collapse

* Recent Posts

2024 Coaching Carousel by willie warrior
[Today at 03:50:16 AM]

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by Plaque Lives Matter!
[Today at 01:02:54 AM]

45 minutes ago at the Dallas Westin by MuggsyB
[Today at 12:19:24 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by CountryRoads
[Today at 12:05:42 AM]

Are we still recruiting anyone for the 24-25 season. by Don_Kojis
[Today at 12:04:21 AM]

Where is Marquette? by marqfan22
[March 28, 2024, 09:29:52 PM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by Daniel
[March 28, 2024, 08:47:22 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Game of Thrones fans here?  (Read 197199 times)

MU82

• All American
Re: Game of Thrones fans here?
« Reply #500 on: August 14, 2017, 05:10:10 PM »
I was a little tired when I finally got around to watching the episode at midnight, and the whole Jon being the rightful heir thing went over my head. I now have to re-watch it. Which I like to do, anyway!

So thanks, everybody.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

mayfairskatingrink

• Starter
« Reply #501 on: August 15, 2017, 09:32:07 AM »
So how did Jamie and Bronn get from (while underwater) one side of the lake to the other with his set of armor and huge sword weighing him down?

And when they get out of the water, they barely seem tired?  C'mon.

Best acted scene in the ep was between Dany and Jorah.   Seeing Tyrion and Jamie get a scene together was nice, too.

Sure hope there isn't an annoying fan fiction-like Dany/Jon Snow romance. 

The Davos/Gendry comedy routine went on too long and was obviously episode padding.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #502 on: August 15, 2017, 09:38:06 AM »
So random thought about the Fellowship/Suicide Squad. The majority of these guys are essentially undead in some way or another. The hound was essentially dead before a miracle, John and Berrick were actually dead, Jorah was a dead man walking for all intensive purposes, Gendry was a similar case when he was sold to the red priestess and Stannis. I don't recall anything with Tormund or Thoros being "born again" but I don't think that this is a coincidence that this much of the group has died/been essentially dead and is about to face a massive army of the dead.
Maigh Eo for Sam

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #503 on: August 15, 2017, 09:39:20 AM »
So how did Jamie and Bronn get from (while underwater) one side of the lake to the other with his set of armor and huge sword weighing him down?

And when they get out of the water, they barely seem tired?  C'mon.

Every time I find myself asking such questions, I remind myself I'm watching a show with dragons, giants, smoke monsters, witches with the power of resurrection, and a zombie army led by an 8,000-year-old ghoul.
Given all that, believing a guy can swim a few hundred yards wearing armor isn't all that difficult.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #504 on: August 15, 2017, 08:14:46 PM »
So random thought about the Fellowship/Suicide Squad. The majority of these guys are essentially undead in some way or another. The hound was essentially dead before a miracle, John and Berrick were actually dead, Jorah was a dead man walking for all intensive purposes, Gendry was a similar case when he was sold to the red priestess and Stannis. I don't recall anything with Tormund or Thoros being "born again" but I don't think that this is a coincidence that this much of the group has died/been essentially dead and is about to face a massive army of the dead.

Interesting thought. Me likey.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #505 on: August 16, 2017, 07:09:33 AM »
New episode was leaked
Maigh Eo for Sam

Stronghold

• All American
« Reply #506 on: August 16, 2017, 09:03:17 AM »
New episode was leaked

Personally I like waiting til Sunday night.  Gives me something to look forward to before Monday  comes.

mayfairskatingrink

• Starter
« Reply #507 on: August 16, 2017, 09:02:24 PM »
Wow.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #508 on: August 16, 2017, 09:47:58 PM »
Found this pretty hilarious as it pertains to the geographic and timeline discrepancies in Thrones

buckchuckler

• All American
« Reply #509 on: August 16, 2017, 10:16:05 PM »
Found this pretty hilarious as it pertains to the geographic and timeline discrepancies in Thrones

They are mostly frozen, and therefore must move slowly.  Duh.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #510 on: August 16, 2017, 10:48:07 PM »
Maigh Eo for Sam

mayfairskatingrink

• Starter
« Reply #511 on: August 16, 2017, 11:14:52 PM »
Leaked episode?

Yes, it lives up to the hype, and then some.  I'm leaving for a vacation, so I wasn't going to be able to see it on Sunday, and didn't want anything spoiled, so I watched.

I would advise to stay off of youtube.  People are posting all the important scenes with the spoilers in the title, just to be jerks.

The picture quality is really good, btw. 

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #512 on: August 16, 2017, 11:57:37 PM »
Yes, it lives up to the hype, and then some.  I'm leaving for a vacation, so I wasn't going to be able to see it on Sunday, and didn't want anything spoiled, so I watched.

I would advise to stay off of youtube.  People are posting all the important scenes with the spoilers in the title, just to be jerks.

Can't wait.

This show has the potential to surpass Breaking Bad as my favorite drama of all time.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #513 on: August 17, 2017, 07:40:11 AM »

Yeah I watched it. My haw was on the floor pretty much the whole time. I'd honestly watch that episode over 5 of the lord of the rings movies
Maigh Eo for Sam

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #514 on: August 17, 2017, 08:47:06 AM »
Yeah I watched it. My haw was on the floor pretty much the whole time. I'd honestly watch that episode over 5 of the lord of the rings movies

Okay, knock it off.  I am respectfully requesting an end to these comments as I would like to watch it in a legitimate manner - with my HBO subscription.

Also, why do you think it is okay to take delivery of stolen goods here?  Is it any different than buying a TV that "fell off the truck"?
Have some patience, FFS.

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #515 on: August 17, 2017, 09:38:46 AM »
Well these are HBO subscribers I'm guessing so stealing is a reach, more like people watching on Sunday had it on layaway all week?

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #516 on: August 17, 2017, 09:49:00 AM »
Okay, knock it off.  I am respectfully requesting an end to these comments as I would like to watch it in a legitimate manner - with my HBO subscription.

Also, why do you think it is okay to take delivery of stolen goods here?  Is it any different than buying a TV that "fell off the truck"?

To be fair, it sounds like HBO pushed the TVs off the truck in Spain.
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #517 on: August 17, 2017, 10:04:39 AM »
Well these are HBO subscribers I'm guessing so stealing is a reach, more like people watching on Sunday had it on layaway all week?

Are they all subscribers?
Have some patience, FFS.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #518 on: August 17, 2017, 10:15:15 AM »

A) I said nothing that gave away anything. Outside of it being a great episode. I'd never post a spoiler, respect everyone's wishes to watch at their own pace. What I said was no different than my roommate telling me to go see Dunkirk because it was a fantastic movie and better than saving private Ryan.

B) I pay for HBO, thus it's not stolen. It'd be like me buying something and going to the warehouse to take it before it comes out officially. I did pay for it, just didn't wait for the shipment.

C) is the reason you're singling me out because you know I'm in my mid 20s whereas the other individual is an unknown age and thus you can't "mom them"?
Maigh Eo for Sam

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #519 on: August 17, 2017, 10:21:07 AM »
A) I said nothing that gave away anything. Outside of it being a great episode. I'd never post a spoiler, respect everyone's wishes to watch at their own pace. What I said was no different than my roommate telling me to go see Dunkirk because it was a fantastic movie and better than saving private Ryan.

B) I pay for HBO, thus it's not stolen. It'd be like me buying something and going to the warehouse to take it before it comes out officially. I did pay for it, just didn't wait for the shipment.

C) is the reason you're singling me out because you know I'm in my mid 20s whereas the other individual is an unknown age and thus you can't "mom them"?

It was a general comment.  Not a big fan of any non-authorized streaming of music, video, etc.
Have some patience, FFS.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #520 on: August 17, 2017, 10:25:09 AM »
It was a general comment.  Not a big fan of any non-authorized streaming of music, video, etc.

The only things I non authorize download are original EPs that aren't available anymore which amounts to roughly 5 songs and that band has gotten loads of money from me with tshirts, tickets, cds and Spotify. Beyond that I pay for Spotify pay for Amazing prime pay for Netflix etc.
Maigh Eo for Sam

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #521 on: August 17, 2017, 10:34:04 AM »
The only things I non authorize download are original EPs that aren't available anymore which amounts to roughly 5 songs and that band has gotten loads of money from me with tshirts, tickets, cds and Spotify. Beyond that I pay for Spotify pay for Amazing prime pay for Netflix etc.

Well, then...

Have some patience, FFS.

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #522 on: August 20, 2017, 08:17:25 AM »
Can't wait for tonight!!

tower912

• All American
« Reply #523 on: August 20, 2017, 08:59:26 PM »
Oh, my.  So what will the zombie ice dragon shoot out of its mouth?
« Last Edit: August 20, 2017, 09:14:20 PM by tower912 »
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

chapman

• All American
« Reply #524 on: August 20, 2017, 09:33:03 PM »
Quite the nutty episode.  Did not expect a dragon to go down and be turned...but really good that they got the dragon/army of the dead interaction in.  Was not expecting that until the very end of the series, and really ups the stakes now.

As far as the accelerated timing, it put Euron's teleportation to shame...apparently "send a Raven" now means a text message and dragons are equipped with hyperdrive. 

feedback