agreed. But please don't say what happened next in the books.

I didn't read them. I have no imminent plan to read them. And I like to be surprised when I watch this kind of show.

I would have hated to know in advance how this episode ended, just as I would have hated to know how Red Wedding ended and would have hated to know that Ned Stark's life was ended.

I agree 100%

No book spoilers, but I think tv episodes are fair game 24+ hours after airing

NotBuzzWilliams

• Starter
« Reply #141 on: April 15, 2014, 10:29:38 PM »
I haven't read the books, but rewatching the past 2 episodes let me piece together who did what.  But yes, I feel like this season is building into something big

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #142 on: April 17, 2014, 06:41:31 AM »
I haven't read the books, but rewatching the past 2 episodes let me piece together who did what.  But yes, I feel like this season is building into something big

Plus the internet.  The books are a lot less obvious about who did what.  Which is why they are a lot more fun as well.  Peeling apart paragraphs, and dissecting lines of text is more rewarding... IMO.

akmarq

• Starter
« Reply #143 on: April 17, 2014, 10:51:23 AM »

Enjoy this season, the next couple might be a little slower.  A lot of cool stuff will still happen, but the pace of this season will be unmatchable.  I hope that people who haven't read the books will be patient with the rest of the series.

I think they'll be able to find action by integrating book 4 and 5 into season 5/6. My uneducated guess is that they hit the 4th/5th books chronological synchronization point somewhere around late season 5/early season 6. All the plot that's happening at the same time but split between books 4 and 5 will be shown side-by-side in season 5.

The show has the benefit of knowing where things are headed in Books 6/7 so they can accelerate/decelerate pace as necessary. My biggest concern is that late seasons of GOT will spoil Book 7 for readers.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #144 on: April 17, 2014, 11:19:25 AM »
I think they'll be able to find action by integrating book 4 and 5 into season 5/6. My uneducated guess is that they hit the 4th/5th books chronological synchronization point somewhere around late season 5/early season 6. All the plot that's happening at the same time but split between books 4 and 5 will be shown side-by-side in season 5.

The show has the benefit of knowing where things are headed in Books 6/7 so they can accelerate/decelerate pace as necessary. My biggest concern is that late seasons of GOT will spoil Book 7 for readers.

I share that concern.  I'm worried that there is too much book info left for the show to only have 3 or 4 seasons left.  While books 4 and 5 were a bit slower, a lot still happened in them.  And with book 6 being at least as long as book 5, how will four books fit into four seasons of TV when book 3 took up two seasons alone!

I am holding out hope that they film the rest of the series and then shelf the last season or two if the books aren't out yet... and make a Robert's Rebellion season in the interim with other actors.  It would be easily done, and could let GRRM finish the books up and save face.  If the books are eclipsed by the TV show, that is a massive blunder for GRRM.

akmarq

• Starter
« Reply #145 on: April 17, 2014, 11:29:51 AM »
I am holding out hope that they film the rest of the series and then shelf the last season or two if the books aren't out yet... and make a Robert's Rebellion season in the interim with other actors.  It would be easily done, and could let GRRM finish the books up and save face.  If the books are eclipsed by the TV show, that is a massive blunder for GRRM.

It'd be a pretty uncool move to all the people who have invested all the time to read the books. I realize that the TV show is now a much bigger deal than the series, but it takes a serious commitment (as far as reading time) to follow the book series. Never thought of doing a prequel type season to buy time but I'd be very interested in it - watching the Battle on the Trident would be awesome.

Might also give them a chance to flush out some popular lineage theories that pull on later books  ;)

chapman

• All American
« Reply #146 on: April 18, 2014, 08:05:24 AM »
I have heard from friends who have read the books that they expected the events of the 2nd episode to happen in the 4th or 5th episode. So this season is already progressing at breakneck pace relative to the books.

Indeed it's a loaded season.  Page-wise they had far less than half of the third book remaining to cover for this season, but the content to make good television is much, much greater.  In addition, based on casting, trailers shown, and obvious need for story lines for characters not covered, they'll be dipping into the fourth and fifth books this season and probably creating some of their own plot as well. 

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #147 on: April 18, 2014, 09:34:19 AM »
Fun fact,

George RR Martin wrote the last television episode.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #148 on: April 18, 2014, 09:49:17 AM »
Fun fact,

George RR Martin wrote the last television episode.

He writes one every year.  He did the battle of the blackwater in season 2.

chapman

• All American
« Reply #149 on: April 18, 2014, 02:37:15 PM »
Is he still laying out his thoughts on the Jets signing Chris Johnson, or is he actually writing Winds of Winter?